Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641629 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#413404 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Church fought every single allegation in court, they'd be broke just from lawyer fees.
The day after the first check was issued there must of been ten thousand new accusations.
All you can do is pray for the false accusers and the Priest they taint. And there have been many many innocent Priest who's lives have been ruined by this. The bigots don't care about them though. They're collateral casualties in the bigots agenda.
No one likes false accusers. Why would the church pay $$ to false accusers? You wouldn't, why would your church?

ITS YOUR MONEY THATS FLYING OUT THE WINDOW.

A lot of priests/bishops who had first hand information about bad clergy and told no one, to protect the church, have RUINED THE GOOD PRIESTS.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#413405 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a second. Did you say ' us born agains can be reasoned' to read the bible the same?
That's a bit of a problem. Truth is truth. It shouldn't be compromised. If you know something is truth, why would somebody be able to reason you away from it?
Are you not familiar with the story of Phillip, who was led by the Spirit to the man reading Isaiah? The man asked how he could understand it unless some man explained it.

Faith comes by hearing the Word of God. Preachers are required to preach the Word, so that people's hearts may be stirred to believe.

#413406 Jan 5, 2013
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Matthew 15:10-20

What Really Defiles

F.B.MEYER COMMENTARY

It is good to study our Lord’s list of the sources of soul-pollution.

Evil thoughts come first.
We cannot prevent an evil suggestion being presented to our minds, but we can refuse to dwell on it. To resist the inclination to dwell on it strengthens us in the opposite direction; to yield to it is to commit the sin in our heart, which, in God’s sight, is equivalent to the outward act. Notice that railing, that is, unkind and uncharitable speech, is in this black-list.

The heart,
rather than the body, is the source of sin. Out of the heart! The body is the dial-plate on which the soul registers its improvement or deterioration. Do not find fault with your members: look to your heart and keep it beyond keeping, for out of it are the issues of life.

Ask God
to create in you a clean heart.
See that you distinguish between the first Adam and the second.
Deny what you inherit of human weakness and sin, and affirm all that is of Christ’s imparting.

The cross of Calvary
and the uprising of the living Christ are facts of perpetual experience

#413407 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so the rest of the planet gets to attempt a treatment course with offenders, and its called 'standard practice when feeling with offenders in the 20th century'
But when the Catholic Church did it, you call it a cover-up!
You phony bigot. Scram.
Since when is a 'treatment course' and a 'cover-up' the same thing?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#413408 Jan 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
~~~
commentary by F.B.MYER
Messiah’s mission,
Isa_61:1-3.
At Nazareth our Lord applied these words to Himself. Let us care for the outcasts as He did; but to do so, we need to be anointed with the Holy Spirit, who rested so mightily on Him.
The acceptable year is clearly that of Lev_25:8-13. Our Lord, when quoting this, stopped at the comma, Isa_61:2, because the day of vengeance is not yet.
See Luk_4:19.
Mark that it is only for a day! God not only delivers, but anoints and crowns.
Messiah’s kingdom,
Isa_61:4-9. In days yet future, the ruined cities of Palestine shall be restored. In a spiritual sense, we also may appropriate this promise. When we receive the Pentecostal gift, we also witness the restoration of the wastes, which our sins have caused in our own lives and in the lives of others.
Let us clasp to our hearts Isa_61:7-9.
Messiah’s joy, Isa_61:10-11. Jesus is the true bridegroom of the soul; and we may appropriate our side of these happy words.
Note this combination of imputed and imparted righteousness.
The one is put on as a garment, Isa_61:10;
the other blossoms out from within, Isa_61:11.
Oh, that from our lives God would cause righteousness and praise to spring forth!
confrinting dearest friend

Today's Officeial prayer(in the Liturgy of the Hours) for the whole Church includes a reading of Isaiah 61:1-11. How remarkable that you would comment on it today!

After reading the Hebrew to English of Isaiah 61 verse 11, concerning "imputed" righteousness, I would point out that the "normal" English versions do not emphasize enough to this verse, that the earth should be compared to the nations, and Israel to the garden.

And then because of the "everlasting covenant", that the Lord is the Word which is cast as seed.

Yet we must as in verse 6 declares; repair the the wastes and desolation....So it goes beyond merely imputed righteousness, but also infused righteousness....In other words we must work an active role in establishing the kingdom of God within ourselves....

That means working towards praise and righteousness, as well as allowing it to spring up....

We need to attend to the garden as well. Water it, pull out weeds(confess sins), and fertilize, and trim it....This too is part of infused righteousness....We must not be just hearers, but doers of the Word in works of righteousness....

Thank you so much for writing on this verse today....
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#413409 Jan 5, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
And devout Communists had Pravda.
So what?
What happened the the RCC's own John Jay Report?
It's now being spun for the ages. "Here are the facts, now forget it."
Very evil, this organization.
What happened to the John Jay report?

What do you mean? Its 12 yrs old now. That's all.

Its history.. it was a courageous and noble report initiated by the Roman Catholic Church to figure out what was going on. Its independent findings show that the Church is no more infested with pedophiles then any other group.(more facts you and mike don't want people to hear)

Now, 12 yrs later, there were 7 cases. 7!!

There were probably 20 just in your Florida school district.
Amazing.

#413410 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't follow your reasoning for pasting these links. These are official documents FORBIDDING sexaul abuse and the PUNISHMENTS for doing it. It seems to me that the Church has actually made concerted efforts to make rules AGAINST it. If they never taught against it or said it was ok you might have a point.
The fact that it still happens is really just a result of the human condition. The bible warns against sinning, but Christians still sin. Your issue should be with the Christian faith because people continue to sin.
Christians may fall into temptation, repent, and be forgiven. But when a person molests many children, there is no repentence/forgiveness visible.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#413411 Jan 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
No one likes false accusers. Why would the church pay $$ to false accusers? You wouldn't, why would your church?
ITS YOUR MONEY THATS FLYING OUT THE WINDOW.
A lot of priests/bishops who had first hand information about bad clergy and told no one, to protect the church, have RUINED THE GOOD PRIESTS.
So you would sell your house and all your belongings just to fight some accuser?
ya right you hypocrite.
Let God deal with the false accusers after they die.
Their court date will be before God.

The Church has a Gospel to proclaim...
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#413412 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Since when is a 'treatment course' and a 'cover-up' the same thing?
The Church in the past, tried to treat the problem like the rest of the world did.
Now, people say they 'covered it up'.
Today if the rest of the world can follow the example of the Catholic Church, maybe their. numbers will be at 0.002% too.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#413413 Jan 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
When a man is charged with raping a woman you just say thats just human condition? No big deal. UNBELIEVABLE!
The canon laws and papal documents and there are MANY! from the 3rd century onward its OBVIOUS the church NEVER got this problem under control or it would have been stopped in 309 AD, or 414 AD or 501 AD, and if you read the top right hand column of this forum catholic priests today in 2013 are still being caught.
Why so many sexual deviants in religious organizations? Why do you make excuses saying its just part of the human condition?
