Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679123 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413492 Jan 5, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
Just got back from a pleasure trip: I took my mother-in-law to the airport.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/h...
When God sneezed, I didn't know what to say.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#413493 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Kay.
I know several priests who had girlfriends while in high school or college. They usually don't take their vows until they are late 20's and early 30's. They have a choice, an option, to do whatever they want. They know full well what their options are. They can get married and be deacons. They can serve God in the Church however they please. They choose celibacy because it is their calling.
"Saint Paul made a choice of his own...at a time when others did not make that choice."
Wrong again. Many in the early Church were voluntarily celibate. The bible has lots of passages in praise of celibacy. We are called to be saints. St. Paul praised celibacy. He recommended it. St. Paul CHOSE celibacy because it was his calling. Jesus said whoever can do so does it for the kingdom.
Why do I sense resentment from you towards those in the Catholic Church who can faithfully give up sex in order to glorify God?
Boys do kiss and tell, huh? Perhaps their consciences were wounded, or their hearts were broken...so they needed an escape.

No resentment against those who TRY. We are talking about those who FAIL. And God's commandment says 'multiply, and replenish the earth'.
Jesus said that celibacy was not an easy choice...only those called to be so could handle it. What is it about celibacy that glorifies God...especially when the molesters are plainly NOT celibate.

Saint Paul says ( 1Co 9:5) Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife,(as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas)?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#413494 Jan 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
Thanks and a blessed and peace-filled New Year to you and your family!!
hey POPE HOJO, was reading the quincy patriot ledger,interesting story in the paper,your allways saying how great the church is doing with people joining the church,well in haverstraw,n.y. they are closing 12 catholic schools,and in the bronx and manhattan they are closing 14 more,only 2,155 students attend these schools,ya attendance is skyrocketing.

#413495 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And another issue I have with your post here Kay; are you suggesting that young people should commit fornication so they can know what they're missing before they choose celibacy?
Are YOU saying that they DO commit fornication? LOL

Oh, that is right...you DID say that high school and college buddies did.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413496 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your jollies on your own Mike, I'd rather not be part of it.
Darn, I thought you were going to back up your statements with some links for once.

You can't absolve the RCC by dragging others through the muck.

The simple ... logical ... reasonable ... FACT is that it is highly unlikely that any God would allow his so-called "morals" teacher to bring humanity the largest child sex-abuse COVER-UP in world history.

That would be a very arbitrary god, with no concept of accountability.

That is very, very unlikely.

I think whatever higher power exists is far better than that.

#413497 Jan 5, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
Do you know what it means to come home at night to a woman who'll give you a little love, a little affection, a little tenderness? It means you're in the wrong house, that's what it means.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/h...
No wonder that you are bitter. You should be in a Christian home...and you should ENCOURAGE your little woman; after all, women are RESPONDERS.

If you growl and slap her around, don't think she will be happy with you.

usa

#413498 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
Only a wicked cult would look at a beautiful depiction of Mary holding the dying Jesus - in Michaelangelo's Pieta) and claim its a graven image.
it's more to than that clay,it's that idol of mary sitting your yard or another saint you may have,mary seems to be the most popular,if the muslims really start going after catholics their houses won't be hard to find.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413499 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No you're not fooling anyone Michael. In fact, you make me sick to my stomach even replying to you.
The CC would have spent twice as much trying to fight it. And you know it.
So long. I'm officially done with Topix. Congrats Miguel... your unrelenting ignorance and slander has worked.
Yes, the RCC is certainly fighting "it."

That's why Vatican leadership has continually invoked 'diplomatic immunity' when asked to testify or provide evidence about "it" on 5 continents.

Or as the RCC prays today -- Thank you, Saint Benito Mussolini for all of your favors.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413500 Jan 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
A story written by an abuse victim from the age of 7 until age ll from 1953 to 1957. He claims he was one of several victims at the hands of a priest from Denver.
This victim wrote a letter to the Pope in 1993 telling him of his 40 years of torment, agony and pain at the hands of this priest.
The Pope never responded back to him.
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news5/19...
that is what I am talking about. SHAME!
Thank you, a moving link - worth a re-post.

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news5/19...

Think of this times 100,000 worldwide.

#413501 Jan 5, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i'm feeling ok,i haven't followed the nuns story that much,i can understand there gripes,women are second class citizens according tob the bible,they are suppose to stay home clean the house take care of kids and do what ever their husbands tell them to do.and the nuns/women have no real voice in the church,for that matter no one in the catholic church has a say in what goes on,everything is done by the vatican council behind closed doors.
A woman has no higher calling than to be a 'home-maker' and mother.
They've been lied to; I know several that needed 'careers' instead of wiping dirty noses, and changing diapers.

They took nurses training, and now wipe the noses and change the diapers of old men in nursing homes.

Their babies (if they have any) are left to providence to 'raise' them...no tender mothering...and they grow up calloused enough to shoot up Sandy Hook, etc.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#413502 Jan 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Boys do kiss and tell, huh? Perhaps their consciences were wounded, or their hearts were broken...so they needed an escape.
No resentment against those who TRY. We are talking about those who FAIL. And God's commandment says 'multiply, and replenish the earth'.
Jesus said that celibacy was not an easy choice...only those called to be so could handle it. What is it about celibacy that glorifies God...especially when the molesters are plainly NOT celibate.
Saint Paul says ( 1Co 9:5) Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife,(as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas)?
Perhaps. Or perhaps your ignorance and bigotry prevents you from admitting that there are Catholic men who love God so much that they willingly give up sex for the kingdom.
Anthony MN

United States

#413503 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Are YOU saying that they DO commit fornication? LOL
Oh, that is right...you DID say that high school and college buddies did.
You know what I said Kay. Get your mind out of the gutter, it's unbecoming of a 79 year old "lady".
Michael

Canada

#413504 Jan 5, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>went there and ordered an 8 piece bucket got the mashy's gravy cole slaw,also ordered extra mash potatoes,gravy and two more cole slaws,got home and all the extra orders were gravy's,couldn't believe it,but then none of the people working there really didn't speak english very well,and that's the only reason i can think of as to the order screw up.a law should be passed that if you come to this country you must take a class on speaking english,or go back home,and i don't mean it in a predjudice way.

Maybe next time give them a few pesos and maybe they will give you a whole BUCKET OF CHICKEN!.........with the cole slaw.(lol)

usa

#413505 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
You phony. I already called you out last week on your absurd claims. But like a good and dedicated bigot, you ignored it and carried on. You fool no one but yourself.(and I gotta imagine that's easy to do)
There has always been abuse in every group that every existed.. in the history of use world. Start with that fact, then you'll see how stupid you are for singling out the CC. Also, I can barely type the word 'child sex'. I have no idea how you and Free manage to type 14 times a day for two yrs straight! Something is very disturbing about that. I suspect your computer contains things that could put you in prison...
he is singling out the C.C. because this is a catholic forum,if it were an open forum of abuse in multiple organizations we would be discussing them all,but that'a not the case here,we shouldn't be talking about the abuse,we should be discussing the churches rediculous statement of being the true church of christ,when there is no historical facts anywhere to support their claim.
Michael

Canada

#413506 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps. Or perhaps your ignorance and bigotry prevents you from admitting that there are Catholic men who love God so much that they willingly give up sex for the kingdom.
You make no sense again Anthony.

No one has to give up sex in order to have the kingdom. Aren't you one of them?(lol)

Why would a man sacrifice his entire life not wanting a loving wife and the joy of children, and grandchildren for low wages/long hours, and lonliness as many claim, with no more special treatment in getting to heaven than anyone else in the laymans world who follow the rules.

If you die and go to heaven, and Father Dye goes to heaven, you made no sacrifice to get there.

Whats the point in being a priest unless you love what you do with no more special reward in the end than you get?

ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#413507 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
A woman has no higher calling than to be a 'home-maker' and mother.
They've been lied to; I know several that needed 'careers' instead of wiping dirty noses, and changing diapers.
They took nurses training, and now wipe the noses and change the diapers of old men in nursing homes.
Their babies (if they have any) are left to providence to 'raise' them...no tender mothering...and they grow up calloused enough to shoot up Sandy Hook, etc.
What an ignorant and 'callous' post.

You should sign your posts, it would be the honest thing to do. You know...not deceitful, telling the truth, that kind of thing.
Are you having a nice visit?
Michael

Canada

#413508 Jan 5, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Darn, I thought you were going to back up your statements with some links for once.
You can't absolve the RCC by dragging others through the muck.
The simple ... logical ... reasonable ... FACT is that it is highly unlikely that any God would allow his so-called "morals" teacher to bring humanity the largest child sex-abuse COVER-UP in world history.
That would be a very arbitrary god, with no concept of accountability.
That is very, very unlikely.
I think whatever higher power exists is far better than that.
... Anthony/HOJO/CLAY call us every name in the book for reporting on abuse claims in the catholic church that they should be aware of, and tell us we shouldn't be doing it, then ANTHONY posts to confrinting claiming HE is now going to post links about protestant abuses.

UNBELIEVABLE ANTHONY!

I am still waiting for Anthonys links that he promised. He won't. He just talks big.
Michael

Canada

#413509 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says......Or perhaps your ignorance and bigotry,........

More christmas greetings from Anthony.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#413510 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
No wonder that you are bitter. You should be in a Christian home...and you should ENCOURAGE your little woman; after all, women are RESPONDERS.
If you growl and slap her around, don't think she will be happy with you.
You should be in a home! Trying to analyze me over a Henny Youngman joke. Your life must suck.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#413511 Jan 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you it wasn't me.
Don't ever say no catholic would ever do this. They are no different than anyone else.
I too have grand children, and I too would be upset.
mike, I never considered that you would have done something like that, and I dont beleive that any of the catholics on here would have done that.

I beleive that the three mentioned would be the guilty party, and to hate a little baby is Pathetic, to say the least.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Bongo 119,205
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Vlad 2,630
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr earthly science f... 445,839
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 hr Holy Jehowa Witness 46,214
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 6 hr Trumps worshiper 33,216
Melania Trump's hair shines in Saudi sun 6 hr Trumps worshiper 5
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 hr Rider on the Storm 184,831
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) Thu UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
More from around the web