Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,150
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#408762 Dec 12, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to prove anything. Like in any other case the burden of proof is on the prosecution. You say there is no God therefore my God is trial you prove he doesn't exist.
I never said evolution is false I just asked how it started and I get a crap wiki link when I ask where are the millions of fossils to support human evolution I get another crap wiki link and an artist idea of what a half human looks like. So you keep on loving the goo you say we all came from and ill stick with God dun it. When we die we'll see who's right.
I am not trying to prove that god doesn't exist, I cannot. What I am trying to do is, show people what the bible says about god.

If there is a god, I can guarantee that it has nothing to do with man's religions.

How life started has nothing to do with evolution.

What fossils do you think are missing? Do you know how long it takes to make a fossil and what conditions must be to make one?

3,500 years ago, when your god was invented, what were the 'known' elements? Was the Earth thought to be spherical or flat? Was the Earth thought to be at the center of the universe? What happened at the tower of babel?

If you and I lived 3,500 years ago and were still alive today, I would be in aw of all the technological advances and you would still think the Earth is the center of the universe, cause the mantra that you live by is, "I'll stick with God dun it".

And that is fine! God bless ya! But you should not be teaching a science or a history class in a public school.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#408763 Dec 12, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
No the evidence is stacked against you atheists do not exist.
I will argue that they know God is real and only fight the idea because of guilt.
You can have such an opinion. It is not worth fighting over.
Bat Foy wrote:
I will also point out that no one spends time trying to prove or dis prove what they know to be false. Therefore anyone who spends time trying to show proof God isn't real must believe he is or was real.
That is false logic. btw, I never said that there is no god; I did say that I see no evidence for one.
Bat Foy wrote:
I can also show that the only people who want there to be no God are those in fear of hell.
No you can't, but you are free to say so.
Bat Foy wrote:
An unwillingness to be judged by God would be a very good motive to not want one to exist.
Again, false logic.
Bat Foy wrote:
However as I can not show you a mathematical equation for the existence of God and you can not show me one that proves no God we are at an impasse.
Not really. I never said that there is no god, just no evidence for one. And if I read the bible and it says that if I do this, god will do that and I do it, but god does not do his part, then I can be pretty sure that the bible is false.
Bat Foy wrote:
As such we will have to wait for the day of judgement of none if you're correct things will get dark and ill rot in a hole if I'm correct you're in trouble. You can stand in front of the maker and tell him in the words of Mr Obama "you didn't build that"
Pascal's Wager! I haven't heard that one in a while! LOL!

Oh, just a side note. I did not vote for President Obama and Former Governor Romney said the same thing. If you listen to more than just sound bites, you would have understood both of them to say, "You were not alone. You had the support of your families and friends."

Funny, they were both using the 'foot steps in the sand' type of analogy, but 'sound bite' lovin' Americans were not smart enough to put it together! LOL!
Clay

Chicago, IL

#408764 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church decided that 'SOME' of the books of the Apocrypha belonged in the bible shortly after the beginning of the Protestant Reformation. In fact, the Catholic Council of Trent(A.D.1545-1563)canonized these books some 1500 years AFTER they were writen, largly as a reaction against the Protestant Reformation.
That's just not truthful 4gvn. You need to stop with that, if you want to be a Christian. If your theology can stand on its own merits, you don't need to say thing like "the Roman Catholic Church decided at the council of Trent that some books needed to be in the Bible"
The Catholic Church felt the need to publicly state things due to heretics preaching falsehoods. In the case at the Council of Trent, Luther and his victims were running around telling everyone the Church added scripture to the Hebrew canon. In fact, they were saying many falsehoods about scripture to get people to leave the the Church- Luther was participating in Satans finest hour.

The official Jewish Canon did not get established until 70 yrs after Christ died and rose. The Jews did this in response to the growing Christians and left out the 7 books Christians were using -in order to distance themselves from them.

So the Roman Catholic Church stood up at the Council of Trent to address the issue because Luther conveniently left out the truth of Biblical history in order to win people away from Catholicism. Who could question what he was saying? They certainly couldn't Google anything to cross check him!
I pray you don't just plug your ears at this.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#408765 Dec 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen here, Mr. Location hidden, if Mrs. Location hidden doesn't want to partake in a public discussion, have Mrs. Location hidden stay out of a public forum.
Yeah, it is that simple.
Obviously, christians believe that they own public places, from the Courthouse lawns or the internet.
how about you chilling out. Hermi has just went thru a life threatening experience and we all are glad to have him back with us.

so for awhile keep your smart alec remarks to your self.

you wanna pick on someone try me.

Location hidden

#408766 Dec 12, 2012
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny I just wanted to see what was new and found you posted your pic.
I had an image of you in my head of a totally different looking man.
You remind me of my dad.
I am afraid that the last year has started to take its toll on this old body of mine.sorry.

Location hidden

#408767 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Then perhaps you would tell me what this statement from Preston means..."May God grant him a warm place in a quiet community where the sun never shines." The question is not where is Preston referring to, as he has already admitted to me that it was a reference to hell. So the only question is what do the words "MAY God grant him"?
again, I will try and get it thru your thick skull.

you are making my words into a QUESTION, when it is and was a statement.

capish?

how long do we have to try and get your feeble infantile brain to function on 4 cyclinders?

Location hidden

#408768 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
No Apocryphal book was written by a true prophet or apostle of God. And no apocryphal book was confirmed by divine miracles--- something that happened often with the prophets in the Old Testament and apostles in the New Testament.
now that is some deep theological statement"No Apocryphal book was written by a true prophet or apostle of God. "

it is proof positive that you have spent years in a seminary studying the Word of God.

but maybe your teachers forgot to bring you up to date.

there were no Apostles available when those Books were written.their ship hadnt come in from the lake where they were fishing.

so what did you mean by That QUESTION ?LIAR.

Location hidden

#408769 Dec 12, 2012
GOT QUESTIONS ARE GREAT WHEN YOU DONT KNOW THE bIBLE, AND I SEE WHERE YOU ADDED ONE WORD TO HAVE PEOPLE THINK THAT THIS WAS YOUR THEOLOGICAL WORK.

no apocryphal book was written by a prophet

no apocryphal book was written by a {TRUE}prophet.

http://www.gotquestions.org/which-book.html
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408770 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Well Hello POLLY. lol
Acting like a child again...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408771 Dec 12, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>any person who judged your post as nuts has a really bad mental problem.
I agree, hermi is a good man and tries to get along with every person on her.
Amen!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408772 Dec 12, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you know me as Preston. I used this nick when I first came on here and I reverted back to it.
wanted to show people that I am a happily married man with a wonderful wife,
like you.
Very nice picture, Cowboy!

You have a lovely wife, also....

Glad to see a picture of you....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408773 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>And if any one notices your posts, they would see the crooked little mind the we have mentioned before.
And, we don't even have to look too closely to see your childish behavior....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408774 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>sHOW ME WHERE SCRIPTURE MAKES THAT DISTINCTION. And show me where in the scripture works are differentiated. Is salvation by works or by grace? What does the scripture say?
Still haven't figured it out yet, I see...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408775 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
When Jesus comes to indwell us, He says that He will NEVER leave us nor forsake us. But you believe you can make Him a liar and make Him leave? I don't think so. I will believe the bible. You make up what ever you want to.
There are plenty of WARNINGS...

Read the Book of Hebrews...

If we don’t continue to have an obedient faith.....we can certainly lose heaven with all the blessings.

The assurances of heaven are true and so are the warnings of falling away from or leaving God’s protection behind.

Location hidden

#408776 Dec 12, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice picture, Cowboy!
You have a lovely wife, also....
Glad to see a picture of you....
thanks, hank. I hate to brag, but I think she is lovely too, but her real beauty cant be seen, but it is felt and well known by those who know her.

she truly is an angel of mercy. I have worked with many nurses over the years. some no doubt smarter, but none nicer. that is her personality, she is kind and gentle.

the exact opposite of my personality, and i know it. I dont have to be told.

Location hidden

#408777 Dec 12, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And, we don't even have to look too closely to see your childish behavior....
this picture was taken at my sons farewell party at Golden corral.

and i noticed the crooked fingers after we put the picture up. they verify what I have said before that i have trouble typing because of those fingers.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#408778 Dec 12, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>this picture was taken at my sons farewell party at Golden corral.
and i noticed the crooked fingers after we put the picture up. they verify what I have said before that i have trouble typing because of those fingers.
Well you look like a nice guy. Lol.

Its always nice to put names with faces.

I keep picturing Marge as a Harley chick with tattoos on her neck..

I wonder if I can upload a picture..
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#408779 Dec 12, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to prove anything. Like in any other case the burden of proof is on the prosecution. You say there is no God therefore my God is trial you prove he doesn't exist.
I never said evolution is false I just asked how it started and I get a crap wiki link when I ask where are the millions of fossils to support human evolution I get another crap wiki link and an artist idea of what a half human looks like. So you keep on loving the goo you say we all came from and ill stick with God dun it. When we die we'll see who's right.
What do you consider evidence against the theory of evolution?

Genesis?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#408780 Dec 12, 2012
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny I just wanted to see what was new and found you posted your pic.
I had an image of you in my head of a totally different looking man.
You remind me of my dad.
He reminds me of an Ostrich right in the face. With his eye bigger than his brain.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#408781 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>My bible says not by works. Is yours different? Can you show me the passage that says (and good works done in sanctifying grace are necessary)?
BTW, here's your verse;
James 2:24 - the phrase "faith alone" (the Greek "pisteos monon") only occurs once in the Bible. "Man is justified by works and NOT faith alone." Unlike what many Protestant churches teach, no where in Scripture does it say that man is justified or saved by "faith alone." To the contrary, man is not justified by faith alone. In Catholic theology, a person is justified by faith and works acting together, which comes solely from God’s divine grace. Faith alone never obtains the grace of justification (Council of Trent, chapter 8, canon 9). Also, the word “justified”(dikaiow) is the same word Paul uses for justification in Rom. 4:3 in regard to Abraham (so Protestants cannot argue James is not referring to “justification” in James 2:24 unless they argue Paul wasn’t in Rom. 4:3 either).
http://scripturecatholic.com/justification.ht ...
----------
Ther is no verse here that says what you claim. Do YOU ever READ YOUR OWN SPAM? Cluesess.
4gvn I read this passage last night befor ebed time.

II Timothy Ch: 2 V: 3-7

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min onemale 265,384
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Catcher1 777,455
Moses never existed 20 min bacon hater 794
Scientific proof for God's existence 45 min HipGnosis 44
women should be slaves to men (Dec '13) 53 min lcwo i rho 33
Couch Potato Alert 53 min yon 8
*Testimony NEVER shared publicly, until NOW 1 hr PreacherOpensHeart 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Atheist girl 605,279
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Dolphin 441,808
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr Freebird USA 175,775