Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658419 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Peter Paul and Mary

San Antonio, TX

#411569 Dec 24, 2012
Feliz Navidad mis amigos! May God bless each and everyone of you. The Light of the World is upon us on this Holy Night. Let His light shine in you so that the whole world will see the true meaning of Christmas on this Holy Night.

There is ONE LORD!
PPM
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#411570 Dec 24, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no truth in Christmas..........all Pagan. God would NEVER stand for this freaky practice every year!! ROME rules on Dec. 25, every year. Blind your eyes and worship the pagan gods..........
Agreed, now they are promoting gay Josephs in their xmas decorations. 2 Josephs and no Mary. This is blasphemy at its worse!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#411571 Dec 24, 2012
Peter Paul and Mary wrote:
Feliz Navidad mis amigos! May God bless each and everyone of you. The Light of the World is upon us on this Holy Night. Let His light shine in you so that the whole world will see the true meaning of Christmas on this Holy Night.
There is ONE LORD!
PPM
My goodness..........your a freakshow too. Christmas is a pagan celebration from ancient Babylon.........2000 years before Christ. Are you stupid or just insane to think that this is a Christian celebration????
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#411572 Dec 24, 2012
Its worse than Soddom and Gamorah....
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#411573 Dec 24, 2012
We are to worship in SPIRIT and TRUTH.
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#411574 Dec 24, 2012
Peter Paul and Mary wrote:
There is ONE LORD!
PPM
May I ask how is Dec 25th a Holy night when the date is not in the Bible? Who made it holy?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#411575 Dec 24, 2012
Aviela wrote:
Its worse than Soddom and Gamorah....
No spirit and truth here..........just falsehood, lies and stories of death.........freakshow....... ...learn the truth, you owe it to yourself and your family. Mathew 24:14..........a government, ruled by God over the earth..........1 government, 1 nation of united people. Not like today with 214 national governments and thousands of municipal/provincial governments..........It's the greatest/best hope of truthfull people.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#411576 Dec 24, 2012
who="Michael"
RIGHT!
That has happened too many times. When people of trust are never questioned for actions they really committed.
Imagine how many children have gone to their graves feeling the loneliness, agony, pain and betrayal of their own families who might even disown their child for making such an accusation.
We have to change our ways. We have to weigh all the facts. We have to wonder why a child would make such a claim if it wasn't true. We have to understand our children, and not be afraid to stand up for them against sinful crimes.
.. ""A MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your husband an family""...

I know a woman whose uncles abused her. She told her mother, who accused HER of lying. She now has problems trusting anyone. Children don't know about such things if someone doesn't tell them. They couldn't make up such stories.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.
KayMarie

#411577 Dec 24, 2012
who="Clay"
Not all Catholics respect every faith. Heck, many do not even respect their own!
But Catholicism respects all faiths. The Church teaches to respect all faiths.
If you have 'official books' like you say, pointing otherwise, i'd like to see them.
And Kay, even on this forum, the Catholics show remarkable restraint given the hatred we are up against. I'm quite proud to be grouped with these Catholics on here. I'm not proud of myself at times, due to my snide comments occasionally. But again, we are dealing with allot of garbage out there from many different fronts.

You are not getting hatred or rudeness from me. I DO attempt to discuss some issues, but I want to know the truth, and I want those who read/hear me to know the truth.

Jesus was LOADED with hatred...but "He opened not His mouth, but was led as a lamb to the slaughter." It's hard...but it makes us better people.

Merry Christmas,
KayMarie

#411578 Dec 24, 2012
who="Clay" I actually tried to stop my last post to Free. It already posted however.
I thought it was snide. That is not the type of Christian Im trying to be no matter what I think about the recipient of my remarks.
So sorry to all who get offended. Including you Free. I'll try to stop the jerkness.
If I can't reply to you without being a jerk, then I shouldn't reply.
Merry Christmas

Thank you for posting this. Shows that the Holy Spirit can/does talk to all of us.(Now, if others will listen...)

KayMarie

#411579 Dec 24, 2012
who="TheBlackSheep"
If we are all god's children, then what is so special about jesus?

We are begotten of Him. Without Him, we could not be in harmony with God.
KayMarie

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#411580 Dec 25, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text>
1) he sacrifised his life for human kind
It is not a sacrifice if you get it right back and especially when you knew that you would get it right back.
Aviela wrote:
2) he resurrected the dead
So did several other 'gods'.
Aviela wrote:
3) he is Jehovah's first creation
Not according to Genesis 1 and 2.
Aviela wrote:
4) he cured the leapers
The bible tells how to cure a leper.

Leviticus 14:49 And he shall take to cleanse the house two birds, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop:

50 And he shall kill the one of the birds in an earthen vessel over running water:

51 And he shall take the cedar wood, and the hyssop, and the scarlet, and the living bird, and dip them in the blood of the slain bird, and in the running water, and sprinkle the house seven times:

52 And he shall cleanse the house with the blood of the bird, and with the running water, and with the living bird, and with the cedar wood, and with the hyssop, and with the scarlet:

53 But he shall let go the living bird out of the city into the open fields, and make an atonement for the house: and it shall be clean.
Aviela wrote:
5) he preached the kingdom
Many did before and after.
Aviela wrote:
6) he turned water into wine...(his first miracle
If the bible says so, then it must be true.
Aviela wrote:
7) he treated women with RESPECT
If the bible says so, then it must be true.
Aviela wrote:
8) he got resurrected on the 3rd day
If he was crucified on a Friday afternoon and the tomb was found empty on Sunday morning, I would really like to read the dead sea scrolls to see if it say Sunday or the sabbath, at best he was 'dead' for 40 hours.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#411581 Dec 25, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>OK.There appears to be a dispute. May I suggest a trip to the Maury Povich show to determine your lineage.
Will god, jesus and the holy spirit show up for DNA samples?

No, because they only show up in the bible.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#411582 Dec 25, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="TheBlackSheep"
If we are all god's children, then what is so special about jesus?
We are begotten of Him. Without Him, we could not be in harmony with God.
KayMarie
Think about that for a minute. You are saying that god created the world so 6,000 to 3.75 billion years ago and created man some 6,000 to 200,000 years ago, and in just the last 2,000, he decided to put jesus on Earth to harmonize with us? No matter if you believe in the 6,000 years ago creation BS or in reality, god waited a long time to fix things.

Kind of stupid to wait all that time, isn't it?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#411583 Dec 25, 2012
Merry Christmas!!
Orville

Portland, OR

#411584 Dec 25, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay" I actually tried to stop my last post to Free. It already posted however.
I thought it was snide. That is not the type of Christian Im trying to be no matter what I think about the recipient of my remarks.
So sorry to all who get offended. Including you Free. I'll try to stop the jerkness.
If I can't reply to you without being a jerk, then I shouldn't reply.
Merry Christmas
Thank you for posting this. Shows that the Holy Spirit can/does talk to all of us.(Now, if others will listen...)
KayMarie

Merry Christmas, Confrint. Orville
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#411585 Dec 25, 2012
marge wrote:
What freaks me out is praying to God through God's creation.
you don't ask your friend and family to pray for each other?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#411586 Dec 25, 2012
The Vatican has returned to profit after three years in the red.

But the donations from the faithful fell nearly euro15 million (USD 22 million), or 18 percent. The reason is tough economic times and a year in which the priest sex abuse scandal exploded.

The Vatican issued its annual financial report Saturday, saying it made a profit of euro 9.85 million (USD 14.3 million).

In 2010 following a loss of euro 4.01 million (USD 5.8 million) a year earlier and losses in 2007 and 2008.

Revenues were euro 245.2 million (USD 356.1 million) against expenses of euro 235.35 million (USD 341.8 million).

In a statement, the Vatican said the results showed a continuing positive trend that began in 2009 but was hampered then by the effects of the global financial downturn.

The separately administered Vatican city state also turned a euro 21.04 million (USD 30.6 million) profit, thanks primarily to booming ticket sales at the Vatican Museums.

But donations from individuals worldwide, the so-called Peter’s Pence, were down US USD14.8 million at US USD 67.70 million in 2010, an 18 percent drop from the year before. No explanation was given in the statement.

The abuse scandal also erupted in 2010 in Europe, traditionally a top source of donations after the U.S. Tens of thousands of people have either formally or informally left the Catholic Church in the wake of reports that priests sexually abused thousands of young people and bishops covered up the crimes.

Jesus was not to happy with people who turned the Temple in Jerusalem into a market place. He tilted their tables, and drove them out.

To run “a Church” as a business unit, is another example of the wickedness of men.

That the Vatican has “returned to profit” is a message that confirm that the papists are a group of people who have made a religion to make profit.

2 Corinthians 2:17
Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#411587 Dec 25, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no truth in Christmas..........all Pagan. God would NEVER stand for this freaky practice every year!! ROME rules on Dec. 25, every year. Blind your eyes and worship the pagan gods..........
I thought I already explained the origins of Dec 25 to you?
Christians chose this day to COUNTER the Pagan Holiday. NOT adjoin it together.
(just another of the hundreds of falsehoods being put out there by the Jehovah's)

Also, Christmas is actually called Christ's Mass. This is where the ordained Bishop would continue on the sacred tradition of the Apostles -as evident by Paul in 1Cor 11:23-26 (in his letter to the Church @ Corinth, he instructs the Bishops on the importance of the Eucharist)
This Mass was celebrated in the hills, caves and rooms of peoples houses or wherever a validly ordained Bishop could perform it, because it was illegal to do so and to be caught meant certain death.(Another reason Dec 25 was chose was to 'blend in' with the surrounding Pagan festivities, so the Christians wouldn't be caught and killed for practicing Christ's Mass.
So I beg you, please don't be spreading false propaganda about this beautiful day nor the Church that established it.
God Bless

Since: Nov 08

usa

#411588 Dec 25, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, you are lying by saying that you didnt lie.
apparently it's ok to lie if the catholic church is the true church (not),they lie constantly,so if it's ok for the pope to lie, i don't see why it is a sin to lie,after all the pope is the vicar of christ according to them. there are two good examples of lies in this post,one, they think they are the true church,two they believe the pope is the vicar of christ,a continuation of the apostles that is definately a lie which i have shown numerous times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Thinking 70,130
Wife swap near gatwick 2 min Diamonds7156 6
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 4 min Poppyann 2,992
Want to find a BDSM skype salve for light BDSM (Feb '15) 5 min Truffle5901 11
My Husband Wants Us To Swing (Feb '12) 12 min Nipz8146 65
Ask A Black Guy (Sep '07) 16 min Sparks1570 662
Straight c**k 19 min Lickz8951 7
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr TheChrist 282,884
More from around the web