Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,751
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#408983 Dec 12, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I may be ugly on the outside,
but I know that you are ugly on the inside.
AND WHAT IS FUNNY, IS THAT MY LOOKS ONLY BOTHERS YOU, LTM AND 4BDN.
and I only gotta live with this mug of mine for a few more years at best, and I will get a new Glorifed body,
YOU HOWEVER WILL LIVE WITH YOUR BLACK SOUL IN HELL FOREVER.
You 2 are a very good looking couple.I hope one day we get to know you both after Seraphima's probation is up and she is allowed to leave the state.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408984 Dec 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. You're problem is with St. James, he used the example of Abraham to illustrate the necessity of good works.
lol. No you have a problem with St James, because you do not understand the context it was written in. Perhaps if you would actually READ it, or at least the first couple of chapters and see what the context is.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#408985 Dec 12, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
and I only gotta live with this mug of mine for a few more years at best, and I will get a new Glorifed body,
There is no hellfire. Yet you judge people to burn in hell. You two are an ugly piece of cake.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408986 Dec 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt. 7:18 - Jesus says that sound trees bear good fruit. But there is no guarantee that a sound tree will stay sound. It could go rotten.
Matt. 7:21 - all those who say "Lord, Lord" on the last day will not be saved. They are judged by their evil deeds.
Matt. 12:30-32 - Jesus says that he who is not with Him is against Him, therefore (the Greek for "therefore" is "dia toutos" which means "through this") blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. This means that failing to persevere in Jesus' grace to the end is the unforgivable sin against the Spirit. We must persevere in faith to the end of our lives.
Matt. 22:14 - Jesus says many are called but few are chosen. This man, who was destined to grace, was at God's banquet, but was cast out.
Luke 8:13 - Jesus teaches that some people receive the word with joy, but they have no root, believe for a while, and then fall away in temptation. They had the faith but they lost it.
Luke 12:42-46 - we can start out as a faithful and wise steward, then fall away and be assigned to a place with the unfaithful.
Luke 15:11-32 in the parable of the prodigal son, we learn that we can be genuine sons of the Father, then leave home and die, then return and be described as "alive again."
John 6:70-71 - Jesus chose or elected twelve, yet one of them, Judas, fell. Not all those predestined to grace persevere to the end.
John 15:1-10 - we can be in Jesus (a branch on the vine), and then if we don't bear fruit, are cut off, wither up and die. Paul makes this absolutely clear in Rom. 11:20-23.
John 17:12 - we can be given to Jesus by the Father (predestined to grace) and yet not stay with Jesus, like Judas.
John 6:37 - those who continue to come to Jesus He won't cast out. But it's a continuous, ongoing action. We can leave Jesus and He will allow this because He respects our freewill.
John 6:39 - Jesus will not lose those the Father gives Him, but we can fall away, like Judas. God allows us not to persevere.
John 6:40 - everyone who sees the Son and believes means the person "continues" to believe. By continuing to believe, the person will persevere and will be raised up. Belief also includes obedience, which is more than an intellectual belief in God.
John 6:44 - Jesus says no one can come to me unless the Father "draws" him. This "drawing" is an ongoing process.
John 10:27-28 - when Jesus says, "no one shall snatch them out of my hands," He does not mean we can't leave His hands. We can choose to walk away from Him.
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/salvation.ht...
Oh goodie, more spam. I will respond to the first two.
Mat.7:18 You are reading more into the verse than what is there. There is no scriptural basis for going beyound what is written.
Mat. 7:21 is a reference to the judgement day. The fact is that meny will try in vain when they stand before the Judge to change thier status.'On the last day...' and on and on we could go with this kind of th;inking.

Location hidden

#408987 Dec 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It should be said Black Sheep, that the Catholic Church will Acknowledge that God it a mystery.
Salvation is a mystery.
The Holy Eucharist is a mystery.
We don't have all the answers. In fact, no Christian should claim they do.
One thing I admire about the Catholic Church is how they embrace science. They view science as a great tool to look into the window of God.
Nothing is a mystery. The prophets and apostles saw clearly, that's why they died for their beliefs. You are a freakshow, you no doubt don't even know your way home from Sears......it's a mystery.

Location hidden

#408988 Dec 12, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Epistemology- Study of knowledge, incl how we know something
A:I know there is no God.
How do you know this
A Its not up to me to prove. You said God exists. Its up to you to prove it.
You are stating that you know something. You know there is no God. How do you know it?
We do not claim that reason or science is the way we know God.We base our belief on faith.
A:I and noone else has ever seen God
If this is true have you seen every planet or star. Therefore any planet or star you have not seen does not exist.
The Bible says to beat your slave.
I don't have to prove a thing. It's up to you freakshow to prove god doesn't exsist.....his creation speaks for itself. Yet humans live only 80 years if lucky. How small, mere the knowledge gained.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#408989 Dec 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! I got it now! LOL! Sorry. It could happen to anyone! After all, he did reply to you and cowboy has been accused of changing his name a few times. Maybe I should change mine too. So many people claiming to be christians do it so often that I cannot keep up with who is who.
So, humans make mistakes and should be forgiven. Interesting. Odd how only christians believe that they should be forgiven, but they have the toughest time forgiving others. I wonder if jesus ever talked about noticing the log in your own eye before bitching about the speck in someone else's eye.
Why are you so mean?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408990 Dec 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Both Fr. Dye and I agree that pouring water on a childs head is NOT salvific. Both Fr. Dye and I also agree that being born again by water and the Holy Spirit in water baptism IS salvific. So do all of the earliest Christians and the 2000 year teaching fo the Catholic Church.
If you don't, oh well.
He also said that baptizing infants was probably ot necessary. Were you baptized as an infant?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408991 Dec 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You can post stories about crappy Catholics all you want Sapphira. Do it in every one of your posts, I really don't care. Just don't pretend you're not doing it to stir up strife.
That is not true. You really do care.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408992 Dec 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You made a statement earlier. No link. No presentation of facts. Nothing. Just pure propaganda.
To me, its a serious topic. But I can't easily post links from my phone.. Every time I try, it gets messed up. So I'm sorry if I'm relying on you to do a litter homework yourself.
The question should be: why did Luther tell people that the books should be removed because its not part of the 'official Jewish Canon'? When the Jewish Canon came AFTER Christianity!
Don't know, I am not here to defend Luther. He was a fallible man like ALL men. He was right on some issues, he was wromg on some issues.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408993 Dec 12, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>well I know that I am Saved, and I know that any person who follows the likes of ellen white isnt, but that is who 4bdn has buddied up with to go against me.
but dont you worry, they got you going to hell with the rest of all catholics.
Hey PERCY, you are the one who called them cultists. Have you changed your mind? lol
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408994 Dec 12, 2012
Historical research reveals five significant ways in which the Masoretic Text is different from the original Old Testament:
WOW, You have the 'original Old Testament'. What kind of meds are you on Hermi? lol
marge

Ames, IA

#408995 Dec 12, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
Wow...

Karen I must tell you what he said about you was a hundred times worse than me using medical marijuana, you be careful!
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408996 Dec 12, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>

So why didn't they include the Deterocanonicals? For the same reason they did not put in the N.T.
They point to Jesus, as the Messiah in a "strong" way.
And of course that includes strong support of Catholic teachings....So Luther wants his cake and eats it too....He rejected("ate") the Deuterocanonicals that point to Jesus, to "have" his "religion"....
It is a foolish and wrong analysis to believe that the Jewish people 'planned' to deny the Messiah as you are implying. The Jews simply did not understand that there are TWO advents of the Mesiah foretold in the scriptures. The Jews were looking for the second and not the first. They want conquering King to deliver them from bondage and oppression. They were not looking for a LAMB but a LION. They were not looking for a 'suffering Saviour'. Your reasoning is predjudicial and flawed.
marge

Ames, IA

#408997 Dec 12, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you so mean?
Hey Seri, I hope things are getting back to normal.

And why do you judge outside the church when we have a real meanie(Preston) right here saying he is part of the True Church?

or confess like Clay did, that you don't know who is a True Christian.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408998 Dec 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we certainly weren't talking about idiot Catholic college staff supporting the Marxist president. Kay likes to throw out as much dirt on bad Catholics as she can when she has no response to the challenges posited by the Catholics here.
And I'm here to educate you protestants who are ignorant of Catholic teaching . Why are you here?
What you don't seem to be able to understand is that we(at least some of us) do understand your teaching. It is not that we don't understand what you are taught. It is that we don't agree with some of those teachings.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#408999 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Hey PERCY, you are the one who called them cultists. Have you changed your mind? lol
Cowboy, why would you think all Catholics will go to hell? I don't believe many of their teachings, but if they honestly do and they think they're doing the right things why would God punish them? A person is only committing a sin if they know it's wrong and they do it anyway, and with their full consent. Same with almost any religion, unless of course it involves child abuse or equivalent. When I was in about 4th grade, a little girl sitting next to me told me that being Catholic was "the only sure way to heaven". I had not yet converted to the RC church, but I pretty much believed that. I surely don't now.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409000 Dec 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I have done a lot of research, far more than the average christian, and I come up this; I am 99.9999% sure that there is no god.
There is hysterical evidence of many, but no real evidence of a god.
Well tbs, the scriptures do say that 'there is no God...'
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409001 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>----
Cowboy. I have posted a pic of myself and Seraphima
Well, at least you are not scaring people like PERCY. lol

United States

#409002 Dec 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
Akiba.

We know from the Dead Sea Scrolls, that at least one Jewish community, regarded the 7 books as scripture.
We know that the official Jewish canon did not. Why? Because Christians were using those 7 books as scripture. The Jews wanted to distance themselves from the Christian community.
!
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text> And how do we know that? You give no evidence. Just your opinion. You are wasting my time.
-
Catholics give no evidence of anything. Just opinion (of the Pope).
-
They go against the word of God on countless occasions and believe they have the right to do so - because Jesus *supposedly* handed everything over to Peter? But they forget that the church that was delivered to the first century Apostles is FAAAAAR different than what the Catholic Church is today. It has *become different* over the centuries by denying the Word of God as the Truth. They call themselves and all their iterations over two millennia the True Church. They believe they can put words in Jesus mouth and that *it is so*. There is nothing FURTHER from the truth than this.
-
How anyone in their right mind can believe that it is O.K. for a Pope to SANCTION TORTURE and remain Christian, totally defies logic.
-
At least Pagan religions acknowledge their Pagan origins.
-
By directly going against and contradicting the Bible, the Catholic Church, in essence,*rewrites* The Bible and they do so to satisfy the whims of the current reigning Pope. We know this to be fact - simply for the numerous times Popes have overturned the ruling of and earlier Pope.
-
They want their cake, and evil, too. Sanction Torture? who does that? Certainly NOT the followers of Christ.
-

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 2 min RiccardoFire 37,789
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 773,275
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min RiccardoFire 96,708
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min MakeWOrldPEaceUID... 175,502
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min mr-rayan 264,957
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 38 min MakeWOrldPEaceUID... 4,665
free phones 58 min vcsy 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 604,735
More from around the web