Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,876)

Showing posts 397,501 - 397,520 of532,162
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>WHO has not raised the same questions you have for me here Blacksheep.
So far, you have only preached; you have not answered a single question.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and every 'christian' believes that they are truly christian and the others are headed down the wrong path. Sitting on the outside looking in, you are a riot!
I have been on the outside looking in, and it is a miserable lonely empty place to be. Take your eyes off of the people and place them on Jesus.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

African Church Mission
African Church of Jesus Christ in Kenya
African Church of the Holy Spirit
African Church The
African Congregational Church
African Covenant Church
African Disciples of Christ
African Divine Church
African Evangelical Presbyterian Ch
African Faith Tabernacle Church
African Free Presb Church of Zimbabwe
African Full Gospel Church
African Gospel Church
African Holy Zionist Church
African Independent Church of Kenya
African Independent Pentecostal Church of Africa
African Interior Church
African Methodist Church in Zimbabwe
African Methodist Episcopal Church
African Methodist Episcopal Zion Ch
African Mission of Holy Ghost Church
African National Church
African National/International Church.....
55.- 41,992 The rest of the A's through Z
41,993. Confrinting
41,994. Orville
41,995. 4GVN
41,996. OLDJG
41,997. justachristian1
41,998. New Age
41,999. Marge
42,000.+ Whomever on this forum that we missed
ALL have their own "self appointed popes and rely upon "inventing and creating" their own "modernistic" truth-- which is "predicated upon" and determined by "whichever way the political or social wind blows"---- supporting ABORTION, GAY MARRIAGE, EMBROYONIC STEM CELL RESEARCH, EUTHENASIA, HOMOSEXUALITY, WOMAN MINISTERS, and on and on and on.
The "total reliance and basis" of EVERY ONE these 42,000+ Protestant beliefs, is to aggressively attack, THE TRUTH and to judge and condemn over 2000 years of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on you. You are nothing but an RCC parrot.
Clement would be appalled at the RCC, and angry at how you take his words out of context to justify the RCC power grab.
Clement argues for the equality of sexes, on the grounds that salvation is extended to all of mankind equally. Unusually, he suggests that Christ is neither male or female, and that God the Father has both male and female aspects.
He describes the Eucharist is as milk from the breast of the Father.
He is supportive of women playing an active role in the leadership of the church, and provides a list of women he considers inspirational, which includes both Biblical and Classical Greek.
Clement argues for a simple way of life in accordance with the innate simplicity of Christian monotheism.
He condemns elaborate and expensive furnishings and clothing. He would hate the Vatican today.
I could go on, but you once again tell us that you don't do your own research. You are just a parrot. You should really read for yourself everything the Patristics wrote, not just what the RCC whats you to see.
Sounds like you're quoting Clement of Alexandria. I was quoting Clement of Rome.
Same first name, but a 125 yrs apart.
But thats good you're reading Clement of Alexandria. Maybe you will be de-stupidadized as a result.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Apostle Paul did not expound onCommunion,look at those Scriptures again,and he did not support the RC teaching of the transubstantiation,Paul spoke what Jesus said,and encouraged us to do so in REMEMBRACE,and not to make shallow that which was sacred.
Christians all through history have followed his teaching on this.I have seen some of the most profound Communion services especially in England years ago,and by evangelicals.Never was I moved by a communion service than when I visited:World Evangelization Crusade(WEC) in Bullstrode,London.The music,the words said,the sacredness was so precious and real.I had no problem reflecting on the Death of our Lord in that service,there was weeping and a real move by the Spirit,repentance was everywhere in that room of over 300 missionaries and visitors.
It is Christ who is our focus Clay,I am not arguing with you that you believe in the Real Presence.But I know that God's presence is active in all Christian affiliations and when they humble themselves to the SACRED,and focus on Jesus and His suffering,the Spirit moves and repentance is there,sometimes weeping and brokenness in the Body,that only Christ can inspire as the Real Presence with the Body.
The Lamb of God of course can not be anything but a Lamb,nevertheless no one but JESUS could have laid down His life for all of humanity.
Very heartfelt post you wrote on the pope Dan. I wish more of your evangelical friends here would have watched it.

Please take a moment and read this article, I think you'll find it helpful;

http://www.catholic-legate.com/Apologetics/Th...
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
African Church Mission
African Church of Jesus Christ in Kenya
African Church of the Holy Spirit
African Church The
African Congregational Church
African Covenant Church
African Disciples of Christ
African Divine Church
African Evangelical Presbyterian Ch
African Faith Tabernacle Church
African Free Presb Church of Zimbabwe
African Full Gospel Church
African Gospel Church
African Holy Zionist Church
African Independent Church of Kenya
African Independent Pentecostal Church of Africa
African Interior Church
African Methodist Church in Zimbabwe
African Methodist Episcopal Church
African Methodist Episcopal Zion Ch
African Mission of Holy Ghost Church
African National Church
African National/International Church.....
55.- 41,992 The rest of the A's through Z
41,993. Confrinting
41,994. Orville
41,995. 4GVN
41,996. OLDJG
41,997. justachristian1
41,998. New Age
41,999. Marge
42,000.+ Whomever on this forum that we missed
ALL have their own "self appointed popes and rely upon "inventing and creating" their own "modernistic" truth-- which is "predicated upon" and determined by "whichever way the political or social wind blows"---- supporting ABORTION, GAY MARRIAGE, EMBROYONIC STEM CELL RESEARCH, EUTHENASIA, HOMOSEXUALITY, WOMAN MINISTERS, and on and on and on.
The "total reliance and basis" of EVERY ONE these 42,000+ Protestant beliefs, is to aggressively attack, THE TRUTH and to judge and condemn over 2000 years of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
Why must yo lie to try to defend your beliefs? I hope you make several trips to confess each day. Can't aggree on anything= LIE Support abortion, ga marriage,...= LIE. You HOHO are a very bad parrot. And you are a liar.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>I have been on the outside looking in, and it is a miserable lonely empty place to be. Take your eyes off of the people and place them on Jesus.
Why were you miserable and lonely? Do you think that every Atheists is miserable and lonely? Maybe you think most of us are just too stupid to realize how miserable and lonely we are.

When I attended church, the feeling that if I forgot to ask for forgiveness for one sin, god would send me to hell to be tortured forever, was a pretty miserable feeling!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

who="preston" How about you, gif, do you have a"special dispensation'" from God that you can throw around "false accusations" constantly?
does God allow you to disobey His Word ,since you have studied it for over 60 years?
1 Cor 9:14(see, I know a little about His Word too)

It seems to be 'precious little'; you don't know the basics of "do unto others".(I WILL tell him, too.)

You DID do some reasonable posts the other day, for which I commended you...but they were mostly 'history', not His Word.

You see, you determine things to be false, according to your feelings. You have said that my posts were false, when they were entirely true.

You even questioned my right to be here...then wrote that it is an open forum, and YOU can say anything that you want to say. Where does your 'special status' come from? At least for the moment we still have free speech in America.

Just YOU saying it, doesn't make YOU right.

(Now go right ahead with what you want to say...I know it won't be kind.)

KAYMARIE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

who="Robert F"

The RCChurch does not view the sacraments as salvific, but that God works by Grace through them....Salvation in the RCChurch is by Jesus Christ alone. Sacraments are signs.
Talking about Purgatory in general....When one becomes a Christian, accepts Jesus as personal Saviour, is baptised, but then goes astray, then sins, and continues to sin, and does not work out their salvation(Philipians 2:12
"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."),
what is God going to do with that person that sins?
God must be a Just Judge(besides being Merciful). Can God call to the Great Feast, those that are not clothed properly? They must be made clean....If we do not start now in this life, then it must be done in the "next" life....
In a sense, consider the journey of the Jew while in the Promised Land...., when they strayed, there was/is a price to be paid, even though God does not forget his covenant with them. God does not forget his covenant with the Christian, but justice must be served....

This does not 'ring true' with what we've been told. Protestants are scolded for saying that communion is a memorial...but you say that Catholics only 'use sacraments because God works through them'?(In other words, they have to have them to be saved.)

And you think that God cannot work HERE to correct one who sins? Where have you been? So...men make an imagined purgatory where their vengeful 'god' beats the h... out of them?

That only proves that they do not know the Father, who has provided forgiveness and love for His people. NO, He will not pollute heaven with your sin, and if you love it more than Him, He has other provision for you.

But to everyone who comes to Him, repenting, and trusts Him, He will forgive AND CLEANSE them from ALL sin.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Robert F"
The RCChurch does not view the sacraments as salvific, but that God works by Grace through them....Salvation in the RCChurch is by Jesus Christ alone. Sacraments are signs.
Talking about Purgatory in general....When one becomes a Christian, accepts Jesus as personal Saviour, is baptised, but then goes astray, then sins, and continues to sin, and does not work out their salvation(Philipians 2:12
"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."),
what is God going to do with that person that sins?
God must be a Just Judge(besides being Merciful). Can God call to the Great Feast, those that are not clothed properly? They must be made clean....If we do not start now in this life, then it must be done in the "next" life....
In a sense, consider the journey of the Jew while in the Promised Land...., when they strayed, there was/is a price to be paid, even though God does not forget his covenant with them. God does not forget his covenant with the Christian, but justice must be served....
This does not 'ring true' with what we've been told. Protestants are scolded for saying that communion is a memorial...but you say that Catholics only 'use sacraments because God works through them'?(In other words, they have to have them to be saved.)
And you think that God cannot work HERE to correct one who sins? Where have you been? So...men make an imagined purgatory where their vengeful 'god' beats the h... out of them?
That only proves that they do not know the Father, who has provided forgiveness and love for His people. NO, He will not pollute heaven with your sin, and if you love it more than Him, He has other provision for you.
But to everyone who comes to Him, repenting, and trusts Him, He will forgive AND CLEANSE them from ALL sin.
KayMarie
When you use quotation marks it indicates you are quoting the person verbatim. Robert did not use the phrase 'use sacraments because God works through them'. We don't "use" the sacraments. And yes, the sacraments are salvific because Jesus said they are.
Live Action

Mustang, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

This being a new year we will start with some more truth ..

1# Yahweh Is not A god.Man changed his name.
2# the roman catholick church is the woman the beast and is without A teacher but for satan her self.
The roman catholick church has hid sex crimes and continue to do so to this very day.

They have changed the sabbath

they have changed the feast days fort pagan holidays.

they are liars and are deceiving the world.

And if you are a member of this church you are guilty of the churches crimes for supporting them.

Get out of this evil church. everything i have said is a fact.so if you want to worship the beast go ahead and worship her.but I have told you the truth and what you do with it is on you not me....

I hope my father Yahweh see's fit to destroy all the evil in the world.
Live Action

Mustang, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

The god you worship very well could be satan
Because the divine reverence of his name Yahweh was believed to be to holy to be spoken. they changed his name to god the very thing he warns you not to worship god and or gods. And he even tells you this you will cause them to forget my name.my father does not even want to be in the same category as god and or gods.prove this wrong instead of turning a blind eye.to the truth.we as a nation have been lied to from children and it is not just the roman catholick church it is all churches they are a ll a mixture of righteousness and evil mostly evil.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="preston" How about you, gif, do you have a"special dispensation'" from God that you can throw around "false accusations" constantly?
does God allow you to disobey His Word ,since you have studied it for over 60 years?
1 Cor 9:14(see, I know a little about His Word too)
It seems to be 'precious little'; you don't know the basics of "do unto others".(I WILL tell him, too.)
You DID do some reasonable posts the other day, for which I commended you...but they were mostly 'history', not His Word.
You see, you determine things to be false, according to your feelings. You have said that my posts were false, when they were entirely true.
You even questioned my right to be here...then wrote that it is an open forum, and YOU can say anything that you want to say. Where does your 'special status' come from? At least for the moment we still have free speech in America.
Just YOU saying it, doesn't make YOU right.
(Now go right ahead with what you want to say...I know it won't be kind.)
KAYMARIE
why must you lie so often?

at no time have I ever said that any person should not pOst on here, but I do question as to why you cant use your own nick like every other person does.

as I have said, when your husband is called for his ignorance, then he turns it over to you and then you do the same.

and in fact, it was your senile friend that told me to 'MIND MY OWN BUSINESS "AND i CASUALLY REMINDED HIM THAT THIS IS A PRIVATELY OWNED SITE THAT ALOW THE PUBLIC TO POST FREELY.

HOW ABOUT SHOWING ME WHERE i SAID THESE WORDS THAT YOU ATTRIBUTE TO ME?

"YOU can say anything that you want to say".

you two are the most devious individuals that have ever been on this forum , bar none!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
When you use quotation marks it indicates you are quoting the person verbatim. Robert did not use the phrase 'use sacraments because God works through them'. We don't "use" the sacraments. And yes, the sacraments are salvific because Jesus said they are.
you really dont think that they are smart enough to know what you are talking about, do you?

she made a comment about what I supposedly said and I want her to show me.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

hey KM, these dont show on the screenunless you put them on there.

so why did you lie last night when asked why they appear on your posts only.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

preston wrote:
hey KM, these dont show on the screenunless you put them on there.
so why did you lie last night when asked why they appear on your posts only.
confrinting with the word
"GOD IS FAITHFUL."

Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#412524 22 hrs ago
who="TheBlackSheep"
You haven't noticed that your replies look different from everyone else's?

No, I have not.

KM

if people have to lie knowing that there posts are recorded on topix and cant be changed, then they do have no business posting their lies.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>you really dont think that they are smart enough to know what you are talking about, do you?
she made a comment about what I supposedly said and I want her to show me.
Neither of them support their accusations with any proof, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

I do enjoy their comedy tag team routine however....lol.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you skip over
John 1
King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 1:1, RS: "In the beginning was the Word, and the word was with God and the word was God (also KJ, JB, Dy, Kx NAB)." NE reads "what God was, the Word was." Mo says "the Logos was divine," At and Sd tells us "the word was divine," The interlinear rendering of ED is "a god was the word." NW reads "the Word was a god"; NTIV uses the same wording.....to be continued....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

who="preston" to say that a person who is sick is "rude", "crude" "verbal attack" is over the top.
michael is constantly attacking everyone and that includes you when he feels like it.
to defend yourself is honorable and isnot name calling.
if this is gif, you make false accusations constantly and then when called, you hide behind your wife, which is why you dont wish for her to have her own nick, you are protected by dual usage of this forum, which is cowardly, a trait that you have mastered very well.

What is your beef? What difference does it make if we have the same 'nick'? I sign every one of my posts so that there is no question as to who is writing.

He doesn't need to hide behind me. I notice that your wife is never on; is she afraid of you?

If you didn't have a guilty conscience, you would have no need to 'defend yourself'...especially from women. You mock LTM because she sometimes gets a word wrong...but when you misspell one, and someone calls attention to it, you pull the pity act about your fingers being bent.(Sorry for your pain...but you shouldn't use it to cause pain to others.)

I have nothing mean to say to or about you...but I can't be silent when you mistreat others, while crying that YOU are attacked.

KayMarie
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither of them support their accusations with any proof, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
I do enjoy their comedy tag team routine however....lol.
I need to speak to my other partners to see if we should book them for our opening act . then the people can throw their tomatoes at them before we come on.

seriously, If I had to lie constantly like them and have been caught as often as they have, I wouldnt have the nerve to show myself again on here.

I dont mind anyone disagreeing with me, that is ok, but to lie, that is where I draw the line

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 397,501 - 397,520 of532,162
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

581 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Aura Mytha 719,731
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min WasteWater 256,325
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Aura Mytha 599,020
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Petesaykeik 114,944
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Patrick 223,956
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 34 min HipGnosis 172,163
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 49 min NoStress4me 440,827
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 93,632
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr Naveen kumar 4,442
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••