Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,872
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407728 Dec 8, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>08Dec12.....
.....Don't be afraid to call 'sickaelBreath'(mickel) a schidt-for-brains.
Didja ever so much bullschidt in yer life as dat von.
Ps:....dat eeejit is dat and more besides.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Bob we are all sorry you missed your childhood. Shite happens! But its good to know you are enjoying it now.

You are such a breath of fresh air and inspiration to HOJO, CLAY, and ANTHONY. They love you bob. Keep up the good work.

ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#407729 Dec 8, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Very helpful. Saved me a lot of time. Great to see you again. Thanks again. Will file this away.
Glad to see he gave you the correct information. The word "apocrypha" is the tip off. In this case it's being used as a pejorative. The proper term for those books is deuterocanonical, the rest are protocanonical. There are apocryphal writings, but the Church did not include them in the bible canon.

Here is a more complete list:

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/septuagint.h...

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/deuterocanon...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407730 Dec 8, 2012
Christy Swanson wrote:
I am Catholic.
Being Catholic is difficult, but I believe in forgiveness.
Christy, why is it difficult being a catholic?

Are you tired of the scandals? Are you fed up with the name calling catholics get? Have you lost the trust of the church leaders? Tell us my friend!

We are here to help!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#407731 Dec 8, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="TheBlackSheep"
Where is this video?
Much like UFO's, never NY City. Nope. A tiny little village in Bulgaria. Nice and safe... and unverifiable.
********
I had the video in my possession for a long time. It is at my daughters' now.
Did you mean to say,'a tiny little village in BETHLEHEM?'
The whole world knows about Him, but some still can't believe.
KayMarie
Yes, it was always,'once in my possession'.

So, you have this video and you never put it on youtube or sent it to CNN?

Wasn't bethlehem a village?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#407732 Dec 8, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
I had the video in my possession for a long time. It is at my daughters' now.
Did you mean to say,'a tiny little village in BETHLEHEM?'
The whole world knows about Him, but some still can't believe.
KayMarie
You know, there are at least two others on topix who claim to have secret scrolls. Amazing how these 'big proofs' stay hidden.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#407733 Dec 8, 2012
Christy Swanson wrote:
I am Catholic.
Being Catholic is difficult, but I believe in forgiveness.
----------
1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,
Matthew 11:30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
----------
Matthew 23:4 They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407734 Dec 8, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
. If the Jews rejected them which some did at the council in Jamnia in 90AD primarily because Christians were using them to bolster Jesus.
So the RCC would have us believe that the 'Apocrypha books were removed because THEY were being used to bolster Jesus.....BUT....The the rest of scripture was o.k. because it 'did not bolster Jesus?" Clueless. This is the kind of reasoning one gets from the RCC.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407735 Dec 8, 2012
Though it is true that some early church leaders quoted everal of the Apocrypha books as scripture (as Roman Catholics are quick to point out), it is also true at many church leaders rejected these books. One of the earliest Christian ists of OLD Testament books is that of Melito, the Bishop of Sardis, who in A.D. 170 affirmed all of the Old Testment books (except Esther), BUT DID NOT MENTION A SINGLE APOCRYPHAL BOOK.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407736 Dec 8, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The usual are quotes dont match word for word, this book wasnt quoted from by the Apostles but then again all they accept weren't either. So they need to start throwing more books out by that logic.
Obviously, the books that everyone excepts were never in question so this is a moot point by the RCC. Silly stuff.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#407737 Dec 8, 2012
who="TheBlackSheep"
Yes, it was always,'once in my possession'.
So, you have this video and you never put it on youtube or sent it to CNN?
Wasn't bethlehem a village?

**********

I'm not that computer savvy, and know nothing about youtube.

Bethlehem is where Jesus was born.

KayMarie
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407738 Dec 8, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there is a historical error, there is witchcraft, blah blah blah.
The response here is to try to 'blah, blah, blah the issue rather than address the reality of the errors and witchcraft? This is a very foolish response. This does not address the FACTS.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#407739 Dec 8, 2012
It amazes me those of us who call ourselves christians, are rising up calling each other lairs, and many other names.
We who say we love the Lord have made our brothers and sisters in the Lord our enemy , we are fighting each other.

Satan sure has done his job well, we don't even trust that though we are not able, God is able to bring us to perfection.
I love the Lord very much as I am sure the rest of my brothers and sisters in the Lord do.

The truth is I rather talk to Jethro, and Michael then some of you, I don't feel judged or condemn to hell, because I may spiritually haven't matured to the same level that others have.
This is God's plan for Salvation not ours, I believe we all are right were we are suppose to be in God's wonderful plan.

I wonder how many people have left their walk with God because of finger pointers, God takes the load off and we 'GOOD WELL MEANING CHRISTIAN THROW IT RIGHT BACK ON THEM'
WE KEEP SAYING GOD IS A LOVING HOLY GOD; SO WERE IS THE LOVE?? AS BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS WE ARE SUPPOSE TO SHOW THE WORLD, IF WE KEEP ACTING LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD TO WARD OUR FELLOW MAN.
ISN'T THERE SUPPOSE TO BE A CHANGE, A TOLERATION ACCEPTANCE AND AN UNDERSTAND.THERE ISN'T ANY ON THIS BOARD.

THIS BOARD IS FULL OF ( IN OUR OWN WORDS; LAIRS IDIOTS, RETARDS,) AND MANY OTHER NAMES I CAN'T REMEMBER THEM ALL.

MY APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE I MADE FEEL LEAST IMPORTANT TO GOD THEN ANYONE ELSE.
GOD SENT HIS SON JESUS TO DIE FOR THE WHOLE WORLD,
I GUESS SOME OF US ARE STILL IN THE PHARISEE STAGE IN OUR WALK WITH THE LORD.
WE REALLY MUST LEARN NOT TO THROW STONES AT EACH OTHER.

WE ALL ARE SINNERS AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD, "YET WHILE WE WERE SINNERS JESUS DIED FOR US.'
I LOVE YOU ALL I REALLY DO 'LET GOD BE PRAISED'
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407740 Dec 8, 2012
In A.D. 367 the great champion of orthoxy, Arthanasius ( bishop of Alexedria), wrote his (paschal letter), in which he listed all of the books of the New Tesament, and all of the books of the Old Testament exept Esther. Although he did mention oe of the Apocryphal books he said that these are "not indeed included in the Canon,..."

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#407741 Dec 8, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, you should ask you're priest if you can get up in the pulpit and speak once in awhile.
Catholics would be enlightened by your mild manners, and your ability to spell correctly.
You are an inspiration to all.
LOL mild manners and spelling You are a hoot

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#407742 Dec 8, 2012
Somebody got this out, and I didn't know it. This is a condensed version of Jesus in Bulgaria. The tape had to be viewed by Bulgarian authorities before it left the country...and even those doing the tape did not see Him until they were viewing the tape back in America.

Personally know one of the singers.

http://youtu.be/M7TXMJiUJKo

KayMarie

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#407743 Dec 8, 2012
LTM wrote:
It amazes me those of us who call ourselves christians, are rising up calling each other lairs, and many other names.
We who say we love the Lord have made our brothers and sisters in the Lord our enemy , we are fighting each other.
Satan sure has done his job well, we don't even trust that though we are not able, God is able to bring us to perfection.
I love the Lord very much as I am sure the rest of my brothers and sisters in the Lord do.
The truth is I rather talk to Jethro, and Michael then some of you, I don't feel judged or condemn to hell, because I may spiritually haven't matured to the same level that others have.
This is God's plan for Salvation not ours, I believe we all are right were we are suppose to be in God's wonderful plan.
I wonder how many people have left their walk with God because of finger pointers, God takes the load off and we 'GOOD WELL MEANING CHRISTIAN THROW IT RIGHT BACK ON THEM'
WE KEEP SAYING GOD IS A LOVING HOLY GOD; SO WERE IS THE LOVE?? AS BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS WE ARE SUPPOSE TO SHOW THE WORLD, IF WE KEEP ACTING LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD TO WARD OUR FELLOW MAN.
ISN'T THERE SUPPOSE TO BE A CHANGE, A TOLERATION ACCEPTANCE AND AN UNDERSTAND.THERE ISN'T ANY ON THIS BOARD.
THIS BOARD IS FULL OF ( IN OUR OWN WORDS; LAIRS IDIOTS, RETARDS,) AND MANY OTHER NAMES I CAN'T REMEMBER THEM ALL.
MY APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE I MADE FEEL LEAST IMPORTANT TO GOD THEN ANYONE ELSE.
GOD SENT HIS SON JESUS TO DIE FOR THE WHOLE WORLD,
I GUESS SOME OF US ARE STILL IN THE PHARISEE STAGE IN OUR WALK WITH THE LORD.
WE REALLY MUST LEARN NOT TO THROW STONES AT EACH OTHER.
WE ALL ARE SINNERS AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD, "YET WHILE WE WERE SINNERS JESUS DIED FOR US.'
I LOVE YOU ALL I REALLY DO 'LET GOD BE PRAISED'
I am with you. Just another sinner.I see Christ in you. Hold your head up.
We disagree at times. However many of your posts show warmth and love.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#407744 Dec 8, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
I'm not that computer savvy, and know nothing about youtube.
Bethlehem is where Jesus was born.
KayMarie
bethlehem is where they claim the myth was born. But the thing was, you said "a village in bethlehem" and I said, "bethlehem was a village", and there is not a village inside of a village.

No one you know is smart enough to put a video on to the internet? You are not smart enough to find some one who could?

Naw, I think you would be smart enough to find a kid, almost any kid knows how to upload a video. I would say that you are nothing more than a lair. I cannot think of a reason why you need to lie. Maybe your life sucks so bad in real life, so you come here to lie to people who cannot point and laugh at you.

I have a hard time believing that there are any christians on topix. I am sure that some claim to be christian in their real life, not because they believe, but because they want to belong.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#407745 Dec 8, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
Somebody got this out, and I didn't know it. This is a condensed version of Jesus in Bulgaria. The tape had to be viewed by Bulgarian authorities before it left the country...and even those doing the tape did not see Him until they were viewing the tape back in America.
Personally know one of the singers.
http://youtu.be/M7TXMJiUJKo
KayMarie
I did not see a first century jew in that film. Maybe you would be kind enough to point him out?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#407746 Dec 8, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to see he gave you the correct information. The word "apocrypha" is the tip off. In this case it's being used as a pejorative. The proper term for those books is deuterocanonical, the rest are protocanonical. There are apocryphal writings, but the Church did not include them in the bible canon.
Here is a more complete list:
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/septuagint.h...
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/deuterocanon...
very thorough links Thanks

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#407747 Dec 8, 2012
who="LTM" It amazes me those of us who call ourselves christians, are rising up calling each other lairs, and many other names.
We who say we love the Lord have made our brothers and sisters in the Lord our enemy , we are fighting each other.
Satan sure has done his job well, we don't even trust that though we are not able, God is able to bring us to perfection.
I love the Lord very much as I am sure the rest of my brothers and sisters in the Lord do.
The truth is I rather talk to Jethro, and Michael then some of you, I don't feel judged or condemn to hell, because I may spiritually haven't matured to the same level that others have.
This is God's plan for Salvation not ours, I believe we all are right were we are suppose to be in God's wonderful plan.
I wonder how many people have left their walk with God because of finger pointers, God takes the load off and we 'GOOD WELL MEANING CHRISTIAN THROW IT RIGHT BACK ON THEM'
WE KEEP SAYING GOD IS A LOVING HOLY GOD; SO WERE IS THE LOVE?? AS BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS WE ARE SUPPOSE TO SHOW THE WORLD, IF WE KEEP ACTING LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD TO WARD OUR FELLOW MAN.
ISN'T THERE SUPPOSE TO BE A CHANGE, A TOLERATION ACCEPTANCE AND AN UNDERSTAND.THERE ISN'T ANY ON THIS BOARD.
THIS BOARD IS FULL OF ( IN OUR OWN WORDS; LAIRS IDIOTS, RETARDS,) AND MANY OTHER NAMES I CAN'T REMEMBER THEM ALL.
MY APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE I MADE FEEL LEAST IMPORTANT TO GOD THEN ANYONE ELSE.
GOD SENT HIS SON JESUS TO DIE FOR THE WHOLE WORLD,
I GUESS SOME OF US ARE STILL IN THE PHARISEE STAGE IN OUR WALK WITH THE LORD.
WE REALLY MUST LEARN NOT TO THROW STONES AT EACH OTHER.
WE ALL ARE SINNERS AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD, "YET WHILE WE WERE SINNERS JESUS DIED FOR US.'
I LOVE YOU ALL I REALLY DO 'LET GOD BE PRAISED'

**********

Ditto (ME, TOO)

KM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Qu_innocence 608,156
Activist Cindy Sheehan Arrested in House Chambe... (Feb '06) 5 min Responsibility 15
Moses never existed 13 min Khatru 1,281
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min Next Victim Please 809,253
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 32 min AN NFL FAN 121,328
LAPD shoot homeless man after altercation 1 hr Poov 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr dduttonnc 97,879
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 268,862
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 12 hr Jack 18
More from around the web