Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,290
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#412928 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, AKA Larry King says to LTM....
I DONT STOOP TO LYING!!
see that!!!
I DONT STOOP TO LYING!!!
MICHAEL says to Preston.....Have you NEVER lied, in your! life?
...."JUDGE NOT LEST YEE BE JUDGED"
BUSTED!
Distorting, manipulating, twisting and misrepresenting the "truth" is just the same as lying, Michael, which you and other atheists, agnostics and bible only Protestants have become "experts" at accomplishing in your "blatant attacks" against Jesus Christ and His (historically and biblically proven) One True Apostolic Catholic Church.---"judge not lest you be judged----ALSO---condemn not lest you be condemned"
DOUBLE BUSTED
preston

Waverly, OH

#412929 Jan 3, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>how me....LIAR.
how u, what? pervert.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#412930 Jan 3, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
I imagine it has to do with people having consumed from the cup, or perhaps thepossibility of spilling the Eucharist.
It is not that it is NEVER done. Just not very often. I have only seen it done once, when I was first ordained, and made a mistake in how much I ought to have consecrated. We had so much "left over" that it was not really possible for the ministers to consume it all right away, and *I* really could not (mebbe 3 years sober back then, and waaaaaayyyyy more cautious than I am now).
I was going to use the sacrorium, but the pastor directed that I place all that remained in the tabernacle, and he came back every few hours the rest of the day, and consumed it.
I try to gauge how many will receive from the chalice more carefully now, and I'm a lot bett at it.
When I'm not sure, we just don't have communion from the chalice.
Rob
Speaking of booze...why do catholic churches sell beer at the Summer festivals....Makes too much money???

If you had a drinking problem yourself, is it a good idea to expose alcohol to children at a church festival?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#412931 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
If she didn't do it, the celebrant (priest) would have. That's actually the more common practice. He would have stood at the altar facing you and done the exact same thing and has nothing to do with drawing attention to oneself. It's a protective measure to prevent the profanation of the Precious Blood of Christ and is done at every single Mass. Then the chalice is wiped completely clean with a purificator so that not a trace is left. It honors Jesus. We're very protective of our Lord. The only "mess" is in your mind.
What do you do with your leftover juice?
~~~

YOU WROTE

The only "mess" is in your mind.

~~~

Your above remark is a graphic demonstration of just how deep your

believe in Christ really is.

It is an outward demonstration of the hatred and bitterness you have in

your heart toward my wife and I...

Like Preston Who is a congenital (natural born liar,) and reeks of religious hatred..

In what way are you any different?

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#412932 Jan 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of booze...why do catholic churches sell beer at the Summer festivals....Makes too much money???
If you had a drinking problem yourself, is it a good idea to expose alcohol to children at a church festival?
Yeah, it a good money maker, we've got a lot of people to help. FYI, minors aren't allowed to drink beer at any of our festivals.

Chuck, Jesus approved of drinking alcohol in moderation, why do you have a problem with it?
preston

Waverly, OH

#412933 Jan 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
~~~
Like Preston Who is a congenital (natural born liar,) and reeks of religious hatred..
why do you keep making accusations that you never provide proof for.

the lies that are told usually come from you and mrs fraud, therefore like always YOU R WRONG.

I DEFEND THE TRUTH OF THE BIBLE AND DONT EXPLOIT LIES ABOUT IT LIKE YOU DO CONSTANTLY WITH YOUR IGNORANCE OF WHAT THE APOSTLES TEACH.THAT CERTAINLY DOESNT QUALIFY ME AS TO YOUR ACCUSATION OF HAVING "religious hatred".

SO WHY ARE U SLANDERING ME?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#412934 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
~~~
So you feel it's appropriate to call the mass a "mess", but take offense when you're called a mess.

Not only are you two ignorant bigots, but hypocrites as well.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#412935 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
~~~
Need I remind you that you are the one who wrote "mess"? So what does that make you?

Preston and I are not different, nor are you any different from him or me or anyone else. We were all created by God, we're all equal. Surely you're not suggesting that you are better??
preston

Waverly, OH

#412936 Jan 3, 2013
AMD mR FRAUD, LET ME CLUE YOU IN ON SOMETHING.

cyber bullying is a crime in the state of Ohio. that is what got you kicked off in the past.

#412937 Jan 3, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>My wife's cousin is a priest and an alcoholic,so many priests have been hidden away from the public eye because they became alcoholics,what do you say to this problem that has plagued the Catholic Church for centuries?
~~~

Jesus did not serve fermented "fruit of the vine " in his communion.

Jesus always acted in a way that was consistent with the word of God....

The word's of the Old testament is..

Pro 20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

The new testament says...

Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#412938 Jan 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to say they look forward to communion so they can have a shooter.
Good morning, Chuck!

I recall your telling us that you're an alcoholic, correct?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#412939 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote: "...not done by the priest,but at consecration,the Lord does it Himself."
By the power of the Holy Spirit. This is what the Church has *always* taught. In fact, the Holy Spirit is invoked during the consecration. I'm surprised you didn't already know this, Dan, being a former Catholic and all.
There is much to be said for catechisis of an individual.For one Regina,even though I was Catholic,there is much that I read at present that I did not know.Blame whoever,but the truth be known that many Catholics do not know what the church teaches,because it is not within them to seek the things of God,WHAT? Yes, we must be born again Regina to seek after God in the spiritual realm.One may have a desire to be relgious ,but to truly seek after the Living God we must be born again.

The Catholics on this thread do not agree with me here,because they are bound to the idea that Baptism(especially infant in the case of Catholics) makes one born-again.Well if that were the case I would have been born again three times when small.

I was baptized by nuns,in a Catholic Hospital,and again by sisters in a Catholic Orphanage,and later by a priest in the church of the Immaculate Conception in Newark.My mother heard about the other baptisms and thought they were not valid, so she had me baptized at 7,by an Italian priest she knew in the sanctuary of the above church I mentioned.

Later as an adult I went through baptism in an Assembly of God church in Rio, Wisconsin,and again here in my city in an Assembly of God church to join my son and daughter because although teens they wanted me to accompany them,so I did it to re-new as it were my vows.I am so baptized aren't ?Kind of funny really!

Nevertheless I found out that being born-again has nothing to do with baptism,although someone can be baptized and born-again at the same time,a little bit complicated no less. But we must be converted by Christ,all the rituals and observances of denominations and or churches does not change a person's heart,only the SPIRIT can do that.

Many Catholics are religious,and feel bound to go to Mass,and so on,but many again are not converted in their hearts and along with not being catechized in the right way,miss out on many things taught no matter what the affiliation.

Is not this forum an example of mis-information? Well there is so much on all sides. The article anthony shared was very good,but the truth is I must rely on the Spiritual to understand mystery. It is obvious that the Eucharist shared by so many different Christians becomes for them Life,and a deeper sense of being connected with our suffering Lord.The Suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane,and at Calvary has to be the beginning of our deeper spiritual experience with HIM.Sorry if many disagree with that.Some Evangelicals are deeply motivated by the sufferings of Christ,and enter into a spiritual life that many other evangelicals know nothing about.If the evangelicals on here argue that point and disagree with me,that is to bad,I am not here to represent pure evangelicalism as they see it,but to speak of the Lord who redeemed me,I belong to Him,although I go to an Evangelical church,I am one with them in Christ,but I do not agree with everything that comes out of their mouths,and they the same with me.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#412940 Jan 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it a good money maker, we've got a lot of people to help. FYI, minors aren't allowed to drink beer at any of our festivals.
Chuck, Jesus approved of drinking alcohol in moderation, why do you have a problem with it?
Is there a chance that a child at a catholic festival would see adults drinking and think maybe he/she would like to try it?

Sure there is...and is it worth it to stop serving beer to keep that from happening...nope. Church makes too much money.

I don't know if you know this but anytime someone is exposed to alcohol they could become addicted to it.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412941 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
When did it become a state religion? In what state (country)?
Do you mean a sovereign nation? That just happened last century. At that point the Church attained allot of wealth and influence thru investments etc. Thank God for that because they were able to stare down the Soviet Union now that they became a player on the world stage.
Again, that was only a hundred yrs ago. Now if you're talking about 'state religion' as in, Rome, Sprain and France's governments becoming predominately Catholic - and in some cases like Spain imposing and carrying out an Inquisition to benefit their Monarchy - then yes, I would agree politics and religion shouldn't mix like that.
But keep it real, that has nothin to do with the doctrine and dogma of the Roman Catholic Church. If anyone abused power and sinned while masquerading as Catholics, then they violated the teachings of the Church.
Someone help Clay with reality. His head is spinning in circles.

Answer: It became the State religion of Rome for starters.

Answer: The RCC became a sovereign country with its own bank -- thanks to Saint Mussolini.

Answer: The RCC never "stared down" the Soviet Union. What are you even talking about?

Again... no one can honestly rationalize why Jesus would want a church with its own bank, and diplomatic immunity.

You must think Jesus' last act as a free man on earth meant nothing. That dang Jesus guy keeps getting in the way of your Church mission. Go figure?

#412942 Jan 3, 2013
preston wrote:
AMD mR FRAUD, LET ME CLUE YOU IN ON SOMETHING.
cyber bullying is a crime in the state of Ohio. that is what got you kicked off in the past.
So you do not believe that calling me "mR FRAUD," which is one of your favorite lies that you tell over and over again (which you have done now for over two years)... is cyber bullying.

Do you want me to test it out..and see if it is a crime in the state of Ohio?

You seem to think you are immune to everything...that you can bully any one you please.

One thing for sure you will not be immune to the judgments of God.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412943 Jan 3, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
So ... how do you reconcile that .. with the Lord's express command ...in Matthew 26:27-28?
Jesus said "Do this."
We do it.
Rob
A difference in interpretation and faith.

Jesus said to do things you do NOT do today.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#412944 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Chuck!
I recall your telling us that you're an alcoholic, correct?
was an alcoholic.

and please spare me the speech about moderation if that what you were doing. It is absolutely dangerous to expose children to alcohol and that is exactly what the catholic church does. Children do as adults do...not as they say.

I have a friend just yesterday call me who is a catholic and drinks. He works these festivals and he's shocked as to why his 16year old son has started to drink. Gee...I don't know....maybe you folks show him how.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#412945 Jan 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Distorting, manipulating, twisting and misrepresenting the "truth" is just the same as lying, Michael, which you and other atheists, agnostics and bible only Protestants have become "experts" at accomplishing in your "blatant attacks" against Jesus Christ and His (historically and biblically proven) One True Apostolic Catholic Church.---"judge not lest you be judged----ALSO---condemn not lest you be condemned"
DOUBLE BUSTED
HOJO my good friend, why so much anger?

Its obvious you are still using your same old TEMPLATE of dribble you say everytime you post.

Haven't you got any new material.(lol)
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412946 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
.....Everyone remembers Cardinal Bernard Law of the Arch-diocese of Boston, whose soft-glove treatment of pedophiles ignited the Boston scandal. Cost the archdiocese of Boston $650 MILLION in lawsuits. Thankyou parishioners for your financial support.
Cardinal Law was disgraced and resigned as archbishop in 2002.
In 2004 Cardinal Law was summoned to Rome by the Pope and later in 2004 he was named pastor of a great Roman basilica, Santa Maria Maggiore, with a $10,000 per month salary and a highly influential role in choosing new American bishops.
.....and Catholics accept this joy.
No one gives a damn about the innocent victims and their families. DISGUSTING!
and.... UNBELIEVABLE!
From the RCC's deeds, one must conclude that the Vatican believes Jesus would do the same for one of His Apostles, who happened to facilitate the rape of children who came to Him.

Absurd.

How can anyone claim Jesus guided His earthly vicar to honor and reward an Apostle who facilitated the rape of over 100 children?

Nope, Law was rewarded for his silence and for leaving his home country (forever likely) to avoid being subpoenaed to testify.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#412947 Jan 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a chance that a child at a catholic festival would see adults drinking and think maybe he/she would like to try it?
Sure there is...and is it worth it to stop serving beer to keep that from happening...nope. Church makes too much money.
I don't know if you know this but anytime someone is exposed to alcohol they could become addicted to it.
Eating too many cheeseburgers is gonna kill you too. I've seen lots of chubby kids that will suffer later in life because of their parents. It's called 'moderation'. Jesus taught moderation. Jesus drank alcohol, and He approved of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Dally Mama 740,773
FACEBOOK versus TOPIX 14 min UncleSamFkOff 4
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min superwilly 227,995
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 24 min ksrgopinath 5,390
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr yon 3,193
White Race Is Being Wiped Out 1 hr More Truth 1
AIDS , EBOLA as a DePopulation BioWeapon 1 hr More Truth 14
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 173,912
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Dr_Zorderz 259,771
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 13 hr Always4Fun13 169

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••