Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603268 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pete

Alton, MO

#409567 Dec 14, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is friday, do you pick and choose if you want to observe Shabat between friday evening and sat evening?
HYPOCRITE.
You gots to love all the Holy Wars this time of years.At least, the Moslims in Michigan are making more babies than a sperm whale.....They plan on taking over the world thru a Population War.....God Bless America!
Anthony MN

United States

#409568 Dec 14, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>According to YOU(no spam,please) what does it mean to get saved? You have been a catholic all your life. You should be able to answer some questions on your own, don't you think? What are you saved from. What does the 'bible' say takes place when a person is saved.
4gvn (maybe you should give me your name, it's goofy to address you this way), you are not the debate monitor. I've asked you a hundred questions which you've never answered. But I will take the high road and try to answer yours.

1. I am saved by God's grace at this moment.
I continue to be saved by working out my salvation with fear and trembling through cooperation with the grace that God pours out on me.
I will be saved if I endure to the end of my life in God's grace.

2. I'm saved from eternal damnation and will enjoy eternal joy in God's presence.

3. The bible says as I've stated above.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#409569 Dec 14, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
I thought all was clear....
About what?

You've still yet to answer, "Where does 'God' say that Gnosticism is heresy?"

So, no I am not clear on where "God" says this.

You think you are clear on it, but somehow, don't want to post the information for others to use.

Why not just post the specific "God's statement"?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>There may not be much time left for you. So I need to keep it quick for your sake. Your mind may be occupied on other things....
Are you psychic? Because you speculate that I am going to die.

Good news for all - nope, not yet.

*knocks on wood*

Then again, no one, not even you, know when that day will come, huh?

But is it fun to speculate about others.

:o)
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I am concerned for you.

Don't be.

You have no connection to me, except through this forum. You are projecting.

What can you do for me anyhow?

*smiles*
This will be interesting.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>We are getting close to the end of 12/21/12, and I hope you aren't the guy in N.M who is going to jump off some huge cliff, and expect the Universe to catch him.(But he said he wanted money, so I doubt he will.)
Nah - that's not me. I hope I didn't disappoint you.

1. I'm not as foolish as you implicate.
2. I have a family that i love and they love me, so I wouldn't do such things without some sort of training in parachuting or hand gliding. So you can now end any speculation on that issue, or one that you've seemed to have preconceived about me.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>But don't worry anyway.
I don't worry.

Worrying are for those who are scared of what is to come of them.

If you haven't done anything wrong, then there is no need to worry.

Live in the moment, you'll see life as you never have.

Accept and realize the moment you are currently in, for all others are just "gimmees".
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>I am looking forward to Christmas....And you should be as well. We don't go by the Mayan calendar...lol.
Oh - I love Christmas, thanks for thinking I don't.

You sure do have alot of preconceived notions about me. I'll bet most if all are wrong.

I also don't go by the Mayan calendar, as I am not of that age.

I'm wondering if you even know anything about who put the calendar together, what it represents, or why the calendar came into the Mayan world. Do you know any of these?

I can truthfully state that I do. You will learn something you didn't.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>I don't remember the name of one of the Mayan prophets for New Agers, but if the world does not come to an end, doesn't that make his "enlightenment" a bit suspect?
"According to 13th Generation Maya Priest, Grandfather Don Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj, the calendars were originally given to the Maya peoples by the 4 Original Prophets from the Stars. They are very confident of the celestial origins of their sacred time science."
http://www.13moon.com/prophecy%20page.htm

"but if the world does not come to an end, doesn't that make his "enlightenment" a bit suspect?"
- it isn't the end of the world. I'm sorry to disappoint you and the destruction you had hoped for.
- People like you who "pray" to have these apocalyptic stories come to fruition are why people are violent. It's fear. You don't have to be afraid. Believe in Jesus, right? Yet you don't.
- I guess one could also say that the "Jesus is coming back" story would fall into the same category, huh? But you refuse to see it this way, because there hasn't been a stated time to when your belief's story is supposed to occur. Looks like you are safe.

