Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
397,521 - 397,540 of 533,781 Comments Last updated 33 min ago
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412629
Jan 1, 2013
 
........Does John 1:1 prove that Jesus is God?...

What is it that these translators are seeing in the Greek text that moves some of them to refrain from saying "the Word was God"? The definite article (the) appears before the first occurance (the-os'(God) but not before the second....to be continued....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412630
Jan 1, 2013
 
who="ReginaM"
Another one who'll attack a Catholic but give a wide pass to Jesus being called a retarded jerk and His mother a narcissistic slut by one of the forum atheists all because he's just as much an anti-Catholic bigot as you are. Clay happens to be right, so you would do well to mind your own business and stop making trouble.

**********

Shameful, Regina. You know that Protestants do not agree with such trash. You might find some Westboro types who are hateful and mean, but they are un-real.

I wouldn't even write or speak such words.

KayMarie
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412631
Jan 1, 2013
 
......The article (when the article appears) construction of the noun points to an identity, a personality, whereas a singular verb arnathrous (without the article) predicate noun before the verb (as the sentence is constructed in Greek) points to a quality about someone. So the text is not saying that the Word (Jesus) was the same as the God with whom he was but, rather, that the Word was godlike, divine, a god......to be continued....

My fingers need a break. I'll be back!:oD

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412632
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

who="preston" oh, I have never felt guilty about anything that I have said to gif or about him.
WHEN A PERSON SPEAKS THE TRUTH(and the truth is never negative), THEY DONT HAVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR IT SINCE THE TRUTH DOESNT NEED TO BE APOLOGIZED FOR.
and to help you out, this is jsut a forum and I seldom ever get angry, even at your ignorance and kibbitzing. I realize that you have some sort of mental unbalance as everyone can easily recognize

**********
You say that (the truth is never negative)?

Then you tell someone that they have mental unbalance because they don't agree with you?

So much for "speaking the truth IN LOVE..."

KayMarie
KayMarie
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412633
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

......what did the apostle mean John mean when he wrote John 1:1 Did he mean that Jesus is himself God or perhaps that Jesus is one God with the father? In the same chapter, 18,......to be continued....
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412634
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I'll come back and finish explaining the John 1:1 confussion...I need a break for now....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412635
Jan 1, 2013
 
who="ReginaM"
You just judged the Catholic Church and everyone in it in order to side with someone who mocks Christ on a daily basis. He's been playing you like a fiddle and you're allowing it as he feeds the hatred within you which is destroying your soul right before our eyes. You just went to bed with satan, my dear. Preston knew better than to do something like that.

**********

Get your mind out of the gutter. Telling someone that they've 'gone to bed with satan'(just because you don't agree with them) is something that would come out of HBO.

A 'Christian' will speak in Christ like terms.

KayMarie
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412636
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="preston" to say that a person who is sick is "rude", "crude" "verbal attack" is over the top.
michael is constantly attacking everyone and that includes you when he feels like it.
to defend yourself is honorable and isnot name calling.
if this is gif, you make false accusations constantly and then when called, you hide behind your wife, which is why you dont wish for her to have her own nick, you are protected by dual usage of this forum, which is cowardly, a trait that you have mastered very well.
**********
What is your beef? What difference does it make if we have the same 'nick'? I sign every one of my posts so that there is no question as to who is writing.
He doesn't need to hide behind me. I notice that your wife is never on; is she afraid of you?
If you didn't have a guilty conscience, you would have no need to 'defend yourself'...especially from women. You mock LTM because she sometimes gets a word wrong...but when you misspell one, and someone calls attention to it, you pull the pity act about your fingers being bent.(Sorry for your pain...but you shouldn't use it to cause pain to others.)
I have nothing mean to say to or about you...but I can't be silent when you mistreat others, while crying that YOU are attacked.
KayMarie
you are correct. my wife is never on here and for that mater, many of the spouses of the regulars are not on here either, so what does that have to do with you lying constantly?

my wife works 12 hours shifts as acharge Nurse, and then she has to sleep, which leaves her very litle time for recreation, and companionship with myself and our children and grandchildren.

regardless of that, if she was on here, she wouldnt be lying like you do all of the time.

as far as my "bent fingers", that is not an excuse, it is a reason as to why I mispell words often, such as teh for the, ahve for have.at least i am not stupid enough to misspell a common word like civil and spell it "seville", or like your old man who spelled hijacked as hy jacked making it two words.lol.

I have had spelling and typing problems for many years on this forum and that is well known by those who have been on here for any length of time, and I dont use it for any "pity" that I might get on this forum, LTM has throwed up me speaking of my injuries and health problems but I had brought them up when I was asked why I wasnt on here for months over a year ago, by karen among others.

anyway, if anyone brings them up as an indictment against me, it shows how pitiful their life is, not mine. I do the best that I am able to do, my body is in terrible shape but my mind is sharp and alert, and I think God for that, and my conscience is not seared like that of you and your old man, who think nothing about lying on here and deceiving people who like LTM are as ignorant as you two are.

and I could care less if you wish to attack me if I say something to others. but WHEN I SAY SOEMTNING TO SOMEONE, IT IS AFTER THEY HAVE ATTACKED ME FIRST.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412637
Jan 1, 2013
 
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM"
You just judged the Catholic Church and everyone in it in order to side with someone who mocks Christ on a daily basis. He's been playing you like a fiddle and you're allowing it as he feeds the hatred within you which is destroying your soul right before our eyes. You just went to bed with satan, my dear. Preston knew better than to do something like that.
**********
Get your mind out of the gutter. Telling someone that they've 'gone to bed with satan'(just because you don't agree with them) is something that would come out of HBO.
A 'Christian' will speak in Christ like terms.
KayMarie
You mean like mocking the pope for saying the angels were not singing when in fact he was right and you were wrong? And then fighting for weeks to avoid admitting you were wrong? Does admitting you were wrong about a bible verse to Catholics go against your religion?

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412638
Jan 1, 2013
 
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you ignore our ACTUAL beliefs?
You're not allowed to define Apostolic succession for us. Its our belief. We get to define it.
The teachings went thru 265 Popes so far.
But the Popes themselves were ALL SINNERS. Every single one of them.
Our Lord protected the doctrine and dogma from error and the teachings Magistrium of the Church will always be without error in teachings because of this.
your right it's just your belief,no one elses, it's a creation of mans,nothing devine about it,gods church would not be full of sinners,jesus is the head of gods church and sits this very day in the holy chair where the actual spiritual church is,the one here on earth is phony as is the man (who is a criminal)sitting in the chair.the book of timothy tells you the truth yet catholics deny it,and they wrote it.or i should say copied it.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412639
Jan 1, 2013
 
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="preston" oh, I have never felt guilty about anything that I have said to gif or about him.
WHEN A PERSON SPEAKS THE TRUTH(and the truth is never negative), THEY DONT HAVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR IT SINCE THE TRUTH DOESNT NEED TO BE APOLOGIZED FOR.
and to help you out, this is jsut a forum and I seldom ever get angry, even at your ignorance and kibbitzing. I realize that you have some sort of mental unbalance as everyone can easily recognize
**********
You say that (the truth is never negative)?
Then you tell someone that they have mental unbalance because they don't agree with you?
So much for "speaking the truth IN LOVE..."
KayMarie
KayMarie
looks like you caught yourself in another lie/

here is my statement and then you add your lies to it.

ME:I realize that you have some sort of mental unbalance as everyone can easily recognize.

YOU:
Then you tell someone that they have mental unbalance{ because they don't agree with you?}

where is that in my statement?{because they dont agree with you".

why dont you quit lying? it doesnt look good for a wife of an alleged minister to be caught lying as often as you are caught. NEVER MIND, MR FRAUD GETS CAUGHT AS OFTEN AS YOU ARE.YOU TWO ARE CERTAINLY YOKED EQUALLY.LOL.

OK, NOT IT IS TIME FOR HIM TO COME ON AND SAY HE IS GOING TO SUE ME OR COMPLAIN BECAUSE I AM MISTREATING A OLD WOMAN OF 79.LOL

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412640
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Free Mind wrote:
Jesus quiz.....
How would Jesus guide His one-true church during the decades long child sex-abuse scandal?
1... Would Jesus have His Church confront the issue head-on once the first evidence emerged and His earthly vicar (the Pope) first became aware -- thus saving the souls of countless children?
or.....
2.... Would Jesus guide His church to cover-up the child abuse for decades longer, guide His church to use diplomatic immunity in order to avoid giving evidence and answering questions, and only have His church admit the truth after a police raid in Belgium seized many boxes of secret documents?
OK kids -- how much do you know about Jesus?
Reality 101 -- sorry Catholics-in-denial -- Jesus is not OK with child rape.
Sorry Catholics, but Jesus would not honor any Apostle who facilitated HUNDREDS of such crimes.
(Catholics respond; "Cardinal Law good -- the nuns are the problem, the nuns are the problem.")
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
1...yes...2..no..no cover up would of taken place they people involved would of been sent to hell or out right killed for their discusting deeds.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412641
Jan 1, 2013
 
who="preston"you are probably the biggest hypocrite that I have ever saw.
JUST A FEW WEEKS AGO, YOU VOTED FOR A MORMON

*********

And YOU did not vote...allowing a dictator communist to stay in the office.
At least the Mormon was a gentleman who did not feed at the public 'trough'.

KayMarie
Live Action

Mustang, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412642
Jan 1, 2013
 
Lets tell it like it is the church is evil....
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412643
Jan 1, 2013
 
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM"
Another one who'll attack a Catholic but give a wide pass to Jesus being called a retarded jerk and His mother a narcissistic slut by one of the forum atheists all because he's just as much an anti-Catholic bigot as you are. Clay happens to be right, so you would do well to mind your own business and stop making trouble.
**********
Shameful, Regina. You know that Protestants do not agree with such trash. You might find some Westboro types who are hateful and mean, but they are un-real.
I wouldn't even write or speak such words.
KayMarie
the other day, reggie told me to watch out for the game being played out. I knew what you were doing when you threw out that I am pretty smart with my posts.

I didnt need you to give me any credit for my posts. the neg's that I get are proof that I hit the nail on the head.

and yeahhere are some protestants on here who agree with some of teh trash spoken on this forum. LTM taking sides with Orville after he posted that he was praying for God to kill me is proof that you are lying again. but considering how ignorant LTM is, nothing surprises me coming from her, I just considered the source

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412644
Jan 1, 2013
 
hojo wrote:
African Church Mission
African Church of Jesus Christ in Kenya
African Church of the Holy Spirit
African Church The
African Congregational Church
African Covenant Church
African Disciples of Christ
African Divine Church
African Evangelical Presbyterian Ch
African Faith Tabernacle Church
African Free Presb Church of Zimbabwe
African Full Gospel Church
African Gospel Church
African Holy Zionist Church
African Independent Church of Kenya
African Independent Pentecostal Church of Africa
African Interior Church
African Methodist Church in Zimbabwe
African Methodist Episcopal Church
African Methodist Episcopal Zion Ch
African Mission of Holy Ghost Church
African National Church
African National/International Church.....
55.- 41,992 The rest of the A's through Z
41,993. Confrinting
41,994. Orville
41,995. 4GVN
41,996. OLDJG
41,997. justachristian1
41,998. New Age
41,999. Marge
42,000.+ Whomever on this forum that we missed
ALL have their own "self appointed popes and rely upon "inventing and creating" their own "modernistic" truth-- which is "predicated upon" and determined by "whichever way the political or social wind blows"---- supporting ABORTION, GAY MARRIAGE, EMBROYONIC STEM CELL RESEARCH, EUTHENASIA, HOMOSEXUALITY, WOMAN MINISTERS, and on and on and on.
The "total reliance and basis" of EVERY ONE these 42,000+ Protestant beliefs, is to aggressively attack, THE TRUTH and to judge and condemn over 2000 years of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
notice the word african a lot,why? because the church knows they can fool those poor uneducated people into joining the church,tell these people the truth about the church and you would see POPE HOJO'S list shrink in a hurry.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412645
Jan 1, 2013
 
anyone care to bet the pope never sets foot in a developed country for the rest of his term?? i'll bet a few bucks he doesn't

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412646
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

DINNER TIME!! home made chicken pot pie,can't wait,made it myself.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412647
Jan 1, 2013
 
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="preston"you are probably the biggest hypocrite that I have ever saw.
JUST A FEW WEEKS AGO, YOU VOTED FOR A MORMON
*********
And YOU did not vote...allowing a dictator communist to stay in the office.
At least the Mormon was a gentleman who did not feed at the public 'trough'.
KayMarie
another accusation{dictator communist{ that you have no proof to verify that statement.

do you and your husband realize how stupid that you two really are?

Obama was born without a'golden spoon" in his mouth like the mormon was, and he achieved the American Dream, going all the way to the White House, and for that reason,people should show him that much more respect, unlike your local chapter of the KKK, which is probably the only group that your old man could minister your peculiar brand of hatred

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412648
Jan 1, 2013
 
who="TheBlackSheep"
Why were you miserable and lonely? Do you think that every Atheists is miserable and lonely? Maybe you think most of us are just too stupid to realize how miserable and lonely we are.
When I attended church, the feeling that if I forgot to ask for forgiveness for one sin, god would send me to hell to be tortured forever, was a pretty miserable feeling!

**********

So sad that you felt that God would send you to hell for forgetting to ask forgiveness for ONE sin! Your church should have taught you that God's love and forgiveness reaches beyond our 'forgetfulness'.

So you decided to just go to hell?

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

513 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min JudgeNJury 257,110
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min Krackerjacks 115,731
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 16 min jack 461
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min dirty white boy- 722,427
GMO foods and you! 22 min Hidingfromyou 17
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 24 min Hidingfromyou 93,888
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 36 min andet1987 457
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 16 hr Megamegan 87
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••