Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
397,961 - 397,980 of 536,752 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>100% truth.I for one believe that as a believer alcoholic beverages have no place in my home,and never did,both my son and daughter to this day do not dring,and they are in their thirties,happy,have careers,not married yet? Praying on that end if it is the Lord's will soon in their lives.
We as believers have to set the standard,even if the world does not.
sometime, and I hope it never happens to you, but dad was in lots of pain from a tumor fastened onto his heart, and my mon did, in his last day, allow him to drink in our home.

the pain of the cancer along with withdrawal symptoms was more than she could bear. and dad laid there and hardly ever complained, I know that I couldnt bear that pain as he did.

sometimes a person has to do what is right, not what is correct.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it a good money maker, we've got a lot of people to help. FYI, minors aren't allowed to drink beer at any of our festivals.
Chuck, Jesus approved of drinking alcohol in moderation, why do you have a problem with it?
Jesus never approved of drink alcoholic beverages of any kind.
That is a lie, go read the Bible you claim your church gave the world, you might learn something of what Jesus really did say or is that what you are afraid of?? You are afraid to find out your church is really what is written in Rev 17:5.
Clay

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
He is trying to save the RCC.
Michael is? Why on Earth would an Atheist try and save the RCC?
Get real.
He hates them just like you and everybody else....Their teachings conflict with your lifestyles, you wanna make em go away.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"Leave it all at the cross Regina. When we try to do things on our own we'll fail everytime."
I couldn't agree with you more, Charles. That's very Catholic of you!
However, if you drink again, you'll be in trouble. You know it and I know it. Christ did not remove that from you. What He does do, if you let Him, is help you to not take another drink. To live with this particular cross in a way that is beneficial to you and not bring you harm, i.e. not drink. Therein lies the difference. I wish you well, Charles.
Your above post is a real revelation of just how powerful you believe God really is...

The Bible says...

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

You evidently do not believe that The blood of Jesus can cleanse us from the unrighteousness of alcoholism.

If you have no faith in the Blood of Jesus, to do what the Bible says it will do, when applied.

WHY DO YOU BOTHER GOING THROUGH YOUR RITUALS anyway?

or are we to understand that the whole religious system is only a ritual?

So far I have concluded from my being on this forum...

that you do not have any secure promise of eternal life in following your calisthenics.. Now I find that you don't HAVE ANY HOPE IN DELIVERANCE..

Question

JUST WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?

JUST WHAT KIND OF GOD DO YOU BELIEVE THAT oUR HEAVENLY FATHER IS?

IF HE CAN'T KEEP HIS WORD WHY DO YOU CALL HIM GOD?
Clay

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You are saying the church is too big to fail?
Millions said that about many american steel/textile companies just a few years ago?
......and what exactly is it the holy spirit does? Changes peoples minds?(lol)!
If you believe the holy spirit is just one of three components of God, why don't you just say God instead of the holy spirit?
.....now remember don't blame me if the church one day does go south. I know you would love to put all the blame and burden on me.
Catholics are angry at their church leaders, priests are angry with their church leaders..........its not my fault.(lol)
Replying to your top line first...I did not say the Church is too big to fail. That's absurd.

If they would have failed in the past, it would have been 2,000 yrs ago when they crucified its founder and killed all His Apostles (except John).
Then, they killed all the people they ordained - including Clement of Rome and Ignatius of Antioch.
THEN, they killed all the people THEY ordained.

In fact they martyrd nearly every single Pope until Constantine legalized Christianity.

Emperor Decius beheaded Pope Fabian in the middle 2nd century and declared "I would far rather hear of a rival to my thrown then another Bishop of Rome (Pope)."

