Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,269
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#412707 Jan 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who=" Anthony MN"
Bigot
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
You didn't just make a mistake about the verse, your hatred and disdain for the pope and the Catholic Church was the reason you posted the insult of the pope to begin with. And it was out of ignorance that you didn't know what the verse was.
And still even now, you obstinately refuse to acknowledge the motivation for your post. Yes Kay, you are an ignorant bigot. And it is not a Christian attribute. You talk the talk, but your behavior is shameful.
Self portrait, Anthony? You know NOTHING of what I am. But you announce your wicked imaginations against me with out shame BECAUSE you have to defend the CC. One would think that they are 'god' to you.
KayMarie
You're angry that one of "those CATHOLICS" called you out for your shameful behavior. If I was a protestant, you'd have admitted it a long time ago. That's fine Kay, I know what you are, and your response tells me you know it too.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#412708 Jan 1, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Do you mind me asking what teachings you didn't like? Was it the trinity, burning in hell forever? Give all your money to the pastor, folks speaking in tongues? Sounds like you are searching for truths but haven't found satisfying answers. I don't mind answering your questions if you let me:oD ...seriously give me a chance. Just don't call me the *B* word:o)
Why do you follow a god like this:

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#412709 Jan 1, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
More slander and unfounded accusation. Tell us Kay, who were these people that were trying to 'preach it'? What do you have to prove your statement here? Or is it just the nature of bigots to throw out unprovable trash talk?
Never heard of the Inquisitions?
KM
LOL!!!

Do you even know who the Inquisition was directed at? Obviously you don't because to admit that you identify with them would be to admit you are not a Christian.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#412710 Jan 1, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
You're angry that one of "those CATHOLICS" called you out for your shameful behavior. If I was a protestant, you'd have admitted it a long time ago. That's fine Kay, I know what you are, and your response tells me you know it too.

I think they call that 'double-speak'...

You know nothing of what I am.

KayMarie

#412711 Jan 1, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
LOL!!!
Do you even know who the Inquisition was directed at? Obviously you don't because to admit that you identify with them would be to admit you are not a Christian.

So you admit that the CC was killing their opposition? Then you infer that I am ashamed of those who suffered for the truth? Then you say that those people were not Christians...so it was all right to kill them!!!

I don't know all their names, but I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for IT IS the power of God unto salvation.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#412712 Jan 1, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
I think they call that 'double-speak'...
You know nothing of what I am.
KayMarie
I know, based on your episode of insulting the pope and refusing to admit it was wrong, by your use of the phrase "you Catholics" and many other instances, that you are a bigot. No question. If you want to pretend otherwise, be my guest, but you don't fool me.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#412713 Jan 1, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
LOL!!!
So you admit that the CC was killing their opposition? Then you infer that I am ashamed of those who suffered for the truth? Then you say that those people were not Christians...so it was all right to kill them!!!
I don't know all their names, but I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for IT IS the power of God unto salvation.
Your ignorance is astounding.

Yes, people were killed in the Inquisitions, but they were NOT CHRISTIANS.(just like protestants killed their "opposition" who WERE Christians). Again, the classic bigot, who out of ignorance sticks obstinately to her guns, in spite of the evidence to the contrary.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412714 Jan 1, 2013
4GVN wrote:
The bread and wine do not turn into the literal body and blood of Christ.
Catholics oftern say thier view is supported by Luke 22: 19,20, where Jesus told the disciples that the bread and wine are His body and blood.
BUT notice that Jesus was 'physically present' with them when He said this. OBVIOUSLY He intended His words to be taken figuratively.
Jesus often used figurative language. In fact, at the end of His upper-room discourse, He acknowledged this: "These things I have spoken to you in 'figurative language'(John 16:25. This is consistant with His intended meaning of the Lord's supper: "do this in rememberance of Me" Luke 22:19.
Jesus came to earth and took on human flesh. That human flesh is not omnipresent. When Jesus walked this earth as a man He was subject to the limits of physical flesh.
As theologian Millard Erickson notes, "To believe that Jesus was two places at once is something of a denial of the incarnation, whih limited His physical human nature to one location."
The Catholic Church claims to have physical evidence (approved miracles) in the form of Eucharists that supposedly turned into actual human heart tissue --- the actual flesh of Jesus.

Simple DNA tests could offer proof, if they were all the same DNA.

But that's the last thing these mystics want, because they know it's all a fraud.

What a bunch of phonies!!!

A cheap dog and pony show, so the true believers can better delude themselves, nothing more.

http://ivarfjeld.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/euc...

#412715 Jan 1, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
I know, based on your episode of insulting the pope and refusing to admit it was wrong, by your use of the phrase "you Catholics" and many other instances, that you are a bigot. No question. If you want to pretend otherwise, be my guest, but you don't fool me.

I am a bigot if I say,'you catholics', but you can say that Protestants are 'of the devil'...and YOU are 'good guys'?

LOL

KayMarie
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#412716 Jan 1, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you follow a god like this:
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
Because there is more to that scripture. There is so much info I can give you on this, don't even know where to begin. If you learn more on it you will see that slaves had protection and privaleges. Although a master could beat his slave, the slave depending upon the judges, was to be avenged. God did not intend for anyone to be slaves of anyone but he did give them rights. Certain privilages were granted to slaves by terms of law: All male slaves were circumcised (Ex 12:44; compare Ge 17:22) they could eat the the passover, and slaves of the priest could eat holy things. The info and understanding of the slave situtation can on for weeks.
truth

Perth, Australia

#412717 Jan 1, 2013
strike with disease
strike with poverty

many unworthy strike some killers..

wish=desire to have or kill or love..your leaders choose before..someone ...always someone.
truth

Perth, Australia

#412718 Jan 1, 2013
you can be judge for yourself eye for eye teeth for teeth..by

#412719 Jan 1, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
Your ignorance is astounding.
Yes, people were killed in the Inquisitions, but they were NOT CHRISTIANS.(just like protestants killed their "opposition" who WERE Christians). Again, the classic bigot, who out of ignorance sticks obstinately to her guns, in spite of the evidence to the contrary.

So it's alright for CC's to kill those who are NOT Christian??? Thou shalt not kill, is meant for everyone. Catholics are not exempt.

No, you mean that the CC declares that those killed were not Christians, just as they declare that Protestants killed Catholics who WERE Christian?

World history tells a different story...
Could it be that the CC is lying?:)

KayMarie
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#412720 Jan 1, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Because there is more to that scripture. There is so much info I can give you on this, don't even know where to begin. If you learn more on it you will see that slaves had protection and privaleges. Although a master could beat his slave, the slave depending upon the judges, was to be avenged. God did not intend for anyone to be slaves of anyone but he did give them rights. Certain privilages were granted to slaves by terms of law: All male slaves were circumcised (Ex 12:44; compare Ge 17:22) they could eat the the passover, and slaves of the priest could eat holy things. The info and understanding of the slave situtation can on for weeks.
At times slaves held a position of great trust and honor in a household. The patriarch Abraham's aged servant (likely Eliezer) managed all his master's possesions.(Genesis 24:2; 15: 2,3)
truth

Perth, Australia

#412721 Jan 1, 2013
When time come with pleasure entire system will go..
one cooking bread.
cry cry cry baby

Creator can recreated anything..did someone need you?
nooooooooooo
then..why you complain?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#412722 Jan 1, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Because there is more to that scripture. There is so much info I can give you on this, don't even know where to begin.
No, there is that scripture and that is enough to understand what is going on. That scripture very clearly states that a beaten slave much suffer for a day or two. That right there should give you a clue, "a day or two", wouldn't a god be more precise? Wouldn't a god who declared, thou shall not kill, think that killing a slave was wrong?
Aviela wrote:
Although a master could beat his slave,
to death!! Don't drop it like a hot potato! Deal with it. You god said that a master could beat his slave to death!
Aviela wrote:
God did not intend
Then your god is fallible.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412723 Jan 1, 2013
Proof of RCC's "Real Presence" claim......

truth

Perth, Australia

#412724 Jan 1, 2013
who is smart diploma..o you scribe pharisee this and that..who are you..nothing and nobody..
Who say that please?
meeeeeeee
Whoooooo
meeeeeeeeee
where are you..who are you after all..
pardon corupt nice lips..

With your mind and diploma you produce everything
good and very bad things ..you complain to yourself to human civilization which created as it is..you looking yourself as human nature still not believe why is like that.

God is full of Mercy.
truth

Perth, Australia

#412725 Jan 1, 2013
When day come they will strike this planet harder then ever..your single or group or tribe or nation issue..not worthy.
Not at all.

We can be entirely and complete reject.

God is full of Mercy.

#412726 Jan 1, 2013
who="Free Mind" Proof of RCC's "Real Presence" claim......

Everyone should view/read this site.

KM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min WildWeirdWillie 175,592
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Aura Mytha 774,662
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 7 min barrettj69 231
SEAL U.S.BORDERS-Cults! 12 min SEAL OUR BORDERS-... 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min lovewithin 39,340
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 33 min MUQ1 37,803
Snapchat nudes. Girls add me and will send back... (May '14) 33 min fordracer92 33
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 44 min Dr_Zorderz 265,055
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 53 min Peace_Warrior 604,892
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr joe 441,761
More from around the web