Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654090 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#413386 Jan 5, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> True.GOD also gave you enough sense to correct that misspelling.
When a Navajo Indian makes a cradle board he always places some sort of mar or blemish upon it.

He contends that God is the only one that can make anything perfect.

___

There are some here in this forum that would disagree...as they are always flouting their perfection..and the perfections of their Church...

The problem with this is...

The more they attempt to portray and boast of their perfections and that of their Church....the more they reveal their own imperfections and draw attention to the problems and errors of their their churches .

~~~

2Co_10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Those that serve Rome have divided loyalties toward Christ

God demands first place, in the heart of a true Christian.

Mat_4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written,

-->Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Luk_4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written,

Mat_6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

___

Mat_15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
___

Mar_12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

#413387 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Largest sex abuse scandal in history of the world wide universe solar system.
Gee, you'd think it would involve more than 2% of its members then. Something fishy is going on Free. Are you sure you're not just blowing this topic up to make it seem like its worse than what it is? Perhaps you are biased towards the Church due to a clash with your lifestyle?
gotcha
How could 2% of CC priests have cost them so many millions of dollars?
Michael

Canada

#413388 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't follow your reasoning for pasting these links. These are official documents FORBIDDING sexaul abuse and the PUNISHMENTS for doing it. It seems to me that the Church has actually made concerted efforts to make rules AGAINST it. If they never taught against it or said it was ok you might have a point.
The fact that it still happens is really just a result of the human condition. The bible warns against sinning, but Christians still sin. Your issue should be with the Christian faith because people continue to sin.
When a man is charged with raping a woman you just say thats just human condition? No big deal. UNBELIEVABLE!

The canon laws and papal documents and there are MANY! from the 3rd century onward its OBVIOUS the church NEVER got this problem under control or it would have been stopped in 309 AD, or 414 AD or 501 AD, and if you read the top right hand column of this forum catholic priests today in 2013 are still being caught.

Why so many sexual deviants in religious organizations? Why do you make excuses saying its just part of the human condition?

You should be shouting from the rooftops......Where has the accountability been, and how many thousands of victims went to their graves in agony because even their own parents wouldn't believe clergy were capable of harming or covering up these most serious crimes....

STOP MAKING EXCUSES......That just makes you a conspirator.....

Michael

Canada

#413389 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so the rest of the planet gets to attempt a treatment course with offenders, and its called 'standard practice when feeling with offenders in the 20th century'
But when the Catholic Church did it, you call it a cover-up!
You phony bigot. Scram.
Why are you defending DISGUSTING BEHAVIOR by guilty clergy?

Treatment courses! Do they send a man for treatment courses when he rapes a woman? They put him in JAIL!

TREATMENT COURSES!.........UNBELIEVABLE!

Call me all the names you want, when are you going to start calling the guilty clergy SCUMBAGS!

Your afraid to!
Michael

Canada

#413390 Jan 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost $2 -$3 BILLION paid out so far..........and every church attending catholic has paid their share, that insurance companies didn't cover.

The guilty priests never paid. The lieing Bishops never paid, the catholics who molested no one sitting in the pews are PAYING!

.......and they continue to call me names but afraid to attack who really caused this problem in the first place. Their own.

UNBELIEVABLE!
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413391 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so the rest of the planet gets to attempt a treatment course with offenders, and its called 'standard practice when feeling with offenders in the 20th century'
But when the Catholic Church did it, you call it a cover-up!
You phony bigot. Scram.
Serious rationalization...

Now it was somehow "standard practice" to quietly send child rapists to treatment and to COVER-UP the child sex-abuse crime.

Clay keeps confusing a worldwide, institution COVER-UP with other factors, such as the "individual sinners" or "standard treatment" of the abusers.

Clay -- the biggest crime here are not those things.

Clay, the biggest crime here is the (1) worldwide (2) decades-long (3) top-down institutional cover-up.

Without the COVER-UP, the evil would have been confronted decades ago.

Nearly every single diocese in the USA.

85 credibly accused in your town alone.

Not one reported to the police at the time.

God Bless REFORMATION America -- or these crimes would STILL be ongoing and covered-up.

Does that disappoint you? Of course not. So stop the silly rationalization.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#413392 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
If the Church fought every single allegation in court, they'd be broke just from lawyer fees.

The day after the first check was issued there must of been ten thousand new accusations.

All you can do is pray for the false accusers and the Priest they taint. And there have been many many innocent Priest who's lives have been ruined by this. The bigots don't care about them though. They're collateral casualties in the bigots agenda.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#413393 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a report that Mike and his buddy Freemind DON'T want to see;
"According to CARA, here are the numbers of accusations involving a current minor that were even deemed "credible" each year from 2005 to 2011:
Year /# of accusations
2011 7
2010 8
2009 6
2008 10
2007 4
2006 14
2005 9
Meanwhile, according to government numbers, in 2010 alone, there were some 63,527 reported cases of child sexual abuse in the United States – an alarming societal problem that has received scant media attention."
http://www.themediareport.com/fast-facts/
In 2011 there were 7 credible accusations out of roughly 40,000 priests. That's about 0.000175%. It should be zero, but it's certainly well below the average for the secular and protestant communities. Looks like the Church is doing a pretty good job of stopping it.
Thank you for that info.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413394 Jan 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you defending DISGUSTING BEHAVIOR by guilty clergy?
Treatment courses! Do they send a man for treatment courses when he rapes a woman? They put him in JAIL!
TREATMENT COURSES!.........UNBELIEVABLE!
Call me all the names you want, when are you going to start calling the guilty clergy SCUMBAGS!
Your afraid to!
He'll call the actual abusers scumbags -- but he will not call those who facilitated, lied, and covered up the crimes anything except Holy.

Maybe if his own son were abused and the Bishop knew about it and said nothing for years -- then maybe.

Or maybe not. Who knows after that and other posts?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413395 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Church fought every single allegation in court, they'd be broke just from lawyer fees.
The day after the first check was issued there must of been ten thousand new accusations.
All you can do is pray for the false accusers and the Priest they taint. And there have been many many innocent Priest who's lives have been ruined by this. The bigots don't care about them though. They're collateral casualties in the bigots agenda.
WOW!!! Priests are now the victims.

Disgusting.

Maybe there's a place for Clay at the Vatican after Cardinal Law departs this earth?

#413396 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
When a Navajo Indian makes a cradle board he always places some sort of mar or blemish upon it.
___
There are some here in this forum that would disagree...as they are always flouting their perfection..and the perfections of their Church...
The more they attempt to portray and boast of their perfections and that of their Church....the more they reveal their own imperfections and draw attention to the problems and errors of their their churches .
~~~
2Co_10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
Luk_4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written,
___
Mat_15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
___
Mar_12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
~~~
There are days I'd like to be

"All alone."

NOT WITH MARY ... NOR SOME ANCIENT SAINT..

THEY DID NOT BEAR MY SORROWS NOR CARRY MY GRIEF TO CALVARY

JESUS ALONE DID...

A PROXY LOVE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE GROOM AND THE BRIDE

JUST DON'T CUT IT....

"All alone."

On Mount Olive's sacred brow
Jesus spent the night in pray'r,
He's the pattern for us all, all alone,
If we'll only steal away
In some portion of the day,
We will find it always pays to be alone.

Chorus:
All alone with Christ my Lord,
I can tell Him of my troubles all alone.

With the sanctified and blest,
There are times I like to be all alone,
God can always grace impart,
To my weary, sin tossed heart,
There are days I'd like to be just all alone.

Chorus:

There are days to fast and pray
For the pilgrim in his way,
There are days to be with Christ all alone,
We can tell Him all our grief,
He will give us quick relief,
There are days I'd like to be just all alone.

Chorus:

When a heart is broken up
With the tearful, woeful cup,
Then's the time to go to Christ all alone,
In our blessed Lord divine,
There is peace and joy sublime,
When we take our sorrowss all to Him alone.

Chorus:
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413397 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that info.
And devout Communists had Pravda.

So what?

What happened the the RCC's own John Jay Report?

It's now being spun for the ages. "Here are the facts, now forget it."

Very evil, this organization.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#413398 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
___
~~~
___
___
I know why the Navajo did that, that blemish.I try to keep MATTHEW 15:8 in mind.So, I ask myself....if someone pointed a gun at me, and said"say you love CHRIST, and I will pull the trigger",....what would I say?
ASTREFUR

