Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
397,801 - 397,820 of 539,185 Comments Last updated 18 min ago
Clay

United States

#412920 Jan 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is gracious for the Nun to demonstrate her religiosity that she could not wait until she knew that she was beyond where she could be seen to empty the chalice.
Could she not have understood that there were those there that were observing her actions that she would offend, and could have been more discreet....
Personally I do not believe in transubstantiation..and neither did most of those that attended...
We were there for a wedding and not necessarily for a religious demonstration by a nun, and to us her actions were not a part of
the ceremony it was a unnecessary detraction.
As observers...We did not see Jesus there..
We saw a person ...
( that was not dressed in a Nuns habit ) taking advantage of the situation to bring attention to themselves in order to prove their own religiosity.
Which to me ....was absolutely out of order...creating a mess... instead of a Mass.
As we already explained..ma'am. The nun didn't need to be discreet at all. That's why we say something fishy is going on with your story.
Also, its very very unusual to see a nun participating in Mass like that. I been to Mass thousands of times and I don't think I have ever seen one up there.
You say she snuck behind a curtain? That's really really bizarre. I don't think I've ever seem curtains either. lol.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#412921 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
So it is gracious for the Nun to demonstrate her religiosity that she could not wait until she knew that she was beyond where she could be seen to empty the chalice.
Could she not have understood that there were those there that were observing her actions that she would offend, and could have been more discreet....
Personally I do not believe in transubstantiation..and neither did most of those that attended...
We were there for a wedding and not necessarily for a religious demonstration by a nun, and to us her actions were not a part of
We saw a person ...
( that was not dressed in a Nuns habit ) taking advantage of the situation to bring attention to themselves in order to prove their own religiosity.
Which to me ....was absolutely out of order...creating a mess... instead of a Mass.
If she didn't do it, the celebrant (priest) would have. That's actually the more common practice. He would have stood at the altar facing you and done the exact same thing and has nothing to do with drawing attention to oneself. It's a protective measure to prevent the profanation of the Precious Blood of Christ and is done at every single Mass. Then the chalice is wiped completely clean with a purificator so that not a trace is left. It honors Jesus. We're very protective of our Lord. The only "mess" is in your mind.

What do you do with your leftover juice?
Live Action

Piedmont, OK

#412922 Jan 3, 2013
rev 12/9.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#412923 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And I don't really understand what you're saying about RCC and miracles Blah Blah.
I believe Fr Dye - after he was done laughing at your silly accusations- answered it thoroughly.
The RCC simply says certain events are 'worthy of belief'. They don't get to worked up in this department. And Catholics are DEFINITELY NOT required to agree with any of them.
The Church actually does a responsible job when investigating supposed miracles. They use independent scientist and carefully comb over the evidence.
Bigots like you could care less.
Why on Earth do you even care about Catholic stuff? you that insecure about your beliefs Free?
In regards to those "Eucharistic miracles" if we say that they are a hoax,the Catholic Church condemns us,and yet you say that Catholics are not bound to believe such by the Church.You can't have it both ways.

I am along with many Christians very content to see the Spiritual life that comes from observing Communion. When you take communion in a service that commemorates the Dying of our Lord,and eats the bread contemplating His sacred Body,and the same with the Juice or wine,considering His most precious blood that was shed for our sins,The Spiritual Essence of being connected by those elements to our Lord in Spirit and in Truth,is the Discernment of the Spirit, you cannot go wrong.

For many years I have been connected with believers who believe this,and from every affiliation.We reject total symbolism,and the extreme teachings of transubstantiation as well,but know that Christ offered in His body and blood LIFE,even though He was wanting us to remember explicity His death.How much can we really understand since we did not die ourselves in the way He did?

More important to all of you who join in Communion no matter the affiliation,you might want to consider MORESO than even the Lord's physical torture by scourging and crucifixion,was the torment of body soul and spirit in the Garden of Gethsemane,where our Lord sweat drops of Blood,and knew as GOD what He was going to face for the SINS of the whole world.

We cannot be even touch the surface of the multitude and various degrees of Sin Jesus suffered for.The mental anguish over the horrible deeds of Nations,despots,serial killers,the list is never ending,our Lord went to Calvary for all of that misery,no one could possibly be able to comprehend the magnitude of what Jesus faced even in Gethsemane.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#412924 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget that the Church is also the largest charitable organization in the history of the planet. Doing more everyday for the poor than any other group?
What does Michael do?
Well, he's back on Topix after a few days...so apparently he paid his internet bill. Now, instead of feeding the poor in his city, he gets on Topix and trashes the people who do!!
unbelievable.
The followers pay the bills, and donate their money not the church. The church is just the middleman that distributes the money given to them and the church gets all the acColades not the ones who actually put their money up. UNBELIEVABLE!

When you put your 1 dollar on the collection plate you have no idea where it goes. You don't direct it to a charity, you don't direct it to paying for lawsuits, or the expenses of the clergy.

If you didn't belong to the church wouldn't you donate your money to other good causes or would you stop giving money?

You could feed a lot more without multi million dollar edifices every few blocks that are locked up tight 155 hours a week with the heat and lights left on.

Want churches? Have simple churches, No need for 75 foot ceilings and expensive wasteful bling!

UNBELIEVABLE!

ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#412925 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
We saw a person ...
The only one who said she was a nun is your wife. More likely she was a lay Eucharistic Minister.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#412926 Jan 3, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
I imagine it has to do with people having consumed from the cup, or perhaps thepossibility of spilling the Eucharist.
It is not that it is NEVER done. Just not very often. I have only seen it done once, when I was first ordained, and made a mistake in how much I ought to have consecrated. We had so much "left over" that it was not really possible for the ministers to consume it all right away, and *I* really could not (mebbe 3 years sober back then, and waaaaaayyyyy more cautious than I am now).
I was going to use the sacrorium, but the pastor directed that I place all that remained in the tabernacle, and he came back every few hours the rest of the day, and consumed it.
I try to gauge how many will receive from the chalice more carefully now, and I'm a lot bett at it.
When I'm not sure, we just don't have communion from the chalice.
Rob
My wife's cousin is a priest and an alcoholic,so many priests have been hidden away from the public eye because they became alcoholics,what do you say to this problem that has plagued the Catholic Church for centuries?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#412927 Jan 3, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>My wife's cousin is a priest and an alcoholic,so many priests have been hidden away from the public eye because they became alcoholics,what do you say to this problem that has plagued the Catholic Church for centuries?
I would have to say they look forward to communion so they can have a shooter.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#412928 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, AKA Larry King says to LTM....
I DONT STOOP TO LYING!!
see that!!!
I DONT STOOP TO LYING!!!
MICHAEL says to Preston.....Have you NEVER lied, in your! life?
...."JUDGE NOT LEST YEE BE JUDGED"
BUSTED!
Distorting, manipulating, twisting and misrepresenting the "truth" is just the same as lying, Michael, which you and other atheists, agnostics and bible only Protestants have become "experts" at accomplishing in your "blatant attacks" against Jesus Christ and His (historically and biblically proven) One True Apostolic Catholic Church.---"judge not lest you be judged----ALSO---condemn not lest you be condemned"
DOUBLE BUSTED
preston

Waverly, OH

#412929 Jan 3, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>how me....LIAR.
how u, what? pervert.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#412930 Jan 3, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
I imagine it has to do with people having consumed from the cup, or perhaps thepossibility of spilling the Eucharist.
It is not that it is NEVER done. Just not very often. I have only seen it done once, when I was first ordained, and made a mistake in how much I ought to have consecrated. We had so much "left over" that it was not really possible for the ministers to consume it all right away, and *I* really could not (mebbe 3 years sober back then, and waaaaaayyyyy more cautious than I am now).
I was going to use the sacrorium, but the pastor directed that I place all that remained in the tabernacle, and he came back every few hours the rest of the day, and consumed it.
I try to gauge how many will receive from the chalice more carefully now, and I'm a lot bett at it.
When I'm not sure, we just don't have communion from the chalice.
Rob
Speaking of booze...why do catholic churches sell beer at the Summer festivals....Makes too much money???

If you had a drinking problem yourself, is it a good idea to expose alcohol to children at a church festival?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#412931 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
If she didn't do it, the celebrant (priest) would have. That's actually the more common practice. He would have stood at the altar facing you and done the exact same thing and has nothing to do with drawing attention to oneself. It's a protective measure to prevent the profanation of the Precious Blood of Christ and is done at every single Mass. Then the chalice is wiped completely clean with a purificator so that not a trace is left. It honors Jesus. We're very protective of our Lord. The only "mess" is in your mind.
What do you do with your leftover juice?
~~~

YOU WROTE

The only "mess" is in your mind.

~~~

Your above remark is a graphic demonstration of just how deep your

believe in Christ really is.

It is an outward demonstration of the hatred and bitterness you have in

your heart toward my wife and I...

Like Preston Who is a congenital (natural born liar,) and reeks of religious hatred..

In what way are you any different?

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#412932 Jan 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of booze...why do catholic churches sell beer at the Summer festivals....Makes too much money???
If you had a drinking problem yourself, is it a good idea to expose alcohol to children at a church festival?
Yeah, it a good money maker, we've got a lot of people to help. FYI, minors aren't allowed to drink beer at any of our festivals.