Just so I do leave you with some information, maybe this one will help you better understand 12-21-12:

http://2012rising.com/article/the-galactic-al...

You should learn about the myths you love and fear.

Albuquerque, NM

#409570 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what your church is up to Anthony.
http://ncronline.org/blogs/grace-margins/roma...
Its going to downsize again! and become a SECT. Good idea.
Hmmmm.....can you feel it in the air?!!
Anthony MN

United States

#409571 Dec 14, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I know just what you mean.imagine living under the roof with someone just as dumb as you are.
ananias and Sapphira.
The major sin of Ananias and Sapphira was dishonesty, deceit, hypocrisy, pretense, presenting a false image of themselves, implying a greater spirituality than they actually possessed, letting people think more highly of them than what they knew was warranted. They were more interested in appearances than in reality.
whoever wrote that said it very well. just like they knew mr and mrs fraud
Yes, an incredibly accurate description. There's still time for repentance, God willing.

Albuquerque, NM

#409572 Dec 14, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I am who I say that I am.satisfied?
SELF! You've finally got it.

"Satisfied?"

- one needs to be satisfied with their-self through honesty and love in order to show it in the works they do.

So far Preston, you've failed at being honest.

Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409573 Dec 14, 2012
Obama Tells Troops “Don’t Criticize The Taliban”

Posted on December 12, 2012

The Obama Administration has ordered changes in a new military handbook to now forbid U.S soldiers from criticizing the Taliban. In addition, our men in uniform are forbidden to disparage pedophilia. Even further, our soldiers are instructed not to speak of women’s rights. Or homosexuality. Or criticism of Afghans at all. The manual, which runs 75 pages, insinuates that the reason for the insider attacks among our troops by Muslims is that we are ignorant of Afghani culture. The handbook intones:“Better situational awareness/understanding of Afghan culture will help better prepare [troops] to more effectively partner and to avoid cultural conflict that can lead toward green-on-blue violence.” It’s our insensitivity that fosters the sneak attacks inside our armed services. 63 of our soldiers have been murdered in almost 40 insider attacks just this year. U.S. Marine General John Allen, the top commander in Afghanistan,“does not approve of its contents,” according to a military spokesman. This follows an Obama Administration decision in 2012 that removed any materials that portrayed Muslims negatively. The FBI was ordered by Obama to eviscerate instructional material that shows Muslims as violent or open to becoming terrorists. And it’s not just the FBI; almost all federal agencies are now tasked with Muslim outreach. The Justice Department has an Islamic civil rights program, Homeland Security has coffee with Muslim organizations that are radical, and even NASA was pushed on Muslim diplomacy.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#409574 Dec 14, 2012
who="atemcowboy"I certainly am not that blatant ignorant.
and most of my mistakes are typing errors, not SPALING.lol
firs it was only one word, not two.
and second, it was not hy, it is hi.

Spelling, not SPALING...

KM

Albuquerque, NM

#409575 Dec 14, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
I think you need to check out the latest science reports. It was they who said that we can only see about 3 % of available light.

KayMarie
You are confused.

You've actually misconstrued the meaning of "3% of available light".

You should have stated it this way:
"What percentage of the electromagnetic spectrum is visible light?"
- "available light" - is actually a misnomer to the spectrum of the many different electromagnetic wavelengths that the human eye cannot see. As many of them will cause damage to out eyes if exposed directly. Humans have created devices to limit this exposure through sunglasses. Pretty cool device if you ask me.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_percentage_of_...

Roughly the visible region is 300 nm to 650. so that's 350 nm total. The electromagnetic spectrum goes from 10 Megameters to 1 picometer. So the percentage of the spectrum occupied by visible light is tiny, just 3.5 X 10-9 divided by 10^19.

So that's 3.5x10-26 %.{you were close, just using it incorrectly)

So many zeros....! Yikes.

