Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688786 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Garden City, MI

#412979 Jan 3, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone help Clay with reality. His head is spinning in circles.
Answer: It became the State religion of Rome for starters.
Answer: The RCC became a sovereign country with its own bank -- thanks to Saint Mussolini.
Answer: The RCC never "stared down" the Soviet Union. What are you even talking about?
Again... no one can honestly rationalize why Jesus would want a church with its own bank, and diplomatic immunity.
You must think Jesus' last act as a free man on earth meant nothing. That dang Jesus guy keeps getting in the way of your Church mission. Go figure?
true, my head spins in circles when talking with you. I never understand your points. You repeat them 30 plus times a day and I still do not understand what parallels you're trying to draw.

I know you hate the Church. And that is first and foremost on your mind whenever you post. But half the time you make no fricken sense. One true one true one true..child abuse child abuse child abuse Eucharistic miracles Blah Blah.

eh, the Cathedral of Saint Paul opens up its doors every winter to the Homeless in the twin cities. While I'll be feeding them during my shift in the coming weeks- you'll be spreading trash about this Church along with Michael. You'll be shoving Cheetoes in your mouth and mocking Catholics.
So I ask you...what do you do for the less fortunate in your neighborhood?
That's what I thought, free. Nothing.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#412980 Jan 3, 2013
How brainwashed are Catholics?

How brainwashed do you have to be -- to believe that Cardinal Law is spiritually superior to heretics like George Washington or Abe Lincoln?

Pretty darn brainwashed.

They must start in nearly childhood.
Michael

Canada

#412981 Jan 3, 2013
Imagine how many boxes of kraft dinner could be bought for the poor people with the available wealth the catholic church holds?

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive....

....every week the call goes out! We need more money.

Michael

Canada

#412982 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
true, my head spins in circles when talking with you. I never understand your points. You repeat them 30 plus times a day and I still do not understand what parallels you're trying to draw.
I know you hate the Church. And that is first and foremost on your mind whenever you post. But half the time you make no fricken sense. One true one true one true..child abuse child abuse child abuse Eucharistic miracles Blah Blah.
eh, the Cathedral of Saint Paul opens up its doors every winter to the Homeless in the twin cities. While I'll be feeding them during my shift in the coming weeks- you'll be spreading trash about this Church along with Michael. You'll be shoving Cheetoes in your mouth and mocking Catholics.
Clay says......true, my head spins in circles when talking with you.

Michael says.....Its obvious you are having a problem with your head. Spinning in circles is not a good sign. NOPE!

.....and you the HEAD SPINNER is judging others? I am not laughing, you have a serious problem.

UNBELIEVABLE!
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#412983 Jan 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again my question was is there a chance that a child attending a catholic festivals who sees adults drinking become an under age drinker themselves?
Yes or No will do...
last time I checked...alcohol has killed ALOT more teenagers than cheeseburgers wouldn't you say Tony.
Alcohol in and of itself is not an addictive substance. If it were, everyone who drank would be an alcoholic.

Many cultures, Europeans for instance, introduce wine to their children at a very young age since it's often served at meals. I don't believe they have a higher rate of alcoholism than anyone else. The forbidden is always attractive especially to teenagers. Teaching them responsibility is more effective than pretending alcohol doesn't exist. Demonizing it will only make them desire it all the more. In those circumstances the chance for abuse becomes higher.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#412984 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked in one also, Dan. Everyone who drinks does not become an alcoholic. I'm afraid Chuck is misinformed. He is and always will be an alcoholic. He prefers to believe what makes him feel better, than what actually is. That's dangerous for one who has such a problem.
You still don't get it do you. I'm not talking about drinking in moderation. There is no biblical proof that says an adult cannot have a beer. I'm talking about drinking in front of children at a catholic church festival.

Just like everything else in your church...you're blind.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#412985 Jan 3, 2013
Regina: Born Again continued--------

So the fact that I can say I was born again-is that I know when it happened,and where,under what circumstances. Some people claim they do not know,but have a vital and wonderful faith in Christ,with spiritual life and so on.But that does not mean they were not born-again,although the semantics might be a stumbling block to them in any event.

But I know personally that my mind was a trap of sin and confusion in one given day,and after I fell on my knees before Him alone in a boarding house,my own room,in Wisconsin 1968.I prayed for Him to come into my life,I had such bitterness of soul and I repented of it,asked the Lord to forgive me of my sins.

The Holy Spirit brought to my mind the hatred I had in my heart toward my father and other members of his family.I asked the Lord to forgive me of that,and I also forgave them,although years later I would have to forgive them again,with more clarity.But I did,and the floodgates of deep moaning and weeping came over me.I might have been in that room on my knees for three hours at least before I was able to get up and experience what I did later.

After the weeping and moaning subsided,and I confessed all in my mind to Him,I was like a feather in weight.The burden of my soul was released,it was so obvious to me that He answered my prayer.That He met my need as a repentant sinner.

The Words of Scripture became alive as I was reading John 3,and for a first,I realized what being born-again was,and it is locked up in the Biblical mystery of faith,we all need as believers.That is why Jesus told us we must be BORN-AGAIN.Some Bible translations say Born-Anew.

Not that I became a theologian,or that I completely understood the Bible,or that I now was better than I was before being born-again,but that I entered into the labor pangs of life with God.We can easily understand through the semantics of the cycle of birth what it is to be born again.

And knowing that cycle of course not like a woman would know,but the procedure of birth,we spiritually follow a similar pattern in being born-again. Being born from ABOVE,rather than remaining in the flesh,not knowing the revelation of Christ in God.

But it is so important that every believer knows that being born-again is just the beginning,it is not a continual state.No baby stays one,they grow,and nurture into toddlers,than adolescents,and eventually adults,which spiritually has to be quite an advancement in understanding and wisdom.

BUT the truth be known not many get pass the Bottle of milk,and do not nurture into the adult of being a believer who is ready to be a soldier for Christ,not just a follower.

However as I know when I was born physically,I know when I was born spiritually,and both simultaneous to my own development as a solder for Christ,even though it looks like I am but in a retirement stage because of age and years.

Nevertheless,I know that being born-again is no result of being baptized as an infant,but a confrontation with the Lord who bought me with a great price,and who is not settled with my being in the dark spiritually.He causes the circumstances of how we enter that born-again experience,even though we do not see all the facts leading up to it.

Every believer must encounter HIM,and it depends on being made aware of His purpose for each and every one of us.The purpose of HIS life in us,the Hope of glory.

Once one experiences this,and not an emotional feeling,but the reality of the Bible being fulfilled in YOU and ME,that opens the door to spiritual life,but the process,and journey is different and troubling,and not without the suffering of Christ.

It is this born-again experience,and the confirmation of Biblical truth in that experience which constrains me to HIM,not to a menu of theological beliefs.It is HE who works in us and the Born-Again is the beginning,the DOOR.

Continued:
Clay

Garden City, MI

#412986 Jan 3, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
How brainwashed do you have to be -- to believe that Cardinal Law is spiritually superior to heretics like George Washington or Abe Lincoln?
Pretty darn brainwashed.
...lol. Again, half the time we don't know what you're talking about or the parallel you're trying to make.
I need to sit down now. My head is spinning.
Michael

Canada

#412987 Jan 3, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Pretty darn brainwashed.
........and former Cardinal Law gets paid $10,000 a month, plus perks.6884

Who said clergy aren't well paid?

I am coming back as a priest in my next life.

....... Don't have to worry about a nagging wife or changing dirty bratty kids diapers,..... a salary, benefits, health plan, pension, thousands in stipends, no heavy lifting, never go on strike, get buried in select plot in the catholic cemetery.

Look what we are missing?(lol)
Michael

Canada

#412988 Jan 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You still don't get it do you. I'm not talking about drinking in moderation. There is no biblical proof that says an adult cannot have a beer. I'm talking about drinking in front of children at a catholic church festival.
Just like everything else in your church...you're blind.
It doesn't have to be a church festival.

If at every mass the priest can drink wine in front of all the catholic children in the pews, whats the problem?

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#412989 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Alcohol in and of itself is not an addictive substance. If it were, everyone who drank would be an alcoholic.
Many cultures, Europeans for instance, introduce wine to their children at a very young age since it's often served at meals. I don't believe they have a higher rate of alcoholism than anyone else. The forbidden is always attractive especially to teenagers. Teaching them responsibility is more effective than pretending alcohol doesn't exist. Demonizing it will only make them desire it all the more. In those circumstances the chance for abuse becomes higher.
You and Tony are having a tough time answering my uestion

Again my question was is there a chance that a child attending a catholic festivals who sees adults drinking become an under age drinker themselves?
Yes or No will do...
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#412990 Jan 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you crush this man with such tommyrot?(Same reason that you crush others.
He is not an alcoholic.
The man is addicted to alcohol. He will never be able to drink again. He is an alcoholic.

Why are you enabling him? It could lead to his destruction. Everyday he must choose not to drink. You are telling him it's all right because he's not an alcoholic. It is you who are crushing him, not I.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#412991 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, I hear the bells toll (not).

Can't you be a good person and good Christian -- without claiming your church's moral superiority to 99% of America's Founders?

You are posting under this topic -- and I am here to refute the absurd claim.

I defend children.

I defend Jesus.

I defend Mary.

I defend America.

I defend America's founders.

You persecute me with lies for doing so.

You can't fool us. You are probably going out to beat up nuns on Vatican orders.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#412992 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope is in CHARGE of all the cardinals and bishops. He is the top banana, the CEO of the catholic church, and NO ONE CAN QUESTION [email protected] and he CAN'T ever be thrown out of office, or lose his title no matter how bad he @#CKS UP!
I am sure the Pope lacks nothing. I don't have a butler, maid, speech writer, or car driver, or swiss army guards watching for my safety.
Power, is what drives most leaders......wealth just comes with the title.
I am sure that Donald Trump, Bill Gates or Warren Buffet could never spend the BILLIONS they have, but having it gives them the ultimate power of control and arrogance that no one else can have.
I didn't realize you were so passionate about this.

I assume then, you sold your material things and gave to the poor? lol.
Of course you didn't and you never will. Hypocrite!

But don't worry Michael, we Catholics will take care of our fellow man...you just sit right there in your recliner chair and trash Catholics all day!
loser.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#412993 Jan 3, 2013
Continued: Regina Born-Again.

Bishop Sheen often alluded to that awakening in the soul in his teachings,whether he limited it to a n infant baptism initiation of sorts,I am not aware,but he knew personally what it was to be born again,and I doubt that he would allude to it if every Catholic was convinced in their soul that such awakened them as well.

It is not an experience that isolates to Protestant or Catholic or Orthodoxy,but to the soul which is called by God to KNOW His Son.Repentance is required,and a believing,and faith,but the Spirit brings about the rebirth,and it is not physical,nor emeshed in the flesh,but Spiritual life,and the beginning of the Eternal life with Christ.

Does it require discipline in KEEPING it stirred up and alive,YES,and most of all it needs the Baptism of fire from the Holy Spirit,later to bring the same soul to the needed MATURITY,God calls us to to serve Him.He does not send a Baby t o do a Man's or woman's work.

Regina,the born-again life requires us to enter into HIM,and that is a life of Jesus,living,Jesus'suffering,J esus crucified,Jesus Died,and finally Jesus resurrected,and IN HIM we live and have our being.NOT possible without being born-again.

Trash the idea that it is some Protestant concoction,it is not,it is the beginning of the rest of your life in Christ.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#412994 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
...lol. Again, half the time we don't know what you're talking about or the parallel you're trying to make.
I need to sit down now. My head is spinning.
Stop running away. These are the teachings and in fact, actions of your church.

Cardinal Law good.

Heretics like Lincoln bad.

So Lincoln is murdered, while Law is coddled.

Shame on the RCC.
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#412995 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
So REGINA M. the knower of all that is alcohol, you have informed us about your expertise about Chuck, so what advice do you have for Father Dye?
Fr. Dye seems to be doing just fine as he takes his disease seriously. He doesn't use it to attack others, he takes responsibility for his actions.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#412996 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the catholic church have to worry about wine at communion? Catholics believe the wine turns into the Blood of Jesus.
Nothing to worry about at all.
~~~

Jesus did not serve fomented wine in the upper Room..

FACT IS HE DID NOT CALL IT WINE

His words were

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mat 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this -->fruit of the vine,<<---

until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

The blood of grapes was symbolic of the Blood of Jesus.

NOTE
WHAT JESUS SAID WAS RECORDED IN THREE OF THE FOUR GOSPELS

Mat_26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this -->fruit of the vine,<-- until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Mar_14:25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the
--> fruit of the vine,<--- until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

Luk_22:18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of -->the fruit of the vine,<-- until the kingdom of God shall come.

==>JESUS REFERRED TO HIMSELF AS THE VINE IN

Joh_15:4 ==> Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

AND HE MADE IT MORE SPECIFIC IN..SAID HE IS THE VINE..

Joh_15:5 ==>I am the vine, ye are the branches:<== He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:

for without me ye can do nothing.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#412997 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
........and former Cardinal Law gets paid $10,000 a month, plus perks.6884
Who said clergy aren't well paid?
I am coming back as a priest in my next life.
....... Don't have to worry about a nagging wife or changing dirty bratty kids diapers,..... a salary, benefits, health plan, pension, thousands in stipends, no heavy lifting, never go on strike, get buried in select plot in the catholic cemetery.
Look what we are missing?(lol)
That works out to $10 per month for every child-rape that he cover-up..

The RCC couldn't pay me enough. I prefer to protect young boys from the likes of Law and his crew.
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#412998 Jan 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Tony are having a tough time answering my uestion
Yes or No will do...
No.

Your premise is illogical. It's a straw man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 3 min Johnny 12
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr NutSoDivineMsM 37,089
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aerobatty 988,536
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 2 hr oneear69 11
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 3 hr Johnny 19
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr My opinion 6,549
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr oneear69 121,925
More from around the web