Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,258
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Nov 08

usa

#407823 Dec 8, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before, "I do not care "one-iota" as to what you believe! Go live your life in your same old (day by day)"doldrums" of anti-catholic lies and heresy. I'll stick to the TRUTH of faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. I know that it just "bugs" you that ALL of us, as Catholics on this forum, are living out our TRUE FAITH that Christ taught, proclaimed and ministered to His apostles, disciples and followers throughout over 2000 years of Church History, worshipping in HIS One True Catholic Church-----however it "your own misery and hate" that you have to deal with--NOT OURS or the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world. The ONLY thing that we can, and are (called to do-as Christians) is to pray for you!!!!
you gave me the answer i expected,nothing,no history to deny the truth i posted,your living out the true faith of hypocrits,they tell you to follow the word of god treat your fellow man with love and honesty,and they do the opposite,ya your following the right church,and your number is wrong,it's no longer 1.168 billion catholics,it's 1 billion and shrinking by the day,the only place the church is doing ok is in third world countries where people are not educated about the truth of the church,why do you think the pope went to the poor countries of central america?they are desperate people looking for any kind of hope,did he leave behind any money to help them out?after all with 1.168 billion members at a dollar a week times 52 weeks,that's a lot of money,why didn't he offer to help the starving? the homeless? the sick? why not build a hospital for them? they had the money to build a 2 million dollar church in the midwest,and buy the crystal church,how come they never give to the people they are suppose to love and protect and guide? why didn't he stop here in america?? what's he afraid of? you tell me i'm lying abbout the church all the time yet you post nothing that can prove me wrong.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#407824 Dec 8, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>for the past 7 yrs ive been fighting off colon cancer,and so far been winning the battle,but io'm losing weight and energy and the doctor thinks it's because of the chemo drug and the fact i'm still working a physical job,and i've been catholic nore anything else,i was never baptized,my mother was a believer in god but did not believe in organized religion,she was smart enough to know it's just a scam for people to make money using gods words,not one church tells the whole truth,and she didn't like that idea,and thanks to constantine and the early church fathers we'll never know the whole truth since they took it upon themselves to burn books they didn't want people to read and find out how phony their church/es is/are.
I understand where you're coming from.
People have to first look pass the stereotypes about the Church. They been fed quite a bit of propaganda - especially about the bible.

Its important to understand that no Roman Emperor would have been able to infiltrate the Church, because its protected by Christ. Indeed there is no evidence Constantine altered anything about the faith - except he set into motion the idea of compiling a Christian Bible- which finally happened 50 yr after he died.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#407825 Dec 8, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>WHY DONT YOU READ ALL OF WHAT MY POST SAID.
when I saw Jesus in 1965, HIS hair was down past His shoulders.
that in no way indicates that it was down to the floor, since He was sitting in a seat.
and to help your feeble brain out, there are other ways to cut hair with out a razor. which they could have done, I dont know, I diddnt live back then, but unlike you, I know how just how long it is.
you and LTM can only flounder around.lol
Glad to know Jesus was sitting in a seat hope he had a window seat.......lol.......yes I knew a Pentecostal woman that pulled her hair at the ends and used the torn off hair as a filler for her updo.
How do use your your excess hair Percy ?

