Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,635)

Showing posts 392,681 - 392,700 of512,388
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I know for certain, that every Catholic on here has stated their disgust with the guilty clergy and those who covered for them.
Some, like myself, said "hang em".
I know you know this was said by me, because we talked about it.
Yet, when we finally respond to your 20,000 posts, you accuse us for defending the Church and not the victim.
Face it, nothing will satisfy you til the Church closes its doors and disappears.
Well, it must make your blood boil to know the Church will be around long after your dead and gone. We had Michaels spewing anti Catholic junk in every decade since Saint Peter. We're still here.
Where did Clay go?

What happened to Gened, Catholic Mom, Sophie and the others? Have they given up?
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY says.......
...Yet, when we finally respond to your 20,000 posts, you accuse us for defending the Church and not the victim.
MICHAEL says....
....Everyday thousands of americans INCLUDING CATHOLICS write letters of concern to their cities mayors, their congressmen, and even the president of the United States expressing their issues.
I have yet to hear of any catholic poster on here ever write to their bishops or even parish priest asking why LIES, DECEIT and COVERUPS occured in the catholic church.
Cathoilics are SILENT when it comes to being pro-active in contacting their church leaders. All they do now is pat the church on the back for this new ZERO tolerance. Where was your voice when the shite was flying, when victims needed support? NO WHERE!........that is what is disgusting!
Ok, one more response and that's it.

1. Why would I write to my Bishop today? DS clearly showed the Church is leading the way and new protocol is in place to ensure that there will never be a cover up again.

2. You cite 1700 yrs of abuse (from none other than anti Catholic former priest Richard Sipe) as a way of blowing up this issue to make it seem far far worse than it is or ever was! I don't understand how you can look at the statistics, and act like this is bigger than anything you ever heard?
Its clear as can be that you WANT it to be big. You WANT this on the front page everyday. You WANT everyone in the world to think of the Catholic Church as a Pedophile ring - even though you know that's ridiculous. You know the truth.
Honestly, you're one of the sickest individuals I ever came across. Its indescribable how ignorant you are. I never thought anyone would use child sexual abuse - which is one of the most evil acts imaginable - as a personal platform cuz you don't believe in God, and want everyone else to not as well.
Unbelievable sick.
Give it up. You're embarrassing yourself.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Celebacy!

http://www.futurechurch.org/fpm/history.htm

Council Elvira 306 AD

A priest who sleeps with his wife the night before will lose his job.(lol)

...and this is the history of the one true church that Clay brags about.... above?

Fifteenth Century
Transition; 50% of priests are married and accepted by the people.

Interesting, most catholics today believe in optional celebacy.

BUSTED!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
All sin is against God and must be confessed to Him.
Psalm 32:3-5
3 When I kept silent,
my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.
4 For day and night
your hand was heavy on me;
my strength was sapped
as in the heat of summer.
5 ~~~~~Then I acknowledged my sin to you
and did not cover up my iniquity (sin.)
I said,“I will confess
my transgressions (sin) to the Lord.”
And you forgave
the guilt of my sin.~~~~~
What a lovely god!

2 Samuel 12:11 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

12 For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the Lord. And Nathan said unto David, The Lord also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.

14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.

15 And Nathan departed unto his house. And the Lord struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David, and it was very sick.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
Psalm 32:2
2 Blessed is the one
whose sin the Lord does not count against them
and in whose spirit is no deceit.
I do love this game!

Deuteronomy 21:10-14
"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
We Love you and your wife...and am so thankful that God has brought you to this point of your recovery.
Php 1:2 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Php 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
GOD is a loving father, and it is His attributes TO supply all of you needs.
Php_4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Your Salvation includes...
welfare, health, prosperity, deliverance, and victory...
THE ABOVE... was GOD'S plan for Adam and Eve..
before they sinned and
it is available
for/to all that are restored ( return ) to God's fellowship
when they receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior, by faith.
All the above was God's intention for all upon earth ...Had sin not entered into the spectrum...
When one returns to God by repentance all the benefits that were pre-Adamic are restored to them.
Adam and Eve did not do works... to earn fellowship with God ...before they sinned...Their earthly occupation was to take care of the garden..but they did not do any works to enjoy fellowship with GOD...
He came down in the cool of the day and walked with them.
___
NOTE
ALL GOD'S CREATION.. exists for HIS pleasure...and to be the objective
of His UNFAILING LOVE and BENEFITS.
Rev 4:10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power:
for -->thou hast created all things,
and for thy pleasure they are and were created.<--
---
2Pe_3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward,
-->not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. <--
Blessings Gif.
~~~~~~~~~~
As for the subject of working with abusers and adulterers...
Rom my observation
I have concluded that...
Many men are addicted to the sexual adrenalin high/trip that they
experience, and the power they feel over their victims..
For some ...It is worse than mainlining drugs.
just my opinion
They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil.(Judges 5:30 NAB)
Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be miserable to live a life where the only satisfaction one gets is the tearing down of others.
nope sorry that is not my goal it is to open the minds of brainwashed sinners like you.but I see that once brainwashed always brainwashed and it is true that only a few are called and chosen to understand the name the laws and the scriptures and you are not one of them.and my life is far from being miserable it is wonderful but it was not always. it got better when i quit worshiping a man made god and started worshiping Yahweh and started keeping the laws.
Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Now for some more truth that anyone that supports the roman catholick church is guilty of the churches crimes.just as you did it your selfs.the church is sick with sin and has lied to to the people over and over as for myself I can not wait till the creator destroys the woman the beast.

and most on this thread is here to tickle the ears of the people you can not stand the truth because you would have to turn from your sinful ways.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Why would I write to my Bishop today? DS clearly showed the Church is leading the way and new protocol is in place to ensure that there will never be a cover up again.
2. You cite 1700 yrs of abuse (from none other than anti Catholic former priest Richard Sipe) as a way of blowing up this issue to make it seem far far worse than it is or ever was! I don't understand how you can look at the statistics, and act like this is bigger than anything you ever heard?
Its clear as can be that you WANT it to be big. You WANT this on the front page everyday. You WANT everyone in the world to think of the Catholic Church as a Pedophile ring - even though you know that's ridiculous. You know the truth.
Honestly, you're one of the sickest individuals I ever came across. Its indescribable how ignorant you are. I never thought anyone would use child sexual abuse - which is one of the most evil acts imaginable - as a personal platform cuz you don't believe in God, and want everyone else to not as well.
Unbelievable sick.
You hate anyone not catholic. Its obvious. You don't like Richard Sipe, because he exposed the truth. You don't like the National Catholic reporter, because they say things you don't want them to say, you are mad at the 47,000 nuns in america, you don't support the new priest association AUSCP, you just don't like anyone who doesn't beat to your narrow minded view.

Read the CANON LAWS and PAPAL DOCUMENTS in the website. They are right from the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. Nothing to do personally with Richard Sipe this is CHURCH HISTORY, but the church history you don't want known.

Be mad all you want at me. The truth must be told, and you are the one not telling it. Put your head beside anthony in the sand........

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelievable sick.
Clay says.......2. You cite 1700 yrs of abuse.

Michael says.......Yes!

I told you Clay check out the CANON LAWS LISTED that go right back to Elvira.

Read what this individual says.......a former catholic.

http://colmogorman.com/...

One example..of the papal documents by the roman catholic church in Richard Sipes website...

GOOGLE.....POPE AUGUST 30 1568 CLERGY ABUSE......

Read the many stories that pertain to just this one article, and what was going on in the church 450 years ago.