Gamma rays (picometers)(10-12)
Hard X-rays
Soft X-Rays
Extreme ultraviolet
Near ultraviolet
Visible light
Near infrared
Moderate infrared
Far infrared
Extremely high frequency (Microwaves)
Super high frequency (Microwaves)
Ultra high frequency (Radio)
Very high frequency (Radio)
High frequency (Radio)
Medium frequency (Radio)
Low frequency (Radio)
Very low frequency (Radio)
Voice frequency (Radio)
Extremely low frequency (Radio) 10 Megameters (10 X 106)

Albuquerque, NM

#409576 Dec 14, 2012
LTM wrote:
Obama Tells Troops “Don’t Criticize The Taliban”
Posted on December 12, 2012
The Obama Administration has ordered changes in a new military handbook to now forbid U.S soldiers from criticizing the Taliban. In addition, our men in uniform are forbidden to disparage pedophilia. Even further, our soldiers are instructed not to speak of women’s rights. Or homosexuality. Or criticism of Afghans at all. The manual, which runs 75 pages, insinuates that the reason for the insider attacks among our troops by Muslims is that we are ignorant of Afghani culture. The handbook intones:“Better situational awareness/understanding of Afghan culture will help better prepare [troops] to more effectively partner and to avoid cultural conflict that can lead toward green-on-blue violence.” It’s our insensitivity that fosters the sneak attacks inside our armed services. 63 of our soldiers have been murdered in almost 40 insider attacks just this year. U.S. Marine General John Allen, the top commander in Afghanistan,“does not approve of its contents,” according to a military spokesman. This follows an Obama Administration decision in 2012 that removed any materials that portrayed Muslims negatively. The FBI was ordered by Obama to eviscerate instructional material that shows Muslims as violent or open to becoming terrorists. And it’s not just the FBI; almost all federal agencies are now tasked with Muslim outreach. The Justice Department has an Islamic civil rights program, Homeland Security has coffee with Muslim organizations that are radical, and even NASA was pushed on Muslim diplomacy.
This is off-topic, but I wanted to ask you....

Do you think the soldiers should "criticize the Taliban"?

If so, why?

If not, why?

Thanks!

Happy Holidays!
newsReports

AOL

#409577 Dec 14, 2012

***ISRAEL -- POPE meet RE: MIDEAST PEACE

&fe ature=plcp

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409578 Dec 14, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no street lights here in the holler either LTM.
It is pitch dark out at night.
Last night around 12:00 I went outside for the last time.
All together,I seen 20 shooting stars,well that's what I call them.
I thought I was gonna break my neck looking straight up like I did.
I bet it's beautiful up there where you live.
Hi FOL I can go in any direction for about 15 - 20 minutes and I am in the bush camping, in a boat witha rod in my hand. Inco just about destroyed this place with mining, but in the 40 years I have lived here it has changed big time.
My husband worked for the city after he left Inco, planting trees and doing landscaping . I live in a crater, left over from a meteor.
Scientists have developed computer models to analyze the power of meteor impacts. They believe the Sudbury meteor, six to 12 miles in diameter, exploded on impact with the blast of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs.

"We ... believe that the meteor impact fractured the crust of the Earth to great depths and then rocks or magma, molten rocks from deep down in the Earth, came up and spread along between these younger rocks and the old crater wall," Meyer said.

(19 se./854K QuickTime movie)

The impact shattered and scattered rocks, which rolled so much that they became smooth and round, Meyer said. Then, the rocks melded together, creating a 5,000-foot deep layer of rock that now is considered the Sudbury Meteor Basin.

Meyer offered a geological formation called "shatter cones" as evidence that a meteor hit Sudbury. Scientists long maintained that a volcano could have created the mineral deposits and conglomerate rocks of Sudbury, but when the shatter cones were discovered 30 years ago in Sudbury, they all but shattered the volcano theory.

"You can do this with dynamite explosions on a very local scale. You can do it in a nuclear explosions. But to the best of my knowledge, they've never been found associated with any volcanic explosion. So this is very strong piece of evidence of a meteor impact," Meyer said.

We have a very clean city now lots of trees, clean lakes, My sister came up here and ask were all the rocks were she was surprised to see so many trees.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409579 Dec 14, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
This is off-topic, but I wanted to ask you....
Do you think the soldiers should "criticize the Taliban"?
If so, why?
If not, why?
Thanks!
Happy Holidays!
Would it bother you to know that USA soldiers at being killed with American weapons . Give to them by a former President and CIA .
I am bothered by the fact that Musliums can come into my country and tell me I can't read the bible or pray openly because it offends them "AND OUR GOVERNMENTS TAKE MY RIGHTS AWAY" HOW MANY AMERICAN SOLDIERS DIED FOR THOSE VERY RIGHTS, Go to their countries and try it they will cut your head off.
You have a President that stopPED christian prayes near the White house and allowed Musliums on the front Lawn of the whitehouse to Pray to Allah a Muslium god. "NOT THE GOD OF ISRAEL THE GREAT I AM"
ITS HARD TO SWALLOW WHEN YOUR OWN GOVERNMENT , IS ON THE SIDE OF THE ENEMY.
THE ANSWER TO YOU QUESTION IS YES

#409580 Dec 14, 2012
who="atemcowboy"aw!! !!/ does the itty bitty baby have to hide behind wifey's shirt once again?lol
ignorance is a problem for BOTH of you two. neither of you know much about the Bible and it shows.
you cant even teach what the Aposltes taught and recorded, andw e see it every day.
if he attended a Bible college and doesnt know any more than he does. YOU SHOULD ASK FOR A REFUND.THAT WAS WASTED MONEY AND CLASS SPACE THAT COULD AHVE BEEN USED FOR A STUDENT WITH AN IQ OVER 75, LIKE MR FRAUD POSSESSES

Would you defend your wife if someone shamed her continually? Would she have to ask you?(We have not discussed that post.)

Of course you would not. I know your kind, and their families suffer as much or more than others whom they 'bark at'. Your son was derided because he wanted to take a college course that was 'beneath' YOU. His ego is likely still 'smarting'.

Be what you want to be. But know that there is a terrible price to pay.

KayMarie

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#409581 Dec 14, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it bother you to know that USA soldiers at being killed with American weapons . Give to them by a former President and CIA .
I am bothered by the fact that Musliums can come into my country and tell me I can't read the bible or pray openly because it offends them "AND OUR GOVERNMENTS TAKE MY RIGHTS AWAY" HOW MANY AMERICAN SOLDIERS DIED FOR THOSE VERY RIGHTS, Go to their countries and try it they will cut your head off.
You have a President that stopPED christian prayes near the White house and allowed Musliums on the front Lawn of the whitehouse to Pray to Allah a Muslium god. "NOT THE GOD OF ISRAEL THE GREAT I AM"
15Dec12.....

.....YOU have BobLoblah's back on this von.....and most Americans and other peoples of the Western nations along with quite a few countries with Democracy and Christian principals.

Ps:.....and da Truch shall set you Free.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

