Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,853
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

Chicago, IL

#407655 Dec 7, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
And there it is....the ruse.
"Because their decision making on teachings couldn't have involved their opinion"
- does talking in circles make you feel comfortable?
Really Clay? Is this your stance?
Please cite the citation that shows the Jesus was involved "in Spirit".
You do realize that if this is the case, then Jesus has the ability to "be in Spirit" in anyone at anytime, right?
Thus, for all you know, Jesus is telling me to tell you to use ALL of his teachings and not just the ones he told those individuals in 325 CE. He is telling me that they all got it wrong, and he tried and tried to get them to include, not burn or destroy hos other teachings.
Really?
Back up for a second..
Can Jesus be 'in Spirit' in anyone at anytime?

Of course He can. He is God.

Is He in Spirit with everyone on this thread?

Yes.. To an extent.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#407656 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>
And there it is....the ruse.
"Because their decision making on teachings couldn't have involved their opinion"
- does talking in circles make you feel comfortable?
Really Clay? Is this your stance?
Please cite the citation that shows the Jesus was involved "in Spirit".
You do realize that if this is the case, then Jesus has the ability to "be in Spirit" in anyone at anytime, right?
Thus, for all you know, Jesus is telling me to tell you to use ALL of his teachings and not just the ones he told those individuals in 325 CE. He is telling me that they all got it wrong, and he tried and tried to get them to include, not burn or destroy hos other teachings.
Really?
If Jesus is telling you (in spirit) that all other Christians before us got it all wrong, then Jesus Christ is a fraud. He never was God. He never guided the Apostles and their Disciples to truth. He left some hidden puzzle for future New Agers to uncover!
To me, that belongs in a Dan Brown novel...not reality in Jesus Christ and who He is.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#407657 Dec 7, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I post today that makes me a heretic?

UNBELIEVABLE!
If the "shoe fits"-----wear it!!
BUSTED, and DOUBLE BUSTED!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#407658 Dec 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Back up for a second..
Can Jesus be 'in Spirit' in anyone at anytime?
Of course He can. He is God.
Is He in Spirit with everyone on this thread?
Yes.. To an extent.
Which suggests that anyone can be telling the truth of what they believe to be true.

"Everyone is Right!" @2009 JustWow

Which is actually, get this - Self.

Ta-da - we've arrived again at that being that every Catholic rejects.

Are you a robot?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#407659 Dec 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus is telling you (in spirit) that all other Christians before us got it all wrong, then Jesus Christ is a fraud. He never was God. He never guided the Apostles and their Disciples to truth. He left some hidden puzzle for future New Agers to uncover!
To me, that belongs in a Dan Brown novel...not reality in Jesus Christ and who He is.
Or you can believe in stories from about 1900 years ago that were written by unknown authors,(the earliest manuscripts in human hands are the Codex Vaticanus and Siniaticus, which are only 1500 years old) and by those men who had the first issues scribed.

Or you can believe that the Jesus story is another take on a previous more ancient story of symbolism.

Or you can believe that the Jesus story is like many other cultures and their "redeemed-redeemer".

Or you can be Catholic, and think you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Who really is the one being dishonest about their arrogance?
truth

Perth, Australia

#407660 Dec 7, 2012
yes.my middle son explain that to me..
''teaching''
Exactly as you say.

What a about me?

No deference definition ''family'' or you are Orthodox Catholic or any Christians Muslim Hindu Buddhist..even animals birds fish as well branch of family flora fauna tree..everything have characteristic as well way of living.

Spirit life as well creation is created with reason.

Did we are some?..no.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#407661 Dec 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Herm, glad you're back on board.
I'm more intrigued by the Orthodox faith everyday. I think we had yrs of stereotypes separating us. But that's another Topix thread...
Don't mind Bob, he doesn't represent Catholics very well. The act he's got is unnecessary.
Thanks, Clay.Bob is fun for me. I dont take that seriously.Being here, have learned enough re the Catholic Church to counter any stereotypes an rthodox may have. I also learned how much we stand together on the most important doctrines. I guess that's a start.
truth

Perth, Australia

#407662 Dec 7, 2012
What you can see within me?

What you can see within flower or tree seeds..
So simple..many things within..patterns code deference formula..colors and much more.

People can speak just like that without any explanation where you see just outside
when you declare not worthy..but what you can't see is worthy it is in hide as well secret.

Yes we are deference..yes we don't liked many things from each other..some as well spiritually.
We not looking some or thinking some.

Did you find meaning 0003?
If you do as pro-cent in art..how you will make complete picture with sense that you can see even on map globally.
''two heart''..no think as love..but as symbol as zavit as convent.
''dva sveta srca primite moje srce i ucinite ga svojim pomocnikom a zove se ''zivot i ljubav'' ponizenih i odbacenih.Amen''

Why God find ''life=zivot i ljubav''..where he take that which others simple spit and reject?

How they going be better from some source of life where beginning start?
Clay

Chicago, IL

#407663 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>
Or you can believe in stories from about 1900 years ago that were written by unknown authors,(the earliest manuscripts in human hands are the Codex Vaticanus and Siniaticus, which are only 1500 years old) and by those men who had the first issues scribed.
Or you can believe that the Jesus story is another take on a previous more ancient story of symbolism.
Or you can believe that the Jesus story is like many other cultures and their "redeemed-redeemer".
Or you can be Catholic, and think you are right and everyone else is wrong.
Who really is the one being dishonest about their arrogance?
I'm well aware of all the scenarios out there. It could be this way. It could be that way..
But with Jesus Christ, it can only be one way.
He started a Church. Which is it? He installed a leader (a Pope) what's his name?

NASL,
You mistake the graces you get from Gods love, as the green light to subscribe to a new brand of Christianity. But all Christ is doing is calling you to His Church.
I just drove by a brand new 'store front' church. Another upstart non-catholic church. It looks like a Hispanic congregation. Anyway, I saw a guy, his pregnant wife and toddler aged child walking to their car. Its 930 at night, and I thought it was the most beautiful thing in the world. Those folks are doing the only thing they know. They're worshiping God with the only resources they got (the bible). They trust in their pastor that his interpretations are correct and will lead them to truth. If their Pastor is unaware of the actual truth- then God Bless him for doing the best he can.
But if he knows he's manipulating, deceiving and exaggerating certain things...then God help him, he is in dire straights upon death.
truth

Perth, Australia

#407664 Dec 7, 2012
No deference between Orthodox or Catholic as Christian family..not at all.
Where is deference= ability as spiritual life..we are not some level as you watching.
Entire people meaning of Orthodox or Catholic..its within each person growing within themself.
As Christian in both case they except way of living as Jesus want from them to be.
But we live where many organizations exist which don't liked see just like that.
truth

Perth, Australia

#407665 Dec 7, 2012
oh so horrible clay..Are you going me put in last chair sit in church every day..
noooooooooo clay..not your way looking..why should be.

Spirit is alive force where you can't hide nothing at all..you can be lazy and crazy..depend where you live as well with who and how liked you destroy or except.
Nothing new on this world..no.
Now my mind is still pure even if you become reckless..
Oh..active force is alive Spirit..why we need close self within buildings or sit in last chair.
''Holy Spirit is alive force''
truth

Perth, Australia

#407666 Dec 7, 2012
When Jesus walking trough Earth..please point finger where is that building..he spread word as gospel.
Walking between people talking too.

Now you liked from people as robotic innovation..we are not created like that..movement is some as alive active Spirit.

As Christians we need go out call people.

Buildings..yes as former arena of gladiators today for sport and music.
Prison and plastic life..is deference then connection with mother nature as movement healthy outside as well active movement as you see holy Spirit.
truth

Perth, Australia

#407667 Dec 7, 2012
Why is like that clay?
Real priest going before as mission who send them to be very active between people?

Who?

What they see?
How they act toward others?
How they teach?
Buildings is not necessary to except Jesus Christ teaching..no.

Hand..oh what hands can make as master mind product..did you complain there Clay is that good or not..depend of product where we as human can't control or don't understood words of destruction.

Location hidden

#407668 Dec 7, 2012
truth wrote:
No deference between Orthodox or Catholic as Christian family..not at all.
Where is deference= ability as spiritual life..we are not some level as you watching.
Entire people meaning of Orthodox or Catholic..its within each person growing within themself.
As Christian in both case they except way of living as Jesus want from them to be.
But we live where many organizations exist which don't liked see just like that.
YOU SAID THAT VERY WELL TRUTH
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#407669 Dec 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Herm, glad you're back on board.
I'm more intrigued by the Orthodox faith everyday. I think we had yrs of stereotypes separating us. But that's another Topix thread...
Don't mind Bob, he doesn't represent Catholics very well. The act he's got is unnecessary.
Referring to the Ravenna document and the committee document, Metropolitan Zizioulas added:

We are still studying the first millennium, we have not reached a conclusion yet. But the main and most important thing we have discovered in the discussions is that what we decided in Ravenna seems to be confirmed by the history of the first millennium. In other words in the first millennium there was a recognition of the special role that the Bishop of Rome played in the Church. There was also the fact that the Bishop of Rome did not operate without consultation with other bishops in his own area as well as universal. So we are discovering that in history and this is an important aspect.
Metropolitan Hilarion, on the other hand, expressed displeasure with the committee document because it “carries no clear assertion that the jurisdiction of the Bishop of Rome in the first millennium did not extend to the East,” in the words of the Russian news agency Interfax.

Even though Eastern church leaders would turn to the Pope as an arbiter in theological disputes during the first millennium, said Metropolitan Hilarion, this fact “cannot in any way suggest that the Bishop of Rome was seen in the East as the possessor of supreme authority over the universal Church.”

Referring to tensions with the Russian Orthodox over the committee document, Metropolitan Zizioulas said,“The Church of Russia was absent from Ravenna for reasons that had nothing to do with our dialogue.[They] didn’t leave Ravenna because of the dialogue. What we decided in Ravenna was already prepared by previous meetings in which the Russian Church participated also. Therefore essentially there is no problem … On the whole the basic ideas of Ravenna are accepted by all the Orthodox churches.”

The international commission will meet in two years to discuss the committee document again. The commission will also discuss papal primacy from a theological point of view. In the meantime, both Archbishop Koch and Metropolitan Zizioulas outlined what they see as the steps ahead.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#407671 Dec 7, 2012
who="LTM"
Really?? did she use it for colds and flu's
baked onions sounds like something I would eat.
LOL

Yes, she used them for chest congestion. Wrapped them in some cloth and put it under the shirt.

Sounds yummy.

KayMarie

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#407673 Dec 7, 2012
who="TheBlackSheep"
One would think! Several times in the bible, god made it clear to some very small group, that he existed. Never to a large group and never caught on film. Why?
Why will he not restore a limb?
Christians claim that god will not be tempted, yet many times, in the bible and in other non verifiable places, god did or was tempted and did show himself. Just never where we could verify it.
Urban legends are the same way,yet their are not willing to see it.

A few years ago a group from Tennessee went to Bulgaria on a mission trip.
Most of them were college students. One of them video taped portions of the trip. In one church service a group of them prayed for a blind lady...and she was healed.

Later viewing the tape, they saw the group gathered around the blind lady as they were praying for her. But there was something in the picture that was astounding. Standing in back of the group was a man in a white robe. The interesting part was that He was larger than all of the people there...and no one had seen Him in the church. I saw the video, and had no problem knowing who He was.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#407677 Dec 7, 2012
Sin as Spiritual Sickness

“And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners? When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”- Mk. 2:16-17

Obviously Jesus Christ is not talking about physical illness when he mentions a “physician” and people being “sick,” but rather, when he speaks of “they that are sick” he is speaking of “sinners”. Matt. 9:11-13 and Lk. 5:30-32 echo this passage in Mark.

Another passage that seems to express the Orthodox view is found in the Psalms:“I said, Lord, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.”(Ps. 41:4)

Here are some other passages to consider…
“Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the Lord, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward. Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.“- Is. 1:4-5

“For I am with thee, saith the Lord, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet I will not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished. For thus saith the Lord, Thy bruise is incurable, and thy wound is grievous.”- Jer. 30:11-12 (cf Mic. 1:9)
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#407678 Dec 7, 2012
Question: "Should we give gifts at Christmas?"

Answer: Many people take the idea of gift giving at Christmas back to the scripture in Matthew 2:10-11 which talks about the Magi (wise men) giving gifts to Jesus at his home: "When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh."

The Bible gives a wonderful story about the gift God gave us—Jesus Christ—and we can use it as an opportunity to present the gospel and to show love. Giving and receiving gifts can be part of fulfilling what Paul says about giving in 2 Corinthians 8:7-8, "But just as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us—see that you also excel in this grace of giving. I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others." Paul was talking to the churches who were giving him gifts (financial) so that he could keep on in the ministry. We can apply this same lesson to our own lives by giving to others, not just at Christmas, but year round!

So, can gift giving become the focus of Christmas instead of thanking the Lord for the gift of His Son (John 3:16)? Absolutely! Does giving gifts have to take away from the true meaning of Christmas? No, it does not. If we focus on the wonderful gift of salvation the Lord has given us (Isaiah 9:6), giving to others is a natural expression of that gratitude. The key is our focus. Is your focus on the gift, or on the ultimate gift-giver, our gracious Heavenly Father? "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights..." (James 1:17).
QOTW

Oh yeah with the economy the way it is if anyone wants to send me a gift for Christmas or my Birthday of Gold or Silver contact me and we will set up UPS account or something and I will go pick it up they don't even have to deliver it ........lol

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#407679 Dec 7, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
A few years ago a group from Tennessee went to Bulgaria on a mission trip.
Most of them were college students. One of them video taped portions of the trip. In one church service a group of them prayed for a blind lady...and she was healed.
Later viewing the tape, they saw the group gathered around the blind lady as they were praying for her. But there was something in the picture that was astounding. Standing in back of the group was a man in a white robe. The interesting part was that He was larger than all of the people there...and no one had seen Him in the church. I saw the video, and had no problem knowing who He was.
KayMarie
Where is this video?

Much like UFO's, never NY City. Nope. A tiny little village in Bulgaria. Nice and safe... and unverifiable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min nanoanomaly 773,440
kelly bright 33 min bigbadwolf91869 1
Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 41 min Sniper II 95
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr truth 5,704
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ruby88 53,246
Snow in Chicago! 1 hr andet1987 21
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ2 37,793
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 264,978
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr AN NFL FAN 119,633
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Catcher1 175,509
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr lil whispers 604,737
More from around the web