Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
393,001 - 393,020 of 537,310 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for those compliments, I think.lol
but anyway thanks for you using the nicks that he and her have earned.
hermi is behind so he might not have read that, along with mrs fraud lying about the NUN and having to change her story three times, when she was called on it by you, ROB, clay and reggie among others.
I think you've really hit the nail on the head with the issue of honesty from confrinting and kay Preston. There's something fundamentally wrong with a person's faith when the only way they can defend themselves is to bear false witness.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>The presence of the apocryphal books at Qumran(among the "Dead Sea Scrolls") does not prove thier canonicity. If it did it would mean that all the books discovered at Qumran belong int the canon. And there were hundreds of books or fragments of books discovered. The Qumran community used many of these books for wworship purposes without considering them canonical. There is no evidence that the Qumraninhabitants considered them Scripture.
They had the Book of Tobit inside their Bible.

You're telling me that - although the Jews considered the Bible the pinnacle object; most Holy book on Earth; whatever is in the pages of the Book is considered the Word of God- yet Tobit was only mixed in with it somehow? Not part of their Cannon.
Also, do you realize different Jewish communities had different Canons.
The early Christians also had their own Canon.
And Luther removed some of those books at the expense of his soul.
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="hojo"
Sorry KayMarie--but no one is "forced" to do accept celibacy in the Catholic Church!! Those whom God has "called" to His service to become priests do so "on their own--by their own choice and their own decision....... John 15:16 "You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you--to go and bear much fruit"..... You should know better than to criticize and interject your own "Protestant opinion" regarding those things that you "not only do not know ANYTHING about--nor do you understand!!
More yes/no confusion. They 'choose', yes, because they don't have a choice. If they wish to follow the holy calling of ministry, they MUST 'choose' the rule of the CC.
KayMarie
False Kay, there are many different "holy" ministries a person can choose.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic:'Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican'
I am explaining that the rcc is an evil group, which believes that it is above the law and is based on mythology.
I am pretty certain that I am on topic.
Ramen!
BlackSheep,I have in the passed been very clear in my opinion of the RCC Doctrine.
I do believe there is a realm of God's true church in every denomination. People who truly love the Lord, and because of scandles of sex abuse are painted with the same brush.
The Shame for the sex abuse in the Catholic Church , starts at the very top the vatican and the many Popes.
The priests and Nuns who abused and the Popes who covered up the abuse, is mind blowing to say the least.
My heart goes out to the [Many Nuns and Priets who really wanted to serve the Lord and were really called to do so.
At harvest time the sheep and the goats will be seperated.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
BlackSheep,I have in the passed been very clear in my opinion of the RCC Doctrine.
I do believe there is a realm of God's true church in every denomination. People who truly love the Lord, and because of scandles of sex abuse are painted with the same brush.
The Shame for the sex abuse in the Catholic Church , starts at the very top the vatican and the many Popes.
The priests and Nuns who abused and the Popes who covered up the abuse, is mind blowing to say the least.
My heart goes out to the [Many Nuns and Priets who really wanted to serve the Lord and were really called to do so.
At harvest time the sheep and the goats will be seperated.
Are you aware LTM, that the abuse scandal was horribly exaggerated by your side in an attempt to smear the Church and paint it as evil?
You got suckered into it cuz you're also a bigot and want to believe thing that discredit the Church.

Your own family has as many pedophiles as the Church. Whatever church you attend on Sundays, has as many - if not more.

This is why many on here call you (and others) liars. Because you ignore these basic statistics and pretend the child sexual abuse is a catholic thing.
It tells us you are not at all interested in truth.
That, and along with your constant anti catholic pamphlets you post, tells us you have another agenda and it does not have anything to do with Jesus Christ, because it involves deception.
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

1 John 4:11 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you aware LTM, that the abuse scandal was horribly exaggerated by your side in an attempt to smear the Church and paint it as evil?
You got suckered into it cuz you're also a bigot and want to believe thing that discredit the Church.
Your own family has as many pedophiles as the Church. Whatever church you attend on Sundays, has as many - if not more.
This is why many on here call you (and others) liars. Because you ignore these basic statistics and pretend the child sexual abuse is a catholic thing.
That, and along with your constant anti catholic pamphlets you post, tells us you have another agenda and it does not have anything to do with Jesus Christ, because it involves deception.
Always trying to dodge the responsibility and blame. "Our holy, god selected, beautiful church is only as evil as you nasty, godless family." What a stupid thing to say.

As I said before, my family did not and has not covered up for a bad uncle. It has been proven that many in the rcc knew what was going on and tried to hide it.
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay I agree sex abuse is not only in the catholic church.
The sex scandle however was started by catholic's themselves who were abused.
Decades of abuse by the Catholic brothers and sisters were reported but were sweep under the carpet and covered up by the catholic church.
People are just now starting to listen, and bring to account the many priest and sisters who have abused children in their care.
I do believe as I have stated because, what has happened inside the catholic religion has nothing to do with God its about power and greed.
My problem IS with THE Popes in the catholic church who stand up on a platform and point fingers at people who are not living up to what the catholic church has ordained they should, and allow (YES ALLOWED AND COVERED UP AND LIED ABOUT) the scandless behavior with in their own rakes.
THEN HAVE THE NERVE TO CLAIM THEY ARE THE ONLY TRUE CHURCH OF CHRIST, THERE ISN'T ANY DENOMINATION IN THE WORLD CAN MAKE THAT CLAIM.
BUT ONE THING I DO KNOW CLAY GODS TRUE CHURCH SITS IN EVERYONE OF THEM.
NOW TO BE FAIR, CHILD ABUSE IS WORLD WIDE I AM SORRY TO SAY, ITS EVERY WHERE, CHILDREN ARE MORE THEN LIKELY TO BE ABUSED BY A FAMILY MEMEBER THEN A STRANGER.
THAT FOOTBALL COACH, WHO WAS ABUSING YOUNG PLAYERS, AND HE WAS SEEN DOING IT AND THAT FELLOW COVERED IT UP ALSO.
MY OWN HOME LIFE WAS LIKE THAT CLAY ITS TRUE AND MY DAD WAS A PREACHER, I TRUST VERY FEW PEOPLE CLAY TO THIS DAY.
JESUS CAME TO SAVE THE WORLD CLAY, JESUS DIED FOR THE SINS.
OF THIS WORLD. JESUS HANDS ARE TIED IF A PERSON DOES NOT CONFESS THEIR SINS. THE LEADERS OF YOUR CHURCH HAVE BEEN CAUGHT, LYING AND COVERING UP THE CRIMES AGAINST THE INNOCENT CHILDREN (CATHOLIC CHILDREN) I SPEAK OUT AGAINST THE ABUSE, AND YOU FINED FAULT WITH ME, AND PROTECT THE ABUSERS.
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Because Of Love

December 9, 2012— byAnne Cetas

Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les Lamborn

Read: Luke 2:1-7

[Mary] brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger.—Luke 2:7

Bible in a Year:
1 Timothy 1-3

I received some nice Christmas gifts last year—ski pants, a bracelet, and a Kindle reader. But what I enjoyed the most were the gifts of time with people: playing with nine grandnephews and grandnieces from out of state; having a niece and her husband and their 18-month-old daughter attend our church’s Christmas Eve service with us; visiting with a retired co-worker and his wife who are suffering with some health issues; celebrating the season with long-time friends; reading the Christmas story with loved ones. These were all special gifts because of the love we share.

God the Father, because of love, sent a gift to this world 2,000 years ago. Jesus was wrapped in swaddling cloths and laid in a manger (Luke 2:7). The shepherds knew He was an amazing gift because an angel announced His birth to them in the middle of the night while they were in their fields (vv.8-14). They rushed to see Him and then couldn’t help but share the news of this Gift with others (vv.16-17). Yet many later rejected Him, and He was crucified for our sins and buried. But He rose from the tomb and now offers salvation to all who receive Him.

Thank You, God, for the Gift You gave—because of love.
Because of love God sent His SonFrom heaven’s throne to earthTo rescue us from sin and death—A Gift of priceless worth!—Sper
God’s gift to the world is the life-giving Savior
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
They had the Book of Tobit inside their Bible.
You're telling me that - although the Jews considered the Bible the pinnacle object; most Holy book on Earth; whatever is in the pages of the Book is considered the Word of God- yet Tobit was only mixed in with it somehow? Not part of their Cannon.
Also, do you realize different Jewish communities had different Canons.
The early Christians also had their own Canon.
And Luther removed some of those books at the expense of his soul.
We are talking about the 'Dead Sea Scrolls'. They did not find a 'bible'. You really need to try to learn something of the subject if you wish to try to defend a particular view.
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Planned Deception Or Ignorant Deception
In the Garden of Eden Satan deceived Eve with cunning ingenuity. "Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:" Then with elusiveness Eve deceived her own beloved husband without knowing what she was doing. "Gen 3:6 ---, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat." Even today, Satan deceives his followers and they in turn deceive other people. Same as Eve deceived Adam; most of these people deceive their own loved ones without knowing what they are doing.

Satan told Eve that they will not die. He also said that they will become like God if they disobey him. Even now the false preachers are doing the same thing. They are preaching to the people that they are saved from hell (meaning that they will not be punished, or they will not die a spiritual death), while they continue to live in sin (disobedience to God).

They misinterpret the meaning of grace as a special privilege which is given to those who claim the name of Jesus Christ for their salvation. But the grace of God is given to the obedient believers in order to overcome sin. Grace is the power of Lord Jesus Christ that rest upon a believer in order to strengthen him/her at the weak point of the believer. "2 Cor 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." But the grace of God is neither a license to continue in sin nor a guarantee of admission to heaven.

They are false workers come under the pretence of good godly workers. "2 Cor 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." Some of them are possessed by Satan. They purposely twist the Word of God and lie to the people as Satan lied to Eve. Some of them are like Eve, without knowing they serve the cause of Satan. God says that their end will be destruction.

They do not know "the Salvation according to the Bible." They preach false deceptive salvation. "2 Pet 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage."

Sorry I didn't get the author's name.
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

who="preston"here are two others who said that you are a liar.
ReginaM
United States
Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Tuesday Nov 20 Judged:
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..Regina good to see you are ok.:-) Yea she most certainly did impy very smugly. I dont recall the exact words, but wasn't she supposedly hiding behind a curtain originally where she thought she couldnt be seen? ROTFL Nothing implied there at all. Now she just stepped into an adjacent room. ;0
LOL, glad to see you're laughing 'cause I've been doing the same. You're right, it originally was a curtain, now it's an adjacent room. I'm surprised she didn't furtively glance around before guzzling and then let out a giggle or two as she stumbled back out. I can see it all now!
NOW WANT ME TO FIND THE POST THAT THEY ARE REFERRING TO. THAT YOU MADE. iGUESS THE BURDEN OF PROOF WAS EASY FOR ME TO FIND.LOL
You didn't quote me. Trying to prove me a liar by someone who said, "I don't recall her exact words...but WASN'T she...?"
"he that loveth and MAKETH a lie..."
KM
KM
KM you have nothing to prove to Preston or anyone else.
nor does your husband. Preston couldn't find fault so he dragged Regina into this hoping she could. I hope Regina is smart enough to realize that Preston is just trying to use her .

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme, I didn't read Orvilles comment to Preston that is why I didn't comment on it.
In all honesty Herme alot of nasty stuff has been said by all of us, myself included to others on here.
He has been perscuting Orville, and confrintig and his wife, about things that happen eons ago, dragging up trash from the past, and posting their personal life on this board.
Sooner or later people will strike back and if Orville said that, it wasn't right but hey Preston has reaped the fruits of his labour.
He has spread nothing but Malice, and strife on here, about everyone, he can't help himself.
My post today wasn't direct at him personally, but he took it personal why Herme??
What come off our tongue, is what is buried in our hearts,
James 3 warns us to tame our tongues, I wonder how many men and woman have taken a tongue lashing from Preston, and made to feel less then a worm.
I see no love, or forgiveness in Preston which are the gifts of the Holy Spirit Herme, yet he claims he is anointed to preach Gods word, yet he bears no good fruit.
WHICH IS LOVE, FORGIVENESS, JOY , PEACE.
Yet he try's to recruits others to agree with him in his quest to spread strife, and malices, and discord, even with those he has spoke against before he started on me.
He started on me because I happen to agree with a post someone he didn't like wrote.
Someone he was at odds with, and now is friends with probably.
Who knows.
Just because we don't comment on something that someone has said doesn't mean we argee with what ones says.
Every day is a new day Herme another chance to start over.
To be grateful for God's Grace and Mercy, to wake up and remember everything bad thing from the day before is just to much for one person to hold in their mind, but to remember it from years ago wow . Makes a person ill after awhile Herme.
LTM, You are right about all of us posting things here that go against what we are supposed to be.I know I have done this.Try to get back to posting what you usually do about the Word and Christ.I for one appreciate those posts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I visited several sites from where you stole your materiel. I say stole because you, like so many others 'christians' didn't give credit to the authors you take from.
I noticed that a lot of them started out with something like: " The commands were given by Moses", purposely leaving out, "And God spake all these words, saying,"Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them."
moses did not make up these laws, your god did and god never rescinded them. jesus told you not to remove on jot or tittle from the law.
Side note: I noticed that you like to yell, too. There is no need to yell.
I truly do not understand you. I went through all that for you. I wanted to answer what you asked. Yelling? I klnow I used headings in caps.Sometimes my caps stick. If I was angry with you I would have not gone through that trouble.I really did take the time for you and do not understand why you come back with attacks. I will know not to do that for you next time. thought you were sincere.Also I do not need to steal. I have written many academic papers when I have used the format for citing resource material. I did not know this site was so academic.Aslso I usually paraphrase and rewrite what I find. It seems to me you do not have a sincere heart. Thats ok. I have learned from my experience.
It is very clear what Christ said.He said it in His own words and I quoted Him. If you dismiss Peter, Paul, or anyone else as legitimate carriers of Christ's message then that is another issue altogether.You are hardly a student of Mosaic law or hristian theology.I thought that I gave you a very thorough exposition of both.I will not be mean spirited in return.I wil continue to study and learn.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you quote paul? Didn't god and jesus give proper advice?
This is quite a intriguing way to make an argument.A teacher (Christ)teaches his immediate followers with the explicit purpose of carrying His teachings into the world.He commissions tham. At the time of His ascension no less. His disciples accept Paul. But the disciples and Paul say things which contradict ones argument. Therefore go to a last resort. Does the Bible say that Christ said it out of His own mouth?hich is really an argument that they wrote down in the Bible eveything that Christ ever said.
And an argument against what the Bible says whuich is that Christ commissioned them to carry what he taught into the world.Now we are far from logic and analytical thinking which is supposed to be the atheist's strength.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>We are talking about the 'Dead Sea Scrolls'. They did not find a 'bible'. You really need to try to learn something of the subject if you wish to try to defend a particular view.
I think you're wrong. You should try putting down the propaganda pamphlets and picking up some actual historical records.

I will agree, they didn't find a Bible like the one you have sitting on your end table.(duh)

Parts of the Books of Tobit and Sirach were found amongst the other Old Testament writings found in the cave.

Listen, as Im sure you know, there was no official Jewish canon until 100 AD. And that was only done so in response to the growing Christian influence. The official Jewish Canon did not include the 7 books we have - because the Jews were looking to distance themselves from Christians. Its safe to say the Apostles considered the 7 books inspired as did some Jewish communities in the time of Jesus. As proof in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Luther also wanted to distance himself from the Church. He succeeded in removing books from the Bible because he lied. People bought into his opinion that the Jews didn't have those 7 books in their canon. Of course, we know there was no Jewish canon until 70 yrs after Jesus died. Oops.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_sea_scrolls#Qumran_ca...
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>We are talking about the 'Dead Sea Scrolls'. They did not find a 'bible'. You really need to try to learn something of the subject if you wish to try to defend a particular view.
One thing for certain 4gvn. Nothing presented to you will ever change your mind. You will not admit any error in your theology.

If we say the Jews around the time of Jesus had no official canon, you will simply plug your ears and believe they did. Your faith is formed by complete ignorance.
Ignorance doesn't wash your hands my friend.

Luther had no authority to dictate what was inspired and what was not. Your KJV is not the whole Bible as Christians should have - thanks to the wicked priest.

Did the Catholic Church add books to the Bible?

YES THEY DID.

They added 27 books to the Bible in the 4th century.

You accept the Church's authority to establish a Bible, but you later change the meaning of the Books and added titles and concepts that did not exist.

Your religion is so simple...you're shown evidence and you simply ignore it.
"no problem, Im going to Heaven no matter what"

Don't be so confident. Your sola fide is quite new. Its foreign to all known Christians prior to this man Luther. If that ain't alarming to you then nothing will be alarming.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Always trying to dodge the responsibility and blame. "Our holy, god selected, beautiful church is only as evil as you nasty, godless family." What a stupid thing to say.
As I said before, my family did not and has not covered up for a bad uncle. It has been proven that many in the rcc knew what was going on and tried to hide it.
Most families cover up abuse. Its something that is hush hush and not talked about. Its been that way forever.

Again, don't accuse me of trying to dodge responsibility and blame. Im just pointing out the hypocrisy of the bigots.
They sensationalize this topic for personal gain. Then when we Catholics show them independent statistics showing this evil is actually LESS in our Church than any other institution, they accuse us of deflecting responsibility. THIS after we already stated to hang the guilty and imprison the ones who helped cover it up. Amazing but expected when considering who we're dealing with....Ignorant Bigots.
Fun Facts

Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

who="hojo"
Preston is as much of a "child of God" as anyone else on this forum!!
I've never said that preston was not a 'child of God'. Nor have I said that you are not a child of God. God is not willing that any should perish...and He will deal with each of us rightly because HE KNOWS OUR HEART.
KayMarie
Amen...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Debate? There is no debating with someone who fraudulently claims to speak for God. The only debate is how long you can last on this forum until your lies shame you into leaving or you have an epiphany and repent.
~~~

Like I said before...

You are attempting you own personal inquisition...

I am protected by the constitution as well as my heavenly Father.

If you don't like my post you don't have to read them.

According to the word of God...

Salvation is received by faith...

No rituals

No hail Mary's

No Rosary

No involvement of saints,

No idols..

No confessional booths

none of the calisthenics or works that the Roman Catholic Church requires...

Just simply ..saved by grace through faith...

Eph_2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,(by grace ye are saved;)

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

________

Act_16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Saved defined

SA'VED, pp. Preserved from evil; injury or destruction; kept frugally; prevented; spared; taken in time.

You would like to shut my wife and I up if you could...BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS THE LAST THING YOU WANT TO HEAR...

BUT...

My answer is the same as the EARLY Apostles was before the counsel

Act 4:17 But that it spread no further among the people, let us straitly threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name.
Act 4:18 And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.

Act 4:19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

Act 4:20 -->For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard. <--

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Susie D 730,790
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 15 min Johnny 2,220
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min MUQ1 259,386
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 26 min Rosa_Winkel 225,719
Love Dressing Up 52 min GR4H4M 1
anyone up for a bbm swap of pics ;) (May '12) 1 hr girls united ststes 267
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr USA-1 117,879
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr monu chauhan 104
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr River Tam 599,583

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••