Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,876
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#407908 Dec 8, 2012
CERMONIAL LAW

The Ceremonial law was a system of rituals, ceremonies, and sacrifices to illustrate how the covenant was applied in daily life.

Ceremonial laws 7 rituals included instructions on animal sacrifice (Exodus 20:24), circumcision (Genesis 17:10), ceremonial feasts (Deuteronomy 16:10), dietary restrictions (Leviticus 11:4–8),,a number of rituals for holiness, clean meats, and healing. Repeatedly we have the command to make a difference between what is holy and what is common, what is clean and what is unclean.

PAUL EXPLAINS TO THE COLOSSIANS THAT THIS CEREMONIAL LAW WITH ITS SACRIFICIAL SYSTEM POINTED THE PEOPLE TO THE COMING OF JESUS. Every time a beast was sacrificed and its blood shed in the old Jewish temple, it was a reminder that someday a Saviour would come and die for their sins. This is why John the Baptist pointed to our Lord Jesus Christ and declared,“Behold the Lamb of God.” This is why Paul says to the Colossians let no man therefore judge you for no longer following the previously prescribed meat and drink offerings, the feast holydays, new moon festivals and all the ceremonial Sabbaths that belonged to the ordinances of the ceremonial law. To continue in this law of sacrifices would be to deny the work of Jesus on the cross.

Hebrews chapters 8-10 speak extensively of what is first, faulty, old, decayed, and about to pass away. These chapters describe the ceremonial law and the human priesthood as being ineffective, temporary, and now fulfilled, and that the true and effective mediation of Jesus Christ in the heavenly sanctuary has taken their place.

The New Testament makes it clear that we are no longer bound by Old Testament ceremonial laws (Colossians 2:16–17,
Colossians 2:16-17 16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Galatians

5:2-3 2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law

4:9–11 9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. 11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain

3:24–25, 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

2:11–13, 11 Now when Peter[a] had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; 12 for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. 13 And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.

Hebrews 7:18, 18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. 19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

CONTINUED

Location hidden

#407909 Dec 8, 2012
Acts 11:1–9 ¶ And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God. And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him, Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them. But Peter rehearsed [the matter] from the beginning, and expounded [it] by order unto them, saying, I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me:
Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat. But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth. But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed,[that] call not thou common

THE RITUAL AND CEREMONY OF MOSES' LAW POINTED FORWARD TO CHRIST'S SACRIFICE. WHEN HE DIED, THIS LAW CAME TO AN END.

Paul makes a distinction between (1) those aspects of God’s law that pointed toward Christ and were set aside at His coming (the ceremonial laws) and (2) the eternal moral law of God which cannot be altered (Hebrews 2:2), and therefore which we should continue to obey. Paul tells us that we are no longer under a tutor (the ceremonial aspects of the law: e.g. Galatians 5:2). But that we are not free to sin (to break the moral laws of God: Romans 6:1-2,15, thus they are still binding on us.)

Paul refers to the ceremonial law as the “weak and beggarly elements” and the “commandments contained in ordinances” that no longer need to be obeyed since the death of Christ on the cross to provide the more perfect sacrifice and end the ceremonies. This is what the apostles were fighting against when in Acts 15 the apostles had to fight against certain Pharisees who wanted to circumcise everyone and command them to keep the ceremonial laws

Paul exhorts in Galatians 4:9-10 that keeping the various feast days, monthly new moons and yearly Sabbaths of the ceremonial law (ordinances) was bondage and in his letter to the Colossians, he writes that the ordinances of the ceremonial law was against them and contrary to them and was only a shadow of things to come. Example: Passover was a shadow of the crucifixion when the true Passover Lamb of God died for everyone, and fifty days after Passover was the Feast of weeks, which was a shadow of Pentecost and coincided with the giving of the Ten Commandments. See the previous table above for more detail. This is what Colossians 2:17 refers to in regards to a shadow of things to come.

Having blotted out the handwriting of the ordinances concerning us, which was contrary to us, he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross: having spoiled governments and powers, he made a show of them openly, having triumphed over them by it. Let no one, therefore, judge you in meat, or in drink [offerings], or in respect of a festival, or of a new moon, or of Sabbaths; which are a shadow of the things which were to come, but the substance is of Christ.”(Colossians 2:14-17)

Since: Sep 12

Fort Worth, TX

#407910 Dec 8, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, dumbass, you are in a discussion forum where subjects are discussed.
Yes try reading the topic of this thread and see if your anti religion comment fit.
Mhm do you enjoy being off topic or might you be trolling?

Location hidden

#407911 Dec 8, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem, I don't want to take the time to believe you without supporting evidence.
I sent you a lot of stuff. It was my best effort.Its lengthy but thats how I am LOL

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#407912 Dec 8, 2012
[who="TheBlackSheep"
Hey, dumbass, you are in a discussion forum where subjects are discussed.

No kidding???

KM
marge

Ames, IA

#407913 Dec 8, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know why young men and women give up marriage, they do it for the kingdom of heaven ....it's in the bible. Why do you have a problem with people sacrificing earthly pleasure for Jesus's sake?
The only problem i have is that you forbid marriage for the priesthood, and meat on fridays, who else does that?

#407914 Dec 8, 2012
who="ReginaM"
He is! And one of the sweetest things about him is that he tells the truth...unlike you.:):)

Of course he is, honey. He agrees with YOU...

KayMarie
preston

Waverly, OH

#407915 Dec 8, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The one thing you always do is back up what you say with your links. I may disagree with them, but you don't just throw out garbage with nothing to back it up. What is particularly disturbing about Annanias and Sapphira is that they can never produce one iota of evidence to back themselves up. 125 years of bible study and the only thing they've mastered is bearing false witness.
thanks for those compliments, I think.lol

but anyway thanks for you using the nicks that he and her have earned.
hermi is behind so he might not have read that, along with mrs fraud lying about the NUN and having to change her story three times, when she was called on it by you, ROB, clay and reggie among others.
preston

Waverly, OH

#407916 Dec 8, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
The one thing you always do is back up what you say with your links. I may disagree with them, but you don't just throw out garbage with nothing to back it up. What is particularly disturbing about Annanias and Sapphira is that they can never produce one iota of evidence to back themselves up. 125 years of bible study and the only thing they've mastered is bearing false witness.
Aren't you just the sweetest thing?:):)
KM
aint it ironic that anthony and I have went toe to tow over four years, before you and mr fraud came on line, yet he calls you two, liars.

truth hurts u, doesnt it?

now tell him again about the nun lie.

and on your side, you can always get the filthy mouth 4bdn and the sda, who follows the false prophetess and LTM to agree with you.lol
preston

Waverly, OH

#407917 Dec 8, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
We both know Kay that you spread a lot of gossip and innuendo here. Between your stories about priests and refusing to admit that you posted stuff about the pope that was false, you have zero credibility. The next time your husband says "millions died" in the inquisitions, you should ask him to show you the evidence. If you won't , you're a party to the lie.
You two make a great pair.:) Both of you 'know everything'...even when you know nothing.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
KayMarie
I have to correct you just like I have had to do with mr fraud.

I knew more one year after I was Saved that you two know with 125 years of what you call study. if you havent learned about following chalatans like benny hinn with those 125 years of studying, I would say that they are wasted years that you cant get back.
truth

Perth, Australia

#407918 Dec 8, 2012
Who told you that grass is wrong..someone tell me..how much kg grass per day your cow and sheep have for your milk?

Did you drink milk if not your children drink milk?

What a about smoking grass..how many great number
trough our civilization?

Did you need know about your food and drink which your body depend?

Where is law there?

Your Creator left as puzzle law within every formula every code of your food as well drink!!!

Did your body have law as well code within you?

Yes it is!

What is most value that you need know?

''law and code of your spinal code..''

Are you for sure everybody know about that?
no..if not why not!!!
Did other teacher teach you or become scare that others know about what?
If they are scare did you know why?
preston

Waverly, OH

#407919 Dec 8, 2012
who="ReginaM"
He is! And one of the sweetest things about him is that he tells the truth...unlike you.:):)
KayMarie
sour people like you hate the truth. that is why you have been caught lying on this forum several times