Chuck, Jesus approved of drinking alcohol in moderation, why do you have a problem with it?
preston

Waverly, OH

#412933 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
~~~
Like Preston Who is a congenital (natural born liar,) and reeks of religious hatred..
why do you keep making accusations that you never provide proof for.

the lies that are told usually come from you and mrs fraud, therefore like always YOU R WRONG.

I DEFEND THE TRUTH OF THE BIBLE AND DONT EXPLOIT LIES ABOUT IT LIKE YOU DO CONSTANTLY WITH YOUR IGNORANCE OF WHAT THE APOSTLES TEACH.THAT CERTAINLY DOESNT QUALIFY ME AS TO YOUR ACCUSATION OF HAVING "religious hatred".

SO WHY ARE U SLANDERING ME?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#412934 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
~~~
So you feel it's appropriate to call the mass a "mess", but take offense when you're called a mess.

Not only are you two ignorant bigots, but hypocrites as well.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#412935 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
~~~
Need I remind you that you are the one who wrote "mess"? So what does that make you?

Preston and I are not different, nor are you any different from him or me or anyone else. We were all created by God, we're all equal. Surely you're not suggesting that you are better??
preston

Waverly, OH

#412936 Jan 3, 2013
AMD mR FRAUD, LET ME CLUE YOU IN ON SOMETHING.

cyber bullying is a crime in the state of Ohio. that is what got you kicked off in the past.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#412937 Jan 3, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>My wife's cousin is a priest and an alcoholic,so many priests have been hidden away from the public eye because they became alcoholics,what do you say to this problem that has plagued the Catholic Church for centuries?
~~~

Jesus did not serve fermented "fruit of the vine " in his communion.

Jesus always acted in a way that was consistent with the word of God....

The word's of the Old testament is..

Pro 20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

The new testament says...

Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#412938 Jan 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to say they look forward to communion so they can have a shooter.
Good morning, Chuck!

I recall your telling us that you're an alcoholic, correct?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#412939 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote: "...not done by the priest,but at consecration,the Lord does it Himself."
By the power of the Holy Spirit. This is what the Church has *always* taught. In fact, the Holy Spirit is invoked during the consecration. I'm surprised you didn't already know this, Dan, being a former Catholic and all.
There is much to be said for catechisis of an individual.For one Regina,even though I was Catholic,there is much that I read at present that I did not know.Blame whoever,but the truth be known that many Catholics do not know what the church teaches,because it is not within them to seek the things of God,WHAT? Yes, we must be born again Regina to seek after God in the spiritual realm.One may have a desire to be relgious ,but to truly seek after the Living God we must be born again.

The Catholics on this thread do not agree with me here,because they are bound to the idea that Baptism(especially infant in the case of Catholics) makes one born-again.Well if that were the case I would have been born again three times when small.

I was baptized by nuns,in a Catholic Hospital,and again by sisters in a Catholic Orphanage,and later by a priest in the church of the Immaculate Conception in Newark.My mother heard about the other baptisms and thought they were not valid, so she had me baptized at 7,by an Italian priest she knew in the sanctuary of the above church I mentioned.

Later as an adult I went through baptism in an Assembly of God church in Rio, Wisconsin,and again here in my city in an Assembly of God church to join my son and daughter because although teens they wanted me to accompany them,so I did it to re-new as it were my vows.I am so baptized aren't ?Kind of funny really!

Nevertheless I found out that being born-again has nothing to do with baptism,although someone can be baptized and born-again at the same time,a little bit complicated no less. But we must be converted by Christ,all the rituals and observances of denominations and or churches does not change a person's heart,only the SPIRIT can do that.

Many Catholics are religious,and feel bound to go to Mass,and so on,but many again are not converted in their hearts and along with not being catechized in the right way,miss out on many things taught no matter what the affiliation.

Is not this forum an example of mis-information? Well there is so much on all sides. The article anthony shared was very good,but the truth is I must rely on the Spiritual to understand mystery. It is obvious that the Eucharist shared by so many different Christians becomes for them Life,and a deeper sense of being connected with our suffering Lord.The Suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane,and at Calvary has to be the beginning of our deeper spiritual experience with HIM.Sorry if many disagree with that.Some Evangelicals are deeply motivated by the sufferings of Christ,and enter into a spiritual life that many other evangelicals know nothing about.If the evangelicals on here argue that point and disagree with me,that is to bad,I am not here to represent pure evangelicalism as they see it,but to speak of the Lord who redeemed me,I belong to Him,although I go to an Evangelical church,I am one with them in Christ,but I do not agree with everything that comes out of their mouths,and they the same with me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,456
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Catcher1 733,219
Good bye Michael Sam 15 min WasteWater 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min Serah 600,014
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 31 min WasteWater 4,343
someone is so happy Michael Sams is released 33 min andet1987 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min WasteWater 258,078
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Patrick 226,389
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr JUDEletePete 118,007
•••