usa

#407826 Dec 8, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes---and the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world, including myself, Clay, Regina, Anthony and others on this forum ALSO KNOW THE TRUTH, over 2000 years of PROVEN historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ.-------You deny it!!(your choice)----
By-the-way-----Jethro8-----I hope that you are recovering and feeling better! Blessings!!!
there is no proof,no history,apostolic succession does not exist,jesus never said he is building his catholic church in italy,what proof do you have?? except a pack of lies,phony traditions created by men put together by an roman emporer.your right that's real proven historical fact.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#407827 Dec 8, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, no we don't all know.
Its not good to be Biblically ignorant just so you think you're justified in teaching as you do.
Its clear you and the other products of Luther and Calvin changed Scripture meaning AND scripture itself by removing books from the Bible.
Its not too late to repent and come back. You, Confrint and others would have been better off never to venture into this arena. You could have read your bible, prayed and believed as you do without being held responsible.
But what do you do now? Its been proven too many times to count, that your theology is not what was taught. Therefore is not the will of Christ.
Many Evangelical Preachers were at this same crossroad and chose to cease preaching things they now knew to be un biblical. I know you're not a preacher, but you're still on here spreading your version of the faith.
~~~

You wrote

You, Confrint and others would have been better off never to venture

into this arena. You could have read your bible, prayed and believed as you do without being held responsible.

Many Evangelical Preachers were at this same crossroad and chose to cease preaching things they now knew to be un biblical.

___

You don't believe in the Bible as God true word...

How do you know what is (as you say)...Biblical or unbiblical)

since you reject God's divine anointed/inspired standard to measure

truth by..

You gamble the destiny of your eternal soul upon conjecture that has no

scriptural validation,....that can be found ....In the OLD ..

OR NEW TESTAMENT...

To you sorrow here on earth..and your eternal destiny

you want me to let your pagan religious society alone RIGHT?

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek..

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written,

The just shall live by faith.

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

usa

#407828 Dec 8, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so glad there is no cancer Jethro, that is wonderful.
Chemo is a very heavy drug, loss of strength and tiredness is one of the side effects isn't it, Do you take it every day??
If you enjoy your job, and feel you want to keep working Jethro, that is great its important for your self esteem I think.
I don't think people would think least of you if you did take the doctor's advise. You are fighting a tough battle Jethro and the enemy is heartless.
I don't take it every day, i take it for 10 days stop for seven days get a blood test done see the doctor and if my blood counts are ok i start the 10 day cycle again,as far as working goes i'm going to hang in there as long as i can.

#407829 Dec 8, 2012
who="preston"IS THAT the SAME COLLEGE THAT MR FRAUD ATTENDED WHILE a JANITOR?

My husband was never a janitor at a college. But it seems our Lord did some janitor work: He cleaned out the temple!

Wonder of wonders...He's cleaned out a LOT of those.(Know you not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost?):)

Those who clean are not the ones to be shamed...but those who refuse to clean up their act. Not to worry...He will do it in His own time.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

KayMarie
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#407830 Dec 8, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>WHY DONT YOU READ ALL OF WHAT MY POST SAID.
when I saw Jesus in 1965, HIS hair was down past His shoulders.
that in no way indicates that it was down to the floor, since He was sitting in a seat.
and to help your feeble brain out, there are other ways to cut hair with out a razor. which they could have done, I dont know, I diddnt live back then, but unlike you, I know how just how long it is.
you and LTM can only flounder around.lol
It is good to know Jesus had a seat becuase I would have been very disappointed if you had not got up and gave him yours had he not. ;-)

#407831 Dec 8, 2012
who="jethro8" there is no proof,no history,apostolic succession does not exist,jesus never said he is building his catholic church in italy,what proof do you have?? except a pack of lies,phony traditions created by men put together by an roman emporer.your right that's real proven historical fact.

In ten days the Lord will prove Himself real to you.

KM
Clay

Chicago, IL

#407832 Dec 8, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>It is fair to say that it took Martin Luther and his stand against their unbiblical teachings to get them to 'finally' canonizee the partial list of Apocryphal books. Why do you suppose they did not do so 1500 yrs. earlier? Hmmm. We all know, don't we Clay?
Do you know that the Dead Sea Scrolls - written by a devout Jewish community from 250 BC -68 AD - had the books in their Scripture that you guys later removed? Tobit was one for sure, and I believe two others
I encourage you to do some homework on this.

The false Prophet Luther was wrong. He shouldn't have done what he'd done.

#407834 Dec 8, 2012
who="4GVN"
Do you think there is really 'anything' going on in that head'? The man is a nut job! When will you people get it? Why would you KEEP posting to him and subjecting yourselves to his issues?

You are quite right.
KM

#407835 Dec 8, 2012
who="LTM"
Clay, I just posted Matthew 24 to KM. not to discredit the catholic church .
I don't believe to a relgious denomination because I don't beleive any of them have it absolutely right.
God alone has it right and everyone else a lair .
When they started removing prayer and the Bible from schools the Ten Commandments from government buildings, and we Christians didn't say a word, is when Christianity went AWOL Clay.

LTM...while there is some question as to who 'has it right', I associate with a church group BECAUSE He said not to 'forsake the assembly', and He desires us to be in one accord.

Maybe we haven't done enough, but I know Christians who are working hard to keep the Commandments, the Bible reading and prayer visible in America. We have a leftist media that stifles our voice, so the cry is not always heard.

KayMarie
Clay

Chicago, IL

#407836 Dec 8, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
You, Confrint and others would have been better off never to venture
into this arena. You could have read your bible, prayed and believed as you do without being held responsible.
Many Evangelical Preachers were at this same crossroad and chose to cease preaching things they now knew to be un biblical.
___
You don't believe in the Bible as God true word...
How do you know what is (as you say)...Biblical or unbiblical)
since you reject God's divine anointed/inspired standard to measure
truth by..
You gamble the destiny of your eternal soul upon conjecture that has no
scriptural validation,....that can be found ....In the OLD ..
OR NEW TESTAMENT...
To you sorrow here on earth..and your eternal destiny
you want me to let your pagan religious society alone RIGHT?
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek..
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written,
The just shall live by faith.
Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Oh? How am I not living by Gods word?
Id say I'm living by His word more than you, because I have 7 more books in my Bible. Thus, you're not technically "Confronting with the word"
You're "Confronting with some of the word".

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#407837 Dec 8, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
You have a point....A good one, concerning the civil law in the O.T. I think the main issue for Christians is that they follow the moral laws contained in the O.T., and they do not follow the ritual and civil laws....
And although you might not acknowledge that civil law is progressive in the Bible, and grows in time, I think it does.
Why are there millions/billions of them now in the U.S., when a couple of generations ago there may have been hundereds? So do you want to bring back the old civil laws in the U.S.? That would mean everyone MUST carry a firearm, under penalty of going to jail....
But with that aside, you now quote the N.T.,about jots and tittles, heaven and earth....
Does that mean you think that the Universe exists, and at some point in the past did not exist?(i.e. Big Bang?)
Does that mean you think that the Universe at some point will not exist?
Do you think that the Universe at some point has not passed away, and been re-Created? What evidence do you have?
Was there a distinction, in the bible, between civil, ritual, or moral Laws? Where?

#407838 Dec 8, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know that the Dead Sea Scrolls - written by a devout Jewish community from 250 BC -68 AD - had the books in their Scripture that you guys later removed? Tobit was one for sure, and I believe two others
I encourage you to do some homework on this.
The false Prophet Luther was wrong. He shouldn't have done what he'd done.
~~~

YOUR WROTE..

"The false Prophet Luther was wrong. He shouldn't have done what he'd done."

QUESTION..

JUST HOW MANY MILLIONS MORE WOULD HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE BLOOD BATH OF THE INQUISITION...

Had not Luther attempted to stir up a revival in the Roman Catholic Church?
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#407839 Dec 8, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't take it every day, i take it for 10 days stop for seven days get a blood test done see the doctor and if my blood counts are ok i start the 10 day cycle again,as far as working goes i'm going to hang in there as long as i can.
Good for you Jethro, I think that is great.
I hope you get stronger every day.

#407840 Dec 8, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? How am I not living by Gods word?
Id say I'm living by His word more than you, because I have 7 more books in my Bible. Thus, you're not technically "Confronting with the word"
You're "Confronting with some of the word".
~~~

I have presented God's plan of salvation over and over again.

and you could not care less...

I HAVE GIVEN THOUSANDS OF SCRIPTURES OVER THE YEARS..

and you mock them...

As God has said...

Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

Pro 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

Pro 1:27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

Pro 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

Pro 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

Pro 1:30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

Pro 1:31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

Pro 1:32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

Pro 1:33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#407841 Dec 8, 2012
who="LTM"
Clay, I just posted Matthew 24 to KM. not to discredit the catholic church .
I don't believe to a relgious denomination because I don't beleive any of them have it absolutely right.
God alone has it right and everyone else a lair .
When they started removing prayer and the Bible from schools the Ten Commandments from government buildings, and we Christians didn't say a word, is when Christianity went AWOL Clay.
LTM...while there is some question as to who 'has it right', I associate with a church group BECAUSE He said not to 'forsake the assembly', and He desires us to be in one accord.
Maybe we haven't done enough, but I know Christians who are working hard to keep the Commandments, the Bible reading and prayer visible in America. We have a leftist media that stifles our voice, so the cry is not always heard.
KayMarie
Hi KM. Not to forsaken the assembly, exactly what does that mean KM.?? I know the government, wants to be politically correct so not to offend someones faith. But we elect these people into office over and over again.
We were band from protesting the gay parades up here,something about stepping on their civil rights, but no one did anything when we had a Jesus march and we were hackled, and stuff thrown at us.
When I go to a church I expect the truth to be taught, if its not how can we be in one accord with God???
I am all for being in assembly of God with fearing born again brothers and sisters KM I never want to leave the Church or have the worship service end.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#407842 Dec 8, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
YOUR WROTE..
"The false Prophet Luther was wrong. He shouldn't have done what he'd done."
QUESTION..
JUST HOW MANY MILLIONS MORE WOULD HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE BLOOD BATH OF THE INQUISITION...
Had not Luther attempted to stir up a revival in the Roman Catholic Church?
We showed you the truth about the Inquisition and Crusades...we showed you the sex abuse scandal is blowin up and sensationalized by you all.. Millions were not tortured and killed... You have no credible argument to back up what you're sayin.
Question: knowing what you know now, do you STILL stand up at the pulpit on Sundays and spew your anti Catholic propaganda?
If so, may God have mercy on you.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#407843 Dec 8, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you gave me the answer i expected,nothing,no history to deny the truth i posted,your living out the true faith of hypocrits,they tell you to follow the word of god treat your fellow man with love and honesty,and they do the opposite,ya your following the right church,and your number is wrong,it's no longer 1.168 billion catholics,it's 1 billion and shrinking by the day,the only place the church is doing ok is in third world countries where people are not educated about the truth of the church,why do you think the pope went to the poor countries of central america?they are desperate people looking for any kind of hope,did he leave behind any money to help them out?after all with 1.168 billion members at a dollar a week times 52 weeks,that's a lot of money,why didn't he offer to help the starving? the homeless? the sick? why not build a hospital for them? they had the money to build a 2 million dollar church in the midwest,and buy the crystal church,how come they never give to the people they are suppose to love and protect and guide? why didn't he stop here in america?? what's he afraid of? you tell me i'm lying abbout the church all the time yet you post nothing that can prove me wrong.
Your anti-catholic "sickness" will not pollute the minds and hearts of the (yes) other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world (and growing-each and every year) up 1.5% in 2011 and estimated to be higher in 2012. NOR will it "have any effects" on Clay, Regina, Anthony or ANY OTHER Catholic on this forum who know, believe, acknowledge proclaim and adhere to the TRUTH of Jesus
Christ and His One True (historically and biblically PROVEN Catholic Church. Over and over and over again, I have given you documented and authoritative TRUE Church historian apologistic authors and writers,(both Catholic and Protestant) along with the biographical writers from the Lives of the Saints from the Early Church along with over 2000 years of Apostolic Succession beginning with Saint Peter. It is TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY (YOUR PROBLEM) if you can't accept the TRUTH. Jethro8, you can moan, complain, and grumble" ALL YOU WANT, even on your death bed (God Help You) but your "bogus Church History rif-raf" isn't going to change the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY-----(one iota). Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church will CONTINUE to LIVE ON,(and grow) just like it has for over 2000 years.(Your choice)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min Just Wondering 603,397
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 34 min WildWeirdWillie 174,887
Last Word + 2 35 min andet1987 930
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min Stilgar Fifrawi 762,392
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 38 min andet1987 1,242
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 44 min andet1987 4,393
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 49 min Charlie Sheen 263,151
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 2 hr Johnny 4,120

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE