Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,397
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408772 Dec 12, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you know me as Preston. I used this nick when I first came on here and I reverted back to it.
wanted to show people that I am a happily married man with a wonderful wife,
like you.
Very nice picture, Cowboy!

You have a lovely wife, also....

Glad to see a picture of you....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408773 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>And if any one notices your posts, they would see the crooked little mind the we have mentioned before.
And, we don't even have to look too closely to see your childish behavior....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408774 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>sHOW ME WHERE SCRIPTURE MAKES THAT DISTINCTION. And show me where in the scripture works are differentiated. Is salvation by works or by grace? What does the scripture say?
Still haven't figured it out yet, I see...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408775 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
When Jesus comes to indwell us, He says that He will NEVER leave us nor forsake us. But you believe you can make Him a liar and make Him leave? I don't think so. I will believe the bible. You make up what ever you want to.
There are plenty of WARNINGS...

Read the Book of Hebrews...

If we don’t continue to have an obedient faith.....we can certainly lose heaven with all the blessings.

The assurances of heaven are true and so are the warnings of falling away from or leaving God’s protection behind.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#408776 Dec 12, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice picture, Cowboy!
You have a lovely wife, also....
Glad to see a picture of you....
thanks, hank. I hate to brag, but I think she is lovely too, but her real beauty cant be seen, but it is felt and well known by those who know her.

she truly is an angel of mercy. I have worked with many nurses over the years. some no doubt smarter, but none nicer. that is her personality, she is kind and gentle.

the exact opposite of my personality, and i know it. I dont have to be told.

Location hidden

#408777 Dec 12, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And, we don't even have to look too closely to see your childish behavior....
this picture was taken at my sons farewell party at Golden corral.

and i noticed the crooked fingers after we put the picture up. they verify what I have said before that i have trouble typing because of those fingers.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#408778 Dec 12, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>this picture was taken at my sons farewell party at Golden corral.
and i noticed the crooked fingers after we put the picture up. they verify what I have said before that i have trouble typing because of those fingers.
Well you look like a nice guy. Lol.

Its always nice to put names with faces.

I keep picturing Marge as a Harley chick with tattoos on her neck..

I wonder if I can upload a picture..
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#408779 Dec 12, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to prove anything. Like in any other case the burden of proof is on the prosecution. You say there is no God therefore my God is trial you prove he doesn't exist.
I never said evolution is false I just asked how it started and I get a crap wiki link when I ask where are the millions of fossils to support human evolution I get another crap wiki link and an artist idea of what a half human looks like. So you keep on loving the goo you say we all came from and ill stick with God dun it. When we die we'll see who's right.
What do you consider evidence against the theory of evolution?

Genesis?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#408780 Dec 12, 2012
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny I just wanted to see what was new and found you posted your pic.
I had an image of you in my head of a totally different looking man.
You remind me of my dad.
He reminds me of an Ostrich right in the face. With his eye bigger than his brain.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#408781 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>My bible says not by works. Is yours different? Can you show me the passage that says (and good works done in sanctifying grace are necessary)?
BTW, here's your verse;
James 2:24 - the phrase "faith alone" (the Greek "pisteos monon") only occurs once in the Bible. "Man is justified by works and NOT faith alone." Unlike what many Protestant churches teach, no where in Scripture does it say that man is justified or saved by "faith alone." To the contrary, man is not justified by faith alone. In Catholic theology, a person is justified by faith and works acting together, which comes solely from God’s divine grace. Faith alone never obtains the grace of justification (Council of Trent, chapter 8, canon 9). Also, the word “justified”(dikaiow) is the same word Paul uses for justification in Rom. 4:3 in regard to Abraham (so Protestants cannot argue James is not referring to “justification” in James 2:24 unless they argue Paul wasn’t in Rom. 4:3 either).
http://scripturecatholic.com/justification.ht ...
----------
Ther is no verse here that says what you claim. Do YOU ever READ YOUR OWN SPAM? Cluesess.
4gvn I read this passage last night befor ebed time.

II Timothy Ch: 2 V: 3-7

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#408782 Dec 12, 2012
"My God"

People -- what have you done --
locked Him in His golden cage.
Made Him bend to your religion --
Him resurrected from the grave.
He is the god of nothing --
if that's all that you can see.
You are the god of everything --
He's inside you and me.
So lean upon Him gently
and don't call on Him to save you
from your social graces
and the sins you used to waive.
The bloody Church of England --
in chains of history --
requests your earthly presence at
the vicarage for tea.
And the graven image you-know-who --
with His plastic crucifix --
he's got him fixed --
confuses me as to who and where and why --
as to how he gets his kicks.
Confessing to the endless sin --
the endless whining sounds.
You'll be praying till next Thursday to
all the gods that you can count.

Jethro Tull

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#408783 Dec 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen here, Mr. Location hidden, if Mrs. Location hidden doesn't want to partake in a public discussion, have Mrs. Location hidden stay out of a public forum.
Yeah, it is that simple.
Obviously, christians believe that they own public places, from the Courthouse lawns or the internet.
I was going to type a really biting insult but I will restrain myself. It is impossible to dialogue with you. t is impossible to debate with you. I have only so much time in this life and am sorry but cannot engage in a dialogue that is not a dialogue. I tried. I learn from dialogue with others here.I leaern from more study.Many of the questions you raise are answered by theology.I am sorry but there is no need to convince you.I wish you well.

Location hidden

#408784 Dec 12, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you consider evidence against the theory of evolution?
Genesis?
George W Bush

Location hidden

#408785 Dec 12, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>this picture was taken at my sons farewell party at Golden corral.
A handsome couple. I enjoyed the picture. I would post a pic of Sera and myself but she is wanted by law enforcement authorities in 5 states.

Location hidden

#408786 Dec 12, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>how about you chilling out. Hermi has just went thru a life threatening experience and we all are glad to have him back with us.
so for awhile keep your smart alec remarks to your self.
you wanna pick on someone try me.
Thanks.I want to be abkle to make it to my daughter's house as a surprise for hristmas. Ever see Heidi? LOL Remember when Heidi had the cripple girl walk as a Christmas present? LOL That's me.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#408787 Dec 12, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Hey kid, grfeat to be dialoguing with youn again.I will admit that the Old Testament confounded me with its "vengeful petty God".It seemes, as Marcion said, that there were 2 different Gods- One of the Old Testament and one of the New Testament.This question caused me to question and look and ask more questions and look further.
I believe that one must have both Wisdom and the Holy Spirit to read the Bible. I am not a Fundamentalist.I try to read the Bible prayerfully also factoring context, history, culture, language, genre of literature being used etc.When quotes are ripped out of this amd presented torn from the wholistic view of these factors and the ible itself,we get all sorts of muitations.
As an Orthodox I also have tradition-including tremendous minds and souls who write intricately of sych issues.
With this said I still look to be more enlightened on this Old estament issue.
I understand what you are saying - there are many factors of Self that are 'required participants' in 'believing' the way one does.

And yet you still avoided saying that 'those passages' we are talking about - "the evil ones" - are not "of God".

Unless you really do believe them to be "of God".
- like a "bitch-slap" to humans maybe?:o)

Thanks for responding.

Albuquerque, NM

#408788 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
No Apocryphal book was written by a true prophet or apostle of God. And no apocryphal book was confirmed by divine miracles--- something that happened often with the prophets in the Old Testament and apostles in the New Testament.
WOW 4GVN! You really seem to "know the mind of God".

How did this come about?

Did "God" tell you that certain books are not inspired and heresy?

I don't believe you. Please provide your citation.

Albuquerque, NM

#408789 Dec 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
That is very good, New Age Spiritual Leader!!
You are probably not surprised by how many people will not even address those points, because they are afraid of the honesty it brings up.

Self.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#408790 Dec 12, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does "God" say Gnosticism or any religion is heresy?
NASL

Acts 4:12

" Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

John 14:6 Jesus said to him,“I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

All religions seeks to try to reach God....
Christianity God seeks to reach people...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#408791 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Again you show the same lack of understanding because you do not understand what it is that the scripture says that we are saved from. You don't understand the New Birth, which is just as real as the physical birth. You don't understand what it means to be saved. There are only to possible conditions, one is either lost(never having been saved) on one is saved.
Today, just as in bible times, when the New Birth takes place there is a transformation that is evident in the life of the believer. When the Holy Spirit moves in ones is changed from the inside out. I am one of millions who testafy of this change. My life has been changed. I am very aware of it. People who know me have witnessed the change. I have witnessed the same life changing esperience in many others. But you hang on to your 'religion' and leave Jesus on the porch. Why don't you invite him in? Why don't you ask him to reveal this to you?
Nice. You've become a better person since you 'got' Jesus.

The issue remains; no one was ever told they were once saved, always saved in the bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min Chris Clearwater 173,935
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 741,195
Erik Menendez, America's vilian ??! 11 min Doctor REALITY 2
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Eagle 12 228,053
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 17 min andet1987 4,516
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 19 min Paulo94 159
Last Word + 2 22 min andet1987 771
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 259,795

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE