Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,861)

Showing posts 397,201 - 397,220 of529,686
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

dinner time talk later bye bye.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you don't believe the account of history , about the catholic church eh.
talking about the darkside of the church is forbidden.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the fish hat worn by the pope,rings,crosses,phalysis used at st. peters basilica,garbs worn by priests all come from paganism,the birth of jesus is not dec. 25th so how can they use a false date? all religious dates are meaningless, the church is suppose to be a place of honesty,love guidance,reassurance,but the opposite is true. lets reverse this what does the church NOT use that is pagan oriented??
I had read one reason the early Church Bishops put on their hats and robes (way before Constantine btw) was because they wished to be identified when the Roman soldiers stormed the meeting place of the Mass.
Christ is the good shepherd who lays His life down for the sheep. To be a Bishop pre Constantine meant certain death. The Bishops were arrested and executed. The hats and robes quickly identified them so no lay people would be taken away.
Confrint would run out the back door.. just saying..

anyway,
I'll try and find a link later.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you don't believe the account of history , about the catholic church eh.
of course I believe it. That's why I'm Catholic and not anything else.
Do I believe the slander laced propaganda handed out by you guys? No! Its easily proven as a lie.
You're taking a sin by members of the CC and pouncing on it; blowing it up and using it to promote your ideology.
If you guys were speaking truth, id acknowledge it and join ya.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>Now that's what I call biased. You should be thanking the Catholic Church for Western Civilization.
Is the American black man grateful for slavery? Just because the modern black man does not want to live in Africa, does no mean that he should be grateful for 450 years of slavery!

Are the Japanese grateful for the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? After all, they got new cities out of the deal.

I hope these two examples show you the stupidity of your statement.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"full of crap" "biased reports". Ok, give me your reports that say these reports are wrong. Give me your reports showing that ANY pope knew a bishop was covering for a priest while it was happening.
I just googled, "church sex abuse compared to the rest of the population".
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>"If it is run by flawed humans and people are held to flawed dogma?"
You're half right. Humans are flawed. The 'dogma' is not because it teaches AGAINST sex abuse. Duh.
You must be reading a different bible than I am. Does yours have an 11th commandment? No?

Does yours not say that when the Israelis defeated another town, that they could take any virgin female as their wife? If you need, I can send you a copy.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>"Did the last two popes know about it? Obviously, they did!"
Prove it.
They read newspapers you idiot. Are you trying to say that your top leader is an idiot or shielded from real life?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the American black man grateful for slavery? Just because the modern black man does not want to live in Africa, does no mean that he should be grateful for 450 years of slavery!
Are the Japanese grateful for the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? After all, they got new cities out of the deal.
I hope these two examples show you the stupidity of your statement.
Rather, it's your two examples that are stupid.

Imagine for 'example' a world where Charles Martel DIDN'T beat the Moors. It's only one of many, here's a tip; Huns, Goths, Vandals, etc.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I just googled, "church sex abuse compared to the rest of the population".
<quoted text>
You must be reading a different bible than I am. Does yours have an 11th commandment? No?
Does yours not say that when the Israelis defeated another town, that they could take any virgin female as their wife? If you need, I can send you a copy.
<quoted text>
They read newspapers you idiot. Are you trying to say that your top leader is an idiot or shielded from real life?
"I just googled, "church sex abuse compared to the rest of the population"."

So what. Lot's of militant atheists out there like you who have a giant axe to grind with the Catholic Church. Have fun.

"Does yours not say that when the Israelis defeated another town, that they could take any virgin female as their wife? If you need, I can send you a copy."

I have no interest in debating the bible with a militant atheist, it's like watching paint dry.

"They read newspapers you idiot. Are you trying to say that your top leader is an idiot or shielded from real life?"

Hey clown, just produce the evidence that the pope knew bishops were covering up child abuse. Since it's so 'obvious' you should have no problem. Thanks in advance.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather, it's your two examples that are stupid.
Imagine for 'example' a world where Charles Martel DIDN'T beat the Moors. It's only one of many, here's a tip; Huns, Goths, Vandals, etc.
Thank you for pointing out where I made my mistake in using reality! Oh, wait... you didn't, you side step reality and went for the hypothetical.

Good job!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"I just googled, "church sex abuse compared to the rest of the population"."
So what. Lot's of militant atheists out there like you who have a giant axe to grind with the Catholic Church. Have fun.
"Does yours not say that when the Israelis defeated another town, that they could take any virgin female as their wife? If you need, I can send you a copy."
I have no interest in debating the bible with a militant atheist, it's like watching paint dry.
"They read newspapers you idiot. Are you trying to say that your top leader is an idiot or shielded from real life?"
Hey clown, just produce the evidence that the pope knew bishops were covering up child abuse. Since it's so 'obvious' you should have no problem. Thanks in advance.
Search the FBI files, they keep all kinds of stats.

OK, you win! Your popes are too stupid to read a newspaper and no one in the church dared to tell them what was going on under his nose. I can live with that. I guess you can too.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>Hey clown, just produce the evidence that the pope knew bishops were covering up child abuse. Since it's so 'obvious' you should have no problem. Thanks in advance.
You may be right! Maybe those abuses were in the secret papers that the popes butler stole.

I wonder why the pope had secret papers.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for pointing out where I made my mistake in using reality! Oh, wait... you didn't, you side step reality and went for the hypothetical.
Good job!
Martel's defeat of the Muslim hoard was not hypothetical. The fact that the Catholic Church was responsible for building and safeguarding western civilization is not hypothetical.

Typically spoiled brat militant atheists have a better grasp of history. You, I think, just want to be a smart ass.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Search the FBI files, they keep all kinds of stats.
OK, you win! Your popes are too stupid to read a newspaper and no one in the church dared to tell them what was going on under his nose. I can live with that. I guess you can too.
Yeah, good try though.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be right! Maybe those abuses were in the secret papers that the popes butler stole.
I wonder why the pope had secret papers.
Those secrets that were plastered all over the media? I missed the ones that confirmed he knew. Can you help?
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
of course I believe it. That's why I'm Catholic and not anything else.
Do I believe the slander laced propaganda handed out by you guys? No! Its easily proven as a lie.
You're taking a sin by members of the CC and pouncing on it; blowing it up and using it to promote your ideology.
If you guys were speaking truth, id acknowledge it and join ya.
Again, Clay seeks to minimize "a sin by members" of the RCC clergy.

What Clay avoids is this is a sin, sure -- but a sin covered-up on 5 continents, including nearly every single diocese in the USA, including schools for the deaf in the USA and Europe, including orphanages in Inida --- by Apostolic Successors, who Clay believes somehow acted independently, but in the exact same manner worldwide.

Jesus must have allowed, or even led his vicars (Popes), Cardinals, and 99% of Bishops worldwide to cover-up this little sin.

Per Clay, Jesus must be OK with it.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

How could 99% of the RCC's Apostolic Successors NOT KNOW --- that not stopping, but in fact enabling child sex abuse -- is morally wrong?

How could they NOT KNOW?

Answer: See how the Vatican rewarded Cardinal Law for his silence and for leaving the USA, rather than being forced to testify in over 90 abuse cases in Boston.

Not reporting child abuse is rewarded by the Vatican -- and some Catholics still claim Jesus led this BS.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus built His Church on a guy who denied Him. Jesus knows we will all sin, what's important is whether we repent.
Have a nice day.
Anthony is forced to say Jesus would allow child sex-abuse among His Apostles.

I disagree.

I'm sure Anthiny would disagree too, if it didn't destroy his church's "one true" claim.

How sad. What's wrong with being a good church, the first church, etc. But the only church?

This is what creates the evil.

This is what forces otherwise good men (probably) to go back on their morals, in order to defend the indefensible.

Again......

Morals 101....

#1: Facilitating child abuse is immoral, even if not technically illegal.

No matter what you say, I will continue to say Jesus would NOT allow a child-abuser or child-abuse facilitator to remain as an Apostle.

Your church says differently (see Cardinal Law).

I am glad you call me sick for disagreeing with your church. I am honored. Thank you.

“OneLordOneFaithE ph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="confronting”]<quo ted text>

Interesting that the CC says that it gave the Bible to us...but among themselves, call it a Protestant book.
Thanks for your story. Interesting.
KayMarie[/QUOTE]

Your quote “among themselves call it a protestant book”

We don’t call OUR Bible a protestant book!!!

There is protestant bibles tho, they are incomplete. So it is a protestant bible!

Kay, you would not have a bible if it were not for the first Christians called Catholics. It was "the Catholics" that sat for hours/months/years translating it by hand, and put it together. No protestants around in those days!!!

Catholics hear THE WORD when they go to mass, our mass is ALL bible base.
Every bit of the whole hour is bible base. Unlike your churches where you read one verse and dissect it for the whole service.

Happy 5th day of Christmas!
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Morals 101....

#1: Facilitating child abuse is immoral, even if not technically illegal.

I say Jesus would NOT allow a child-abuser or child-abuse facilitator to remain as an Apostle.

After all, Jesus told the world how he felt about those who would harm children.

The RCC says Jesus was mincing words and really didn't care if children were abused by his Apostles.

I stand with the exact words of Jesus on this.

The RCC simply cannot be "appointed and guided" by Jesus. The Bible tells me so.

"... for ye shall know them by their deeds."

“OneLordOneFaithE ph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
awwww .... isn't that s.p.e.c.i.a.l?
I suppose the pope WOULD have to forgive the guy who exposed his office of covering up the antics of pedophile s ... otherwise he would be shown to be a hypocrite, now, wouldn't he?
I mean, if the Pope covers up for pedophiles, and somebody with a BRAIN comes in and exposes the hierarchy's cover-up ... what else can the Pope do?
I hope the butler get a good job, and is able to support his family in peace. But I predict a much different outcome.
You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
The 'truth' sets you free from all the lies. I wonder if the butler will remain Catholic?
Regarding the Pope’s forgiveness of the butler thief…..

YOU SAID IT!! Our Pope is SPECIAL!!! Thanks be to GOD!!!

Is there proof that he coved up pedophilia ?? Do you have inside information? NO
DID THE docs show a cover up?? NO
The thief was in prison because he stole docs, he did it for money.
Would you hire a thief? Guess wifey poo will have to get a job now.
The butler better repent, and yes he will remain Catholic, imo. Stop bearing false witness, sinner.
The only truth that will set YOU FREE, is coming back to the Church that Jesus started. Period!

Stop spreading lies and stop listen to your anti-Catholic pastor.

Happy 5th day of Christmas!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 397,201 - 397,220 of529,686
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

585 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Charlie Sheen 255,582
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 9 min Krackerjacks 37,587
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min eternalrock 715,918
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 22 min scirocco 114,538
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 35 min Jennifer 93,140
Being Gay is not wrong! (Mar '07) 45 min yon 143
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 50 min WasteWater 3,861
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 223,052
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr Ava 58