Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,637)

Showing posts 392,721 - 392,740 of512,325
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"To me, Catholicism isn't faith at all, it is dictation from one man to another"
Believe it or not, I can see how someone on the outside looking in, has that impression.
But you NASL, said you used to be in the Church, so I would expect a little more understanding of how we view things.
The main thing is that we believe Christ started an actual Church. A hierarchy; a magisterium. New Testament scripture Is a result of this magisterium's authority when they added 27 books to the Bible in the 4th century.
Given the fact that Christ is God made manifest...and He started a Church... This Church would have to be 100% right on teachings or not at all. Because Christ wasn't a little right here or somewhat right there.. No, he was/is 100% right.
And I can't find the Catholic Church in error on one single doctrine. Its only when folks take a deceptive stance towards the Church that they can 'show' error. ie citing bible verses out of context.
Clay says........To me, Catholicism isn't faith at all, it is dictation from one man to another.

Michael says......its the same with any religious belief.

Born by chance a catholic, Jesus is your savior.

Born by chance a Jew, no son of God Jesus in your prayers.

Born by chance a Muslim, Allah is who you would worship, and Jesus is dropped down to being a prophet only.

Born a by chance a protestant, No virgin Mary, no purgatory, no canon laws or papal documents.

Everyone one of these groups above each claiming righteousness. Every group claiming "WE ARE RIGHT AND YOU ARE NOT"

You can't understand why educated people today are bailing out of organized religion.

1 in 5 americans today claims no religion. Doubled in just 12 years.

Believe what you want, but there is no clear winner of the truth, if there was everyone would be that religion.

preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I post today that makes me a heretic?
Your just another broken record, of Lets blame everyone else but ourselves.
UNBELIEVABLE!
DONT YOU THINK THAT IT IS ABOUT TIME FOR YOU TO SHUT UP AND GROW UP?
you griped about me calling out LTM for her lying but you have drug this dead horse of yours for 3000 miles or so.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
4GVN good friend
Thank you for your concern.
You are welcome.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You go and figure it out "for yourself". I'm not playing your (merry-go-round "question and answer" anti-Catholic games! You've have (already) decided on your "pre-determined" bible only (heretically distorted answers)---therefore ---- it has, is, and continues to be a "total waste of my time"!---- Check with Ron Rhodes and James McCarthy and they will tell you (exactly) "what you want to hear!"
Ahhhh. There it is. That silly PARROT routine. By HOHO.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think its a case of not taking the blame.
We're dealing with people hell bent on making Catholicism go away.
They are clearly sensationalizing this topic for personal gain. The statistics don't warrant such lopsided devotion to this topic. Obviously its other issues that fuel this devotion.
When Catholics stand up and present evidence that:
1. Its not a fraction of the scandal you make it out to be. Its no more an issue in the Church than any other group of people.
2. The Church has made more strides than any other group to rid this evil in their midst.(no bigot on here would dare acknowledge this)
3. The blame shift as you say is not denying sins of some members of our Church. Its merely pointing out that peoples biased agenda is not because they actually are concerned about victims. Its because they hate us for other reasons not related to the scandal.
No, you still belong to a group that not only committed terrible crimes, but covered them as well. It is not one or two bad priest or even just a few dozen! It is the entire church, which helped cover up the crimes and the followers who continue to support a criminal syndicate!

It has very little to do with your beliefs and everything to do with your support!
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you still belong to a group that not only committed terrible crimes, but covered them as well. It is not one or two bad priest or even just a few dozen! It is the entire church, which helped cover up the crimes and the followers who continue to support a criminal syndicate!
It has very little to do with your beliefs and everything to do with your support!
Oh no no on. You can't make a blanket statement that its the entire Church top to bottom.
I thought you Atheist were interested in scientific evidence? Isn't that how you come to the conclusion that there is no God?
Well scientific evidence shows the abuse thing isn't anymore in the CC then your immediate family.
So, who in Black Sheeps family is covering it up? We know its Michael in his family. He obviously struggles with attraction to children based on his unprecedented attention to this subject..
Someone in your family is doing the same thing. I know you'd like to think its a catholic thing, But its right in front of you as you gather with your kin at Thanksgiving or Christmas.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"To me, Catholicism isn't faith at all, it is dictation from one man to another"
Believe it or not, I can see how someone on the outside looking in, has that impression.
But you NASL, said you used to be in the Church, so I would expect a little more understanding of how we view things.
The main thing is that we believe Christ started an actual Church. A hierarchy; a magisterium. New Testament scripture Is a result of this magisterium's authority when they added 27 books to the Bible in the 4th century.
Given the fact that Christ is God made manifest...and He started a Church... This Church would have to be 100% right on teachings or not at all. Because Christ wasn't a little right here or somewhat right there.. No, he was/is 100% right.
And I can't find the Catholic Church in error on one single doctrine. Its only when folks take a deceptive stance towards the Church that they can 'show' error. ie citing bible verses out of context.
You are comingling what Jesus stated and taught with what men claimed he taught.

You failed to understand that.

"this magisterium's authority when they added 27 books to the Bible in the 4th century."

400 yrs later?

Really? This justifies what you believe as "true"?

Wanna try again? Or is this where you say that "God's Inspiration" now takes precendence?

It also sort of washed down the drain, that "Apostolic Succession" too.

Really?
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you still belong to a group that not only committed terrible crimes, but covered them as well.i!
Actually, YOU belong to group that committed terrible crimes too. You should leave your family and live by yourself.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You may want to read "The Jesus Wars" for a better understanding of what you believe to be "true".
http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Wars-Patriarchs-E...

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't understand why educated people today are bailing out of organized religion.
1 in 5 americans today claims no religion. Doubled in just 12 years.
Believe what you want, but there is no clear winner of the truth, if there was everyone would be that religion.
"You can't understand why educated people today are bailing out of organized religion."

Of course they can't, because they don't even understand their own religion well enough to make this step themselves.

They would rather go on believing as they do, in the charade that they were given, than to take the effort and understand:

- why do I only believe in a portion of what Jesus taught?
- why do I think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus or the other Apostles?

All to do with Self, but through their eyes, they think this is being "selfish", "self-centered", or even "self-righteous".

All are incorrect, if one realizes that if one could examine themself of the faults they have within, that these "traits" would disappear.

They must be afraid of being free from these "sins".
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is being infallibly and unchangeably taught. It's a discipline, a small "t" tradition. Neither are wrong. It's not at all like women being priests. That has been "taught", it's been defined as something that cannot happen. If you can't accept that, well, I'm sorry.
Do you not understand that it is wrong for man to place requirements on God's servents that God himself did not place. The Pharisees were noted for making laws apart from God. I believe taht you are intelligent enough to understand the concept.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey TBS - they don't see it this way. They feel that the so-called UNDEFINED "Church" is all they need, and that just because certain individuals (their hierarchy) has caused harm to children, it has not affect upon their "church" or the embodiment of the so-called UNDEFINED "Church".

Yet, they will donate to it, support it, and even like this forum posters exclaim - believe in it.

Donating to it - to help pay off the victims of said abuse
Support it - by attending the services, even though they know children have been abused by a priest, they just don't know if their priest is guilty or not.

Believe in it - because they choose to only believe in half of what Jesus taught - those teachings accumulated by men.

Quite sad, in many regards, for an individual to support child abuse, but all the while, deny they do.

This is the honesty they fear and are afraid to express.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no no on. You can't make a blanket statement that its the entire Church top to bottom.
I thought you Atheist were interested in scientific evidence? Isn't that how you come to the conclusion that there is no God?
Well scientific evidence shows the abuse thing isn't anymore in the CC then your immediate family.
So, who in Black Sheeps family is covering it up? We know its Michael in his family. He obviously struggles with attraction to children based on his unprecedented attention to this subject..
Someone in your family is doing the same thing. I know you'd like to think its a catholic thing, But its right in front of you as you gather with your kin at Thanksgiving or Christmas.
One very important distinction, our families are not claiming to be 'god' guided, or 'god' anything. The church believes and insists that its followers believe that god is in control. Until my family makes such a claim, you are missing in the wind!

Your god appointed people failed you!

Science in no way tries to proof that there is no god. There is just, very simply no god evidence of any god. Try to get that straight.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>DONT YOU THINK THAT IT IS ABOUT TIME FOR YOU TO SHUT UP AND GROW UP?
you griped about me calling out LTM for her lying but you have drug this dead horse of yours for 3000 miles or so.
NOPE! I got 10,000 more miles to go! GIDDY UP!

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"You can't understand why educated people today are bailing out of organized religion."
Of course they can't, because they don't even understand their own religion well enough to make this step themselves.
They would rather go on believing as they do, in the charade that they were given, than to take the effort and understand:
- why do I only believe in a portion of what Jesus taught?
- why do I think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus or the other Apostles?
All to do with Self, but through their eyes, they think this is being "selfish", "self-centered", or even "self-righteous".
All are incorrect, if one realizes that if one could examine themself of the faults they have within, that these "traits" would disappear.
They must be afraid of being free from these "sins".
Another thing that is baffling. The cousins/son debate from the bible.

Catholics claim that Jesus had no brothers, because centuries later the church declared Mary an ever virgin, yet scriptures in several locations clearly state brothers not cousins, and lets not forget! it was the "CATHOLIC FATHERS THEMSELVES" who wrote this stuff, and catholics today dispute what the CATHOLIC FATHERS WROTE.

(lol)

makes no common sense!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, YOU belong to group that committed terrible crimes too. You should leave your family and live by yourself.
Do I claim that my family has any connection to a prefect God? No.

Do I claim that god selected anyone in my family to lead it?

No, but the rcc does. The rcc makes several claims about how god has his hand in it, yet the rcc has been caught doing many things which are illegal.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
One very important distinction, our families are not claiming to be 'god' guided, or 'god' anything. The church believes and insists that its followers believe that god is in control. Until my family makes such a claim, you are missing in the wind!
Your god appointed people failed you!
Science in no way tries to proof that there is no god. There is just, very simply no god evidence of any god. Try to get that straight.
Have you seen God?...... Has Clay seen God?....Has Anthony seen God?...Has ReginaM. seen God?...... Has Michael seen God?

If there are so many skeptics today in our world about God, wouldn't it be time that God makes himself known? Would kind of help the credability along, wouldn't you think?

30,000 innocent children starve to death everyday in our world. No one helping them, yet religious people claim saying some little prayer 3 times, is going to help them with their little breathing problem, or nose cancer will disappear.......but no help for those starving.

BUSTED!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You may want to read "The Jesus Wars" for a better understanding of what you believe to be "true".
http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Wars-Patriarchs-E...
Yes I'm aware of that.

Here's the problem:

You'd have to accept that 4 Patriarchs, 3 Queens, and a couple Emperors overtook what Christ wished to establish.
That's not faith at all. Christ being who He is, wouldn't let that sort of thing infiltrate His teachings.
Whatever religion prevailed HAD to be the one that Christ wanted.(and no, Catholicism was not spread by the sword.. 35 of the first Popes were murdered and countless Priests fed to the lions.)

There was no secret hidden church Our Lord started. Nothing got mixed up. Nothing was spread that wasn't His will. Our Lord is the good shepherd who does not leave His flock.

You can't buy into this conspiracy Christianity stuff NASL. It insults Our Lord and lacks legitimate faith.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="LTM"
Thank you I thought it was also, my Mom who was a nurse, use to wrap a raw onion up in an old sock and put it around our throat when we had the flu or a common cold.
Some of these old remedies really work . some people are allergies to sprays to freshen the house I use vinegar. Just place a bowl in a room and the odors are gone with in about half and hour
&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&
Mom baked her onions first...
KM
Really?? did she use it for colds and flu's
baked onions sounds like something I would eat.
LOL

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If treatment is no gurantee that a person will not re-offend why are we allowing them to get out? Every city in america has sex offender registries that are nothing but ticking time bombs ready to go off at anytime.
Isn't that the problem?
We all know this is a problem that cuts across all society. The issue with the catholic church is the church that systematically all around the world every bishop who had first hand knowledge of an offender, operated EXACTLY the same way in dealing with the offenders. LIE for the perpitrators, DECEIVE the followers as to why the offenders were getting moved, and COVERED UP these crimes from authorities, everytime. What rational person does that? They all did it. Its obvious to me people higher up than the Bishops must have been giving orders for all the bishops to act in the exact same manner of dealing with the many situations. How else could it be explained?
The first phone call past or present of anyone taking serious advantage of anyone should be 9-1-1. Not a physciatrist. Who does that?.....
Every 9-1-1 call was made by the victims or their families. What does that say about the church leaders who preach morality but don't practice it themselves?
Not very much.
iN MOST CASeS THE LAW DICTATES THAT THE OFFENDER CAN ONLY BE KEPT INCARCERATED FOR A DEFINITE AMOUNT OF TIME. aN EXCEPTION WOUD BE IF THE OFFENDER IS declared a predatory sex offender. n this case he is placed in a mental health side of the prison system ( still prison) and he is evaluated friom time to tinme as far as his dangerousness is concerned. He can be kept incarcerated a long time this way. Of course civil rights activists are oposed to this.(sorry my caps were opon at the beginning)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 392,721 - 392,740 of512,325
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

655 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min pusherman_ 680,865
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min RiccardoFire 89,606
Proof Jesus never existed (Aug '09) 3 min Doctor REALITY 12,239
The sad REALITY of being a gay atheist 6 min Doctor REALITY 12
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min -USA-1 109,748
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min number four 217,208
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Pegasus 250,438
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 22 min Boomboompow 280
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr pusherman_ 596,623
•••
•••
•••