Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,702
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#407886 Dec 8, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
I do know why young men and women give up marriage, they do it for the kingdom of heaven ....it's in the bible. Why do you have a problem with people sacrificing earthly pleasure for Jesus's sake?

It is wonderful when people GIVE up anything for the sake of the gospel. But celibacy in the CC is a condition of service required BY the CC...not the Lord. I know that it is said that the candidates willingly give up marriage...but they really have no choice. They are not accepted unless they DO pledge to give it up.

KayMarie

#407887 Dec 8, 2012
who="Bat Foy"
Than if God is just rubbish why bother with your constant attempts to make believer see things your way? Do you spend so much time arguing the evidence of Easter bunny or contemplating if the tooth fairy is or isn't taking teeth? Do you go to the mall at Christmas and brow beat the kids waiting to see Santa? If you want to know about God great! This trying to kill others faith because you have none is rubbish and you know it.

Well said...
KM
Anthony MN

United States

#407888 Dec 8, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lets get one straight, mrs fraud.
NOT ONE PERSON HAS EVER SEEN ME TALKING FILTHY LIKE THE GUY THAT YOU JUST AGREED WITH.
NOR DO YOU EVER SEE ANTHONY CALL ME A LIAR AND A COWARD LIKE HE HAS YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND
The one thing you always do is back up what you say with your links. I may disagree with them, but you don't just throw out garbage with nothing to back it up. What is particularly disturbing about Annanias and Sapphira is that they can never produce one iota of evidence to back themselves up. 125 years of bible study and the only thing they've mastered is bearing false witness.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#407889 Dec 8, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lets get one straight, mrs fraud.
NOT ONE PERSON HAS EVER SEEN ME TALKING FILTHY LIKE THE GUY THAT YOU JUST AGREED WITH.
NOR DO YOU EVER SEE ANTHONY CALL ME A LIAR AND A COWARD LIKE HE HAS YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND
As the self proclaimed Apostle put it DO DO !!!!!

<snicker>
Anthony MN

United States

#407890 Dec 8, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="preston"lets get one straight, mrs fraud.
You may not have used base language, preston, but your tongue is one of the meanest imaginable. What Anthony says or doesn't say to me, is his own problem...and he will answer to God for it. As you will also. I'm not going to get uptight about your mouth...it is just your way. I won't lose any sleep over it.
Sorry, 4GVN...he needs to hear the truth whether he recognizes it or not.
KayMarie
We both know Kay that you spread a lot of gossip and innuendo here. Between your stories about priests and refusing to admit that you posted stuff about the pope that was false, you have zero credibility. The next time your husband says "millions died" in the inquisitions, you should ask him to show you the evidence. If you won't , you're a party to the lie.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#407891 Dec 8, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I did not know about her calling you a liar or about Orville attacking you.
In that case she has wronged you and needs to apologize. got in the middle of something an mispoke. As they say on the street "Youse my boy".Why would Orville pray to God that he would kill you. That is out of bounds and a sin.Orville needs to apologize as well. Lets try to keep it straight here.We can argue intensely about our faith but this stuff is does not come from a good place. We need to think where it does come from and "keep the devil down in the hole".
Oh Lord now that you fed that troll we are going to have to hear him rant and rave another 2 months on an on about Orville and who did or didn't stand up and defend him or enter a covenant with him.

I may have to take a Sabbatical myself as soon as the Holidays are over.
Anthony MN

United States

#407892 Dec 8, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
I do know why young men and women give up marriage, they do it for the kingdom of heaven ....it's in the bible. Why do you have a problem with people sacrificing earthly pleasure for Jesus's sake?
It is wonderful when people GIVE up anything for the sake of the gospel. But celibacy in the CC is a condition of service required BY the CC...not the Lord. I know that it is said that the candidates willingly give up marriage...but they really have no choice. They are not accepted unless they DO pledge to give it up.
KayMarie
Baloney Kay, there are many ways a person can be of service to God in the Church. There are deacons, Eucharistic ministers, lectors, ushers, music ministries, etc.

Wouldn't you feel better about yourself if you weren't so busy causing trouble all the time?
Clay

United States

#407893 Dec 8, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you only accept a portion of his teachings.
You don't sound like someone I should be following then, huh?
<quoted text>
"You mistake the graces you get from Gods love,..."
You know what I feel and get from "God"? How so?
Are you psychic?
Your arrogance is beginning to show. I don't believe "God" likes arrogance.
Maybe you and KM can get together and write a book about knowinig what "God" does or doesn't do.
Hmmm...you are starting to sound mischievous.
You say I don't accept a portion of his teachings, but if Thomas and Judas were true, then they would have been accepted by the Church. The resurrected Christ would have made sure of that..

Those books do not seem authentic one bit. They seem forged by men.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#407894 Dec 8, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
KayMarie
Then they can CHOOSE to serve Him in another way. It's their CHOICE! It's wonderful that so many CHOOSE to GIVE up sex for the kingdom of heaven!! I know it's hard for you to grasp anyone actually CHOOSING to sacrifice anything for God, but we Christians are used to being criticized and persecuted by the ignorant...just the way Jesus was.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#407895 Dec 8, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I dont understand jethro, even tho this is a public forum, it still is a religious forum and he has no religion so what if any, is this any of his business, to attack not only your beliefs but also he has blasphemed the Word of God often, which is why I have nothing to say to him but only about him.
eventually there comes a time when People ought to tell him to shove off(I did some time ago, I am not going to be friendly with someone baspheming the Word)), and that Is Biblical, and at one time, the Israelites were told to leave some people alone.
You know somewhere in the past I am sure their was a Mother who had faith and hope in Christ that her prayers would be heard for the souls of her children and their children etc.

