Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649768 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408676 Dec 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no instances of anyone being pronounced once saved always saved.
REALLY/ What does it mean to be 'sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption?'

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#408677 Dec 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Clueless Clay, if only you would listen instead of acting like you have it figured out, you would learn something. When we invite Jesus in to be our Lord and Saviour, HE creates in us a NEW BIRTH. Our spirit is quickened(made alive. We were once dead in our trespasses. And He then begins to do a transformation in us to transform us into the image of Christ. And the scripture says that HE(JESUS) who has began a work in us will see it through to completion. Why won't you believe the scriptures? The bible also says that from that moment we are "sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption." AGAIN, why won't you believe the scriptures? The scriptures tell us very definativly that after Christ comes to indwell us at the time of our conversion that "he who has the Son has eternal life, but he who has not the Son is condemned already." AGAIN, why won't you believe what God clearly tells us in His word?
4GVN - Your last question: Why won't (people) believe what God clearly tells us in His word? Clearly tells us? Where and how? He doesn't "talk" to anyone. Please don't say He does in the bible - HUMANS wrote it. Did God "inspire" them? We don't even know who they were. Plus, "inspire" is an extremely vague word and totally subjective. WHY should we believe a bunch of superstitious old writers nobody can even identify?
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408678 Dec 11, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>as you can see, I have had this nick since jan 08 and over 4,000 posts on topic here.
again, you show how much of the devil resides in you.lol
GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#408679 Dec 11, 2012
for you mr sda and everyone can see that my words are the same today as they were almost 5 years ago.

atemcowboy

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
I know, that is why I dont talk to you as a person who could be reasoned with. the Pearls I received from Christ are very precious to me. BTW, I have as much contempt for the benny hinn types as I do for those who wish to add things that are not in the Bible so they can charge poor widows and enlarge their own coffers. those types of preachers saw the money rome was making and wantd in on the deal. I am not certain what a fraction of a man of God would be similiar to, but if you had read my posts, you would have found a man who had found favor with God. you would have found a man who as a young boy, Had a experience that few have had. not many could state that God had sent a relative back from death to tell his grandson that God had a JOB for him to do. and that is why I could state that I believed in a place called Paradise(He seen it and described it to me), that is why ten years later on my way to the "killing fields" of vietnam, Jesus appeared to me, sitting right next to me(Jan 30<1965), and just a few hours later, I was severely injured, my neck being broken in three places, still I negelected to DO that JOB. in 1982, I called upon Him, just as Jonah did, he heard my voice. and as I mentioned, I was athirst for Righteousness, and I was filled. few if any that you know will testify to these Spiritual Happenings. taking all of those in context, now you see why I speak as I do, As Paul was a chosen vessel, so too, in my appointed time, Did He choose me. You can read about that filling in Is. and also the Gospel of John. I knew nothing about that "filling with water until I couldnt hold anymore until my pastor told me to read about it. May you in the future, listen to what I say to you, It is for your own benefit to leave the cult of rcc behind
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408680 Dec 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand your bible . The works St. Paul refers to are works of the law done without grace.
sHOW ME WHERE SCRIPTURE MAKES THAT DISTINCTION. And show me where in the scripture works are differentiated. Is salvation by works or by grace? What does the scripture say?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#408681 Dec 11, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I am not any part of a "you people".You miss every point anyone makes to you. Que Sera Sera, baby
No problem! Thanks for the white flag!
truth

Perth, Australia

#408682 Dec 11, 2012
soul=dusa as spirit which belong to holy spirit..

heart is please where soul rest..heart is place for love and faith too..
does metter are you religion or not..
its allready finish work on that day when your Creator created man and woman..
You can't escape..
''to be save''..how many or how much''
you are wrong..ones more..
multiply..yes

''he can recreated his church within 3x days''
''it is written''

You make argument which church is right.
Did you need say simple like that from human point?
noooooo

He don't need asked you.
''someone who can created destroy as well recreated''
don't need you for any opinion..

We as beliver in Christ say..''thanks for our life''..simple just like that does meter in which condition we are.

Others like annthony as well many leaders does meter which one religion or not religion..always choose who is best.

Your Creator not choose like that.
Scripture not wrote like that.
You are born with many talent..all of us don't have some talent or gift.

How much neglected does meter..because others which Jesus Christ describe simple with words Scribe Pharisee this and that..they don't liked see or want real natural talented or gifted to be better or first.

Leaders still choose by org or family privileged..nothing to do with real God or talent or gifted.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408683 Dec 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, here's your verse;
James 2:24 - the phrase "faith alone" (the Greek "pisteos monon") only occurs once in the Bible. "Man is justified by works and NOT faith alone." Unlike what many Protestant churches teach, no where in Scripture does it say that man is justified or saved by "faith alone." To the contrary, man is not justified by faith alone. In Catholic theology, a person is justified by faith and works acting together, which comes solely from God’s divine grace. Faith alone never obtains the grace of justification (Council of Trent, chapter 8, canon 9). Also, the word “justified”(dikaiow) is the same word Paul uses for justification in Rom. 4:3 in regard to Abraham (so Protestants cannot argue James is not referring to “justification” in James 2:24 unless they argue Paul wasn’t in Rom. 4:3 either).
http://scripturecatholic.com/justification.ht...
The bible does say that by faith(that is the word used. The word is alone, or by itself.) That is what is meant by faith alone. Not that the word alone is used. Any one who half way seeks to understand the biblical position would be able to understand this point. And I hav pointed it out many times before. My salvation was BOUGHT by the FINISHED (WORD) of Jesus at Calvery. BUT, you go ahead and keep trying to WORK your way to heaven. Good luck. Let me know when you have done enough to attain salvation.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408684 Dec 11, 2012
Sorry for the typeO. My salvation was Bought by the FINISHED (WORK) OF JESUS AT CALVERY.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#408685 Dec 11, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>No, what I am telling you is that you play the same game. You select the most harsh Bible quotes from the Old Testament to formulate your picture of an evil and petty God.
Hey Herme - welcome back and hope your health is well.

I don't think it matters on what posts are pulled or not pulled, does it? Isn't it all supposed to be "truth" according to men?

I think the point TBS is trying to make is, you and other so-called "Christians" emphatically admit that the Bible is "truth" and "God's Word", and should be followed.

But when someone points out a portion of this supposedly holy book - as mean, evil, horrendous, "of God", etc.....you and others seem to disagree that they are "evil" [in some extant], but would never come right out and admit HONESTLY that they are.

I can even imagine many have probably thought of saying or even did do - "Oops, maybe it isn't of God, so I will just dismiss it, scurry away from having to answer, or even divert to another topic" - and never admit to the faults in a book supposedly only "of God".

Did you think of this point?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#408686 Dec 11, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
for you mr sda and everyone can see that my words are the same today as they were almost 5 years ago.
atemcowboy
Location hidden
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
I know, that is why I dont talk to you as a person who could be reasoned with. the Pearls I received from Christ are very precious to me. BTW, I have as much contempt for the benny hinn types as I do for those who wish to add things that are not in the Bible so they can charge poor widows and enlarge their own coffers. those types of preachers saw the money rome was making and wantd in on the deal. I am not certain what a fraction of a man of God would be similiar to, but if you had read my posts, you would have found a man who had found favor with God. you would have found a man who as a young boy, Had a experience that few have had. not many could state that God had sent a relative back from death to tell his grandson that God had a JOB for him to do. and that is why I could state that I believed in a place called Paradise(He seen it and described it to me), that is why ten years later on my way to the "killing fields" of vietnam, Jesus appeared to me, sitting right next to me(Jan 30<1965), and just a few hours later, I was severely injured, my neck being broken in three places, still I negelected to DO that JOB. in 1982, I called upon Him, just as Jonah did, he heard my voice. and as I mentioned, I was athirst for Righteousness, and I was filled. few if any that you know will testify to these Spiritual Happenings. taking all of those in context, now you see why I speak as I do, As Paul was a chosen vessel, so too, in my appointed time, Did He choose me. You can read about that filling in Is. and also the Gospel of John. I knew nothing about that "filling with water until I couldnt hold anymore until my pastor told me to read about it. May you in the future, listen to what I say to you, It is for your own benefit to leave the cult of rcc behind
I see even 5 years ago you were attacking Roman Catholics telling them they belong to a CULT as well.......lol.........

that is why ten years later on my way to the "killing fields" of vietnam, Jesus appeared to me, sitting right next to me(Jan 30<1965), and just a few hours later, I was severely injured, my neck being broken in three places, still I negelected to DO that JOB. in 1982,

Thought I recalled you saying you was on your way to the killing fieldss. How many people and seats were there in that helicopter if it was not a airplane?

