Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,448
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#409511 Dec 14, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth about what??
Confusing faith with fact.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409512 Dec 14, 2012
who="atemcowboy" help him out, will you anthony?
it is spelled hijacked, not hy jacked.lol
guess that Ananias never learned how to spell, while cleaning out those classrooms in that Bible college that he "attended"

You don't have any room for dissing someone over their spelling.
KM
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409513 Dec 14, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think the problems in today's society are the result of the Catholic Church's refusal to condone abortion, birth control and gay marriage.
It seems to me Mike that when one considers the long term effect of such a society, the Catholic Church is doing the correct thing for purposes of self preservation. If all your gay friends get married, all of your feminist friends use birth control and have a bunch of abortions, it will take maybe a generation or two for your crowd to die out. Keep pushing your agenda Mike, it helps the Church!!!
....My sister a more devout catholic than you Anthony her 40 year old son was gay, he died 3 years ago. I knew gay/lesbian kids in highschool. I knew some men from work were gay. I am sure you know gay people. I am hetro-sexual but I have nothing against gay people. I am not a bigot, as you are. You know yourself your catholic clergy has more gays than the general population. Whats your point?

The catholic church is not going to stop pre-marital sex, or contraceptives, or divorce, or catholics in greater numbers not attending mantatory sunday mass. The catholic church has lost complete control and they themselves have not set very good MORAL and ETHICAL standards themselves as you know Anthony.

What others do in their bedrooms are none of our business. Maybe you and your wife live EXACTLY as the church tells you to live, but in the real world it doesn't happen that way.

When I see the most holy catholics such as the 1,000 and counting priest association, and 47,000 nuns spending their lives helping the poor and down trodden, those are more important issues than beating the drum of whose divorced? Who is using condoms?

Worry about yourself and everyone else will do just fine.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409514 Dec 14, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Confusing faith with fact.
All the facts are about the catholic church...ok fine I agree but I'm not catholic so I really don't care. GEEZZZZ

kEEP UM COMING...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409515 Dec 14, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
He cannot argue against your facts, so his only recourse is to attack you. It's a troll thing.
I try to be nice to him, and this is how he treats me.

No more Mr. Niceguy!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409516 Dec 14, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what happened to all those prayers by those parents who were praying for their child to be safe.
And, I wonder why you don't use your brain before you speak....

I have, ABSOLUTELY, nothing to say to you....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409517 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....My sister a more devout catholic than you Anthony her 40 year old son was gay, he died 3 years ago. I knew gay/lesbian kids in highschool. I knew some men from work were gay. I am sure you know gay people. I am hetro-sexual but I have nothing against gay people. I am not a bigot, as you are. You know yourself your catholic clergy has more gays than the general population. Whats your point?
The catholic church is not going to stop pre-marital sex, or contraceptives, or divorce, or catholics in greater numbers not attending mantatory sunday mass. The catholic church has lost complete control and they themselves have not set very good MORAL and ETHICAL standards themselves as you know Anthony.
What others do in their bedrooms are none of our business. Maybe you and your wife live EXACTLY as the church tells you to live, but in the real world it doesn't happen that way.
When I see the most holy catholics such as the 1,000 and counting priest association, and 47,000 nuns spending their lives helping the poor and down trodden, those are more important issues than beating the drum of whose divorced? Who is using condoms?
Worry about yourself and everyone else will do just fine.
lol.

Gotcha right where it counts Mike.

Sadly for you and your agenda, the Church has weathered storms far more impressive than anything you and your secular progressive friends can cobble together. In a generation or two, with no procreation by gay couples, contraceptive and abortion lovers you'll be a blip in history.

Now I'll return to ignoring your tripe.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#409518 Dec 14, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks - I'm looking forward to your silence.

Why do you follow and believe men?

BTW - With your "self-righteous" attitude announcing that your prayers were answered while others were not, shows the kind of person you really are.

Your sanctimonious praise is complete bullshite and you are too blind to see it.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#409519 Dec 14, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the facts that I can't argue against?
Argue? You can argue any issue, you just cannot do it intelligently. You are a troll.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#409520 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to be nice to him, and this is how he treats me.
No more Mr. Niceguy!
I see That!:-)
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409521 Dec 14, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Marge, a fellow OSASer, says that Jesus was talking to Christians. That is true. Yet Jesus says even though they said "Lord, Lord" ,(only people of faith say that right?), they would suffer eternally if they didn't perform works of mercy.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx
You keep saying faith alone. Jesus and St. James say NOT faith alone.
James 2:14- What does it profit if a man (says) he has faith... So it is a man that 'claims' to have faith. But he has not works, can faith save him? What faith is he asking about? ANNSWER; a proclaimed faith that bears no evidence. Can 'this faith' save him? No. Do faith that does not produce works is dead. Verse 18 goes on to tell us that we can not show(witness) faith. We can only witness the results of true faith. True saving faith produces a change in us and causes us to want to do the works of He who saved us. I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT IT IS JUST A MATTER OF SAYING SOME WORDS, You have tryed to tie that to me. It is a heart felt sincere surrender, OBVIOUSLY. Verse 23 states clearly that ABRAHAM 'believed' and it was IMPUTED onto him for righteousness. As yo can see much of this passage is dealing with how we are to show forth our faith to MEN, not to God who knows our hearts. And the fact is Anthony, that you are taking one of the most contriversial books of the N.T. to try to build a doctrine upon to the exclusion of hundreds of quotes in other books. BOTTOM LINE: TRUE saving faith PRODUCES works in the life of a Christian. If the professed conversion produces no evidence the profesion would be very suspect. But even then, only God can know the heart of the individual.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409522 Dec 14, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Marge, a fellow OSASer, says that Jesus was talking to Christians. That is true. Yet Jesus says even though they said "Lord, Lord" ,(only people of faith say that right?), they would suffer eternally if they didn't perform works of mercy.
You keep saying faith alone. Jesus and St. James say NOT faith alone. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
James 2:14- What does it profit if a man (says) he has faith... So it is a man that 'claims' to have faith. But he has not works, can faith save him? What faith is he asking about? ANNSWER; a proclaimed faith that bears no evidence. Can 'this faith' save him? No. Do faith that does not produce works is dead. Verse 18 goes on to tell us that we can not show(witness) faith. We can only witness the results of true faith. True saving faith produces a change in us and causes us to want to do the works of He who saved us. I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT IT IS JUST A MATTER OF SAYING SOME WORDS, You have tryed to tie that to me. It is a heart felt sincere surrender, OBVIOUSLY. Verse 23 states clearly that ABRAHAM 'believed' and it was IMPUTED onto him for righteousness. As yo can see much of this passage is dealing with how we are to show forth our faith to MEN, not to God who knows our hearts. And the fact is Anthony, that you are taking one of the most contriversial books of the N.T. to try to build a doctrine upon to the exclusion of hundreds of quotes in other books. BOTTOM LINE: TRUE saving faith PRODUCES works in the life of a Christian. If the professed conversion produces no evidence the profesion would be very suspect. But even then, only God can know the heart of the individual.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#409523 Dec 14, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't handle the truth of the matter, huh?

Instead - you would rather hide behind the men who have caused you to believe in such a way.

If you believe that prayer works - wholeheartedly, then you would have already taken me up on being a part of my "prayer experiment".

But alas, you are a little child hiding behind the curtain, afraid to face those truth you don't want to be seen.

Hide yourself away little one - as you will not be able to hide from the truths forever.

Happy Holidays to you!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409524 Dec 14, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>help him out, will you anthony?
it is spelled hijacked, not hy jacked.lol
guess that Ananias never learned how to spell, while cleaning out those classrooms in that Bible college that he "attended"
I think ignorance is the least of his problems.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409525 Dec 14, 2012
Good grief, Anthony. When is the blood of Jesus applied to our hearts? When are we saved? When does the New birth occur? When does Jesus come into our hearts? When does the scripture say we HAVE eternal life? When are we 'sealed unto the day of redemption'? Shall I go on?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#409526 Dec 14, 2012
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/05/cath...

Catholics to be allowed into the royal club (sort of)

Doesn't this give anyone a Clue? Religion was created for power.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409527 Dec 14, 2012
4GVN wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Marge, a fellow OSASer, says that Jesus was talking to Christians. That is true. Yet Jesus says even though they said "Lord, Lord" ,(only people of faith say that right?), they would suffer eternally if they didn't perform works of mercy.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx
You keep saying faith alone. Jesus and St. James say NOT faith alone.
According to you, when a person gets saved for all eternity by faith alone, in that instant there's nothing you or anyone else on earth can do or say to change his status. Regardless of your suspicion, you can't claim that it didn't take. If you add "good works SHOULD be a result", you are changing your position. Sorry.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#409528 Dec 14, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
If you truly believe we must be more inclusive as to who is saved by God, then why be Catholic?
The RCC even today has a very narrow view.
http://www.agapebiblestudy.com/documents/Is%2...
Speaking of non-Catholics -- "to obtain salvation under those conditions is very difficult."
In other words, the RCC now graciously admits that a Protestant might go to Heaven, because in the end, it's all up to God -- but the RCC today says it is very difficult.
Wow, that's enlightened. 500 years ago, it was impossible.
Get real -- like the Highest Power in the Universe really cares into which religion you were indoctrinated?
Despite all the double-speak, that's still the fundamental RCC position.
Free Mind good friend

There is a balance....

It see-saws up and down until it comes to reston a "balance point".

One must not be indifferent, yet have a worthy faith to God.

The world says, "Everyone is the same.", or, "I'm OK, Your OK"....Indifferentism.... And from this arises governments good and bad....

In times past, there was a war on the balance point. Heresies grew up and in, on the Church. Therefore there was a need to weigh these on the balance, and make statements against them.

As time progressed the understanding brings back the state of balance concerning issues....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#409529 Dec 14, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I am so impressed that you read The Ladder.Most have never heard of it. I do believe we are kindred spirts
Herme good friend

I went and dug out my copy, and spent the last couple of hours going into it, and just went over some of the last couple of Chapters....Its deep. I was very impressed with the relationship of vainglory and pride....

I was rather interested also in the point he made that the simple soul is subject to blasphemous demons, while the "complex" soul rejects immediately....

But a corollary of this is that the simple and innocent soul does not have great rewards from struggle, while the complex soul fighting demons strengthens the soul and has greater reward....
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409530 Dec 14, 2012
I sure wasn't expecting this!!! Sung by one man
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Dave Nelson 778,326
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min Johnny 4,893
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min scirocco 119,692
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 25 min RiccardoFire 96,852
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min onemale 265,446
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 51 min truth 605,335
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 54 min risque 191
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 1 hr risque 137
More from around the web