The Catholic Churchs survival to this day is a miracle in itself Mike. It doesn't matter how many people are in it. As long as they heard the Gospel and made a conscience decision to walk away, its on them...not the Church.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Your above post is a real revelation of just how powerful you believe God really is...
The Bible says...
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
You evidently do not believe that The blood of Jesus can cleanse us from the unrighteousness of alcoholism.
If you have no faith in the Blood of Jesus, to do what the Bible says it will do, when applied.
WHY DO YOU BOTHER GOING THROUGH YOUR RITUALS anyway?
or are we to understand that the whole religious system is only a ritual?
So far I have concluded from my being on this forum...
that you do not have any secure promise of eternal life in following your calisthenics.. Now I find that you don't HAVE ANY HOPE IN DELIVERANCE..
Question
JUST WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?
JUST WHAT KIND OF GOD DO YOU BELIEVE THAT oUR HEAVENLY FATHER IS?
IF HE CAN'T KEEP HIS WORD WHY DO YOU CALL HIM GOD?
~~~

Could some Roman Catholic tell me ...

For what purpose ...(do you Roman Catholics believe.)..Did Jesus come to the earth?

for what purpose did He live and die and ascend...
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Tonuy,I do love cheeseburgers,but limit them to one every couple of months if even that. And I never put any condiments on them either.
By the way I am reading the other article or site you offered me,much reading,so it will take a while to absorb most of it.Have a good day!
Thanks Dan, read the Summa Theologica, it's sublime.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries Mike. The Holy Spirit will see the Church through any difficult time this world can throw at them. Today, there is a Priest shortage due to lack of interest. 200 yrs ago in Europe, there was a Priest shortage due to England rounding them up and killing em.
Guess what, it didn't work. We're still here. Christ promised to be with His Church til the end and He wasn't joking. The seminary in the twin cities was full again this year...amazing.
CLAY says......

...No worries Mike. The Holy Spirit will see the Church through any difficult time this world can throw at them.

MICHAEL says......where was the holy spirit every time a child was buggered? Where was the holy spirit everytime a priest or bishop lied and covered up for crimes committed by other priests?

If catholics were not indoctrinated in huge numbers into the church from infancy, your church would have folded centuries ago. Nothing to do with holy spirit. You should owe all the thanks to catholic families who incorporated their children into the faith from infancy, however this last generation is seeing more indoctrinated catholics abandoning the church when becoming adults.

More catholics quit or die each year than catholics who actually join the church on their own. Do the math.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again my question was is there a chance that a child attending a catholic festivals who sees adults drinking become an under age drinker themselves?
Yes or No will do...
last time I checked...alcohol has killed ALOT more teenagers than cheeseburgers wouldn't you say Tony.
Actually, my parents were immigrants from Eastern Europe and Greece. The culture is quite different and as such, we were raised to not see alcohol as evil, but just one of many things that when taken in excess can be dangerous.

Yes, there's a chance, but being raised in a good environment is much more important. The idea that we would condemn people, like so many of the fundamentalists, for drinking alcohol in moderation when Jesus approved if it is ridiculous.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
That is bullshit. jesus said that he came to fulfill the prophecy. How does one fulfill a law? One does not. One either abides by the law or breaks it. One can fulfill a prophecy, but you cannot fulfill a law.
Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Think about how stupid you sound. "Jesus didn't change the O.T. laws, he observed them perfectly as a Jew, thus fulfilled them." Your god made these laws, that he knew that no one but jesus could 'fulfill'? Does that make any sense?
You god made these horrible laws, but he only meant them for a very small group of people. Really? You buy that?
TBS

Sorry TBS. It may seem hard to believe. Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets..., just as you quote in Matthew 5:17

Perhaps you just don't know that Jesus is God? And is man?
Not a demigod, or half and half....

Law is for the common good. The Jews were chosen to be a nation of God on this earth. Why? I don't know. I speculate that they have proven that God is Faithful, while people are not, yet hopeful....

You seem to think that God made horrible laws...? In other words that would make God horrible, or that the law is bad.

It would seem you are thinking of the past when the laws for the nation of Israel were set up, and performed, that "our" laws are superior, or Israel's were inferior in some way.

You may be faulty in a hasty conclusion. It is in your presumption which cherry picks a few laws out of the O.T.(that you don't like), which in fact are for the covenant of God with Israel, and not God with all peoples.

Nations come and go, empires, and kingdoms on this earth as well. Israel is still around, gathered out of the people of the earth. Like I said, you are hasty....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
For what purpose ...(do you Roman Catholics believe.)..Did Jesus come to the earth?
If there was a Jesus he died ONLY because a group of people were given the choice of killing him or barabas..........the bible tells you this. The story claims he had to piss off his own religious leaders and get them so angry they wanted him dead. What God would orchestrate such a thought?

If the FREE WILL crowd had screamed barabas instead of Jesus, remember the crowd had a choice, how would christianity have ever started?

Its all baloney.

They are all just stories to add drama.

Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
But it could make some stumble, "It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything else if it might cause another believer to stumble."
Jesus drank wine, He gave it to His disciples, He supplied gallons of it for the wedding guests. Was He causing them to stumble?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never approved of drink alcoholic beverages of any kind.
That is a lie, go read the Bible you claim your church gave the world, you might learn something of what Jesus really did say or is that what you are afraid of?? You are afraid to find out your church is really what is written in Rev 17:5.
Jesus first miracle recorded was when he turned water into wine at a wedding. Jesus drank wine. The Bible does not say not to drink alcohol what it says: not to be getting drunk.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

The purpose for which Jesus came was to seek and to save that which was/is lost..

He stated His purpose at Nazareth..

He read..

Isa 61:1
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me;

because the LORD hath anointed me

1.to preach good tidings unto the meek;

2.he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,

3.to proclaim liberty to the captives, and

4.the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Isa 61:2

5.To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,

6,and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Isa 61:3

7. To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion,

A.to give unto them beauty for ashes,

B.the oil of joy for mourning,

C.the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;

D.that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD,

E.that he might be glorified.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Replying to your top line first...I did not say the Church is too big to fail. That's absurd.
If they would have failed in the past, it would have been 2,000 yrs ago when they crucified its founder and killed all His Apostles (except John).
Then, they killed all the people they ordained - including Clement of Rome and Ignatius of Antioch.
THEN, they killed all the people THEY ordained.
In fact they martyrd nearly every single Pope until Constantine legalized Christianity.
Emperor Decius beheaded Pope Fabian in the middle 2nd century and declared "I would far rather hear of a rival to my thrown then another Bishop of Rome (Pope)."
The Catholic Churchs survival to this day is a miracle in itself Mike. It doesn't matter how many people are in it. As long as they heard the Gospel and made a conscience decision to walk away, its on them...not the Church.
You are damn right its a miracle! Without people there is no church. Without mega groups of babies being born into the faith to become ONLY what mom and dad want them to become, the church services would be held in telephone booths. The church has survived soley based on huge numbers of INDOCTRINATIONS over the centuries.

I stated before, more catholics die or quit the church in a year than catholics who actually join on. Without indoctrinations the church would be a mere shell of itself.........and that is the TRUTH.

Clay

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
He came to this Earth to establish a Church that would completely mess up His teachings. But He somehow persuaded them to compile a Bible that would secretly be his real ministry...unfortunately, everyone still had no clue to what He wanted...so Our Lord waited patiently til the year 1450 AD until the Bible could be printed and read by the laity. But these folks were still to Catholic...So He waited for another couple hundred yrs until finally...someone could figure out John 3:3. After these 'born agains' emerged and changed all earlier teachings, Christ finally had the truth revealed.

To answer your second question: He lived, died and ascended for the 3% of this world who call themselves born agains.. the rest of us are doomed. Including the Hmong in the mountains of Laos who never even heard of Jesus Christ.,

I answered your question now you answer mine.

Who do you think Christ was talking about when He said "Many false prophets will appear and deceive many people".
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop trying to put words in my mouth, I don't think its alright for anyone to drink booze Regina,
So what your saying when God deliver's a person he really isn't delivered.. where is your faith in Gods ablity to do all things.
Jesus took all sin to the cross 2000 years ago so in fact Chuck was delivered 2000 years ago, chuck had to make the choice to let go of the sin and do it no more.
To drink strong drink is a sin not a disease Regina, like murder, and lust, and adultery.
Its not a sin to drink in moderation. What is a sin is getting drunk beating up your neighbor and getting a DUI. The apostles drank wine.

Do you have this scrtipture in your Bible? Timothy 5:23 Do not drink water any longer, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent cases of sickness.

If drinking was a sin why would Jesus turn water into wine and drink wine?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
He is trying to save the RCC.
They are just not getting it.

I leave them hints all over the frickken place and they don't catch on. None of them.

We are here to help.

How many times have we stated get rid of the bad clergy? They respond by defending them and calling us names.

How many times have we stated the lieing/coverup artist bishops should be punished or removed. Catholics say leave them alone.

We can't help them if they are going to all stick their heads in the sand and remain SILENT!

I just don't get it!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
Sorry TBS. It may seem hard to believe. Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets..., just as you quote in Matthew 5:17
Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Read it slower or maybe have someone read it and explain it to you.

"Till heaven and earth pass", have they? No.

A law cannot be fulfilled.

Prophecy can.

"one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." If all is fulfilled, then there is no second coming. All is fulfilled.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
confrint

God's graces to you, and peace.

Your first question is that Jesus came to earth to be like men in all things, except for sin.

Your second question is like the first. He lived to be like all men. He died in obedience to the Will of the Father, that He might draw all men to the Father. In doing so he destroyed death for man, as the Perfect Sacrifice for man's transgressions of the law. He ascended to the Father, that the Father and Son might send the Holy Spirit to guide man into all holiness, and ultimately into the Presence of God known as the Beatific Vision....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

305 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 7 min Falcon 646
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min ChristineM 225,514
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 38 min Johnny 524
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min MUQ1 259,009
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr shyam 854
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr curiouslu 729,208
Lesbian Hookup in Capetown 1 hr Sarajean 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr NFL Fanny 117,682
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr UIdiotRaceMakeWor... 172,884