Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673303 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Stoney Creek, Canada

#409794 Dec 15, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your thought.I did not know this re the Founding Fathers. I dont know that the government can say you must obey our laws based on Judeo Christian Principles.The question would become which Christian principles? Which denimination? Then we get into some religious fanatics who can abridge your rights and my rights.And it moves to a Theocracy which can be dangerous especially depending on whose in charge.
Hi Herme how are you doing , getting stronger I hope.
My little granddaughter was goes to school a little to close for comfort, in regards to all those children being shot yesterday Herme. They live in C.T.
My son emailed me right away and let me know she was home safe.
I was at the store today and I was reading about it in the paper and I almost started to cry.
One of the Moms was so beside herself with grief, it breaks my heart.
My little granddaughter who lives with me her school was shut down twice this year, do to weapons.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#409795 Dec 15, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Private businesses can post and say what they want.As far as public holiday, I have not given that any thought. I will.
Yes, I suppose they can. So perhaps they'd better get used to private citizens not spending their money in their establishments until they change their tune. I wish! Too bad people are so materialistic. All Christians should boycott retailers for one Christmas season and make their gifts from stuff they have at home.

Maybe then they would change their mantra from "Gimme, gimme, gimme, while we kick you in the behind, laughing all the way to the bank" to "Merry Christmas, Mr. and Mrs. Private Citizen. Macy's wishes you a blessed and holy season!"

As far as the government goes, sure let's everybody take the day off in the name of Jesus, while we outlaw your nativity scenes and prayers and any acknowledgment thereof. What's wrong with this picture?

Btw, whenever a store clerk wishes me a "Happy Holiday", I loudly respond "Merry CHRISTMAS"! Without fail, each and every one gives me a nod and says "Merry Christmas" back! I've been doing this for years.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#409796 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and you stink from the garbage that you hauled.

~~~

At least I left the garbage at the dump...

You keep a bunch around so you can dig it up and throw it around..

You don't have sense enough to know that when you sling dirt on others that you get it on you.

Soap and water wont wash off the garbage you carry around in you duffel bag ...

so you can have it near... to throw it in the face of

others.

#409797 Dec 15, 2012
who="Hermeneutics Smutics" Thanks for your thought.I did not know this re the Founding Fathers. I dont know that the government can say you must obey our laws based on Judeo Christian Principles.The question would become which Christian principles? Which denimination? Then we get into some religious fanatics who can abridge your rights and my rights.And it moves to a Theocracy which can be dangerous especially depending on whose in charge.

Check out our laws. No murder, no stealing, no moving property boundaries, no adultery (that one is ignored. Did you know that one could be prosecuted for home-breaking in this country? That one is being ignored, too.) All of these and others come straight from the Bible.

The first ammendment specifically protects us from a Congressional move to honor one denomination over another, keeping us from that Theocracy problem.
De: separated by...
-nom: name
-in: in
-ation: action

A name in action. Names: Baptist, Orthodox, Presbyterian, Pentecostal, Catholic...all 'NAMES by which Christianity is separated. The action of such names/groups.

Congress cannot favor one over the other.

KayMarie
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#409798 Dec 15, 2012
i am looking for johns post about me and i saw this to show mike.lol

christian rabbi

Since: Jan 08

Greenville, OH
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#37156 Jun 28, 2008
Judged:
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Dig up that post where you reminded me of the correct day.
NOPE< If i had to dig up posts where I correct you, I wouldnt have time to feed my horses, you are so ignorant on the Word of God.

#409799 Dec 15, 2012
who="ReginaM"
Yes, I suppose they can. So perhaps they'd better get used to private citizens not spending their money in their establishments until they change their tune. I wish! Too bad people are so materialistic. All Christians should boycott retailers for one Christmas season and make their gifts from stuff they have at home.
Maybe then they would change their mantra from "Gimme, gimme, gimme, while we kick you in the behind, laughing all the way to the bank" to "Merry Christmas, Mr. and Mrs. Private Citizen. Macy's wishes you a blessed and holy season!"
As far as the government goes, sure let's everybody take the day off in the name of Jesus, while we outlaw your nativity scenes and prayers and any acknowledgment thereof. What's wrong with this picture?
Btw, whenever a store clerk wishes me a "Happy Holiday", I loudly respond "Merry CHRISTMAS"! Without fail, each and every one gives me a nod and says "Merry Christmas" back! I've been doing this for years.

They fail to realize that they get that extra day off, and extra bonuses, BESIDES the gifts and love they receive are BECAUSE OF JESUS.

I also say Merry Christmas to them...
KayMarie
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#409800 Dec 15, 2012
Buckster
“May contain peanuts.”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Jun 28, 2008 God is faithful wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not proof the The Roman Catholic Church has ever existed as a Christian Church,,,
A Christian Church follows the teachings Of Christ
If it did Jesus referenced it in
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the ****abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and ****sorcerers, and ****idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
What are you talking about now? Who are you questioning old man? Me?

#409801 Dec 15, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and you stink from the garbage that you hauled.
~~~
At least I left the garbage at the dump...
You keep a bunch around so you can dig it up and throw it around..
You don't have sense enough to know that when you sling dirt on others that you get it on you.
Soap and water wont wash off the garbage you carry around in you duffel bag ...
so you can have it near... to throw it in the face of
others.
Hey
I don't enjoy throwing insults, but I am sick and tired of having to absorb all the jaw flapping and bad mouthing that is coming my way .

...from some mossey back hypocrite that supposed to be a christian, a preacher yet...

That behaves himself like a half starved vicious junk yard dog..

enough is enough ...especially when he is bearing his fangs toward my wife.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#409802 Dec 15, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Herme how are you doing , getting stronger I hope.
My little granddaughter was goes to school a little to close for comfort, in regards to all those children being shot yesterday Herme. They live in C.T.
My son emailed me right away and let me know she was home safe.
I was at the store today and I was reading about it in the paper and I almost started to cry.
One of the Moms was so beside herself with grief, it breaks my heart.
My little granddaughter who lives with me her school was shut down twice this year, do to weapons.
I am so thankful that your grandaughter is safe. I do not think I could bear losing a grandson this way. Unspeakable. I do not understand.
I am coming along.I am hopeful. Thank you for your concern.
The key is if the fluid comes back into my lungs. So far none. I am thankful and hopeful. God will not abandon me either way. However I am sick of hospitals and my wife is sick of the 1/2 hr to hr drive to see me.Prase Christ for He is good . hatever happens He will never abandon me.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#409803 Dec 15, 2012
who="Hermeneutics Smutics" Thanks for your thought.I did not know this re the Founding Fathers. I dont know that the government can say you must obey our laws based on Judeo Christian Principles.The question would become which Christian principles? Which denimination? Then we get into some religious fanatics who can abridge your rights and my rights.And it moves to a Theocracy which can be dangerous especially depending on whose in charge.
Check out our laws. No murder, no stealing, no moving property boundaries, no adultery (that one is ignored. Did you know that one could be prosecuted for home-breaking in this country? That one is being ignored, too.) All of these and others come straight from the Bible.
The first ammendment specifically protects us from a Congressional move to honor one denomination over another, keeping us from that Theocracy problem.
De: separated by...
-nom: name
-in: in
-ation: action
A name in action. Names: Baptist, Orthodox, Presbyterian, Pentecostal, Catholic...all 'NAMES by which Christianity is separated. The action of such names/groups.
Congress cannot favor one over the other.
KayMarie
Did not known that. Thanx
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#409804 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I had not seen this post, but I gave the same type of answer. he thinks that he can bully people into silence by threating them with legal methods.
1 Cor.
I scratched your bible verse quoting Pauls letter to the Corrinthians because it was irrelevant to what Anthony said. This is what we mean when we say you manipulate Bible verses.

#409805 Dec 15, 2012
who="Hermeneutics Smutics"I am so thankful that your grandaughter is safe. I do not think I could bear losing a grandson this way. Unspeakable. I do not understand.
I am coming along.I am hopeful. Thank you for your concern.
The key is if the fluid comes back into my lungs. So far none. I am thankful and hopeful. God will not abandon me either way. However I am sick of hospitals and my wife is sick of the 1/2 hr to hr drive to see me.Prase Christ for He is good . hatever happens He will never abandon me.

He has promised NEVER to forsake us...and we know that His Promises can be trusted. He keeps His Word faithfully.

We are asking Him to keep you, and let you 'declare His glory'. Ps. 115

KayMarie
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#409806 Dec 15, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I scratched your bible verse quoting Pauls letter to the Corrinthians because it was irrelevant to what Anthony said. This is what we mean when we say you manipulate Bible verses.
I posted that verse to you to show that gif was not obeying the bible.by threatening anthony with court action.

now read it in that context.

1 Cor. 6:5-7 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#409807 Dec 15, 2012
and that verse was very revelent to what gif said to anthony. a few weeks ago, we had to file a court eviction to get this woman out of our house who was stealing us blind. so it costs us 100.00 but she moved and cathie and I never went to court. but in this instance, you do not have a guilty party and Anthony was not guilty of what gif implied and you and I both addressed that to him, not that it mattered to him

I guess that I didnt clarify what I was trying to say to you. my bad.
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#409808 Dec 15, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, I see what you are talking about. I should have left of the last two sentances, anyway that verse is saying that if you are a chrsitian you shouldnt take your brother to court.

and I dont manipulate any Scriptures.BTW. I posted it as it is.
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#409809 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Hey
I don't enjoy throwing insults, but I am sick and tired of having to absorb all the jaw flapping and bad mouthing that is coming my way .
...from some mossey back hypocrite that supposed to be a christian, a preacher yet...
That behaves himself like a half starved vicious junk yard dog..
enough is enough ...especially when he is bearing his fangs toward my wife.
first, your anger was towards anthony now since I do beleive that you are entirely off base and not acting like a christian should, by threatening him with court action, you throw it up to me about bearing my fangs toward your wife.

well guess what, she is as much a fraud as you are and she has been proven as such.

I DONT TELL HER OR ASK HER TO LIE, SHE DOES THAT ON HER OWN AND AS SUCH BEARS HER OWN RESPONSIBILITY TOWARDS THOSE SINFUL ACTS
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#409810 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
and that verse was very revelent to what gif said to anthony. a few weeks ago, we had to file a court eviction to get this woman out of our house who was stealing us blind. so it costs us 100.00 but she moved and cathie and I never went to court. but in this instance, you do not have a guilty party and Anthony was not guilty of what gif implied and you and I both addressed that to him, not that it mattered to him
I guess that I didnt clarify what I was trying to say to you. my bad.
I'm not understanding if you are defending his usage of the verse or not. Please clarify.

What I'm sayin is: Anthony clearly wasn't threatening him or Kay. So the verse is irrelevant. Hence, I said Confrint was manipulating bible verses.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#409811 Dec 15, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing he believed that we don't, as he told you many times. Playing the little division game again, are you? LOL!
You're a jealous and cruel man who just can't seem to stop himself. I'm sorry for you.
He believed that the office of the papacy was unbiblical said so. Is that what you believe? Or do you want to retract your ignorant statement? You are clueless. No wonder you have become PERCY"S little minion.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#409812 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I can tell you this, there are others on here who now beleive that you were trolling as oddjg, you gave yourself away, and people saw it.lol
Only people who are as stupid as you would believe that. I can't fix stupid.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#409813 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, it was the other way around. I knew very quickly that you and marge were mising some bolts and screws.
and several times, YOU HAVE SAID MY KNOWLEGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF THE BIBLE WAS VERY [email protected] AND I DONT GET DUMB JUST BECAUSE YOU TURNED AGAINST ME .
Then why do you get dumb? You have been dumb and obnoxioux ever since I have been on here. And your lack of understanding of scripture is laughable. And for you to even think that you were ever a preacher is priceless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min nanoanomaly 981,315
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Buck Crick 104,725
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 58 min Peter Ross 445,814
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 58 min andet1987 10
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 1 hr andet1987 66
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,296
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr _Drifter 4,052
More from around the web