Wenatchee, WA

#413399 Jan 5, 2013
u go ConfrontingWithThwFaithful! so true ;`)
nith

Wenatchee, WA

#413400 Jan 5, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I know why the Navajo did that, that blemish.I try to keep MATTHEW 15:8 in mind.So, I ask myself....if someone pointed a gun at me, and said"say you love CHRIST, and I will pull the trigger",....what would I say?
if someone did that to me, i would say," I can't ever luve Jesus more than he luv me, but i luv Him wholeheartedly " ( it rhymes! i nly noticed xd )
Michael

Canada

#413401 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't follow your reasoning for pasting these links. These are official documents FORBIDDING sexaul abuse and the PUNISHMENTS for doing it. It seems to me that the Church has actually made concerted efforts to make rules AGAINST it. If they never taught against it or said it was ok you might have a point.
The fact that it still happens is really just a result of the human condition. The bible warns against sinning, but Christians still sin. Your issue should be with the Christian faith because people continue to sin.
NEW YORK — Just last year......The Archdiocese of Philadelphia announced yesterday that it had suspended 21 priests from active ministry in connection with accusations that involved sexual abuse or otherwise inappropriate behavior with minors.

.....""ROMAN CATHOLIC DIOCESES FILED BANKRUPTCY""

.....Tucson Diocese emerges from Chapter 11 protection"US Church offers abuse settlement". BBC News. January 5, 2007. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/623... .

..."Iowa Diocese Files For Bankruptcy". CBS News. October 10, 2006. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/10/nat... Iowa: Judge throws out Iowa City Regina priest suitSignOnSanDiego.com > News > Metro -

... S.D. Catholic diocese files for bankruptcy"

...Diocese of Wilmington reluctantly files for bankruptcy". Catholic News Agency. http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php... . Retrieved 29 June 2012."Filing Halts Abuse Trial", Baltimore Sun. 2009-10-20. Retrieved 2010-05-06.Urbina, Ian (October 20, 2009).

...."Delaware Diocese Files for Bankruptcy in Wake of Abuse Suits". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/20/us/20delawa... . Retrieved May 23, 2010.Ramde, Dinesh (January 4, 2011).

...."Milwaukee archdiocese to seek bankruptcy protection in wake of pending sexual-abuse lawsuits". Minneapolis StarTribune. http://www.startribune.com/local/112879704.ht... . Retrieved January 5, 2011.

....In Boston there were 70 priests and ministers who have been sent to prison for sexually assaulting children in 1985 and the numbers have grown since this time and punishable by more severe sentences.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abu...

A terrible history, that people keep defending!
Michael

Canada

#413402 Jan 5, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
He'll call the actual abusers scumbags -- but he will not call those who facilitated, lied, and covered up the crimes anything except Holy.
Maybe if his own son were abused and the Bishop knew about it and said nothing for years -- then maybe.
Or maybe not. Who knows after that and other posts?
These abuse situtations could have ended centuries ago IF ONLY CATHOLICS DIDN'T FEAR STANDING UP AGAINST THEIR BISHOPS........demanding accountability.

They get what they get....
Michael

Canada

#413403 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that info.
Your priorities are ass-backwards.

You should be screaming for accountability, not patting the church on the back because only 9 priests sexually assaulted children in 2009? 9 that we know of! Just the tip of the iceburg.

UNBELIEVABLE!
Michael

Canada

#413404 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No one likes false accusers. Why would the church pay $$ to false accusers? You wouldn't, why would your church?

ITS YOUR MONEY THATS FLYING OUT THE WINDOW.

A lot of priests/bishops who had first hand information about bad clergy and told no one, to protect the church, have RUINED THE GOOD PRIESTS.

#413405 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a second. Did you say ' us born agains can be reasoned' to read the bible the same?
That's a bit of a problem. Truth is truth. It shouldn't be compromised. If you know something is truth, why would somebody be able to reason you away from it?
Are you not familiar with the story of Phillip, who was led by the Spirit to the man reading Isaiah? The man asked how he could understand it unless some man explained it.

Faith comes by hearing the Word of God. Preachers are required to preach the Word, so that people's hearts may be stirred to believe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Toby 106,535
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 5 min emz 729
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 6 min Johnny 811
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 12 min WasteWater 2,585
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 20 min Aerobatty 64,091
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Peace_Warrior 618,741
first time anal 52 min gayleedslad3 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Toby 973,825
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr crucifiedguy 281,877
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 18 hr Clive 80