Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590311 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#412888 Jan 2, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not worried about the opinion of you and your ilk. The only "opinion" I'm concerned with is that of God. He tells the truth and I believe it. As do my brothers and sisters in Christ...Anthony, Robert, Clay, Hojo, Dust Storm, Star, etc. I have no need to change it to stroke my ego, i.e. Protestantism.
So no need to worry about me. I'm in the church Christ founded, all is well! Yes, that's right, it's in scripture!
And you are all following the teaching of the false christ.
Jesus Christ never found the catholic church, Just like you don't understand about the Spiritual teachings of Jesus, about the bread and wine being His body and blood, neither do you understand the teachings of Jesus about His Spiritual church.{ The True Church of Christ are one in the Spirit, they are one with the Lord.}
Its people not a denomination , Jesus came preaching about the Kingdom of God, He also preached He was the only way to the Father.
Jesus never taught me and my mother, Jesus said I am the way the truth and the light no one comes to the Father but through me.
Your church teaches a false doctrine, because that isn't what they teach Regina.
Its all about Mary with the catholic church when it should be all about Jesus. You don't know the truth Regina because you haven't heard the truth.
marge

Ames, IA

#412889 Jan 2, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I've been to Protestant weddings back in the day when all our friends being of the same age were getting married, too. My husband and I didn't give "knowing looks" to each other and then criticize their traditions afterward. We didn't even think about such things. We were happy for the couple and respected their beliefs.
I'll bet that didn't stop Ananias and Sapphira from chowing down on the prime rib or filet mignon dinner their hosts provided at the reception, all the while stabbing them in the back.
You don't understand how it is for us Regina, how hard it is to see people so deceived and think they are right with God.

You claim to be of the true church, so yes, we have the right to judge that your beliefs are false and not True to the Gospel.

It's our duty to God to tell you.
LTM

#412890 Jan 2, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I think that what km, her husband and LTM need to take into consideration is this.
People can disagree on what they believe that your church does or doesnt do, but to "confrint" you on your rituals on which they (and I could be included in that also)KNOW NOTHING ABOUT is rediculous to say the least.
xxxxx

Sorry Preston you would be wrong, all my children were baptized catholic's. so I have been to a few catholic church services.
So it is you who doesn't know what they are talking about I was going to turn catholic once.
Why don't you tell Regina the truth about how you really feel about the catholic teachings you hypocrite.
truth

Perth, Australia

#412891 Jan 2, 2013
In matrix for so long is evil..nothing to do with real Creator..not at all story about powerful possessors..is that your god..
o well this planet is not born few thousand years ago..noooo
then
who is old 10 billions years..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyy

Did you see blue dinosaurs?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#412892 Jan 2, 2013
How can Jesus' statement,(John 19:30), be reconciled with the continual 're-presenting of Christ's sacrifice in the Mass?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#412893 Jan 2, 2013
There is no mention of wine in John 6: 48-58. If this passage were referring to the Mass, wouldn't wine be mentioned along with the bread?
truth

Perth, Australia

#412894 Jan 2, 2013
where is light yes and no..hocu necu as + and -

now
Did you stolen something from someone?
You did not!
Its ok if not.
Then you are holy we are all thief.
Why God created us as thief?
Jesus Christ coming as thief.
Robin hood coming as king.
All fratric as priest fast with beautiful slanina and prsuto..
All Sultan say as treasure ''sezame open yourself''.

Where is God?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#412895 Jan 2, 2013
How can Jesus' statement, "IT IS FINISHED!"(John 19:30), be reconciled with the continual 're-presenting of Christ's sacrifice in the Mass?

'Paid in Full!'
LTM

#412896 Jan 2, 2013
4GVN wrote:
How can Jesus' statement, "IT IS FINISHED!"(John 19:30), be reconciled with the continual 're-presenting of Christ's sacrifice in the Mass?
'Paid in Full!'
Logic and common sense is not the catholic's strong point.
LTM

#412897 Jan 2, 2013
Bible Verse Of The Day

But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

Psalms 86:15 (KJV)

www.Christ.com
LTM

#412898 Jan 2, 2013
Clouds and Darkness
Jan032013January 3, 2013
Clouds and darkness surround Him ...—Psalm 97:2

A person who has not been born again by the Spirit of God will tell you that the teachings of Jesus are simple. But when he is baptized by the Holy Spirit, he finds that “clouds and darkness surround Him ....” When we come into close contact with the teachings of Jesus Christ we have our first realization of this. The only possible way to have full understanding of the teachings of Jesus is through the light of the Spirit of God shining inside us. If we have never had the experience of taking our casual, religious shoes off our casual, religious feet— getting rid of all the excessive informality with which we approach God— it is questionable whether we have ever stood in His presence. The people who are flippant and disrespectful in their approach to God are those who have never been introduced to Jesus Christ. Only after the amazing delight and liberty of realizing what Jesus Christ does, comes the impenetrable “darkness” of realizing who He is.

Jesus said,“The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life”(John 6:63). Once, the Bible was just so many words to us —“clouds and darkness”— then, suddenly, the words become spirit and life because Jesus re-speaks them to us when our circumstances make the words new. That is the way God speaks to us; not by visions and dreams, but by words. When a man gets to God, it is by the most simple way— words.

Bible in One Year: Genesis 7–9; Matthew 3
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#412899 Jan 2, 2013
truth wrote:
In matrix for so long is evil..nothing to do with real Creator..not at all story about powerful possessors..is that your god..
o well this planet is not born few thousand years ago..noooo
then
who is old 10 billions years..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyy
Did you see blue dinosaurs?
I think so...what color was it?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#412900 Jan 2, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic and common sense is not the catholic's strong point.
Be nice. Let Jesus show through you.:)
billkinca

Coarsegold, CA

#412901 Jan 2, 2013
4gvn wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot fathom that you cannot grasp the difference between litteral and figurative. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck and walks like a duck it is most likely a duck. If it looks like wine ,smells like wine ,tastes like wine and if you drink enough of it can get you drunk like wine it is most assurredly WINE...NOT BLOOD. Brain washing is a terrible thing. The mind is a terrible thing to waste.
"For we walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7
preston

Waverly, OH

#412902 Jan 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I think that what km, her husband and LTM need to take into consideration is this.
People can disagree on what they believe that your church does or doesnt do, but to "confrint" you on your rituals on which they (and I could be included in that also)KNOW NOTHING ABOUT is rediculous to say the least.
xxxxx
Sorry Preston you would be wrong, all my children were baptized catholic's. so I have been to a few catholic church services.
So it is you who doesn't know what they are talking about I was going to turn catholic once.
Why don't you tell Regina the truth about how you really feel about the catholic teachings you hypocrite.
HYPOCRITE????

SEE i KNEW THAT YOU WOULD COME BACK WITH SOME IGNORANT COMMENT.

I was disputing with reggie et al, long before you ever found this forum, yet there is a BIG difference between me and some of you other characters.

I DONT STOOP TO LYING!!

see that!!!

I DONT STOOP TO LYING!!!

I have said that I have only been in one catholic church and that was enough for me. I couldnt stand the smell of all of those candles.

the fact remains that km was caughtin her own web of deceitfulness and they called her on it, SO IF YOU HAVE BEEN IN CATHOLIC SERVICES, YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED HER ON IT 2,

instead of backing her up like you are doing and as you done with the false prophet orville.

DONT YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU BACK UP A LIAR, YOU ARE AS GUILTY AS THAT LIAR?

would you back up a person that set a house on fire and killed some little children?

the average person wouldnt and a Christian SHOULDNT.

yet people like you back up a person with a lying tongue, and the bible is very clear as to the danger that is caused by that evil tongue.

that evil tongue has killed more people that all the arsonists that have ever lived.

and FYI, God gave me that a few hours ago. and now I know why.
preston

Waverly, OH

#412903 Jan 3, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Be nice. Let Jesus show through you.:)
YOU ARE A GOOD ONE TO TALK. you are one of the filthiest mouthed posters on this forum
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412905 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you see that these do not matter to the relevance of the teaching.
Remember...the Church taught this dogma BEFORE these miracles. NOT after.
Correction....

"... the Church taught this dogma BEFORE these FRAUDULENT miracles."

The Church took a fine religion and infused it with fraud -- for the purpose of power and money. Before the RCC became a State Religion, it represented the values of Jesus, it helped the poor, etc. Then it became rich and corrupt -- and a lap dog for a secession of rulers.

It defrauded its followers with phony relics and fake indulgences.

No God would ever require such FRAUD from a "one-true" church.

Again you insist that Jesus has zero standards and requires zero accountability for "his church."

I am here to defend Jesus, to defend America, and to save the RCC from itself.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412906 Jan 3, 2013
Open your eyes!

Jesus did NOT want a Jesus palace -- adorned with stolen gold, mined by slaves -- all paid for through FRAUD.

Jesus did NOT teach that a religion should own a bank, or use "diplomatic immunity" to avoid accountability.

Read the Bible! What was Jesus' last act as a free man on earth? Hello? Was that just an accident of fate -- or a message?

How absurd can you get?
Clay

United States

#412907 Jan 3, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction....
"... the Church taught this dogma BEFORE these FRAUDULENT miracles."
The Church took a fine religion and infused it with fraud -- for the purpose of power and money. Before the RCC became a State Religion, it represented the values of Jesus, it helped the poor, etc. Then it became rich and corrupt -- and a lap dog for a secession of rulers.
It defrauded its followers with phony relics and fake indulgences.
No God would ever require such FRAUD from a "one-true" church.
Again you insist that Jesus has zero standards and requires zero accountability for "his church."
I am here to defend Jesus, to defend America, and to save the RCC from itself.
When did it become a state religion? In what state (country)?
Do you mean a sovereign nation? That just happened last century. At that point the Church attained allot of wealth and influence thru investments etc. Thank God for that because they were able to stare down the Soviet Union now that they became a player on the world stage.

Again, that was only a hundred yrs ago. Now if you're talking about 'state religion' as in, Rome, Sprain and France's governments becoming predominately Catholic - and in some cases like Spain imposing and carrying out an Inquisition to benefit their Monarchy - then yes, I would agree politics and religion shouldn't mix like that.

But keep it real, that has nothin to do with the doctrine and dogma of the Roman Catholic Church. If anyone abused power and sinned while masquerading as Catholics, then they violated the teachings of the Church.
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#412908 Jan 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Drinking Blood is forbidden, according to the bible Regina.
Drinking blood is a pagan belief.
So ... how do you reconcile that .. with the Lord's express command ...in Matthew 26:27-28?

Jesus said "Do this."

We do it.

Rob

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min RiccardoFire 99,997
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Catcher1 838,950
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 21 min cheer the f up 121,918
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 23 min Spanishboy 122
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 30 min janeebee 4,445
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Truths 612,192
searching for lesbian partner... 1 hr het4u 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr swedenforever 176,949
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) Tue Finley 31
More from around the web