If it was a transport for the injured I bet it got crowded on the way back.

Matthew 24:23 At that time if anyone says to you,'Look, here is the Christ!' or,'There he is!' do not believe it.
----------
Mark 13:21 At that time if anyone says to you,'Look, here is the Christ!' or,'Look, there he is!' do not believe it.

Luke 17

22And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when you shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and you shall not see it.

23And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.

24For as the lightning, that flashing out of the one part under heaven, shines unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

YOU PERCY are false prophet !!!!
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408687 Dec 11, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
4GVN - Your last question: Why won't (people) believe what God clearly tells us in His word? Clearly tells us? Where and how? He doesn't "talk" to anyone. Please don't say He does in the bible - HUMANS wrote it. Did God "inspire" them? We don't even know who they were. Plus, "inspire" is an extremely vague word and totally subjective. WHY should we believe a bunch of superstitious old writers nobody can even identify?
Guess you don't. Sorry.

Albuquerque, NM

#408688 Dec 11, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
lol....
So by your thinking we.... must shut down every business, organization, no, no,...,bigger, bigger,
lets shut down the U.S., and every other country, religion, culture, race, because they have child molesters amongst the sheep....
You helped me see how the darkened mind of Gnosticism sees....
Again and again, I thank you.
Where does "God" say Gnosticism or any religion is heresy?
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408689 Dec 11, 2012
When Jesus comes to indwell us, He says that He will NEVER leave us nor forsake us. But you believe you can make Him a liar and make Him leave? I don't think so. I will believe the bible. You make up what ever you want to.

Albuquerque, NM

#408690 Dec 11, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
News Item:
Despite 'war on Catholics,' faculty and staff at Catholic universities gave overwhelmingly to Obama
About ninety percent of faculty and administrators from America's top Catholic universities who contributed to presidential campaigns in 2012 gave to President Obama, a Campus Reform investigation has revealed.
KM
YEAH OBAMA!!
HIP-HIP-HOORAH!
truth

Perth, Australia

#408691 Dec 11, 2012
Still does meter..your way is your way..
if i am, not happy or full of sorrow..still believers have more power within..then any describe person with full success as money or materialistic asset in life..
my soul by faith on that day when past in presence..toward beautiful light is not depend of you or any opinion from you..i am very happy tell you that..i am not care for deadly opinion who can or who can't..because it is as it is from all eternity.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#408692 Dec 11, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
atemcowboy
Location hidden
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!

Matthew 24:23 At that time if anyone says to you,'Look, here is the Christ!' or,'There he is!' do not believe it.
----------
Mark 13:21 At that time if anyone says to you,'Look, here is the Christ!' or,'Look, there he is!' do not believe it.

Luke 17

22And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when you shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and you shall not see it.

23And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.

24For as the lightning, that flashing out of the one part under heaven, shines unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

Location hidden

#408693 Dec 11, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
Luke 17
give me ONE example where I have ever gave a prophecy on this forum and it didnt come true.

that is the mark of a "false prophet",

YOU DO KNOW THAT RIGHT?
truth

Perth, Australia

#408694 Dec 11, 2012
Scripture describe perfectly..
''your dauthers as well sons as well oldest..have dreams and they can prophesy''
..others ..did they liked or not..did they put that in any book film or recall from any institution to be popular..no..why i need cry because of that?

Wait Scribe Pharisee this and that what they need say..nooooo

Jesus Christ word is perfect..to precious describe all of them.
by

Location hidden

#408695 Dec 11, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are false prophet !!!!
In religion, a false prophet (anglicized from the Latin Vulgate: falsis prophetis[citation needed]) is one who falsely claims the gift of prophecy or divine inspiration)ONLY ORVILLE HAS EVER CLAIMED THE OFFICE AND ONLY MRS FRAUD ACTS LIKE SHE IS ONE), or who uses that gift for evil ends. Often, someone who is considered a "true prophet" by some people is simultaneously considered a "false prophet" by others, even within the same religion as the "prophet" in question. The term is sometimes applied outside religion to describe someone who fervently promotes a theory that the speaker thinks is false.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 23 min River Tam 55,910
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 47 min Steve III 427
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 52 min Steve III 70
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 1 hr Johnny 39
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr Al Capone 2,292
Why Australians should fear Muslims? (Feb '15) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 45
TRUTH about illegal aliens (Aug '14) 2 hr Johnny 13
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Just Saying 972,381
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web