#409582 Dec 14, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>aw!!!!/ does the itty bitty baby have to hide behind wifey's shirt once again?lol
ignorance is a problem for BOTH of you two. neither of you know much about the Bible and it shows.
you cant even teach what the Aposltes taught and recorded, andw e see it every day.
if he attended a Bible college and doesnt know any more than he does. YOU SHOULD ASK FOR A REFUND.THAT WAS WASTED MONEY AND CLASS SPACE THAT COULD AHVE BEEN USED FOR A STUDENT WITH AN IQ OVER 75, LIKE MR FRAUD POSSESSES
~~~

Well now old bully wolly dun got his dander up cause my spelling

don't suit his fancy...Aint he jist the nicest one in the barn yard

If his brains wuz dinamight he woulnyt have nough to blow his nose.

All perfect idgits ds brag about their bein such brite brats.

aint he got class...

He do mo picken on people that Jonny cash do on his gettar.

His fust name be Adge and last be Tater ...he hate a common tater sech a me....caus he be jealous ....if he had one brain he be dangers.

last one dun bit the dust from lomsomeness.

Adge dun pieced out his mind til he aint got nun left...thas the danger of givin every body a piece o you mind. tant nuff to go round to every folk didn't ye know?

Sorry bout the tip o gripe o cle errors Im seventy eight and it's

gettin

late

I spose tis as gooder excuse as Prest on... the Great gives ...

shur nuff
Anthony MN

United States

#409583 Dec 14, 2012
who="atemcowboy"aw!! !!/ does the itty bitty baby have to hide behind wifey's shirt once again?lol
Would you defend your wife if someone shamed her continually? Would she have to ask you?(We have not discussed that post.)
Of course you would not. I know your kind, and their families suffer as much or more than others whom they 'bark at'. Your son was derided because he wanted to take a college course that was 'beneath' YOU. His ego is likely still 'smarting'.
Be what you want to be. But know that there is a terrible price to pay.
KayMarie
I'm not speaking for Preston Kay, but you have made some really disparaging statements about the pope and Catholics, and even after you were shown your error you continue to deny any wrongdoing. I for one would never mention it again if you were admit your mistake. What if find so disturbing about you and your husband is that you seem unwilling to consider it. It's almost as though you feel that because its Catholics you're hurting, you have no need to feel remorse, like we're not even human beings worthy of respect. I'm willing to offer an olive branch, but only if you stop spitting on us.

#409585 Dec 14, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not speaking for Preston Kay, but you have made some really disparaging statements about the pope and Catholics, and even after you were shown your error you continue to deny any wrongdoing. I for one would never mention it again if you were admit your mistake. What if find so disturbing about you and your husband is that you seem unwilling to consider it. It's almost as though you feel that because its Catholics you're hurting, you have no need to feel remorse, like we're not even human beings worthy of respect. I'm willing to offer an olive branch, but only if you stop spitting on us.
~~~

Just don't hold you breath till you get my wife and I to lie to/for
you.
whether you mention it or not, is up to you.

The truth is the truth if it hair-lips the devil, and it requires no remorse.

Respect is something that is earned..

If your Church wants respect from us or the rest of the world.. bring forth proof of repentance.

I have respect for all man the are respectful...

Having been pastor over the eastern sea board...from Virginia to Maine
I never expected any one to respect me just because of what my position is..I always worked to gain the respect of those I ministered to...

I respect you as a human being..but I do not agree with what your church stands for and teaches, nor the sin that it has attempted to cover up over the years.

If you want to continue your inquisition that is you choice...

Just remember my wife and I are both servants of the most high God, and your accountability of how you treat us will be to Him.

Albuquerque, NM

#409586 Dec 14, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a veteran of a foreign war LTM. My brothers and sisters in the field and abroad are always in my thoughts. I give them the thanks they deserve for protecting the freedoms we have.

You can suppose people hate others, and you can suppose it until the cows come home, but its people like you that just can't let it go, huh?

We all know of the deaths of our fellow Americans. It is done.

Does continuing to hate the enemy promote love and peace?
- further evidence that could show that you don't do what Jesus instructs - but we don't have to go there, now do we?

"To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God."

You are no better than those terrorists you fear.

Write your Congressperson about gun control - it's your freedom.
Anthony MN

United States

#409587 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Just don't hold you breath till you get my wife and I to lie to/for
you.
whether you mention it or not, is up to you.
The truth is the truth if it hair-lips the devil, and it requires no remorse.
Respect is something that is earned..
If your Church wants respect from us or the rest of the world.. bring forth proof of repentance.
I have respect for all man the are respectful...
Having been pastor over the eastern sea board...from Virginia to Maine
I never expected any one to respect me just because of what my position is..I always worked to gain the respect of those I ministered to...
I respect you as a human being..but I do not agree with what your church stands for and teaches, nor the sin that it has attempted to cover up over the years.
If you want to continue your inquisition that is you choice...
Just remember my wife and I are both servants of the most high God, and your accountability of how you treat us will be to Him.
So be it.

Prepare to be held accountable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min dollarsbill 8,074
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Stilgar Fifrawi 879,254
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Pegasus 272,896
http://www.muscatmassage-service.com/ call us ... (Jan '15) 1 hr Jake 3
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 1 hr Blackhawk 88
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 2 hr Keny 492
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Neville Thompson 41,146
The Christian Atheist debate 4 hr feces for jesus 3,850
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) Sun The swamiji 7,626
More from around the web