You should be shouting from the rooftops......Where has the accountability been, and how many thousands of victims went to their graves in agony because even their own parents wouldn't believe clergy were capable of harming or covering up these most serious crimes....
STOP MAKING EXCUSES......That just makes you a conspirator.....
I never said "no big deal" you jackass, I said it's part of the human condition. Sin will never be eradicated as long as the human race exists. And there are tons of official documents produced over the centuries and 99.99% of them DON'T deal with sexual abuse, so you have no point.

Mike, there were 7 credible accusations in 2011. That's 0.000175% of the priest population.

That IS being accountable.

Location hidden

#413414 Jan 5, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that the Republicrats are at fault. But I don't put the blame on the people that govern I put it in the people that elect them.
By the way I'm not a republican nor a democrat. I'm a tea partier which you may consider as most lefties do worse than republicans.
I believe that as a father I need to give my children a biblical based education so they can come up with their own conclusions about their government and life in general.
They won't be blaming they will be achieving.
You are fortunate to see grandchildren, I would like to get there if the Lord gives me that much time.
Greetings disciple old friend

I think one needs to prioritize....First is God's Law, then God's Revealed Law, Natural Law, then civil law.

Here in the U.S. we have deviated our civil law from Natural Law(as in the case of abortion).

Thus the moral nature of our country makes it on a course for desolation.

#413415 Jan 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
NEW YORK — Just last year......The Archdiocese of Philadelphia announced yesterday that it had suspended 21 priests from active ministry in connection with accusations that involved sexual abuse or otherwise inappropriate behavior with minors.
.....""ROMAN CATHOLIC DIOCESES FILED BANKRUPTCY""
.....Tucson Diocese emerges from Chapter 11 protection"US Church offers abuse settlement". BBC News. January 5, 2007. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/623... .
..."Iowa Diocese Files For Bankruptcy". CBS News. October 10, 2006. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/10/nat... Iowa: Judge throws out Iowa City Regina priest suitSignOnSanDiego.com > News > Metro -
... S.D. Catholic diocese files for bankruptcy"
...Diocese of Wilmington reluctantly files for bankruptcy". Catholic News Agency. http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php... . Retrieved 29 June 2012."Filing Halts Abuse Trial", Baltimore Sun. 2009-10-20. Retrieved 2010-05-06.Urbina, Ian (October 20, 2009).
...."Delaware Diocese Files for Bankruptcy in Wake of Abuse Suits". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/20/us/20delawa... . Retrieved May 23, 2010.Ramde, Dinesh (January 4, 2011).
...."Milwaukee archdiocese to seek bankruptcy protection in wake of pending sexual-abuse lawsuits". Minneapolis StarTribune. http://www.startribune.com/local/112879704.ht... . Retrieved January 5, 2011.
....In Boston there were 70 priests and ministers who have been sent to prison for sexually assaulting children in 1985 and the numbers have grown since this time and punishable by more severe sentences.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abu...
A terrible history, that people keep defending!
70 priests in Boston alone...and only a fraction of priests are guilty?
And you can believe/defend THAT ?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#413416 Jan 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Your priorities are ass-backwards.
You should be screaming for accountability, not patting the church on the back because only 9 priests sexually assaulted children in 2009? 9 that we know of! Just the tip of the iceburg.
UNBELIEVABLE!
day 700.. Michael has dedicated 90% of his 14 post a day on child sexual abuse.

You're a sick pervert. Let the Canadian authorities look at you computer!
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#413417 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't follow your reasoning for pasting these links. These are official documents FORBIDDING sexaul abuse and the PUNISHMENTS for doing it. It seems to me that the Church has actually made concerted efforts to make rules AGAINST it. If they never taught against it or said it was ok you might have a point.
The fact that it still happens is really just a result of the human condition. The bible warns against sinning, but Christians still sin. Your issue should be with the Christian faith because people continue to sin.
I think the argument he is making is that legislation against an offense proves knowledge that the offense is taking place, or has taken place in the past.
This argument has some merit.
Where I think it falls apart is what the anti-Catholics think it means.
When there is a directive against disclosures regading abuse committed during the sacrament of confession, the anti-Catholic folks call that a cover-up.
And it COULD have been ... but there is a quite reasonable explanation of it.
If Suzy comes to me and tells me that Fr. Smith sexually abused her when she went to him for confession, I cannot repeat that with breaking the seal, nor can I grant Fr. Smith the right to confront his accuser.
It would be much simpler if Suzy would just go th the Civil Authority and report. If she won't do that, there is very little I can do, except under the utmost secrecy.
This is not to protect the accused ( well, except that he REALLY should be able to confront his accuser, but I don't know that this is an absolute in Canon Law. Should be, but may not be), but rather to protect the right of the accuser, who has a right to secrecy over the fact that she went to confession.
I *never* have the right to divulge that fact, any more than I could divulge what she confessed.
The directive from the pope that all accusations regarding an offense committed DURING THE SACRAMENT OF CONFESSION be held in a diocese's "secret archives" (roughly equivalent to "personnel files" for any group or corporation, as these are considered "confidential documents") was an attempt to address the confidentiality of the matte, to not break the seal of the confessional.
Our directive is that we are to make IMMEDIATE report of any allegation of sexual abuse of a minor to DHS. I have never seen a directive as to what to do if someone tells me in the contexts of the confessional. I would push such a person to make the report themselves.
If someone told me that Fr. Smith had commited sexual abuse (and they are telling ME this outside of the confessional), my response would be to call DHS, and tell them Suzy had made an accusation against Fr. Smith. "When?" Why, she just told me. "No,*when* does she say this occurred?" I forget. You have your job. Go ASK the peson who made the accusation.
Rob

#413418 Jan 5, 2013
The cross of Calvary
and the uprising of the living Christ are facts of perpetual experience ..

The perpetual experience/ability of the blood of Jesus to cleans us from all sin...

is of more worth to our penitent hearts

(to cleanse us from all sin)

than all the wealth that this world holds,

or all the supporting actors that were present on the

stage, of His first event...upon the earth.

My redeemer is worthy of all praise, and non other is worthy...

I will sing of my Redeemer,
And His wondrous love to me;
On the cruel cross He suffered,
From the curse to set me free.

Refrain

Sing, oh sing, of my Redeemer,
With His blood, He purchased me.
On the cross, He sealed my pardon,
Paid the debt, and made me free.

I will tell the wondrous story,
How my lost estate to save,
In His boundless love and mercy,
He the ransom freely gave.

Refrain

I will praise my dear Redeemer,
His triumphant power I’ll tell,
How the victory He giveth
Over sin, and death, and hell.

Refrain

I will sing of my Redeemer,
And His heav’nly love to me;
He from death to life hath brought me,
Son of God with Him to be.

Refrain

Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#413419 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Awfully convenient that you would read "70 priests and ministers" as "70 priests."
Says quite a bit about you.
Rob

Location hidden

#413420 Jan 5, 2013
Let's settle this truth once and for all: It is the nearness of God that produces our good. Christianity was never designed by God to be sustained by nice people trying to appear good. We're not that good. We're not that clever. And we're not that nice. The only thing that can sustain true Christianity is true union with Jesus Christ. It is nearness to Him in all things that produces our spiritual fruit.
If we are honest, we will admit that, apart from the influence and work of God, there is nothing morally superior or remarkably virtuous about our lives.
Our flesh has the same carnal passions as do people in the world; our soul carries within it the same insecurities and fears.
Thus, apart from the influence of Christ in us, there's no difference between Christians and non-Christians (except that Christians, when living separate from God's presence, can be more obnoxious).
It's only our relationship with the Lord that keeps us from fulfilling the lusts and desires of the flesh, for apart from Him we can do nothing (John 15:5).
Therefore, the strength of our walk does not originate from within ourselves; rather it comes from our relationship with Christ.
Our virtue, if it can be defined as such, is that we have learned to prioritize seeking God; our character is the offspring of our oneness with Jesus.
By this I mean, Jesus is not only first on our list of priorities; His influence rules over all our priorities.
He inspires love in our relationships;
His voice becomes the conviction in our integrity. God has made "Christ Jesus" to be to us "wisdom … and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption" (1 Cor. 1:30).
Thus, the God-seeker desires to find the Lord's pleasure drawn to every aspect of his soul.
He also knows that, should an area of his heart exist in isolation from God, he will remain vulnerable to manipulation by the enemy in that area.
So let me underscore the psalmist's truth, and let us say with our own voice of conviction: it is the nearness of our God that is our good.
confrinting good friend

Nicely said.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#413421 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Try clicking on Michaels link and tell me if his quote is found in it.
I did and couldn't see it. Its not in there.

His goal is to slander the CC for his own pathetic agenda. He succeeded.
He is Coming Soon

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#413422 Jan 5, 2013
Only the true Church preaches this:
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413423 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said "no big deal" you jackass, I said it's part of the human condition. Sin will never be eradicated as long as the human race exists. And there are tons of official documents produced over the centuries and 99.99% of them DON'T deal with sexual abuse, so you have no point.
Mike, there were 7 credible accusations in 2011. That's 0.000175% of the priest population.
That IS being accountable.
1% of priests, 10% of priest, or 4% as shown by the John Jay Report -- none of these individual crimes have anything to do with the DECADES-LONG, WORLDWIDE COVER-UP -- by a single institution claiming to be uniquely selected and guided by Jesus.

The point is.......... BUSTED!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 5 min USA-1 38,356
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min Steve III 44,403
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 48 min Ex Lesbian 38,297
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 58 min X Pendable 182,295
Supporting Trump like the fallen angels support... 1 hr Ex Lesbian 28
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 969,982
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr janeebee 18,708
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 104,721
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Ricky F 618,404
More from around the web