In Jeremiah 31:15, the prophet speaks of 'Rachel weeping for her children'(KJV). This is interpreted in Judaism as Rachel crying for an end to her descendants' sufferings and exiles following the destruction by the Babylonians of the First Temple in ancient Jerusalem. According to the Midrash, Rachel spoke before God: "If I, a mere mortal, was prepared not to humiliate my sister and was willing to take a rival into my home, how could You, the eternal, compassionate God, be jealous of idols, which have no true existence, that were brought into Your home (the Temple in Jerusalem)? Will You cause my children to be exiled on this account?" God accepted her plea and promised that, eventually, the exile would end and the Jews would return to their land.

To discard Jethro is wrong in my opinion.

As a Christian we should be the voice for that mother of that HOPE in Christ.

#407896 Dec 8, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
The one thing you always do is back up what you say with your links. I may disagree with them, but you don't just throw out garbage with nothing to back it up. What is particularly disturbing about Annanias and Sapphira is that they can never produce one iota of evidence to back themselves up. 125 years of bible study and the only thing they've mastered is bearing false witness.

Aren't you just the sweetest thing?:):)

KM

#407897 Dec 8, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
We both know Kay that you spread a lot of gossip and innuendo here. Between your stories about priests and refusing to admit that you posted stuff about the pope that was false, you have zero credibility. The next time your husband says "millions died" in the inquisitions, you should ask him to show you the evidence. If you won't , you're a party to the lie.

You two make a great pair.:) Both of you 'know everything'...even when you know nothing.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
KayMarie
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#407898 Dec 8, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
Aren't you just the sweetest thing?:):)
KM
He is! And one of the sweetest things about him is that he tells the truth...unlike you.:):)
Anthony MN

United States

#407899 Dec 8, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
You two make a great pair.:) Both of you 'know everything'...even when you know nothing.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
KayMarie
Merry Christmas to you. I hope you consider the spirit of the season before causing any further mischief .
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#407900 Dec 8, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You say I don't accept a portion of his teachings, but if Thomas and Judas were true, then they would have been accepted by the Church. The resurrected Christ would have made sure of that..
Those books do not seem authentic one bit. They seem forged by men.
Perhaps similiarto the catechism, Ellen White writings, Mathw henery's cmentary and many other denominaions literature. It is just their opinion of Gods inspired scriptures.
Anthony MN

United States

#407901 Dec 8, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
He is! And one of the sweetest things about him is that he tells the truth...unlike you.:):)
So do you dear Regina. I hope you're able to enjoy the Christmas season in comfort after all your weather back there.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#407902 Dec 8, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Than if God is just rubbish why bother with your constant attempts to make believer see things your way? Do you spend so much time arguing the evidence of Easter bunny or contemplating if the tooth fairy is or isn't taking teeth? Do you go to the mall at Christmas and brow beat the kids waiting to see Santa? If you want to know about God great! This trying to kill others faith because you have none is rubbish and you know it.
Hey, dumbass, you are in a discussion forum where subjects are discussed.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#407903 Dec 8, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I do not want to take the time to look them up but I will for you
No problem, I don't want to take the time to believe you without supporting evidence.
truth

Perth, Australia

#407904 Dec 8, 2012
Creation of systems on this planet is not from God.
''you are man not God''

Is that true that others control or plain way of your life?

Yes it is!!
Then..please explain why ordinary billions people as great numbers are wrong because of few or small pro-cent.

Did you know foundation of family who try ruin?

If you did not know just look into systems which we have on this planet Earth.

Money and greed..privileged and power!!!
Money become as you see circulation of blade in your body..money is circulation in system of wealth!

Did everybody is very wealthy?

Dependency off money become most serious sin..greed
jealous, war and so on.

#407905 Dec 8, 2012
who="7th Day Catholics Rock" You know somewhere in the past I am sure their was a Mother who had faith and hope in Christ that her prayers would be heard for the souls of her children and their children etc.
In Jeremiah 31:15, the prophet speaks of 'Rachel weeping for her children'(KJV). This is interpreted in Judaism as Rachel crying for an end to her descendants' sufferings and exiles following the destruction by the Babylonians of the First Temple in ancient Jerusalem. According to the Midrash, Rachel spoke before God: "If I, a mere mortal, was prepared not to humiliate my sister and was willing to take a rival into my home, how could You, the eternal, compassionate God, be jealous of idols, which have no true existence, that were brought into Your home (the Temple in Jerusalem)? Will You cause my children to be exiled on this account?" God accepted her plea and promised that, eventually, the exile would end and the Jews would return to their land.
To discard Jethro is wrong in my opinion.
As a Christian we should be the voice for that mother of that HOPE in Christ.

We shouldn't judge Jethro...that is God's business. But that sentimental imaginary story of Rachel weeping for her children has no foundation. Matthew says that Rachel weeping for her children was prophetic regarding her infant descendants who were slaughtered by Herod in his attempt to kill Jesus. The story infers that Rachel received a rival to her marriage in her home, so God should accept idols in the temple.:(

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min waaasssuuup 603,536
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Dave Nelson 763,715
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min Chris Clearwater 175,021
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min Rick in Kansas 263,400
Dish Network 1 hr mnb0495 1
Is Incest with mother is most pleasurable of all? (Feb '12) 1 hr fdskjfsdkj344 38
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 64
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 3 hr Arun 137

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE