Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658421 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#413058 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey for once you posted something worthwhile!
I read it and enjoyed your article Michael.
Of course, you offered nothing surprising. But at least it wasn't a propaganda slander piece like we're used too.
The retired Priest is referring to cradle Catholicism. He has a point about the fruits of Vatican II as well.
I talked to a Priest last night who longed to bring back the Communion rail instead of the line.
I don't believe Vatican II necessarily led to cradle Catholicism as much as Protestant influence has.
The truth is, people are going to flock to the live band and free coffee services that the Evangelical mega churches offer. They don't like to kneel down for ten min anymore. And hey, the Evangelicals offer a no holds path to salvation! All you gotta do is believe in Jesus....
CRADLE CATHOLICISM has been a BUST!

By far the vast majority of catholics who fall away are ones born into the faith, not ones who search and find it themselves.

The most observant religious catholics are those that find the faith themselves. There are few of them, as most are indoctrinated from infancy.........BIG MISTAKE

So the BILLIONS in our world who don't believe in Jesus are doomed to eternal hell? Thats good news thankyou Clay!

No loving God would ever teach such a hateful dividing thing...

A CROC!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#413059 Jan 3, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus didn't change the O.T. laws, he observed them perfectly as a Jew, thus fulfilled them.
That is bullshit. jesus said that he came to fulfill the prophecy. How does one fulfill a law? One does not. One either abides by the law or breaks it. One can fulfill a prophecy, but you cannot fulfill a law.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Think about how stupid you sound. "Jesus didn't change the O.T. laws, he observed them perfectly as a Jew, thus fulfilled them." Your god made these laws, that he knew that no one but jesus could 'fulfill'? Does that make any sense?

You god made these horrible laws, but he only meant them for a very small group of people. Really? You buy that?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#413060 Jan 3, 2013
I didn't break any laws today! All laws are now fulfilled!

You are free to make new laws or have none at all!
Michael

Canada

#413061 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as drinking goes, yes, he is. He's not a puppet. If he doesn't cooperate with the help God provides for him, he's sunk.
God doesn't grow back the leg of an amputee. He does, however, provide a prothesis and physical therapists to teach the person to walk again. If they refuse the help, they're wheel-chair bound for life.
Now maybe he drank to self-medicate and has overcome his emotional/mental problems to the degree that he no longer desires to drink. But what if a tragedy occurs in his life and he falls into despair again? Or maybe God performed a miracle and removed the alcoholism from his body. Do you really want to be responsible for his finding out? Stop enabling him. You're thwarting God's work.
REGINA M. you are well versed on whats going on in your church.

What is your opinion of the VERY FAST FORMING priest associations in several countries including the AUSCP in the USA?

Priests who want reform in the church. Who support the nuns in america, who want celebacy optional, who want fair and equal rights for divorced catholics and want the structure of the church changed and more democratic.

.....In less than 18 months in america over 1,000 roman catholic priests have joined including priests from one of the 3 dioceses in NJ..........so far!

There might be disgruntled roman catholics but when 80 year old nuns have been called radical feminists, and priests want an uprising within the church, how is this all going to play out?

IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD!

WHAT SAY YOU?
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#413062 Jan 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
When you try to live your life by keeping man made rules you will never experience the grace of God.
Alcoholism is not a disease Regina....it's a choice one has made. If you call it a disease like the rest of the world, there is no accountability for the individual.
Disease...give me a break
For some people there is a biological pre-disposition. However, my use of the term for the purposes of this board takes into consideration all the reasons one might abuse alcohol. Abuse of any substance indicates an emotional problem, at the very least. Emotional problems can be classified as a disease.

I agree the term is overused and negates personal responsibility.
Michael

Canada

#413063 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the CC is not silent at all. I know you wish they were, but they're not.
They took enormous steps to rid this evil.
You dig up old dirt to trash them with.
Did you get off your recliner today and help a neighbor?
Don't worry Miguel, we'll take care of that for you...you just sit tight and attempt to bring down the Church that has withstood millions of Michaels in their 2,000 yr history.
CLAY said......

...Actually the CC is not silent at all. I know you wish they were, but they're not.

MICHAEL says....CLAY...what did you do personally? Did you write to your bishop expressing your concern? Did you contact a family in your diocese of an abused child and told them how sorry you were that this happened?

NO YOU DIDN'T!!

BUSTED!

2 years ago I contacted the chancellor of the arch-diocese of Philidelphia expressing my disgust with the entire abuse scandal coverups. I posted that on here.

.....He wrote back and said not to worry everything was under control. 1 year later another 34 priests from the arch-diocese were charged with sexual abuse. 34!!

.......just read the top right hand column of this forum under ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NEWS.......more priests charged, more priests taken out of service.

When are catholics going to stand up! What is your fear? God would expect you to do whats right. SILENCE!

UNBELIEVABLE!
Michael

Canada

#413064 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the CC is not silent at all. I know you wish they were, but they're not.
You dig up old dirt to trash them with.
Did you get off your recliner today and help a neighbor?
Don't worry Miguel, we'll take care of that for you...you just sit tight and attempt to bring down the Church that has withstood millions of Michaels in their 2,000 yr history.
Clay says.......Did you get off your recliner today and help a neighbor?

Michael says.......8:00 am this morning I was across the street shovelling my 90 year old neighbors snow, like I always do. I cleared my own and my neighbor beside me. Tonight I will put out her garbage to the curb, like I do 52 times a year, and bring in the empty containers tomorrow morning like I do 52 times a year. I often go to the store for her ask for nothing in return.

Do your neighbors even know you exist?

BUSTED!
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#413065 Jan 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't an alcoholic in their situation because they were trying to do something themselves...like cooperate... instead of allowing God to do it all?
Grace Regina...you don't get it.
You're not a puppet. God gave you free will. You can reject grace.
Michael

Canada

#413066 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
To answer your question: It matters nothing.
If ten thousand Priest form a union and split, it means nada. They are free to leave anytime. The Church will still be there tomorrow. They do not form their doctrine based on popular opinion or cultural influence.
You must have mistaken the CC for Protestantism.
In Ireland 200 yrs ago Priests were scarce. The Protestants rounded them all up and killed em. Yet, Mass was still celebrated. The Holy Spirit still found away to get the Irish the Holy Eucharist.
You're in a losing battle trying to take down the Catholic Church Mike.
FACT:.....During the past 40 years, over 80,000 men have left the priesthood.

During the past 40 years nuns in america have gone from 181,000 to under 57,000 today with few new recruits in site in america. The average nuns age is 70 and the average priest age is 60.

Why have so many disbanded? That is the question.

I asked Father Dye about the NEW PRIEST association in the USA and he wasn't even aware of it. I have known about it for over a year. Go figure.

1,000 priests in america representing 122 dioceses out of 195 and growing quickly.

W

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#413067 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not a puppet. God gave you free will. You can reject grace.
Not a puppet...you're taking Tony material. Get some new stuff.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#413069 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
FACT:.....During the past 40 years, over 80,000 men have left the priesthood.
During the past 40 years nuns in america have gone from 181,000 to under 57,000 today with few new recruits in site in america. The average nuns age is 70 and the average priest age is 60.
Why have so many disbanded? That is the question.
I asked Father Dye about the NEW PRIEST association in the USA and he wasn't even aware of it. I have known about it for over a year. Go figure.
1,000 priests in america representing 122 dioceses out of 195 and growing quickly.
W
No worries Mike. The Holy Spirit will see the Church through any difficult time this world can throw at them. Today, there is a Priest shortage due to lack of interest. 200 yrs ago in Europe, there was a Priest shortage due to England rounding them up and killing em.
Guess what, it didn't work. We're still here. Christ promised to be with His Church til the end and He wasn't joking. The seminary in the twin cities was full again this year...amazing.
Michael

Canada

#413070 Jan 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me the post where I said any of this you tool
That has absolutely nothing to do with what I was saying. Put the pipe down before you burn a hole in your chair.
Why so angry? Why do posters like you get so defensive over nothing?

Have you never posted to another poster, without the poster, posting to you first?

preston

Athens, OH

#413071 Jan 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do not believe that calling me "mR FRAUD," which is one of your favorite lies that you tell over and over again (which you have done now for over two years)... is cyber bullying.
Do you want me to test it out..and see if it is a crime in the state of Ohio?
You seem to think you are immune to everything...that you can bully any one you please.
One thing for sure you will not be immune to the judgments of God.
DEFENDING MYSELF FROM THE LIKES OF YOU IS NOT BULLYING.

YOU INLCUDED MY NAME TO REGGIE JUST FOR ONE REASON AND THAT WAS TO GET A RESPONSE FROM ME.

so dont play games with reggie and I , both of us are to smart for It.
AND fyi, ROLLING AROUND ON THE FLOOR LIKE A VOODOO PARTICIPANT DOESNT ASSURE YOU OF HEAVEN EITHER.
Michael

Canada

#413072 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries Mike. The Holy Spirit will see the Church through any difficult time this world can throw at them. Today, there is a Priest shortage due to lack of interest. 200 yrs ago in Europe, there was a Priest shortage due to England rounding them up and killing em.
Guess what, it didn't work. We're still here. Christ promised to be with His Church til the end and He wasn't joking. The seminary in the twin cities was full again this year...amazing.
You are saying the church is too big to fail?

Millions said that about many american steel/textile companies just a few years ago?

......and what exactly is it the holy spirit does? Changes peoples minds?(lol)!

If you believe the holy spirit is just one of three components of God, why don't you just say God instead of the holy spirit?

.....now remember don't blame me if the church one day does go south. I know you would love to put all the blame and burden on me.

Catholics are angry at their church leaders, priests are angry with their church leaders..........its not my fault.(lol)

preston

Athens, OH

#413073 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
No telling LIES Preston!
i WOULDNT haVE CALLED HIM A PERVERT IF IT WASNT TRUE.

before John died, mr 4bdn said afew words to John that are classified as a homosexual invitation.

only a couple people rebuked him for this sordid behavior,you are NOT included in this number, nor was LTM.

NOW TO A HETHEN LIKE YOU, THIS MIGHT BE ACCEPTABLE LANGUAGE, TO A CHRISTIAN ,IT IS NOT!!!!
Michael

Canada

#413074 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY says..........

.... Today, there is a Priest shortage due to lack of interest.

MICHAEL says........thats a BIGGIE!....lack of interest!!

Lack of interest seems to be growing.

There might be 1.168 Billion baptized catholics but when far less than half even care anymore, something is WRONG BIG TIME!
Michael

Canada

#413075 Jan 3, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>DEFENDING MYSELF FROM THE LIKES OF YOU IS NOT BULLYING.
YOU INLCUDED MY NAME TO REGGIE JUST FOR ONE REASON AND THAT WAS TO GET A RESPONSE FROM ME.
so dont play games with reggie and I , both of us are to smart for It.
AND fyi, ROLLING AROUND ON THE FLOOR LIKE A VOODOO PARTICIPANT DOESNT ASSURE YOU OF HEAVEN EITHER.
PRESTON, do you have any friends, on here? Doesn't seem like it. To you everyone is either a LIAR or a HIPOCRITE.

Its a good thing your OK, we wouldn't want anyone to think you could do anything wrong.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#413076 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
To answer your question: It matters nothing.
If ten thousand Priest form a union and split, it means nada. They are free to leave anytime. The Church will still be there tomorrow. They do not form their doctrine based on popular opinion or cultural influence.
You must have mistaken the CC for Protestantism.
In Ireland 200 yrs ago Priests were scarce. The Protestants rounded them all up and killed em. Yet, Mass was still celebrated. The Holy Spirit still found away to get the Irish the Holy Eucharist.
You're in a losing battle trying to take down the Catholic Church Mike.
He is trying to save the RCC.
Michael

Canada

#413077 Jan 3, 2013
Like clock work every christmas. All the catholics on here wishing everyone a merry christmas and peace on earth crap, and then a very few days later after the tree is down and the nativity scene boxed away again, out come the back stabbing hateful comments by the catholics towards the protestants.

Nothing has changed!.........until 3 days before christmas 2013 and the nice talking catholics will once again be joyful.

HOLY CRAP!
preston

Athens, OH

#413078 Jan 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Tony are having a tough time answering my uestion
Again my question was is there a chance that a child attending a catholic festivals who sees adults drinking become an under age drinker themselves?
Yes or No will do...
how could any person answer that question, chuck?

I myself had a father who loved his beer, enough in fact, that Preaching was not as important to him as a Black label,

yet I have never drank a bottle of beer, and my brother, very seldom even as a adult.

and while in pain for his cancer, he wanted a beer and my mom would cry but would have someone buy it for him, But she never asked me to get one for him, since I had only been Born Again for around a year.

thanks be to God, he got out of his death bed and asked for Mercy from the God that he shunned for many years, and that was how my mom found him in the early morning.

His son never drank nor did his dad.

why did he?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 33 min gundee123 4,940
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 47 min Clearwater 70,139
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr _Drifter 974,644
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jake999 282,886
i need a man to get me pregnant no strings atta... (Dec '12) 2 hr good guy with love 71
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr Poppyann 2,994
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Jake999 45,581
More from around the web