#407920 Dec 8, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We both know Kay that you spread a lot of gossip and innuendo here. Between your stories about priests and refusing to admit that you posted stuff about the pope that was false, you have zero credibility. The next time your husband says "millions died" in the inquisitions, you should ask him to show you the evidence. If you won't , you're a party to the lie.
~~~

You have you own personal verbal inquisition going currently..

Your inquisition is character assassination...and I have no doubt that you are no different than those that lived in the 650 years of blood letting and torture of the Roman Catholic church..

If there were no laws to protect my wife and I THERE is no telling how far you would go to destroy us, if you could get you hands on us...

Great Catholic attributes you are manifesting.

You can't give an answer... in rebuttal to my debate ...so you attack the messenger..

BLESSINGS

GOD IS FAITHFUL
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#407921 Dec 8, 2012
who="ReginaM"
KayMarie
No, it's that we both agree with the truth.

Spitefulness doesn't become you, Kay.
truth

Perth, Australia

#407922 Dec 8, 2012
Did you know about re-programing? Law of your body!!!
For what?
As well why?!
Is that dangerous know?
No..if yes why is yes?!

Is that sort of slave?
Is that sort of Master mind?
Is that sort of knowledge?

Is that sort of possession?
Is that sort of crime?

Is that sort of Mystery?

What bible say about that?

Read;''in healthy body is healthy soul''!!!
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#407923 Dec 8, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The only problem i have is that you forbid marriage for the priesthood, and meat on fridays, who else does that?
No one, just Christians.
truth

Perth, Australia

#407924 Dec 8, 2012
Why Jesus reserve words about what?

''Why is Master better then slave''?

Did you know what your Master prepare for you?

Why Jesus left words;''in healthy body is healthy soul''!!!

Please tell us about alive force as Spirit!!!
If alive force is Spirit..did every Spirit is holy?

If not please tell me why not?!!!
If yes please tell me why yes?!!!

#407925 Dec 8, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>aint it ironic that anthony and I have went toe to tow over four years, before you and mr fraud came on line, yet he calls you two, liars.
truth hurts u, doesnt it?
now tell him again about the nun lie.
and on your side, you can always get the filthy mouth 4bdn and the sda, who follows the false prophetess and LTM to agree with you.lol
~~~
GREAT MAN... THAT PRESTON ..HE VERBALLY ATTACKS A 79 YEAR OLD LADY..
WITH HIS CATHOLIC ENEMIES IN HIS CHEERING SECTION...
NOW HE CAN STAND UP BEFORE THE TOPIX ARENA AND BOAST ABOUT HIS GREAT
VICTORY..
ONE DAY BEFORE GOD YOU WILL FIND OUT WHAT YOU BAD MOUTH VICTORIES HAVE COST YOU.
preston

Waverly, OH

#407926 Dec 8, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Your inquisition is character assassination ...and I have no doubt that you are no different than those that lived in the 650 years of blood letting and torture of the Roman Catholic church..
If there were no laws to protect my wife and I THERE is no telling how far you would go to destroy us, if you could get you hands on us...
You can't give an answer... in rebuttal to my debate ...so you attack the messenger..
BLESSINGS
GOD IS FAITHFUL
isnt it about time for you to threaten anthony with a court action? first it was Slande with me and now Anthony speaks the truth agaisnt you and it is "Character Assassination ".

your problem is that you need to ahve some character before it could be assassinated

Since: Sep 12

Fort Worth, TX

#407927 Dec 8, 2012
<quoted text>~~~

Your inquisition is character assassination...and I have no doubt that you are no different than those that lived in the 650 years of blood letting and torture of the Roman Catholic church..

BLESSINGS

GOD IS FAITHFUL
You are touching on something I have always found to be a bad thing.
It isn't just the sinful of the world who would like to see bad happen to the Catholic Church. I was raised in a evangelical church when I was a kid we would hear about how bad the Catholic Church is. While I may not worship the way you do I still believe in the bible I follow the teachings of Christ I believe in God the father the son and the Holy Spirit. Christ came he died he arose 3 days later and sits in heaven with the father. This is the basis of Christianity why should it be divided the body of Christ isn't.
In the battle against the federal government requiring Contraception be covered in the churches insurance plans while it isn't an issue to me personally I back the Catholic Church. I see this as a major infraction into the rights of all believers.
Sorry I said to much my point is if Christ be our guide than why should we not support each other when we can see evil beating down the doors trying to divide the body of Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 4 min Hatti_Hollerand 4,574
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessari... 797,628
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min onemale 267,657
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 16 min MUQ1 38,072
sexy hot chats 17 min hornyteen 9
Key to Patriot's changes against Seahawks 21 min Doctor REALITY 3
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 33 min Peace_Warrior 607,280
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr Ooogah Boogah 660
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 8 hr Fred 178
More from around the web