Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599312 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#412827 Jan 2, 2013
who="ReginaM"
Yes, you "re-posted" a web link provided by an atheist who's obsessed with the Catholic Church, re-posted it twice I might add, without bothering to ask a Catholic about it first. My point exactly.
Ditto regarding what you've "seen with your own eyes". Much better for you to publicly announce that a "nun" snuck behind a curtain or went into an adjacent room where she thought no one could see her so she could guzzle the communion wine. Um, yeah, we've been more than patient with you. Waaaay more.

Re-posted it TWICE? Come on, tell the truth...

KM
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412828 Jan 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
um .. why would I have egg on my face. I only heard of one. That was the truth. Basically, is not even discussed. I never once heard a priest stand up and preach it. I was never once taught it in grade school. And I know for a fact the CC does not require any of us to believe it.
So what's your problem?
#1: Confront the fraud.

#2: Become a real faith, instead of a banker and a country that relies on diplomatic immunity to avoid accountability.

Local Catholic churches are great. The Vatican itself, and outdated but deified cultural norms are the problem.

The Western World could use a good institution to promote virtue. The world has had its fill of meaningless dogma and fraud. The church doesn't build itself up by knocking down others.

Put the "only true church" thing away. It makes no sense, especially when you look at who has been the leader in justice and human rights for the past 235 years.

Get on board as an equal -- not pointing fingers from your phony pedestal.

That will be $50. Come back again next week.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412829 Jan 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey thanks for that link. Now I've heard of 4 total Eucharistic Miracles!
I like the one in Sienna, Italy. Hosts preserved without deterioration for 250 yrs. Amazing.
Glad I can teach you about your dubious church "tradition."

Yes, amazing.

So save souls and give us the proof -- or denounce the fraud.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#412830 Jan 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM"
Yes, you "re-posted" a web link provided by an atheist who's obsessed with the Catholic Church, re-posted it twice I might add, without bothering to ask a Catholic about it first. My point exactly.
Ditto regarding what you've "seen with your own eyes". Much better for you to publicly announce that a "nun" snuck behind a curtain or went into an adjacent room where she thought no one could see her so she could guzzle the communion wine. Um, yeah, we've been more than patient with you. Waaaay more.
Have fun with your imaginative stories.
KM
Are you now denying you said this?

You should repent, Kay. That's what Christians do.

Definition of REPENT
: to turn from sin and dedicate oneself to the amendment of one's life
a : to feel regret or contrition

Definition of PENITENT
: feeling or expressing humble or regretful pain or sorrow for sins or offenses : repentant

Definition of PENANCE
: an act of self-abasement, mortification, or devotion performed to show sorrow or repentance for sin

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#412831 Jan 2, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> And that he ordered slaves to be beaten and killed.
Why do you add in sh*t that I didn't say?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#412832 Jan 2, 2013
I think I've made up my mind this time. I've hoped for some reasonable discussion on the issues, but all I get is 'liar', etc.

I hope that you discover the truth.

The Pope is NOT Jesus.

KayMarie

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#412833 Jan 2, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> You're holding on to 1 scripture and avoiding the other ones I post. What you're saying is that Jehovah is cool with slave beatings and killings. I'm trying to point out other scriptures to show you that he had rights for them. They had privaleges...but you want to take that 1 scripture and squeeze the juice out of it.
What does this say?

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

If the slave suffered for two days and then died, was the master punished?

No!

You owned the slave?

Was the slave property?

Do you think that owning another human is right?

Why can't you beat a slave today?

Simple: Man's laws trump all gods' laws.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#412834 Jan 2, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Also, it would appear that for the master to have been considered free of guilt the beating could not have been administered with a lethal instrument, as would have signified intent to kill.(Compare Nu. 35:16-18.) Therefore if a slave lingered for a day or 2, there should be reasonable question as to whether the death resulted from chastisement. A beating with a rod, for example, would not normaly be fatal, as shown by the statement in Proverbs 23:13 "Do not hold back the discipline from the mere boy. In case you beat him with a rod he will not die."
ROTFLMAO! Change your god's words, I don't care! LOL!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#412835 Jan 2, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> BlackSheep when you have time read Numbers 35: 16-18
When you have time, read

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Then come up with a twist to make it sound not evil! LOL! Oops, you already tried that!

The thing that I love about the bible is; you can find a verse to support to denounce any stance you want to take! It was written that way for a reason! That is also the reason the layman was not supposed to have the holy book or scroll in his possession. DUH!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#412836 Jan 2, 2013
I think I've made up my mind this time. I've hoped for some reasonable discussion on the issues, but all I get is 'liar', etc.
The Pope is NOT Jesus.
KayMarie
I like that! You lie but you don't want anyone else to lie! Rich! Very Rich!
Clay

United States

#412838 Jan 2, 2013
The Pope is NOT Jesus.
KayMarie
They called you liar... You disagreed ..

THEN

you said "I hope you discover the truth, The Pope is not Jesus".

What?? Kay, are you implying we think the Pope is Jesus?
If you are (and I think you are) implying this... It would be a lie. That is not ok to do that. I hope to God you don't actually preach this to others.
Fun Facts

Midland, MI

#412839 Jan 2, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad I can teach you about your dubious church "tradition."
Yes, amazing.
So save souls and give us the proof -- or denounce the fraud.
you may have overlooked...

http://bible.cc/john/10-38.htm

Questions?

http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/l...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#412840 Jan 2, 2013
who="Robert F"
Hello KayMarie
I hope all is well with you and your husband. And may God be gracious to you both.
Concerning the Sacraments, I think of them as connecting points between heaven and earth, through which God's Grace works....
And this is especially true of what you call "repenting". Well, you know it is called something else in the RC Church..., The Sacrament of Reconciliation.
Well, the Sacrament of Baptism in the RCC is a one time event. But the problem is that even after one repents and is baptised, there is occassion(and for myself, many, many occasions) on which I have sinned after Baptism....
In the RCC one does not keep repenting, because one is not getting baptized over and over. Rather one comes to God sorrowful for committing sin, asks for forgiveness, resolves not to commit sin, and receives forgiveness and does penance.
It is a pretty well defined formula, but it really does rest on the fact of being a heartfelt confession. And more or less, this is what the Protestant and Catholic have in common hear. It must be of the heart, and not merely some intellectual exercise.
Problems arise when the intellect and heart are not in harmony. And that is because of the natural man's tendency toward sin, and the battle of the spiritual and natural man takes place....
I understand, and pretty much agree with you. I would not include 'penance' however, because that appears that we can 'pay' for forgiveness.
KayMarie
KayMarie

God's grace and peace....

There is a problem with penance, like you write....

Another way to say it is, that saying a few Hail Mary's and Our Father's is going to be enough to "pay" back for sins committed. And the answer for me is, "No." There is no real way to repay God for his Grace and Mercy.

So for this reason, one must resolve to not sin. And the best way so far is to practice in a practical way works of mercy(feeding the hungry, thirst, clothing the poor, visiting the sick, prisoners, helping the stranger) which lead to virtue, and gets one out of the bad habits of sinful ways, or practice some devotion.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#412841 Jan 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
THEN
If you are (and I think you are) implying this... It would be a lie. That is not ok to do that. I hope to God you don't actually preach this to others.
So what she said is she's not a liar, and then proceeded to tell a lie. LOL!

She's a hopeless bigot. Her definition of a "reasonable discussion" is to let her say whatever she darn well pleases, whether it's true or not, and then pout when she's called on it. If she didn't lie, then she wouldn't be called a liar. Simple. Even a child can understand it.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412842 Jan 2, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
you may have overlooked...
http://bible.cc/john/10-38.htm
Questions?
http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/l...
Fun, you jumped in late.

You say you have proof? OK, the RCC claims tested samples years ago, and surprise -- it's human heart tissue.

So do again. Only now we have DNA and other forensic tests that can tell us much more.

Sure, it's human heart tissue.(I wonder if anyone was murdered?)

So why not test again and show us that all these miracles contain the same DNA???

What's so odd about such a request?

Again -- the RCC tested in the 1970's, so do it again with the amazing new science that God has only recently revealed to us?

We BOTH know the answer to that question, don't we.
marge

Ames, IA

#412843 Jan 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
THEN
Well it's true you listen to the Pope and put his word ahead of the Word of God, what are we suppose to think?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#412844 Jan 2, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this say?
If the slave suffered for two days and then died, was the master punished?
No!
You owned the slave?
Was the slave property?
Do you think that owning another human is right?
Why can't you beat a slave today?
Simple: Man's laws trump all gods' laws.
TBS

You love beating people with this verse.

And when they give you reasons not to beat. You don't listen, and you could care less to understand. Instead, in a frenzy, you do it all the more.

You are a real man....

You live by man's law.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/arch...

This law was given to the people, through Moses, by God because of the hardness of their hearts....And you have proved it.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412846 Jan 2, 2013
The RCC claims to have done "scientific tests" on two or more real-presence miracle Eucharists.

But those tests were all done in the 1970's and early 1980's -- before DNA and other amazing forensic techniques -- which are accepted as evidence in a Court of Law today.

So why not help to save souls by testing anew, using this far more advanced science?

Isn't that why God revealed so much to mankind anyhow?

RCC -- time to put up or shut up.

If you claim spiritual superiority, then stop hiding and prove it.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#412847 Jan 2, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it's true you listen to the Pope and put his word ahead of the Word of God, what are we suppose to think?
Huh?? We put the Popes word ahead of the word of God?

I can officially call you a liar too. Because, you are well aware by now, of the Church's teachings. So when you throw silly stuff like that out, its deliberately being deceitful, and you know it.
marge

Ames, IA

#412848 Jan 2, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
So what she said is she's not a liar, and then proceeded to tell a lie. LOL!
She's a hopeless bigot. Her definition of a "reasonable discussion" is to let her say whatever she darn well pleases, whether it's true or not, and then pout when she's called on it. If she didn't lie, then she wouldn't be called a liar. Simple. Even a child can understand it.
Excuse me Regina but day after day we show you from the Bible where and how the catholic teaching is wrong and misguided, which clearly proves to everyone you follow the pope rather than the Word.

She did not lie but is showing you the truth because she loves you and cares what happens to you, the opposite of a bigot dear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 7 min ChristineM 1,898
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min It aint necessari... 863,669
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Pegasus 272,398
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 32 min Halle Berry Sister 2,762
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 35 min dollarsbill 6,336
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 38 min RiccardoFire 40,843
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 39 min andet1987 6,287
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 612,885
More from around the web