Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,063
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Clay

Chicago, IL

#407639 Dec 7, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo...since Jesus was available to make these decisions, men chose themselves - over Jesus - to make the decisions.
Gotcha.
Why do you believe men?
Because their decision making on teachings couldn't have involved their opinion, because we're talking about Jesus Christ as being the actual head of it all - in Spirit.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#407640 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>
...and yet, you only believe what men have given you, placing teachings that ae attributed to Jesus into a waste basket.
BTW - Jesus didn't start a church, men did upon what Jesus taught - utilizing all that he taught, not just what the men you believe beleived, but all of his teachings.
Pls remember, it wasn't until 300 yrs and later that men chose on what you are to believe, if you wanted to be a follower.
Please provide a citation to where "God" has stated that any religion, other than Catholicism, is heresy.
<quoted text>
I don't. I believe in what Jesus taught.
I'm sorry you don't.
I don't think you understand...

Ok, you believe the Gospel of Thomas and Jude are written by the Apostles.
Why?
For starters, the quotes from Christ sound nothing like the quotes from Christ in the New Testament canon. And there is no trace of those writings being composed by the Apostles.
If your religion (or whatever) was the true one.. Then Christ would have saw that it prevailed. It would have flourished and been taught as truth.
Anthony MN

United States

#407641 Dec 7, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Do you not understand that it is wrong for man to place requirements on God's servents that God himself did not place. The Pharisees were noted for making laws apart from God. I believe taht you are intelligent enough to understand the concept.
There are no requirements placed on anyone regarding marriage. Any Catholic can be married of they so choose. I am God's servant and I'm married. There is no requirement for me to be a priest in order to serve God in a manner that pleases Him.
truth

Perth, Australia

#407642 Dec 7, 2012
I grow up in tiny place which i simple mist.
My emotion which is much more come out with tears and sadness is just Christmas.
Father mother and child is something which your Creator created as alive cell walking trough Earth.
Church is institution but family is day as Christmas
in us Christians make much more sense fill that love as well meaning of life.

Christmas for me is not Commercial holiday as well never make me happy decoration toward drunker day or similar like that.

I never think about Christmas as necessity that i need have build within myself to become depend as materialistic just sense as real meaning of family.

Family is first moral and holy creation.

Systems and deference organization between us humans are organize to become depend on materialistic base.
Economy and finance are materialistic.. toxic mind.
''Desire to have'' control you as well can destroy you.

We have to much things on this planet where we destroying our healthy life meaning as body as well spiritually too.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#407643 Dec 7, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
Send message to (Topix Username):BobLoblah recent contacts
why dont you stop this foolishness and cursing like you are doing?this is supposedly a religious forum.
I just sent this message to this troll, dont know if he will answer me back or not.
08Dec12.....

.....Got yer message.

There is more love and respect for Jesus Christ in BobLoblah's bowel movement than in your hole (sic) boday tooooooooo.

Ps:.....BobLoblah dinks dat ven it comes toy you 'att'emCowpattie', there's more brains in a bottle of wadda.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#407644 Dec 7, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....The catholic church put the poor butler on trial and threw him in jail, but when it comes to their own leaders who have committed terrible crimes, the arrogant church tries to blame everyone else but themselve. There is no personal accountability for anything in the church.
Catholics say NOTHING! Shame on them!
UNBELIEVABLE!
08Dec12.....

..ListenUP 'sickaelBreath'....

....Vot you know about the Roman Catholic Church wouldn't fill a beanBag.

The Holy Roman Catholic Church is the kindest, most compassionate, and helpful group of people in the WholeWideWorld.

You really need to get outta yer backYard and travel da vorld a liddle bit.

Ps:.....BobLoblah is gonna 'arrange for our Father Merrin to visit your tiny room in the New Year.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#407645 Dec 7, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>08Dec12.....
.....Got yer message.
There is more love and respect for Jesus Christ in BobLoblah's bowel movement than in your hole (sic) boday tooooooooo.
i WULD SURMISE THAT IS WHERE YOR LOVE AND RESPECT WOULD BE SINCE THAT'S WHERE YOUR BRAIN IS

Location hidden

#407647 Dec 7, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>i WULD SURMISE THAT IS WHERE YOR LOVE AND RESPECT WOULD BE SINCE THAT'S WHERE YOUR BRAIN IS
08Dec12.....

.....Be careful when you pick your nose in da future.

Ps:.....You just might have a 'gusher'...as you have schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#407648 Dec 7, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
If you are going to insult me please at least give me the respect of originality.
truth

Perth, Australia

#407649 Dec 7, 2012
Every spirit is not holy.
Many evil spirit as well many try ruin life of others as well destroy family life.Is that blah blah blah explanation.

yes but so visible..

Its very nice know that sort of oppose spirit exist..Is that nice or good?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#407650 Dec 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Because their decision making on teachings couldn't have involved their opinion, because we're talking about Jesus Christ as being the actual head of it all - in Spirit.
And there it is....the ruse.

"Because their decision making on teachings couldn't have involved their opinion"

- does talking in circles make you feel comfortable?

Really Clay? Is this your stance?

Please cite the citation that shows the Jesus was involved "in Spirit".

You do realize that if this is the case, then Jesus has the ability to "be in Spirit" in anyone at anytime, right?

Thus, for all you know, Jesus is telling me to tell you to use ALL of his teachings and not just the ones he told those individuals in 325 CE. He is telling me that they all got it wrong, and he tried and tried to get them to include, not burn or destroy hos other teachings.

Really?

Albuquerque, NM

#407651 Dec 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you understand...
Ok, you believe the Gospel of Thomas and Jude are written by the Apostles.
Why?
For starters, the quotes from Christ sound nothing like the quotes from Christ in the New Testament canon. And there is no trace of those writings being composed by the Apostles.
If your religion (or whatever) was the true one.. Then Christ would have saw that it prevailed. It would have flourished and been taught as truth.
See previous post.

Location hidden

#407652 Dec 7, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
ONLY IF YOU ARE CAREFUL WHEN YOU SCRATCH YOUR BACKSIDE FOR FEAR OF A BRAIN HEMORRTAGE

Albuquerque, NM

#407653 Dec 7, 2012
"Bob" says:
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
..ListenUP 'sickaelBreath'....
....Vot you know about the Roman Catholic Church wouldn't fill a beanBag.
And then he says:
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>The Holy Roman Catholic Church is the kindest, most compassionate, and helpful group of people in the WholeWideWorld.

BobLoblah
The voice of Catholicism? I think not.

A voice to help give followers an understanding of the people associated to Catholicism? I think so.

*watches as would-be followers now turn around and walk the other direction*

Grow-up "Bob".
Clay

Chicago, IL

#407654 Dec 7, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>If you are going to insult me please at least give me the respect of originality.
Hey Herm, glad you're back on board.
I'm more intrigued by the Orthodox faith everyday. I think we had yrs of stereotypes separating us. But that's another Topix thread...

Don't mind Bob, he doesn't represent Catholics very well. The act he's got is unnecessary.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#407655 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>
"Because their decision making on teachings couldn't have involved their opinion"
You do realize that if this is the case, then Jesus has the ability to "be in Spirit" in anyone at anytime, right?
Thus, for all you know, Jesus is telling me to tell you to use ALL of his teachings and not just the ones he told those individuals in 325 CE. He is telling me that they all got it wrong, and he tried and tried to get them to include, not burn or destroy hos other teachings.
Really?
Back up for a second..
Can Jesus be 'in Spirit' in anyone at anytime?

Of course He can. He is God.

Is He in Spirit with everyone on this thread?

Yes.. To an extent.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#407656 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>
Really?
If Jesus is telling you (in spirit) that all other Christians before us got it all wrong, then Jesus Christ is a fraud. He never was God. He never guided the Apostles and their Disciples to truth. He left some hidden puzzle for future New Agers to uncover!
To me, that belongs in a Dan Brown novel...not reality in Jesus Christ and who He is.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#407657 Dec 7, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I post today that makes me a heretic?

UNBELIEVABLE!
If the "shoe fits"-----wear it!!
BUSTED, and DOUBLE BUSTED!!

Albuquerque, NM

#407658 Dec 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Back up for a second..
Can Jesus be 'in Spirit' in anyone at anytime?
Of course He can. He is God.
Is He in Spirit with everyone on this thread?
Yes.. To an extent.
Which suggests that anyone can be telling the truth of what they believe to be true.

"Everyone is Right!" @2009 JustWow

Which is actually, get this - Self.

Ta-da - we've arrived again at that being that every Catholic rejects.

Are you a robot?

Albuquerque, NM

#407659 Dec 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus is telling you (in spirit) that all other Christians before us got it all wrong, then Jesus Christ is a fraud. He never was God. He never guided the Apostles and their Disciples to truth. He left some hidden puzzle for future New Agers to uncover!
To me, that belongs in a Dan Brown novel...not reality in Jesus Christ and who He is.
Or you can believe in stories from about 1900 years ago that were written by unknown authors,(the earliest manuscripts in human hands are the Codex Vaticanus and Siniaticus, which are only 1500 years old) and by those men who had the first issues scribed.

Or you can believe that the Jesus story is another take on a previous more ancient story of symbolism.

Or you can believe that the Jesus story is like many other cultures and their "redeemed-redeemer".

Or you can be Catholic, and think you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Who really is the one being dishonest about their arrogance?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 1 min Swamp Fox 240
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Seentheotherside 609,823
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min RADEKT 270,118
Israel End is Near 15 min Someone 29
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min Freebird USA 817,581
damaged mo 29 min kathleen shaffer 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 40 min Seentheotherside 1,972
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 97,987
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 176,207
More from around the web