Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,400
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#407586 Dec 7, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you I thought it was also, my Mom who was a nurse, use to wrap a raw onion up in an old sock and put it around our throat when we had the flu or a common cold.
Some of these old remedies really work . some people are allergies to sprays to freshen the house I use vinegar. Just place a bowl in a room and the odors are gone with in about half and hour
Sock It To Me......I never heard of that one before......lol.........seeing I have the flu or something going on at the moment should I stick to my Z-Pac or tie a onion around my neck ?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#407587 Dec 7, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you I thought it was also, my Mom who was a nurse, use to wrap a raw onion up in an old sock and put it around our throat when we had the flu or a common cold.
Some of these old remedies really work . some people are allergies to sprays to freshen the house I use vinegar. Just place a bowl in a room and the odors are gone with in about half and hour
LTM good friend

We use a slice of fresh ginger in the room to clean up the air, and also in "old" oil, will take out odors...

I use it slightly burned as a poultice on sprains and swelling for problems with my kneejoints. It really works....
Clay

Chicago, IL

#407588 Dec 7, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Still not taking the blame. Still trying to push the blame off onto others. Fu['king GDamned christians.
I don't think its a case of not taking the blame.
We're dealing with people hell bent on making Catholicism go away.
They are clearly sensationalizing this topic for personal gain. The statistics don't warrant such lopsided devotion to this topic. Obviously its other issues that fuel this devotion.
When Catholics stand up and present evidence that:
1. Its not a fraction of the scandal you make it out to be. Its no more an issue in the Church than any other group of people.
2. The Church has made more strides than any other group to rid this evil in their midst.(no bigot on here would dare acknowledge this)
3. The blame shift as you say is not denying sins of some members of our Church. Its merely pointing out that peoples biased agenda is not because they actually are concerned about victims. Its because they hate us for other reasons not related to the scandal.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#407589 Dec 7, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
SOME OF YOUR PRIEST seem to be unable to grasp the concept of
WHAT being a TRUE SERVANT OF GOD IS.
Our Catholic Priests speak, proclaim and LIVE the Gospel of Jesus Christ each and every day at Daily Mass in faith, in humility, and in charitable LOVE!! You have proven over and over and over again---to anyone and everyone of this forum that serving you "own pride and ego", comes first by using your bible only condemning, judgmental and heretical anti-catholic ministry as a means of keeping that ego of yours inflated!!!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407590 Dec 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're blowing this topic up for your personal satisfaction/vendetta. Since it involves the evil of child sexual abuse, you're just as filthy as any guilty priest.
Youth computer needs to be checked by the Canadian authorities.
If it wasn't for me reading and responding to your post..you'd have no one to talk to on here.
And because I took allot of time and energy to give you a proper rebuttal and you just ignored it and kept on with your anti catholic propaganda, makes me sad. All that time wasted.
Well, no more. You'll believe what you want and see what you want.
What happened to catholic mom and Gene you ask?
The same thing that's going to happen to me ..we been dumbed away by a brick walk of ignorance and unbearable bigotry.
Clay says.......OK! one more response and thats it!

Michael says.......What does Clay do? He responds again.

...FACT: I didn't create this issue. The media didn't create this issue. Your church leaders did, and if people are walking away from your church there is no one to blame but the church leaders themselves........ RIGHT?

For 40 years the nuns have been off track......therefore it must be the nuns fault. Wayward priests, its all their fault, vatican bank money laundering scandal, not our fault!.

When are your church leaders going to fess up, and be truthful and honest and say "ITS OUR FAULT"?.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#407591 Dec 7, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>I am afraid that you have a very flawed view of who is able to wash us from the penalty of sin and remove them as far as the eaxt is from the west. CHRIST'S SACRIFICE was ALL that was needed. He does not need the help of a RCC invention to make us clean and KEEP us clean. I sincerely hope that you come to that level of faith in HIS FINISHED WORK. And are able to place all of your faith in HIM. IT IS FINISHED. The SACRIFICE for our sins has been completed by a spotless LAMB OF GOD. There is NOTHING lacking. There is no more payment for sin. JESUS PAID IT ALL.
4GVN good friend

Thank you for your concern.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#407592 Dec 7, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Anthony, not interested in chasing down your spam references. I asked you the question for your response. Can't answeer? Just man up and say so.
Well, I tried. Thanks anyway.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407593 Dec 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're blowing this topic up for your personal satisfaction/vendetta. Since it involves the evil of child sexual abuse, you're just as filthy as any guilty priest.
Youth computer needs to be checked by the Canadian authorities.
If it wasn't for me reading and responding to your post..you'd have no one to talk to on here.
And because I took allot of time and energy to give you a proper rebuttal and you just ignored it and kept on with your anti catholic propaganda, makes me sad. All that time wasted.
Well, no more. You'll believe what you want and see what you want.
What happened to catholic mom and Gene you ask?
The same thing that's going to happen to me ..we been dumbed away by a brick walk of ignorance and unbearable bigotry.
Clay says........The same thing that's going to happen to me ..we been dumbed away by a brick walk of ignorance and unbearable bigotry.

Michael says........ What! for posting the truth? The canon laws and papal documents on that website are not true?

Sometimes the truth hurts Clay, and you have to put your big boy pants on and put the blame where it really belongs..........on those responsible.

Why would you get mad at me who did nothing wrong, and not show your anger towards those that created these messes in the first place? Why?

makes no common sense!

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#407594 Dec 7, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So to teach that marriage is o.k. for the priesthood for 1000 yrs. and then to reverse that teaching and say that marriage is NOT o.k. for the priesthood are BOTH(though diametrically opposite)BOTH CORRECT? O.K. And you wonder why we think you aare being a little less than honest? Absurd.
Nothing is being infallibly and unchangeably taught. It's a discipline, a small "t" tradition. Neither are wrong. It's not at all like women being priests. That has been "taught", it's been defined as something that cannot happen. If you can't accept that, well, I'm sorry.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#407595 Dec 7, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>If there is no RIGHT position, why did the RCC impose a restriction? And why do they impose on those who believe that they are called of God, when GOD HIMSELF did not make that restriction? Your catholic jig is quite amusing, but it is getting tiresome.
Ok. Sorry for trying. At least you feel comfortable and confident where you're at.
Clay

Minneapolis, MN

#407596 Dec 7, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I know alot about, what you call "faith". I also know alot about Catholicism.
To me, Catholicism isn't "faith" at all, it is a dictation from one man to another.
True "faith" lies within a person, without any input from another.
"To me, Catholicism isn't faith at all, it is dictation from one man to another"

Believe it or not, I can see how someone on the outside looking in, has that impression.
But you NASL, said you used to be in the Church, so I would expect a little more understanding of how we view things.
The main thing is that we believe Christ started an actual Church. A hierarchy; a magisterium. New Testament scripture Is a result of this magisterium's authority when they added 27 books to the Bible in the 4th century.
Given the fact that Christ is God made manifest...and He started a Church... This Church would have to be 100% right on teachings or not at all. Because Christ wasn't a little right here or somewhat right there.. No, he was/is 100% right.

And I can't find the Catholic Church in error on one single doctrine. Its only when folks take a deceptive stance towards the Church that they can 'show' error. ie citing bible verses out of context.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#407597 Dec 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think its a case of not taking the blame.
We're dealing with people hell bent on making Catholicism go away.
They are clearly sensationalizing this topic for personal gain. The statistics don't warrant such lopsided devotion to this topic. Obviously its other issues that fuel this devotion.
When Catholics stand up and present evidence that:
1. Its not a fraction of the scandal you make it out to be. Its no more an issue in the Church than any other group of people.
2. The Church has made more strides than any other group to rid this evil in their midst.(no bigot on here would dare acknowledge this)
3. The blame shift as you say is not denying sins of some members of our Church. Its merely pointing out that peoples biased agenda is not because they actually are concerned about victims. Its because they hate us for other reasons not related to the scandal.
A report of child abuse is made every ten seconds
*More than five children die every day as a result of child abuse.2
Approximately 80% of children that die from abuse are under the age of 4. 1
It is estimated that between 50-60% of child fatalities due to maltreatment are not recorded as such on death certificates. 3
More than 90% of juvenile sexual abuse victims know their perpetrator in some way. 4
Child abuse occurs at every socioeconomic level, across ethnic and cultural lines, within all religions and at all levels of education.
About 30% of abused and neglected children will later abuse their own children, continuing the horrible cycle of abuse. 5
About 80% of 21 year olds that were abused as children met criteria for at least one psychological disorder. 5
The estimated annual cost of child abuse and neglect in the United States for 2008 is $124 billion. 6
http://www.childhelp.org/pages/statistics...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#407598 Dec 7, 2012
who="LTM"

&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&

Mom baked her onions first...

KM
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407599 Dec 7, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I have told you before, Michael----anti-catholic heretics, false teachers, over-zealous exaggerating (gossipers), angry preaching agnostics, and atheists (like you) and others like you, have come and gone for over 2000 years (Protestants for 450+years)---YET---Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church HAS, IS and will CONTINUE to "LIVE ON".
What did I post today that makes me a heretic?

Your just another broken record, of Lets blame everyone else but ourselves.

UNBELIEVABLE!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407600 Dec 7, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
A report of child abuse is made every ten seconds
*More than five children die every day as a result of child abuse.2
Approximately 80% of children that die from abuse are under the age of 4. 1
It is estimated that between 50-60% of child fatalities due to maltreatment are not recorded as such on death certificates. 3
More than 90% of juvenile sexual abuse victims know their perpetrator in some way. 4
Child abuse occurs at every socioeconomic level, across ethnic and cultural lines, within all religions and at all levels of education.
About 30% of abused and neglected children will later abuse their own children, continuing the horrible cycle of abuse. 5
About 80% of 21 year olds that were abused as children met criteria for at least one psychological disorder. 5
The estimated annual cost of child abuse and neglect in the United States for 2008 is $124 billion. 6
http://www.childhelp.org/pages/statistics...
......25 years ago who would have ever believed that your very own church leaders would be the worst offenders for Covering up these disgusting crimes?

......If so many catholic priests have been caught committing these crimes and you claim its a cycle, than I guess a lot of catholic families had abusers in them.

An organization that preaches they are the advocates of morality, haven't got a clue what it means to be moral themselves, when the very bishops lied, deceived and covered up these most terrible crimes from you and all other catholics. The same bishops informing all other priests to also keep quiet. You OK with that?

I guess you are!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407601 Dec 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"To me, Catholicism isn't faith at all, it is dictation from one man to another"
Believe it or not, I can see how someone on the outside looking in, has that impression.
But you NASL, said you used to be in the Church, so I would expect a little more understanding of how we view things.
The main thing is that we believe Christ started an actual Church. A hierarchy; a magisterium. New Testament scripture Is a result of this magisterium's authority when they added 27 books to the Bible in the 4th century.
Given the fact that Christ is God made manifest...and He started a Church... This Church would have to be 100% right on teachings or not at all. Because Christ wasn't a little right here or somewhat right there.. No, he was/is 100% right.
And I can't find the Catholic Church in error on one single doctrine. Its only when folks take a deceptive stance towards the Church that they can 'show' error. ie citing bible verses out of context.
If you weren't born a catholic, you wouldn't be a catholic today.

Indoctrination, cradle catholics, whatever you want to call it! is the main reason people of faith are who they are.

There are exceptions such as HOJO who was dumped by the protestants and later stumbled into catholicism.

FACT: Most catholics, protestants, jews, etc. who leave the faith are those who were indoctrinated from childhood.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407602 Dec 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says........To me, Catholicism isn't faith at all, it is dictation from one man to another.

Michael says......its the same with any religious belief.

Born by chance a catholic, Jesus is your savior.

Born by chance a Jew, no son of God Jesus in your prayers.

Born by chance a Muslim, Allah is who you would worship, and Jesus is dropped down to being a prophet only.

Born a by chance a protestant, No virgin Mary, no purgatory, no canon laws or papal documents.

Everyone one of these groups above each claiming righteousness. Every group claiming "WE ARE RIGHT AND YOU ARE NOT"

You can't understand why educated people today are bailing out of organized religion.

1 in 5 americans today claims no religion. Doubled in just 12 years.

Believe what you want, but there is no clear winner of the truth, if there was everyone would be that religion.

preston

Waverly, OH

#407603 Dec 7, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I post today that makes me a heretic?
Your just another broken record, of Lets blame everyone else but ourselves.
UNBELIEVABLE!
DONT YOU THINK THAT IT IS ABOUT TIME FOR YOU TO SHUT UP AND GROW UP?
you griped about me calling out LTM for her lying but you have drug this dead horse of yours for 3000 miles or so.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407604 Dec 7, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
4GVN good friend
Thank you for your concern.
You are welcome.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407605 Dec 7, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You go and figure it out "for yourself". I'm not playing your (merry-go-round "question and answer" anti-Catholic games! You've have (already) decided on your "pre-determined" bible only (heretically distorted answers)---therefore ---- it has, is, and continues to be a "total waste of my time"!---- Check with Ron Rhodes and James McCarthy and they will tell you (exactly) "what you want to hear!"
Ahhhh. There it is. That silly PARROT routine. By HOHO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name a place that you'd consider paradise on earth 7 min Doctor REALITY 8
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Chris Clearwater 173,936
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min dirty white boy- 741,196
Erik Menendez, America's vilian ??! 27 min Doctor REALITY 2
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min Eagle 12 228,053
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 33 min andet1987 4,516
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 35 min Paulo94 159
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 259,795

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE