Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658576 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#409771 Dec 15, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Any rational person knows what Anthony means.
Don't play word games when you know darn well he's sayin.
I have already discussed his post it with a retired Sargent of the police Dept.

It might be word games to you but it could be very different in the eyes of the authorities.

A person should not make wild statements...That threaten others, not even in jest.
LTM

Stoney Creek, Canada

#409772 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the fruit of my Preaching is in a church, this isnt a church pe se,
and I have proof that I can preach a little.
my first revival lasted for 21 days in which I Preached 20 days out of those 21. we Baptised over 30 people who were saved during that revival. one includes my daughter who still loves and serves tha Lord.and the Last time that I preached when my Grand daughter was present, she also got Saved.
those are pretty good fruits as far as I am concerned, and when you tell the Truth, It aint boasting.
but when orville attacked me constantly, you chose to do evil and attack me even when I showed you that the attacks were coming from him. I showed one post where he was taking words that I supposely said and then using false links that didnt show my words and posts.
you can support those kinds of people all day long, I dont care. it shows how stupid and ignorant that you are and have been since you first came on this forum and you cant change the TRUTH.
now cuss me again, filthy one.
What you preach in the pulpit, has to be seen on the street Preston you must beable to walk your talk.
If you can't you have no business in a pulpit.
If you don't know that Preston your the ignorant one. all you would be doing is confusing people.
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#409773 Dec 15, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>LOL I eat meat including pork and also believe in the trinity as the God head Father , Son, Holy Ghost.
I wouldnt beleive anything that a sda says. so I am calling you a liar.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#409774 Dec 15, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Does not matter if I believe that or not I know who died for me on the cross for my sins.
I also told you messenger does not always refer to a celestial created being and in some case men in the bible were refered to as an angel/messenger. you have to read it withint he context like when the Lord wrestled with Jacob it starts out saying angel then the Lord identifys it is his self that is the messenger.
Either way my salvation is not based on Micahel's identity.
:p
It is if you believe St. Michael is Jesus.
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#409775 Dec 15, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Any rational person knows what Anthony means.
Don't play word games when you know darn well he's sayin.
I had not seen this post, but I gave the same type of answer. he thinks that he can bully people into silence by threating them with legal methods.

1 Cor. 6:5-7 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

#409776 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>WHY IN THE WORLD DONT YOU SHUT UP AND GO AWAY?
YOU HAVE BEEN A PERSON THAT LIES AND CHANGES THE INTENT AND MEANINGS OF EVERY PERSON THAT DISAGREES WITH YOU ON THIS FORUM.
I undestood easily what he is refering to when he said it wouldnt hurt much.
the hurt is to her pride, stupid.
you certainly dont have that gift of discernement as to what people are saying, do you not possess it because of your following the charlatans like benny hen who is always clucking?
you and your wife brag about your 125 of Bible study and both of you are as ignorant as LTM and that is the truth. now sue me.
and this is what he meant by "straighting her out", however I dont think that he can do that. her pride is to much to be rebuked, because of her ignorance
~~~

Who pulled you chain any way?...You need not come out of your dog house

and start Yelping.

#409777 Dec 15, 2012
who="Michael"
What religion is God? Thats right, no religion.
BUSTED!

Religion:
Re: in reference to
-lig: same root as ligament
-ion: meaning action

The ACTION of a body LIGAMENTED together. All religions/bodies/families, etc., are BODIES. The difference is the HEAD (president, father, king, etc.) of the body.

The HEAD of Christianity is CHRIST.

KayMarie
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#409778 Dec 15, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
What you preach in the pulpit, has to be seen on the street Preston you must beable to walk your talk.
If you can't you have no business in a pulpit.
If you don't know that Preston your the ignorant one. all you would be doing is confusing people.
just because I know that you are ignorant has nothing to do with my ability to preach.

one of the Gifts that God gave me was to spot phonies very quickly, I do have that discernement, as I proved to mr fraud when I show him that he was stealing from his church magazines.

and again,(why do i have to continue to tell you) you and marge were easy to spot.
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#409779 Dec 15, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Who pulled you chain any way?...You need not come out of your dog house
and start Yelping.
IWILL STEP UP ANY TIME WHEN PEOPLE START LYING, I HAVENT CHANGED, UNLIKE YOU, I STAND FOR THE TRUTH.

so why dont you go back in your birdcage, parrot.at not time did he threaten you wife. and you knew it.
LTM

Stoney Creek, Canada

#409780 Dec 15, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't underestimate me, LTM. I happen to agree with Preston on a few things. If you're so against what he posts, then why do you give the others a pass when they do the same thing? Do you rebuke 4bdn when he constantly taunts and insults Hojo and the other Catholics here? No, you don't. Preston has always been outspoken. Why is this suddenly a problem for you? Is it because he's not coming down on Catholics this time? If he was, you'd be cheering him on.
HOJO Anthony give as good as they get. 4gvn and I have had misunderstanding awhile back as you know, same with Marge, when you and I and a couple of the other girls started up a new thread because of the name calling.
We were all praying for John to get well, then he passed away.
John was a good person, for Preston to keep using John to win an arguement is wrong Regina. He is not here, so we have no way of knowing if Preston is telling the truth or not about him repecting or being a friend of John's.
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#409781 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text>
I have already discussed his post it with a retired Sargent of the police Dept.
It might be word games to you but it could be very different in the eyes of the authorities.
A person should not make wild statements...That threaten others, not even in jest.
he isnt ajudge, so what he says doesnt matter. ignorant.

two of us knew immediately what he said and what he meant. and anything that you said to that cop would and was a lie.

#409782 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>IWILL STEP UP ANY TIME WHEN PEOPLE START LYING, I HAVENT CHANGED, UNLIKE YOU, I STAND FOR THE TRUTH.
so why dont you go back in your birdcage, parrot.at not time did he threaten you wife. and you knew it.
~~~

DOWN BOY .... pat pat pat

You have the graciousness of a half starved junk yard dog..
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#409783 Dec 15, 2012
LTM SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT MR FRAUD NOT BEING A PREACHER, HE CERTAINLY POSSESSES NO TRAITS OF ONE, HE LIES CONSTANTLY
and the truth isnt in him
IT IS ASHAME THAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO ACT LIKE CHILDREN,IF YOU SOMETHING TO ME OR ABOUT ME, I AM GONNA TELL MY DADDY

if you cant handle this forum, old man. leave.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#409784 Dec 15, 2012
who="hojo"
So please tell me, how do know that every Catholic priest who has been accused of sexual abuse as well as every Protestant Minister/preacher who has been (also) accused of sexual abuse----has not "already" confessed their sin and "been cleansed"!
If any or all of them have made their confession--they are then "cleansed from all unrighteousness" and are NOT sinners anymore!!---- Isn't that right!!!----Do you know their hearts?? Do you have clear "insight" as to whether this priests and preachers have or have not confessed their sin?? If not--then Who are "you" to "make this judgement!!! You are beginning to sound like your condemning and judgemental husband!!!
I do not claim to know their hearts. I did not judge them. I said that God offers forgiveness and cleansing to those who ask.
If they are forgiven...they should not be continuing in their sin. Nor should their superiors be covering their sin, and they should be making it plain that THEY DO NOT APPROVE THE SIN. The general 'picture' on this forum, is that they should not be condemned, even when they continue on the same path. OR...that they are just not as bad as the Protestants.
It is NOT O.K.
KayMarie
There's no reason to even bring it up, Kay. One wonders why you constantly do so.

Excerpts of an article written by non-Catholic Sam Miller - a prominent Cleveland Jewish businessman:

"Why would newspapers carry on a vendetta on one of the most important institutions that we have today in the United States, namely the Catholic Church?

Do you know - the Catholic Church educates 2.6 million students everyday at the cost to that Church of 10 billion dollars, and a savings on the other hand to the American taxpayer of 18 billion dollars. The graduates go on to graduate studies at the rate of 92%.

The Church has 230 colleges and universities in the U.S. with an enrollment of 700,000 students.

The Catholic Church has a non-profit hospital system of 637 hospitals, which account for hospital treatment of 1 out of every 5 people - not just Catholics - in the United States today

But the press is vindictive and trying to totally denigrate in every way the Catholic Church in this country. They have blamed the disease of pedophilia on the Catholic Church, which is as irresponsible as blaming adultery on the institution of marriage.

Let me give you some figures that Catholics should know and remember. For example, 12% of the 300 Protestant clergy surveyed admitted to sexual intercourse with a parishioner; 38% acknowledged other inappropriate sexual contact in a study by the United Methodist Church , 41.8% of clergy women reported unwanted sexual behavior; 17% of laywomen have been sexually harassed.

Meanwhile, 1.7% of the Catholic clergy has been found guilty of pedophilia. 10% of the Protestant ministers have been found guilty of pedophilia. This is not a Catholic Problem.

A study of American priests showed that most are happy in the priesthood and find it even better than they had expected, and that most, if given the choice, would choose to be priests again in face of all this obnoxious PR the church has been receiving.

The Catholic Church is bleeding from self-inflicted wounds. The agony that Catholics have felt and suffered is not necessarily the fault of the Church. You have been hurt by a small number of wayward priests that have probably been totally weeded out by now.

Walk with your shoulders high and you head higher. Be a proud member of the most important non-governmental agency in the United States. Then remember what Jeremiah said:'Stand by the roads, and look and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is and walk in it, and find rest for your souls'. Be proud to speak up for your faith with pride and reverence and learn what your Church does for all other religions.

Be proud that you're a Catholic."
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#409785 Dec 15, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO Anthony give as good as they get. 4gvn and I have had misunderstanding awhile back as you know, same with Marge, when you and I and a couple of the other girls started up a new thread because of the name calling.
We were all praying for John to get well, then he passed away.
John was a good person, for Preston to keep using John to win an arguement is wrong Regina. He is not here, so we have no way of knowing if Preston is telling the truth or not about him repecting or being a friend of John's.
I have always known that John and I were friends and it dates way back before you stuck your stupid nose on this forum.

do you remember Mary hammond? I do.and she and I talked on email back then and I think that I still have her email addy.
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#409786 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
DOWN BOY .... pat pat pat
You have the graciousness of a half starved junk yard dog..
and you stink from the garbage that you hauled.
LTM

Stoney Creek, Canada

#409787 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>just because I know that you are ignorant has nothing to do with my ability to preach.
one of the Gifts that God gave me was to spot phonies very quickly, I do have that discernement, as I proved to mr fraud when I show him that he was stealing from his church magazines.
and again,(why do i have to continue to tell you) you and marge were easy to spot.
go take a long hard look at yourself , I am done .
Me and Marge are just woman Preston never claim to be anything but to love God.
But you Preston better be all you claim to be in God.
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#409788 Dec 15, 2012
It implies that one is socially unable to deal with one's equals, therefore heaping up more dishonor.

Thus the problem for Paul's people is clear. Christianity was supposed to make every convert equal in status; if a brother took a brother to court, it was an effective denial of equality before Christ, and also in effect a denial of Christ's power (as it was in another situation) to make all persons equal

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#409789 Dec 15, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, but Christmas is a national holiday. Government offices are closed. So it's all right to keep the parts that they like and reject the rest?
Also, the retail market makes or breaks on Christmas shopping, yet "Merry Christmas" is forbidden. If they're going to take my money, they'd better acknowledge why.
Private businesses can post and say what they want.As far as public holiday, I have not given that any thought. I will.

#409790 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
LTM SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT MR FRAUD NOT BEING A PREACHER, HE CERTAINLY POSSESSES NO TRAITS OF ONE, HE LIES CONSTANTLY
and the truth isnt in him
IT IS ASHAME THAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO ACT LIKE CHILDREN,IF YOU SOMETHING TO ME OR ABOUT ME, I AM GONNA TELL MY DADDY
if you cant handle this forum, old man. leave.
~~~

You wouldn't have any thing to rattle you chompers about if I left...

and even if I did it would not make you be loving and kind...

Just because your nose looks like a banana doesn't mean that you are one of the bunch..

Just because you have swopped sides and are rooting for the Catholics

doesn't mean that you will be peaceful with them..

You have no peace and you can't be peacable with any one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Catcher1 70,687
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min here 282,954
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 38 min crucifiedguy 4,970
Why driving for Uber is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 1 hr YouDidntBuildThat 5
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 1 hr Dave 247
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Toby 974,705
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 3 hr Hilary 95
More from around the web