I bring the truth. I tell the truth. The truth others want hidden.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was insecure in my faith I might spend all my time attacking another faith trying to reconcile the doubts in my mind. Is that a possibility?
Straw man argument.

Insecurity within any "faith", can also show that the faith the individual has something that just doesn't "fit right".

When I decided to leave Catholicism, it wasn't because of any insecurity, I've found enough facts that support the proposition that the religion is a fraudulent attempt to control men and their minds.

So no, you are wrong. I've come on here to show you and others that your faith is veiled in mistakes, errors, and jsut blatant lies.

So, as you can see, your perception is different than mine - which again, has brought us to "Self".

Why don't you believe Jesus?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelievable sick.
You are right Clay it is now too late. Where were you and all catholics 5, 10 years ago when the shite was flying? You want action on anything you put their feet to the fire. Right?

2 1/2 years ago I wrote to the chancellor of the diocese of Philadelphia, displacing my anger to him, at the lies and coverups by the church officials. He responded back and said not to worry everything is fine.

Last year at a trial, the first monsignor in Philadelphia went to prison for lies and coverups. Dozens of priests were charged with sexual abuse..........and the chancellor said everything is fine! UNBELIEVABLE!

The only way to really clean up any mess in any organization is bring in trained independant people, not the very people that were the cause of the problems in the first place. UNBELIEVABLE!
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says.......2. You cite 1700 yrs of abuse.
Michael says.......Yes!
I told you Clay check out the CANON LAWS LISTED that go right back to Elvira.
Read what this individual says.......a former catholic.
http://colmogorman.com/...
One example..of the papal documents by the roman catholic church in Richard Sipes website...
GOOGLE.....POPE AUGUST 30 1568 CLERGY ABUSE......
Read the many stories that pertain to just this one article, and what was going on in the church 450 years ago.
I bring the truth. I tell the truth. The truth others want hidden.
You're blowing this topic up for your personal satisfaction/vendetta. Since it involves the evil of child sexual abuse, you're just as filthy as any guilty priest.
Youth computer needs to be checked by the Canadian authorities.
If it wasn't for me reading and responding to your post..you'd have no one to talk to on here.
And because I took allot of time and energy to give you a proper rebuttal and you just ignored it and kept on with your anti catholic propaganda, makes me sad. All that time wasted.
Well, no more. You'll believe what you want and see what you want.
What happened to catholic mom and Gene you ask?
The same thing that's going to happen to me ..we been dumbed away by a brick walk of ignorance and unbearable bigotry.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw man argument.
Insecurity within any "faith", can also show that the faith the individual has something that just doesn't "fit right".
When I decided to leave Catholicism, it wasn't because of any insecurity, I've found enough facts that support the proposition that the religion is a fraudulent attempt to control men and their minds.
So no, you are wrong. I've come on here to show you and others that your faith is veiled in mistakes, errors, and jsut blatant lies.
So, as you can see, your perception is different than mine - which again, has brought us to "Self".
Why don't you believe Jesus?
Hold on a second. You ALSO were a former Catholic?
How come you all claim to be former Catholics but do not know anything about the faith?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
For the Orthodox the monastics are the front line against the dark forces.ike the soldiers that they are, they abstain from sex, from wealth, etc and fight the battle every day against the passions and against the Deceiver.I can do nothing but admire them and admire anyone who sacrifices for God.They humble me.

I agree with you that those who sacrifice themselves for the sake of the gospel are worthy of admiration. They are to be found in many groups...human organizations that have faults...as even those humble people themselves have shortcomings.(Don't all of US?:)

The issues that we discuss here deal with our many faults. Jesus said that we are the salt of the earth, but if the salt has lost its savor (tastiness, cleansing and medicinal properties) it is good for nothing but to be cast out, and trodden under foot of men. When I was a child, such salt was used for sweeping dust off the floor, or removing starch from the iron that pressed our clothes.

The Vatican is known round the world for its rich store of art, and other treasures. It is offensive to those who don't have enough to eat (not a problem here in America), or to anyone whose heart is touched by their suffering. It's officials wear long robes (Jesus said that they love to wear long robes, and pray publicly) and receive great honor from the world. Jesus said that the world would hate us...and you can see how true that is in our nation today. In other countries Christians are being persecuted and martyred.

The Pope is honored and received as God Himself...

It is difficult to distinguish...but God shows us how. He HATES SIN, but HE LOVES THE SINNER. We need to stand for holiness, and proclaim the gospel. But we also need to stop acting like children, and arguing that "Johnny did it too...he even did worse than I did." I cannot 'forgive' those who sin against God. We cannot say that 'we are no worse than the Baptists, Methodists, Catholics, etc., so we can continue in our sin'.

In other words, "if we confess (and forsake)our sin...He is faithful and just to FORGIVE us our sin, AND to cleanse us from all righteousness."

If a number of ministers in the group with which I associate were to be found guilty of any criminal offense, AND their superiors simply sent them to a new church, and allowed them to continue their offenses, I could not conscientiously remain with that group. Nor could I excuse them.

I do not wish to offend anyone, but we need to become 'salt' for the sake of the gospel. The world is dying for the need of a Savior, and they can only see Jesus in us when we follow Him in truth.

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on a second. You ALSO were a former Catholic?
How come you all claim to be former Catholics but do not know anything about the faith?
I know alot about, what you call "faith". I also know alot about Catholicism.

To me, Catholicism isn't "faith" at all, it is a dictation from one man to another.

True "faith" lies within a person, without any input from another.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

New Age wrote:

"True "faith" lies within a person, without any input from another."

Self.
Loren Eberly

Centerburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Nonunion Workers Right-To-Work Law:

Nonunion workers right to work for fewer wages than they can pay healthcare insurance premium or pay healthcare provider; educate, love, nurse, nurture, discipline, protect, and provide; for every child (job) they conceive; and pay ALL taxes and pay for every product and service they use for life.

This is defiant of USA Labor Law, The Constitution, and demands of Natural Law: what Mother Nature, God, or Whatever Power decreed to be the reality of the real world, democracy, capitalism, the US Constitution, and free, fair, and affordable commerce and common sense demands.

Demanding every Stockholder, corporation, farmer, business, outsourcer sweatshop, and nonprofit, tax-exempt, organization and Church; markets the cost in the wholesale and retail price of his or her product and service; of every worker, consumer, and taxpayer's wages (union contract), healthcare, pension, investment and independent business profit.

This enables every worker, consumer, and taxpayer to pay healthcare insurance premium or pay healthcare provider. Pay ALL taxes and pay for every product and service they use for life. With money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

And enables every parent to educate, love, nurse, nurture, discipline, protect, and provide; for every child (job) they conceive. And fund schools, infrastructure, local and national security, government services, and etc.; with money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

Defying USA Labor Law, the Constitution, and Realities demands is bankrupting USA. Makes free, fair, and affordable commerce IMPOSSIBLE; Makes funding schools IMPOSSIBLE; Makes balancing every budget IMPOSSIBLE; Makes Union workers, consumers, taxpayers, and Americas grandchildren's children life UNAFFORDABLE; and created Ohio’s $1.35 trillion budget deficit, the $40 trillion social security and the $16 trillion national debt. America’s grandchildren’s children are responsible to pay Chinese, Foreign and Domestic Investors and Stockholders interest with this debt until they are 18 years old.

America’s grandchildren’s children cannot afford life and pay this debt with the $7.25 per hour Government mandated labor wage in a hundred million years.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to give you the benfit of the doubt and assume you have a sincere desire to know the history of clerical celibacy and aren't belaboring this just to argue with me. The following is from wiki and it will hopefully meet your standard of an unbiased source;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clerical_celibac... (Catholic_Church)
Sorry Anthony, not interested in chasing down your spam references. I asked you the question for your response. Can't answeer? Just man up and say so.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I'm not uncomfortable in the least. Neither is "wrong". It's a choice.
So to teach that marriage is o.k. for the priesthood for 1000 yrs. and then to reverse that teaching and say that marriage is NOT o.k. for the priesthood are BOTH(though diametrically opposite)BOTH CORRECT? O.K. And you wonder why we think you aare being a little less than honest? Absurd.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 392,681 - 392,700 of512,388
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

626 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
King of the hill! (game) (Feb '12) 1 min andet1987 1,221
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Sheilaa 109,804
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 3 min Bobthegreat 289
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Rosa_Winkel 680,979
Gay Snapchat Names 12 min chadronstateguy 1,378
Why do people not believe in God? (Feb '07) 14 min Some1 Else 24,628
PVP Content in The Elder Scrolls Online 15 min esogold 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 89,630
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr River Tam 596,624