Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,651)

Showing posts 393,001 - 393,020 of513,194
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you only accept a portion of his teachings.
You don't sound like someone I should be following then, huh?
<quoted text>
"You mistake the graces you get from Gods love,..."
You know what I feel and get from "God"? How so?
Are you psychic?
Your arrogance is beginning to show. I don't believe "God" likes arrogance.
Maybe you and KM can get together and write a book about knowinig what "God" does or doesn't do.
Hmmm...you are starting to sound mischievous.
You say I don't accept a portion of his teachings, but if Thomas and Judas were true, then they would have been accepted by the Church. The resurrected Christ would have made sure of that..

Those books do not seem authentic one bit. They seem forged by men.
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
I do know why young men and women give up marriage, they do it for the kingdom of heaven ....it's in the bible. Why do you have a problem with people sacrificing earthly pleasure for Jesus's sake?
It is wonderful when people GIVE up anything for the sake of the gospel. But celibacy in the CC is a condition of service required BY the CC...not the Lord. I know that it is said that the candidates willingly give up marriage...but they really have no choice. They are not accepted unless they DO pledge to give it up.
KayMarie
Then they can CHOOSE to serve Him in another way. It's their CHOICE! It's wonderful that so many CHOOSE to GIVE up sex for the kingdom of heaven!! I know it's hard for you to grasp anyone actually CHOOSING to sacrifice anything for God, but we Christians are used to being criticized and persecuted by the ignorant...just the way Jesus was.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I dont understand jethro, even tho this is a public forum, it still is a religious forum and he has no religion so what if any, is this any of his business, to attack not only your beliefs but also he has blasphemed the Word of God often, which is why I have nothing to say to him but only about him.
eventually there comes a time when People ought to tell him to shove off(I did some time ago, I am not going to be friendly with someone baspheming the Word)), and that Is Biblical, and at one time, the Israelites were told to leave some people alone.
You know somewhere in the past I am sure their was a Mother who had faith and hope in Christ that her prayers would be heard for the souls of her children and their children etc.

In Jeremiah 31:15, the prophet speaks of 'Rachel weeping for her children'(KJV). This is interpreted in Judaism as Rachel crying for an end to her descendants' sufferings and exiles following the destruction by the Babylonians of the First Temple in ancient Jerusalem. According to the Midrash, Rachel spoke before God: "If I, a mere mortal, was prepared not to humiliate my sister and was willing to take a rival into my home, how could You, the eternal, compassionate God, be jealous of idols, which have no true existence, that were brought into Your home (the Temple in Jerusalem)? Will You cause my children to be exiled on this account?" God accepted her plea and promised that, eventually, the exile would end and the Jews would return to their land.

To discard Jethro is wrong in my opinion.

As a Christian we should be the voice for that mother of that HOPE in Christ.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
The one thing you always do is back up what you say with your links. I may disagree with them, but you don't just throw out garbage with nothing to back it up. What is particularly disturbing about Annanias and Sapphira is that they can never produce one iota of evidence to back themselves up. 125 years of bible study and the only thing they've mastered is bearing false witness.

Aren't you just the sweetest thing?:):)

KM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
We both know Kay that you spread a lot of gossip and innuendo here. Between your stories about priests and refusing to admit that you posted stuff about the pope that was false, you have zero credibility. The next time your husband says "millions died" in the inquisitions, you should ask him to show you the evidence. If you won't , you're a party to the lie.

You two make a great pair.:) Both of you 'know everything'...even when you know nothing.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
KayMarie
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
The one thing you always do is back up what you say with your links. I may disagree with them, but you don't just throw out garbage with nothing to back it up. What is particularly disturbing about Annanias and Sapphira is that they can never produce one iota of evidence to back themselves up. 125 years of bible study and the only thing they've mastered is bearing false witness.
Aren't you just the sweetest thing?:):)
KM
He is! And one of the sweetest things about him is that he tells the truth...unlike you.:):)
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

who="Anthony MN"
We both know Kay that you spread a lot of gossip and innuendo here. Between your stories about priests and refusing to admit that you posted stuff about the pope that was false, you have zero credibility. The next time your husband says "millions died" in the inquisitions, you should ask him to show you the evidence. If you won't , you're a party to the lie.
You two make a great pair.:) Both of you 'know everything'...even when you know nothing.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
KayMarie
Merry Christmas to you. I hope you consider the spirit of the season before causing any further mischief .
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You say I don't accept a portion of his teachings, but if Thomas and Judas were true, then they would have been accepted by the Church. The resurrected Christ would have made sure of that..
Those books do not seem authentic one bit. They seem forged by men.
Perhaps similiarto the catechism, Ellen White writings, Mathw henery's cmentary and many other denominaions literature. It is just their opinion of Gods inspired scriptures.
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
He is! And one of the sweetest things about him is that he tells the truth...unlike you.:):)
So do you dear Regina. I hope you're able to enjoy the Christmas season in comfort after all your weather back there.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Than if God is just rubbish why bother with your constant attempts to make believer see things your way? Do you spend so much time arguing the evidence of Easter bunny or contemplating if the tooth fairy is or isn't taking teeth? Do you go to the mall at Christmas and brow beat the kids waiting to see Santa? If you want to know about God great! This trying to kill others faith because you have none is rubbish and you know it.
Hey, dumbass, you are in a discussion forum where subjects are discussed.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I do not want to take the time to look them up but I will for you
No problem, I don't want to take the time to believe you without supporting evidence.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Creation of systems on this planet is not from God.
''you are man not God''

Is that true that others control or plain way of your life?

Yes it is!!
Then..please explain why ordinary billions people as great numbers are wrong because of few or small pro-cent.

Did you know foundation of family who try ruin?

If you did not know just look into systems which we have on this planet Earth.

Money and greed..privileged and power!!!
Money become as you see circulation of blade in your body..money is circulation in system of wealth!

Did everybody is very wealthy?

Dependency off money become most serious sin..greed
jealous, war and so on.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

who="7th Day Catholics Rock" You know somewhere in the past I am sure their was a Mother who had faith and hope in Christ that her prayers would be heard for the souls of her children and their children etc.
In Jeremiah 31:15, the prophet speaks of 'Rachel weeping for her children'(KJV). This is interpreted in Judaism as Rachel crying for an end to her descendants' sufferings and exiles following the destruction by the Babylonians of the First Temple in ancient Jerusalem. According to the Midrash, Rachel spoke before God: "If I, a mere mortal, was prepared not to humiliate my sister and was willing to take a rival into my home, how could You, the eternal, compassionate God, be jealous of idols, which have no true existence, that were brought into Your home (the Temple in Jerusalem)? Will You cause my children to be exiled on this account?" God accepted her plea and promised that, eventually, the exile would end and the Jews would return to their land.
To discard Jethro is wrong in my opinion.
As a Christian we should be the voice for that mother of that HOPE in Christ.

We shouldn't judge Jethro...that is God's business. But that sentimental imaginary story of Rachel weeping for her children has no foundation. Matthew says that Rachel weeping for her children was prophetic regarding her infant descendants who were slaughtered by Herod in his attempt to kill Jesus. The story infers that Rachel received a rival to her marriage in her home, so God should accept idols in the temple.:(

KayMarie

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What bible verses are you getting that from? Just saying it doesn't make it so.
----------

The Law of Moses is said to consist of 613 commands, and can be found near the beginning of the Old Testament in the books of Exodus, Numbers, Deuteronomy and Leviticus These laws fit into three general categories: the moral law of Ten Commandments, the ceremonial law, and the civil laws.

CIVIL LAW
Matthew 22
17 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?

18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?

19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.

20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

21 They say unto him, Caesar’s. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s.

22 When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.
Render unto Caesar…" is the beginning of a phrase attributed to Jesus in the synoptic gospels, which reads in full, "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

This phrase has become a widely quoted summary of the relationship between Christianity and secular authority. The original message, comes in response to a question of whether it was lawful for Jews to pay taxes to Caesar.

MORAL LAW
"If you love Me, keep My commandments" (John 14:15)

"If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love" (John 15:10).

The moral law of Ten Commandments remains the standard of righteousness. The additional factor introduced in the New Testament is that the life of Jesus, which was a perfect exemplification of God's law, is a more effective demonstration of the divine standard than the written commandments. The method of arriving at the standard, of emulating Jesus' life of obedience, is the faith/grace relationship with the Lord.

The New Testament explains that faith results in the law being established in the heart of the believer

In Matthew 19:16, Jesus was asked what must be done to inherit eternal life. His answer: "If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments" (verse 17). Jesus then listed several, including enough of the Ten Commandments to make clear which commandments He meant

He emphasized the importance of the spirit of the law rather than the letter. The fact is that Jesus gave a more strict interpretation of the law than was generally accepted.

The spirit of the law does not exclude the letter; it goes beyond it to show what the commandments really mean.

The command that says, "You shall not murder" means that Christians are not to lose their tempers with their neighbors or cherish hatred in their hearts (Matt. 5:21, 22).

The command, "You shall not commit adultery" means that impure thoughts must not be cherished. Jesus exalted the standard far above what many of His contemporaries thought necessary

Fulfill oes not mean "abolish. The word fulfill in Matthew 5:17 means "fill up," "make full," "fill to the full" or "complete." Jesus came to magnify, or fill completely full, the meaning of God's law.

CONTINUED
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

You entering into most Satanic evil time like never before..slaverisam trade drugs as well very unhealthy life become every day more and more not worthy life less organize real God human family as civilization on this planet.

Who is Master of them who try slave everything and everyone?

Is that your Mercy-full Lord?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

CERMONIAL LAW

The Ceremonial law was a system of rituals, ceremonies, and sacrifices to illustrate how the covenant was applied in daily life.

Ceremonial laws 7 rituals included instructions on animal sacrifice (Exodus 20:24), circumcision (Genesis 17:10), ceremonial feasts (Deuteronomy 16:10), dietary restrictions (Leviticus 11:4–8),,a number of rituals for holiness, clean meats, and healing. Repeatedly we have the command to make a difference between what is holy and what is common, what is clean and what is unclean.

PAUL EXPLAINS TO THE COLOSSIANS THAT THIS CEREMONIAL LAW WITH ITS SACRIFICIAL SYSTEM POINTED THE PEOPLE TO THE COMING OF JESUS. Every time a beast was sacrificed and its blood shed in the old Jewish temple, it was a reminder that someday a Saviour would come and die for their sins. This is why John the Baptist pointed to our Lord Jesus Christ and declared,“Behold the Lamb of God.” This is why Paul says to the Colossians let no man therefore judge you for no longer following the previously prescribed meat and drink offerings, the feast holydays, new moon festivals and all the ceremonial Sabbaths that belonged to the ordinances of the ceremonial law. To continue in this law of sacrifices would be to deny the work of Jesus on the cross.

Hebrews chapters 8-10 speak extensively of what is first, faulty, old, decayed, and about to pass away. These chapters describe the ceremonial law and the human priesthood as being ineffective, temporary, and now fulfilled, and that the true and effective mediation of Jesus Christ in the heavenly sanctuary has taken their place.

The New Testament makes it clear that we are no longer bound by Old Testament ceremonial laws (Colossians 2:16–17,
Colossians 2:16-17 16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Galatians

5:2-3 2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law

4:9–11 9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. 11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain

3:24–25, 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

2:11–13, 11 Now when Peter[a] had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; 12 for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. 13 And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.

Hebrews 7:18, 18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. 19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

CONTINUED

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Acts 11:1–9 ¶ And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God. And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him, Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them. But Peter rehearsed [the matter] from the beginning, and expounded [it] by order unto them, saying, I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me:
Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat. But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth. But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed,[that] call not thou common

THE RITUAL AND CEREMONY OF MOSES' LAW POINTED FORWARD TO CHRIST'S SACRIFICE. WHEN HE DIED, THIS LAW CAME TO AN END.

Paul makes a distinction between (1) those aspects of God’s law that pointed toward Christ and were set aside at His coming (the ceremonial laws) and (2) the eternal moral law of God which cannot be altered (Hebrews 2:2), and therefore which we should continue to obey. Paul tells us that we are no longer under a tutor (the ceremonial aspects of the law: e.g. Galatians 5:2). But that we are not free to sin (to break the moral laws of God: Romans 6:1-2,15, thus they are still binding on us.)

Paul refers to the ceremonial law as the “weak and beggarly elements” and the “commandments contained in ordinances” that no longer need to be obeyed since the death of Christ on the cross to provide the more perfect sacrifice and end the ceremonies. This is what the apostles were fighting against when in Acts 15 the apostles had to fight against certain Pharisees who wanted to circumcise everyone and command them to keep the ceremonial laws

Paul exhorts in Galatians 4:9-10 that keeping the various feast days, monthly new moons and yearly Sabbaths of the ceremonial law (ordinances) was bondage and in his letter to the Colossians, he writes that the ordinances of the ceremonial law was against them and contrary to them and was only a shadow of things to come. Example: Passover was a shadow of the crucifixion when the true Passover Lamb of God died for everyone, and fifty days after Passover was the Feast of weeks, which was a shadow of Pentecost and coincided with the giving of the Ten Commandments. See the previous table above for more detail. This is what Colossians 2:17 refers to in regards to a shadow of things to come.

Having blotted out the handwriting of the ordinances concerning us, which was contrary to us, he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross: having spoiled governments and powers, he made a show of them openly, having triumphed over them by it. Let no one, therefore, judge you in meat, or in drink [offerings], or in respect of a festival, or of a new moon, or of Sabbaths; which are a shadow of the things which were to come, but the substance is of Christ.”(Colossians 2:14-17)

Since: Sep 12

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, dumbass, you are in a discussion forum where subjects are discussed.
Yes try reading the topic of this thread and see if your anti religion comment fit.
Mhm do you enjoy being off topic or might you be trolling?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem, I don't want to take the time to believe you without supporting evidence.
I sent you a lot of stuff. It was my best effort.Its lengthy but thats how I am LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

[who="TheBlackSheep"
Hey, dumbass, you are in a discussion forum where subjects are discussed.

No kidding???

KM

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 393,001 - 393,020 of513,194
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

652 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Sheilaa 110,224
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Dave Nelson 217,887
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min Toby 89,744
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min lovewithin 38,050
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Catcher1 682,438
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 11 min -USA-1 36,143
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Aura Mytha 250,647
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr waaasssuuup 596,737
•••
•••
•••