Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,898)

Showing posts 397,941 - 397,960 of511,923
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
So ... how do you reconcile that .. with the Lord's express command ...in Matthew 26:27-28?
Jesus said "Do this."
We do it.
Rob
A difference in interpretation and faith.

Jesus said to do things you do NOT do today.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Chuck!
I recall your telling us that you're an alcoholic, correct?
was an alcoholic.

and please spare me the speech about moderation if that what you were doing. It is absolutely dangerous to expose children to alcohol and that is exactly what the catholic church does. Children do as adults do...not as they say.

I have a friend just yesterday call me who is a catholic and drinks. He works these festivals and he's shocked as to why his 16year old son has started to drink. Gee...I don't know....maybe you folks show him how.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Distorting, manipulating, twisting and misrepresenting the "truth" is just the same as lying, Michael, which you and other atheists, agnostics and bible only Protestants have become "experts" at accomplishing in your "blatant attacks" against Jesus Christ and His (historically and biblically proven) One True Apostolic Catholic Church.---"judge not lest you be judged----ALSO---condemn not lest you be condemned"
DOUBLE BUSTED
HOJO my good friend, why so much anger?

Its obvious you are still using your same old TEMPLATE of dribble you say everytime you post.

Haven't you got any new material.(lol)
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Michael wrote:
.....Everyone remembers Cardinal Bernard Law of the Arch-diocese of Boston, whose soft-glove treatment of pedophiles ignited the Boston scandal. Cost the archdiocese of Boston $650 MILLION in lawsuits. Thankyou parishioners for your financial support.
Cardinal Law was disgraced and resigned as archbishop in 2002.
In 2004 Cardinal Law was summoned to Rome by the Pope and later in 2004 he was named pastor of a great Roman basilica, Santa Maria Maggiore, with a $10,000 per month salary and a highly influential role in choosing new American bishops.
.....and Catholics accept this joy.
No one gives a damn about the innocent victims and their families. DISGUSTING!
and.... UNBELIEVABLE!
From the RCC's deeds, one must conclude that the Vatican believes Jesus would do the same for one of His Apostles, who happened to facilitate the rape of children who came to Him.

Absurd.

How can anyone claim Jesus guided His earthly vicar to honor and reward an Apostle who facilitated the rape of over 100 children?

Nope, Law was rewarded for his silence and for leaving his home country (forever likely) to avoid being subpoenaed to testify.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a chance that a child at a catholic festival would see adults drinking and think maybe he/she would like to try it?
Sure there is...and is it worth it to stop serving beer to keep that from happening...nope. Church makes too much money.
I don't know if you know this but anytime someone is exposed to alcohol they could become addicted to it.
Eating too many cheeseburgers is gonna kill you too. I've seen lots of chubby kids that will suffer later in life because of their parents. It's called 'moderation'. Jesus taught moderation. Jesus drank alcohol, and He approved of it.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>how u, what? pervert.
No telling LIES Preston!
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Churches built from the most expensive granite available, precious oak panelling, carved wooden statues from Italy, priceless gold chalices, plush carpeting, the doors locked 155 hours a week, and just down the street poor people living in cardboard boxes in the alley ways.
Is that what Jesus is all about? Is that what we are all about?
I believe if there was a Jesus he would have left the church centuries ago. Why wouldn't he, the church today does not represent what the bible says about him 2,000 years ago.
Jesus was represented as the poorest of the poor. The catholic church today worldwide is the MOST influencial financial real/estate owning empire on the planet.
UNBELIEVABLE!
Agreed. It seems obvious to most of humanity.

Again...

Jesus did NOT want a Jesus palace -- adorned with stolen gold, mined by slaves -- all paid for through FRAUD.

Jesus did NOT teach that a religion should own a bank, or use "diplomatic immunity" to avoid accountability.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget that the Church is also the largest charitable organization in the history of the planet. Doing more everyday for the poor than any other group?
What does Michael do?
Well, he's back on Topix after a few days...so apparently he paid his internet bill. Now, instead of feeding the poor in his city, he gets on Topix and trashes the people who do!!
unbelievable.
So what? Hitler rebuilt Germany after WW1. Does that absolve him from crimes against humanity?

The RCC does many good works. Does that mean that other churches are not true?

You are spinning like a top on steroids.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Pad" Continued the Communion of the believers for Kay Marie.

I am belessed by every conversion,and most of all the change in human lives by Christ,and that is very important,and we could agree that nothing outweighs the reality of changed lives by Christ,as it is all about conversion to HIM.
But I also see a need for a sharing of Christ in the assembly of believers for the Sacrament of Holy Communion,which in the case of many evangelicals is not even observed with a sacredness.
There are so many things,but I believe and have always believed that the bread and wine at Communion are spiritually discerned unto His death,and we are bound as believers to retain that,But presently the Sacrament is on a shelf in many churches,and the time to obwerve it is a few minutes to say the least,I believe the Lord will confront us with that attitude toward His command to share communion in memorial to His death.
You say it is a
I understand your concern, Pad, but let me assure you that we do not take the communion lightly. It is a time of reverence and gratitude for what He has done.
It is true that many of the Protestant churches that have denied the move of the Holy Ghost TODAY, have become cold. But those are generally social clubs.
Many, like yourself, are born again, and the communion reminds us of how we have received life from Him.
Be blessed...
KayMarie
Thank you KayMarie,but even in and especially in so called(Full Gospel) churches Communion is an added feature,not given the reverance and sacrdness it deserves.But i am determined to remain with the Lord,as many in these times will fall away,including those who claim every spiritual gift under the sun.We are seeing the beginning of the falling away in our churches,and all around us.It is a warning not to let our hearts and minds to join into the pollution of relativism, and free market Christianity.

We believers are WARNED,and it is to us that the Word states that there will be a great falling away.The non-Christians do not have to be warned,although many of them may come to faith realizing their own emptiness and shallowness of life.But we believers are in greater peril,as the LORD warns us no others that many of us WILL fall away. I believe all who love and serve Him face this challenge regardless of AFFILIATION>.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

If the RCC is correct...

Cardinal Law is spiritually superior than George Washington, John Adams, and Abe Lincoln.

Nope, they are NOT correct.

marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Jesus did not serve fermented "fruit of the vine " in his communion.
Jesus always acted in a way that was consistent with the word of God....
The word's of the Old testament is..
Pro 20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
The new testament says...
Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
I am convinced that wine was not used for communion but grape juice, as per Romans 14 wine might make some stumble.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>My wife's cousin is a priest and an alcoholic,so many priests have been hidden away from the public eye because they became alcoholics,what do you say to this problem that has plagued the Catholic Church for centuries?
I remember in the early grades, every 2 weeks we were TAKEN over to our church for confession. They brought in a couple priests from other parishes to lighten the load of the parish priests. They set up makeshift confessionals right in the church near the front. One priest Father Ford always smelled of stale liquor..........and he was hearing my! confession! and I am telling him what I was doing wrong!(LOL) UNBELIEVABLE!

I am sure he was hidden away.

Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Eating too many cheeseburgers is gonna kill you too. I've seen lots of chubby kids that will suffer later in life because of their parents. It's called 'moderation'. Jesus taught moderation. Jesus drank alcohol, and He approved of it.
Tonuy,I do love cheeseburgers,but limit them to one every couple of months if even that. And I never put any condiments on them either.

By the way I am reading the other article or site you offered me,much reading,so it will take a while to absorb most of it.Have a good day!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>HYPOCRITE????
SEE i KNEW THAT YOU WOULD COME BACK WITH SOME IGNORANT COMMENT.
I was disputing with reggie et al, long before you ever found this forum, yet there is a BIG difference between me and some of you other characters.
I DONT STOOP TO LYING!!
see that!!!
I DONT STOOP TO LYING!!!
I have said that I have only been in one catholic church and that was enough for me. I couldnt stand the smell of all of those candles.
the fact remains that km was caughtin her own web of deceitfulness and they called her on it, SO IF YOU HAVE BEEN IN CATHOLIC SERVICES, YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED HER ON IT 2,
instead of backing her up like you are doing and as you done with the false prophet orville.
DONT YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU BACK UP A LIAR, YOU ARE AS GUILTY AS THAT LIAR?
would you back up a person that set a house on fire and killed some little children?
the average person wouldnt and a Christian SHOULDNT.
yet people like you back up a person with a lying tongue, and the bible is very clear as to the danger that is caused by that evil tongue.
that evil tongue has killed more people that all the arsonists that have ever lived.
and FYI, God gave me that a few hours ago. and now I know why.
I hope you read what you just posted to me Preston, The only person on here that is vile and lying is you.
Why don't you come forward and tell the catholic's about their church, the evil vile thing that it is.
When you love people you tell them the truth.
You are a creation of God's just as Regina is I tell you truth not compromise to gain a friend.
You are doing a great injustice to Regina Preston.
I haven't lied to you Preston you apologized to me and I excepted it, but it came with a price, if I hadn't have said anything to you about the way you talked to KM, Confrint, and Orvile and some others on here, I would have agreed with you against them, which I do not.
People usually have more then one friend Preston and if you are mature enough you would realized it doesn't mean I still can't be friends with you.
God has many children Preston and we don't all agree about a lot of things but that doesn't mean God stops loving us.
You are wrong on so many accounts, as a pastor you should be ashamed of the example you have show on here as a representive of God,( as some one anointed to preach Gods word).
I see no fruits in you Preston, I see no gifts except to bring forth strive and discord. Maybe you just forgot that
Matthew 5:43-46 was in the Bible.

May God be Praised and Glorified always and let your pride be as dust in the wind Preston , this is a New Year if you are anointed of God to preach His word then do so let all malice and strive leave you. Forgive and forget what happened in 2012 , today is the day of salvation [Let you Light shine before men in such away that they may see your good works, and Glorify your Father which is in Heaven. I know you know what Matthew 5:13 says .
Today is a new day Preston, Gods Grace and Mercy is fresh and new every day, let's honor Him , Jesus said if He be left up He would draw all men onto Him. I PRAY FOR A FRESH ANONTING OF GOD TODAY ON ALL GODS CHILDREN ON THIS THREAD, I PRAY FOR A HEALING IN THE BODY OF CHRIST, I PRAY FOR HEAL FOR ALL AILMENTS OF THE BODY MIND AND SOUL, I PRAY THE CHRIST JESUS PUTS HIS HEALING TOUCH ON ALL WITH CANCER, HEART TROUBLES , AND CRIPPLES DECEASES, I PRAY GOD WILL REMOVE ALL MALICE AND STRIVE FROM THIS THREAD, I PRAY THE BODY OF CHRIST WILL COME TOGETHER IN HIS HOLY NAME AND GLORIFY OUR HEAVENLY FATHER FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW. GOD BE PRAISE IN JESUS NAME AMEN. THAT IS WHAT GOD GAVE ME FOR YOU, AND ME, AND ALL ON HERE THIS DAY . PEACE IN CHRIST.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Again my question was is there a chance that a child attending a catholic festivals who sees adults drinking become an under age drinker themselves?

Yes or No will do...

last time I checked...alcohol has killed ALOT more teenagers than cheeseburgers wouldn't you say Tony.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
But it could make some stumble, "It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything else if it might cause another believer to stumble."
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. It seems obvious to most of humanity.
Again...
Jesus did NOT want a Jesus palace -- adorned with stolen gold, mined by slaves -- all paid for through FRAUD.
Jesus did NOT teach that a religion should own a bank, or use "diplomatic immunity" to avoid accountability.
I will bet early every morning the pope, gets a print out of the churches finances/investments. He is probably googling the price of GOLD right this minute.$1678 per ounce, down $7.10 from yesterdays close. DAMN he says to himself.

Its all about power and money. The religious part is just window dressing to keep the followers coming.

The sad part is they don't know that.

Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
was an alcoholic.
and please spare me the speech about moderation if that what you were doing. It is absolutely dangerous to expose children to alcohol and that is exactly what the catholic church does. Children do as adults do...not as they say.
I have a friend just yesterday call me who is a catholic and drinks. He works these festivals and he's shocked as to why his 16year old son has started to drink. Gee...I don't know....maybe you folks show him how.
I worked in a Alcoholism treatment center for two years,and believe me you know what you are talking about.Many of the alcoholics come from backgrounds where they drank freely in the homes,all different religious persuasions.Kids do learn from their parents.

My wife's one cousin's husband worked for budweiser,and he brought many bottles home to his house,all percs of course,and one son of his out of three is totally bound to the bottle,HOOK,LINE,and Sinker.That poor guy can't enjoy any event without a bottle in his mouth,and his father wonders why he is an alcoholic?

Alcoholism is a reproach to any family,and person who is entangled by it!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So you feel it's appropriate to call the mass a "mess", but take offense when you're called a mess.
Not only are you two ignorant bigots, but hypocrites as well.
.....Anthony says in his best CHRISTIAN voice to another CHRISTIAN.

...Not only are you two ignorant bigots, but hypocrites as well.

Michael says..Just before Christmas you wished them both a merry christmas! Just like I said, and right on time, a few days after christmas Anthony will be right back to his hateful ways....

.......You wonder why I opted out of organized religion?

UNBELIEVABLE!

UNBELIEVABLE!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember in the early grades, every 2 weeks we were TAKEN over to our church for confession. They brought in a couple priests from other parishes to lighten the load of the parish priests. They set up makeshift confessionals right in the church near the front. One priest Father Ford always smelled of stale liquor..........and he was hearing my! confession! and I am telling him what I was doing wrong!(LOL) UNBELIEVABLE!
I am sure he was hidden away.
Would be interesting to hear father Dye's comment on such if he will respond to my question.I am not being difficult with him either,he is a priest and it must bother him.We have to be understanding with his response,and concerns.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 397,941 - 397,960 of511,923
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

509 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min No Shiite 216,706
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min Double Fine 679,817
Ray Nunez PMG Studios Designer for Jordin Spark... 54 min Ripped Off Too 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 596,488
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr petesake 109,515
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr Mandela 36,079
gay snapchat 1 hr Horny 3
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 89,507
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 2 hr dragonrunner 232