Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#412989 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Alcohol in and of itself is not an addictive substance. If it were, everyone who drank would be an alcoholic.
Many cultures, Europeans for instance, introduce wine to their children at a very young age since it's often served at meals. I don't believe they have a higher rate of alcoholism than anyone else. The forbidden is always attractive especially to teenagers. Teaching them responsibility is more effective than pretending alcohol doesn't exist. Demonizing it will only make them desire it all the more. In those circumstances the chance for abuse becomes higher.
You and Tony are having a tough time answering my uestion

Again my question was is there a chance that a child attending a catholic festivals who sees adults drinking become an under age drinker themselves?
Yes or No will do...
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#412990 Jan 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you crush this man with such tommyrot?(Same reason that you crush others.
He is not an alcoholic.
The man is addicted to alcohol. He will never be able to drink again. He is an alcoholic.

Why are you enabling him? It could lead to his destruction. Everyday he must choose not to drink. You are telling him it's all right because he's not an alcoholic. It is you who are crushing him, not I.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412991 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
true, my head spins in circles when talking with you. I never understand your points. You repeat them 30 plus times a day and I still do not understand what parallels you're trying to draw.
I know you hate the Church. And that is first and foremost on your mind whenever you post. But half the time you make no fricken sense. One true one true one true..child abuse child abuse child abuse Eucharistic miracles Blah Blah.
eh, the Cathedral of Saint Paul opens up its doors every winter to the Homeless in the twin cities. While I'll be feeding them during my shift in the coming weeks- you'll be spreading trash about this Church along with Michael. You'll be shoving Cheetoes in your mouth and mocking Catholics.
So I ask you...what do you do for the less fortunate in your neighborhood?
That's what I thought, free. Nothing.
Oh my, I hear the bells toll (not).

Can't you be a good person and good Christian -- without claiming your church's moral superiority to 99% of America's Founders?

You are posting under this topic -- and I am here to refute the absurd claim.

I defend children.

I defend Jesus.

I defend Mary.

I defend America.

I defend America's founders.

You persecute me with lies for doing so.

You can't fool us. You are probably going out to beat up nuns on Vatican orders.
Clay

United States

#412992 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope is in CHARGE of all the cardinals and bishops. He is the top banana, the CEO of the catholic church, and NO ONE CAN QUESTION HIM.....EVER@ and he CAN'T ever be thrown out of office, or lose his title no matter how bad he @#CKS UP!
I am sure the Pope lacks nothing. I don't have a butler, maid, speech writer, or car driver, or swiss army guards watching for my safety.
Power, is what drives most leaders......wealth just comes with the title.
I am sure that Donald Trump, Bill Gates or Warren Buffet could never spend the BILLIONS they have, but having it gives them the ultimate power of control and arrogance that no one else can have.
I didn't realize you were so passionate about this.

I assume then, you sold your material things and gave to the poor? lol.
Of course you didn't and you never will. Hypocrite!

But don't worry Michael, we Catholics will take care of our fellow man...you just sit right there in your recliner chair and trash Catholics all day!
loser.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#412993 Jan 3, 2013
Continued: Regina Born-Again.

Bishop Sheen often alluded to that awakening in the soul in his teachings,whether he limited it to a n infant baptism initiation of sorts,I am not aware,but he knew personally what it was to be born again,and I doubt that he would allude to it if every Catholic was convinced in their soul that such awakened them as well.

It is not an experience that isolates to Protestant or Catholic or Orthodoxy,but to the soul which is called by God to KNOW His Son.Repentance is required,and a believing,and faith,but the Spirit brings about the rebirth,and it is not physical,nor emeshed in the flesh,but Spiritual life,and the beginning of the Eternal life with Christ.

Does it require discipline in KEEPING it stirred up and alive,YES,and most of all it needs the Baptism of fire from the Holy Spirit,later to bring the same soul to the needed MATURITY,God calls us to to serve Him.He does not send a Baby t o do a Man's or woman's work.

Regina,the born-again life requires us to enter into HIM,and that is a life of Jesus,living,Jesus'suffering,J esus crucified,Jesus Died,and finally Jesus resurrected,and IN HIM we live and have our being.NOT possible without being born-again.

Trash the idea that it is some Protestant concoction,it is not,it is the beginning of the rest of your life in Christ.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412994 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
...lol. Again, half the time we don't know what you're talking about or the parallel you're trying to make.
I need to sit down now. My head is spinning.
Stop running away. These are the teachings and in fact, actions of your church.

Cardinal Law good.

Heretics like Lincoln bad.

So Lincoln is murdered, while Law is coddled.

Shame on the RCC.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#412995 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
So REGINA M. the knower of all that is alcohol, you have informed us about your expertise about Chuck, so what advice do you have for Father Dye?
Fr. Dye seems to be doing just fine as he takes his disease seriously. He doesn't use it to attack others, he takes responsibility for his actions.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#412996 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the catholic church have to worry about wine at communion? Catholics believe the wine turns into the Blood of Jesus.
Nothing to worry about at all.
~~~

Jesus did not serve fomented wine in the upper Room..

FACT IS HE DID NOT CALL IT WINE

His words were

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mat 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this -->fruit of the vine,<<---

until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

The blood of grapes was symbolic of the Blood of Jesus.

NOTE
WHAT JESUS SAID WAS RECORDED IN THREE OF THE FOUR GOSPELS

Mat_26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this -->fruit of the vine,<-- until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Mar_14:25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the
--> fruit of the vine,<--- until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

Luk_22:18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of -->the fruit of the vine,<-- until the kingdom of God shall come.

==>JESUS REFERRED TO HIMSELF AS THE VINE IN

Joh_15:4 ==> Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

AND HE MADE IT MORE SPECIFIC IN..SAID HE IS THE VINE..

Joh_15:5 ==>I am the vine, ye are the branches:<== He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:

for without me ye can do nothing.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412997 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
........and former Cardinal Law gets paid $10,000 a month, plus perks.6884
Who said clergy aren't well paid?
I am coming back as a priest in my next life.
....... Don't have to worry about a nagging wife or changing dirty bratty kids diapers,..... a salary, benefits, health plan, pension, thousands in stipends, no heavy lifting, never go on strike, get buried in select plot in the catholic cemetery.
Look what we are missing?(lol)
That works out to $10 per month for every child-rape that he cover-up..

The RCC couldn't pay me enough. I prefer to protect young boys from the likes of Law and his crew.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#412998 Jan 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again my question was is there a chance that a child attending a catholic festivals who sees adults drinking become an under age drinker themselves?
Yes or No will do...
No.

Your premise is illogical. It's a straw man.
Clay

United States

#412999 Jan 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes or No will do...
There are other factors then just seeing someone drink a beer..
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#413000 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
The man is addicted to alcohol. He will never be able to drink again. He is an alcoholic.
Why are you enabling him? It could lead to his destruction. Everyday he must choose not to drink. You are telling him it's all right because he's not an alcoholic. It is you who are crushing him, not I.
So Christ did not take alcohol away from me 14 years ago...I'm still an alcoholic...huh

I thought the power of Christ was enough...Regina says no. It is no longer I who lives but Christ lives through me and that is why it is no longer a struggle.

Leave it all at the cross Regina. When we try to do things on our own we'll fail everytime.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#413001 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"We need concrete acts to counteract habits. Because our sorrow for sin is sometimes imperfect (though adequate), we do penance. Because Christ joins our penances to His own perfect act of satisfaction for our sins and offers them for us to the Father, we do penances. Because we receive something, yes, ineffable, through no merit of our own we do penances in reparation for our faults and in gratitude for the pardon we have been given."
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2011/09/quaeritur-am-i...
ReginaM
Peace

I consider devotions as an act of reparation and part of piety....

It would seem there is a wide overlap between penance and devotions. Where I think once devotions were not popular, they seem to be on the rise. Our diocese emphasized the Angelus for this past Advent season.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#413002 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
There are other factors then just seeing someone drink a beer..
Is one of the factors a child seeing an adult drink a beer having a good time and say to themselves , that looks fun I may try that.

you people are blind

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#413003 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems he has been 'choosing not to drink' for some time. You tell him that his is a hopeless case.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413004 Jan 3, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Its nice that we have the free will to disagree with each other,ask yourself the question Michael,What would the Pope have need in his way of life with the gold you claim he is evaluating?
I find your comment lacking reality.Pope Benedict I highly doubt is in it for power and money.He can't spend it anyway,nor does he have the full power to rule over anything personally,as he must share all with the Cardinals and Bishops,of which there are thousands of them world-wide,so how is he in lust and greed for power and money?
I do not believe this pope or the previous one were or are greedy for materialism.Look at their age besides,and the fraility of their person,not hardly an opportunity to enjoy massive possession of wealth,nor able to laud over people with unrealistic bents on power.
Come on Michael,you are more likely to end up bound to greed and lust for power than they are.
...Every dollar around the world that catholics put into the collection baskets a small amount is siphoned off and sent to the vatican (POPE) and is called Peters Pence.

Why would this need to be done when I have shown you the BILLIONS the vatican already has invested around the world?

During the past 10 years at least 8 roman catholic dioceses in AMERICA have filed bankruptcy.

http://ncronline.org/news/accountability/milw...

GOOGLE catholic church bankruptcy..........learn all about the financial hardships of the catholic churches of america.

Each diocese is an entity of their own. Dioceses don't help each other,(not like unions do) and no financial help comes at all from the vatican. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!

Isn't that nice?

Money only flows INTO the vatican bank, it doesn't go out to help any churches in financial need.

Are you OK with that? UNBELIEVABLE!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#413005 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked in one also, Dan. Everyone who drinks does not become an alcoholic. I'm afraid Chuck is misinformed. He is and always will be an alcoholic. He prefers to believe what makes him feel better, than what actually is. That's dangerous for one who has such a problem.
Very true,the body's chemical dependence weighs in big here.But also Regina,the abuse of drinking is more often the case,than whether or not a person has alcoholic symptoms in their chemical physiology.Many develop alcoholism because of abusing it to begin with.The physiology of our body can only take so much of the substance before the liver and pancreas especially adequately filters out the toxins that come from the substance.

I agree with you of course! I don't know whether Chuck is trying to pinpoint substance abuse to a general public,or Catholics. Subsequently all societies and groups are guilty of some form of abusive behavior with:drugs,alcohol,tobacco and whatever else enslaves our physical body from abuse thereof.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#413006 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Your premise is illogical. It's a straw man.
lol....you must booze it up in front of your kids.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413007 Jan 3, 2013
At least 8 Roman Catholic dioceses in AMERICA have filed for bankruptcy during the past 10 years.

http://ncronline.org/news/accountability/milw...

Where is the help from the wealthy vatican bank?

Where is the help from other dioceses?

You are on your own.

So much for brotherly love.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413008 Jan 3, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
That works out to $10 per month for every child-rape that he cover-up..
The RCC couldn't pay me enough. I prefer to protect young boys from the likes of Law and his crew.
Cardinal Law created a huge mess in his own diocese of Boston. Cost the followers millions, and the agony and pain felt by victims and their families and what does the pope do?

....... Moves him to Rome, gives Cardinal Law a Plum position with $120,000 salary and benefits a year, and all is forgotten about the victims and their broken families back in america.

Your catholic church at work!

UNBELIEVABLE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min RainbowLength 828,511
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 7 min WasteWater 5,792
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min Liam 40,143
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min WasteWater 270,665
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 11 min WasteWater 3,458
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 29 min thertruth 9,327
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 30 min RiccardoFire 227
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr duststorm 442,869
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr truth 611,849
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 hr karvinman 176,528