Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596178 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#412618 Jan 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Robert F"
The RCChurch does not view the sacraments as salvific, but that God works by Grace through them....Salvation in the RCChurch is by Jesus Christ alone. Sacraments are signs.
Talking about Purgatory in general....When one becomes a Christian, accepts Jesus as personal Saviour, is baptised, but then goes astray, then sins, and continues to sin, and does not work out their salvation(Philipians 2:12
"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."),
what is God going to do with that person that sins?
God must be a Just Judge(besides being Merciful). Can God call to the Great Feast, those that are not clothed properly? They must be made clean....If we do not start now in this life, then it must be done in the "next" life....
In a sense, consider the journey of the Jew while in the Promised Land...., when they strayed, there was/is a price to be paid, even though God does not forget his covenant with them. God does not forget his covenant with the Christian, but justice must be served....
This does not 'ring true' with what we've been told. Protestants are scolded for saying that communion is a memorial...but you say that Catholics only 'use sacraments because God works through them'?(In other words, they have to have them to be saved.)
And you think that God cannot work HERE to correct one who sins? Where have you been? So...men make an imagined purgatory where their vengeful 'god' beats the h... out of them?
That only proves that they do not know the Father, who has provided forgiveness and love for His people. NO, He will not pollute heaven with your sin, and if you love it more than Him, He has other provision for you.
But to everyone who comes to Him, repenting, and trusts Him, He will forgive AND CLEANSE them from ALL sin.
KayMarie
When you use quotation marks it indicates you are quoting the person verbatim. Robert did not use the phrase 'use sacraments because God works through them'. We don't "use" the sacraments. And yes, the sacraments are salvific because Jesus said they are.
Live Action

Piedmont, OK

#412619 Jan 1, 2013
This being a new year we will start with some more truth ..

1# Yahweh Is not A god.Man changed his name.
2# the roman catholick church is the woman the beast and is without A teacher but for satan her self.
The roman catholick church has hid sex crimes and continue to do so to this very day.

They have changed the sabbath

they have changed the feast days fort pagan holidays.

they are liars and are deceiving the world.

And if you are a member of this church you are guilty of the churches crimes for supporting them.

Get out of this evil church. everything i have said is a fact.so if you want to worship the beast go ahead and worship her.but I have told you the truth and what you do with it is on you not me....

I hope my father Yahweh see's fit to destroy all the evil in the world.
Live Action

Piedmont, OK

#412620 Jan 1, 2013
The god you worship very well could be satan
Because the divine reverence of his name Yahweh was believed to be to holy to be spoken. they changed his name to god the very thing he warns you not to worship god and or gods. And he even tells you this you will cause them to forget my name.my father does not even want to be in the same category as god and or gods.prove this wrong instead of turning a blind eye.to the truth.we as a nation have been lied to from children and it is not just the roman catholick church it is all churches they are a ll a mixture of righteousness and evil mostly evil.
preston

Waverly, OH

#412621 Jan 1, 2013
who="preston" How about you, gif, do you have a"special dispensation'" from God that you can throw around "false accusations" constantly?
does God allow you to disobey His Word ,since you have studied it for over 60 years?
1 Cor 9:14(see, I know a little about His Word too)
It seems to be 'precious little'; you don't know the basics of "do unto others".(I WILL tell him, too.)
You DID do some reasonable posts the other day, for which I commended you...but they were mostly 'history', not His Word.
You see, you determine things to be false, according to your feelings. You have said that my posts were false, when they were entirely true.
You even questioned my right to be here...then wrote that it is an open forum, and YOU can say anything that you want to say. Where does your 'special status' come from? At least for the moment we still have free speech in America.
Just YOU saying it, doesn't make YOU right.
(Now go right ahead with what you want to say...I know it won't be kind.)
KAYMARIE
why must you lie so often?

at no time have I ever said that any person should not pOst on here, but I do question as to why you cant use your own nick like every other person does.

as I have said, when your husband is called for his ignorance, then he turns it over to you and then you do the same.

and in fact, it was your senile friend that told me to 'MIND MY OWN BUSINESS "AND i CASUALLY REMINDED HIM THAT THIS IS A PRIVATELY OWNED SITE THAT ALOW THE PUBLIC TO POST FREELY.

HOW ABOUT SHOWING ME WHERE i SAID THESE WORDS THAT YOU ATTRIBUTE TO ME?

"YOU can say anything that you want to say".

you two are the most devious individuals that have ever been on this forum , bar none!
preston

Waverly, OH

#412622 Jan 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
When you use quotation marks it indicates you are quoting the person verbatim. Robert did not use the phrase 'use sacraments because God works through them'. We don't "use" the sacraments. And yes, the sacraments are salvific because Jesus said they are.
you really dont think that they are smart enough to know what you are talking about, do you?

she made a comment about what I supposedly said and I want her to show me.
preston

Waverly, OH

#412623 Jan 1, 2013

hey KM, these dont show on the screenunless you put them on there.

so why did you lie last night when asked why they appear on your posts only.
preston

Waverly, OH

#412624 Jan 1, 2013
preston wrote:
hey KM, these dont show on the screenunless you put them on there.
so why did you lie last night when asked why they appear on your posts only.
confrinting with the word
“"GOD IS FAITHFUL."”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#412524 22 hrs ago
who="TheBlackSheep"
You haven't noticed that your replies look different from everyone else's?

No, I have not.

KM

if people have to lie knowing that there posts are recorded on topix and cant be changed, then they do have no business posting their lies.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#412625 Jan 1, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you really dont think that they are smart enough to know what you are talking about, do you?
she made a comment about what I supposedly said and I want her to show me.
Neither of them support their accusations with any proof, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

I do enjoy their comedy tag team routine however....lol.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#412626 Jan 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you skip over
John 1
King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 1:1, RS: "In the beginning was the Word, and the word was with God and the word was God (also KJ, JB, Dy, Kx NAB)." NE reads "what God was, the Word was." Mo says "the Logos was divine," At and Sd tells us "the word was divine," The interlinear rendering of ED is "a god was the word." NW reads "the Word was a god"; NTIV uses the same wording.....to be continued....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#412627 Jan 1, 2013
who="preston" to say that a person who is sick is "rude", "crude" "verbal attack" is over the top.
michael is constantly attacking everyone and that includes you when he feels like it.
to defend yourself is honorable and isnot name calling.
if this is gif, you make false accusations constantly and then when called, you hide behind your wife, which is why you dont wish for her to have her own nick, you are protected by dual usage of this forum, which is cowardly, a trait that you have mastered very well.

What is your beef? What difference does it make if we have the same 'nick'? I sign every one of my posts so that there is no question as to who is writing.

He doesn't need to hide behind me. I notice that your wife is never on; is she afraid of you?

If you didn't have a guilty conscience, you would have no need to 'defend yourself'...especially from women. You mock LTM because she sometimes gets a word wrong...but when you misspell one, and someone calls attention to it, you pull the pity act about your fingers being bent.(Sorry for your pain...but you shouldn't use it to cause pain to others.)

I have nothing mean to say to or about you...but I can't be silent when you mistreat others, while crying that YOU are attacked.

KayMarie
preston

Waverly, OH

#412628 Jan 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither of them support their accusations with any proof, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
I do enjoy their comedy tag team routine however....lol.
I need to speak to my other partners to see if we should book them for our opening act . then the people can throw their tomatoes at them before we come on.

seriously, If I had to lie constantly like them and have been caught as often as they have, I wouldnt have the nerve to show myself again on here.

I dont mind anyone disagreeing with me, that is ok, but to lie, that is where I draw the line
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#412629 Jan 1, 2013
........Does John 1:1 prove that Jesus is God?...

What is it that these translators are seeing in the Greek text that moves some of them to refrain from saying "the Word was God"? The definite article (the) appears before the first occurance (the-os'(God) but not before the second....to be continued....

#412630 Jan 1, 2013
who="ReginaM"
Another one who'll attack a Catholic but give a wide pass to Jesus being called a retarded jerk and His mother a narcissistic slut by one of the forum atheists all because he's just as much an anti-Catholic bigot as you are. Clay happens to be right, so you would do well to mind your own business and stop making trouble.

Shameful, Regina. You know that Protestants do not agree with such trash. You might find some Westboro types who are hateful and mean, but they are un-real.

I wouldn't even write or speak such words.

KayMarie
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#412631 Jan 1, 2013
......The article (when the article appears) construction of the noun points to an identity, a personality, whereas a singular verb arnathrous (without the article) predicate noun before the verb (as the sentence is constructed in Greek) points to a quality about someone. So the text is not saying that the Word (Jesus) was the same as the God with whom he was but, rather, that the Word was godlike, divine, a god......to be continued....

My fingers need a break. I'll be back!:oD

#412632 Jan 1, 2013
who="preston" oh, I have never felt guilty about anything that I have said to gif or about him.
WHEN A PERSON SPEAKS THE TRUTH(and the truth is never negative), THEY DONT HAVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR IT SINCE THE TRUTH DOESNT NEED TO BE APOLOGIZED FOR.
and to help you out, this is jsut a forum and I seldom ever get angry, even at your ignorance and kibbitzing. I realize that you have some sort of mental unbalance as everyone can easily recognize

You say that (the truth is never negative)?

Then you tell someone that they have mental unbalance because they don't agree with you?

So much for "speaking the truth IN LOVE..."

KayMarie
KayMarie
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#412633 Jan 1, 2013
......what did the apostle mean John mean when he wrote John 1:1 Did he mean that Jesus is himself God or perhaps that Jesus is one God with the father? In the same chapter, 18,......to be continued....
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#412634 Jan 1, 2013
I'll come back and finish explaining the John 1:1 confussion...I need a break for now....

#412635 Jan 1, 2013
who="ReginaM"
You just judged the Catholic Church and everyone in it in order to side with someone who mocks Christ on a daily basis. He's been playing you like a fiddle and you're allowing it as he feeds the hatred within you which is destroying your soul right before our eyes. You just went to bed with satan, my dear. Preston knew better than to do something like that.

Get your mind out of the gutter. Telling someone that they've 'gone to bed with satan'(just because you don't agree with them) is something that would come out of HBO.

A 'Christian' will speak in Christ like terms.

KayMarie
preston

Waverly, OH

#412636 Jan 1, 2013
who="preston" to say that a person who is sick is "rude", "crude" "verbal attack" is over the top.
michael is constantly attacking everyone and that includes you when he feels like it.
to defend yourself is honorable and isnot name calling.
if this is gif, you make false accusations constantly and then when called, you hide behind your wife, which is why you dont wish for her to have her own nick, you are protected by dual usage of this forum, which is cowardly, a trait that you have mastered very well.
What is your beef? What difference does it make if we have the same 'nick'? I sign every one of my posts so that there is no question as to who is writing.
He doesn't need to hide behind me. I notice that your wife is never on; is she afraid of you?
If you didn't have a guilty conscience, you would have no need to 'defend yourself'...especially from women. You mock LTM because she sometimes gets a word wrong...but when you misspell one, and someone calls attention to it, you pull the pity act about your fingers being bent.(Sorry for your pain...but you shouldn't use it to cause pain to others.)
I have nothing mean to say to or about you...but I can't be silent when you mistreat others, while crying that YOU are attacked.
KayMarie
you are correct. my wife is never on here and for that mater, many of the spouses of the regulars are not on here either, so what does that have to do with you lying constantly?

my wife works 12 hours shifts as acharge Nurse, and then she has to sleep, which leaves her very litle time for recreation, and companionship with myself and our children and grandchildren.

regardless of that, if she was on here, she wouldnt be lying like you do all of the time.

as far as my "bent fingers", that is not an excuse, it is a reason as to why I mispell words often, such as teh for the, ahve for have.at least i am not stupid enough to misspell a common word like civil and spell it "seville", or like your old man who spelled hijacked as hy jacked making it two words.lol.

I have had spelling and typing problems for many years on this forum and that is well known by those who have been on here for any length of time, and I dont use it for any "pity" that I might get on this forum, LTM has throwed up me speaking of my injuries and health problems but I had brought them up when I was asked why I wasnt on here for months over a year ago, by karen among others.

anyway, if anyone brings them up as an indictment against me, it shows how pitiful their life is, not mine. I do the best that I am able to do, my body is in terrible shape but my mind is sharp and alert, and I think God for that, and my conscience is not seared like that of you and your old man, who think nothing about lying on here and deceiving people who like LTM are as ignorant as you two are.

and I could care less if you wish to attack me if I say something to others. but WHEN I SAY SOEMTNING TO SOMEONE, IT IS AFTER THEY HAVE ATTACKED ME FIRST.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#412637 Jan 1, 2013
who="ReginaM"
You just judged the Catholic Church and everyone in it in order to side with someone who mocks Christ on a daily basis. He's been playing you like a fiddle and you're allowing it as he feeds the hatred within you which is destroying your soul right before our eyes. You just went to bed with satan, my dear. Preston knew better than to do something like that.
Get your mind out of the gutter. Telling someone that they've 'gone to bed with satan'(just because you don't agree with them) is something that would come out of HBO.
A 'Christian' will speak in Christ like terms.
KayMarie
You mean like mocking the pope for saying the angels were not singing when in fact he was right and you were wrong? And then fighting for weeks to avoid admitting you were wrong? Does admitting you were wrong about a bible verse to Catholics go against your religion?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Burke Devlin 854,601
Entering Heaven? 5 min andet1987 3
Poll Why are white women jealous of us latinas (Aug '08) 8 min andet1987 27
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min PortaBella ITA 612,606
Whole Foods finally admits it ripped customers ... 14 min andet1987 6
2015 Audi RS5 39 min jack webber 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr PortaBella ITA 40,695
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr dGo nmeDad lyHo p... 903
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr I Am No One_ 444,291
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
More from around the web