Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,531
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

Chicago, IL

#407574 Dec 7, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says.......2. You cite 1700 yrs of abuse.
Michael says.......Yes!
I told you Clay check out the CANON LAWS LISTED that go right back to Elvira.
Read what this individual says.......a former catholic.
http://colmogorman.com/...
One example..of the papal documents by the roman catholic church in Richard Sipes website...
GOOGLE.....POPE AUGUST 30 1568 CLERGY ABUSE......
Read the many stories that pertain to just this one article, and what was going on in the church 450 years ago.
I bring the truth. I tell the truth. The truth others want hidden.
You're blowing this topic up for your personal satisfaction/vendetta. Since it involves the evil of child sexual abuse, you're just as filthy as any guilty priest.
Youth computer needs to be checked by the Canadian authorities.
If it wasn't for me reading and responding to your post..you'd have no one to talk to on here.
And because I took allot of time and energy to give you a proper rebuttal and you just ignored it and kept on with your anti catholic propaganda, makes me sad. All that time wasted.
Well, no more. You'll believe what you want and see what you want.
What happened to catholic mom and Gene you ask?
The same thing that's going to happen to me ..we been dumbed away by a brick walk of ignorance and unbearable bigotry.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#407575 Dec 7, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw man argument.
Insecurity within any "faith", can also show that the faith the individual has something that just doesn't "fit right".
When I decided to leave Catholicism, it wasn't because of any insecurity, I've found enough facts that support the proposition that the religion is a fraudulent attempt to control men and their minds.
So no, you are wrong. I've come on here to show you and others that your faith is veiled in mistakes, errors, and jsut blatant lies.
So, as you can see, your perception is different than mine - which again, has brought us to "Self".
Why don't you believe Jesus?
Hold on a second. You ALSO were a former Catholic?
How come you all claim to be former Catholics but do not know anything about the faith?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#407576 Dec 7, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
For the Orthodox the monastics are the front line against the dark forces.ike the soldiers that they are, they abstain from sex, from wealth, etc and fight the battle every day against the passions and against the Deceiver.I can do nothing but admire them and admire anyone who sacrifices for God.They humble me.

I agree with you that those who sacrifice themselves for the sake of the gospel are worthy of admiration. They are to be found in many groups...human organizations that have faults...as even those humble people themselves have shortcomings.(Don't all of US?:)

The issues that we discuss here deal with our many faults. Jesus said that we are the salt of the earth, but if the salt has lost its savor (tastiness, cleansing and medicinal properties) it is good for nothing but to be cast out, and trodden under foot of men. When I was a child, such salt was used for sweeping dust off the floor, or removing starch from the iron that pressed our clothes.

The Vatican is known round the world for its rich store of art, and other treasures. It is offensive to those who don't have enough to eat (not a problem here in America), or to anyone whose heart is touched by their suffering. It's officials wear long robes (Jesus said that they love to wear long robes, and pray publicly) and receive great honor from the world. Jesus said that the world would hate us...and you can see how true that is in our nation today. In other countries Christians are being persecuted and martyred.

The Pope is honored and received as God Himself...

It is difficult to distinguish...but God shows us how. He HATES SIN, but HE LOVES THE SINNER. We need to stand for holiness, and proclaim the gospel. But we also need to stop acting like children, and arguing that "Johnny did it too...he even did worse than I did." I cannot 'forgive' those who sin against God. We cannot say that 'we are no worse than the Baptists, Methodists, Catholics, etc., so we can continue in our sin'.

In other words, "if we confess (and forsake)our sin...He is faithful and just to FORGIVE us our sin, AND to cleanse us from all righteousness."

If a number of ministers in the group with which I associate were to be found guilty of any criminal offense, AND their superiors simply sent them to a new church, and allowed them to continue their offenses, I could not conscientiously remain with that group. Nor could I excuse them.

I do not wish to offend anyone, but we need to become 'salt' for the sake of the gospel. The world is dying for the need of a Savior, and they can only see Jesus in us when we follow Him in truth.

KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#407577 Dec 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on a second. You ALSO were a former Catholic?
How come you all claim to be former Catholics but do not know anything about the faith?
I know alot about, what you call "faith". I also know alot about Catholicism.

To me, Catholicism isn't "faith" at all, it is a dictation from one man to another.

True "faith" lies within a person, without any input from another.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#407578 Dec 7, 2012
New Age wrote:

"True "faith" lies within a person, without any input from another."

Self.
Loren Eberly

Sunbury, OH

#407579 Dec 7, 2012
Nonunion Workers Right-To-Work Law:

Nonunion workers right to work for fewer wages than they can pay healthcare insurance premium or pay healthcare provider; educate, love, nurse, nurture, discipline, protect, and provide; for every child (job) they conceive; and pay ALL taxes and pay for every product and service they use for life.

This is defiant of USA Labor Law, The Constitution, and demands of Natural Law: what Mother Nature, God, or Whatever Power decreed to be the reality of the real world, democracy, capitalism, the US Constitution, and free, fair, and affordable commerce and common sense demands.

Demanding every Stockholder, corporation, farmer, business, outsourcer sweatshop, and nonprofit, tax-exempt, organization and Church; markets the cost in the wholesale and retail price of his or her product and service; of every worker, consumer, and taxpayer's wages (union contract), healthcare, pension, investment and independent business profit.

This enables every worker, consumer, and taxpayer to pay healthcare insurance premium or pay healthcare provider. Pay ALL taxes and pay for every product and service they use for life. With money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

And enables every parent to educate, love, nurse, nurture, discipline, protect, and provide; for every child (job) they conceive. And fund schools, infrastructure, local and national security, government services, and etc.; with money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

Defying USA Labor Law, the Constitution, and Realities demands is bankrupting USA. Makes free, fair, and affordable commerce IMPOSSIBLE; Makes funding schools IMPOSSIBLE; Makes balancing every budget IMPOSSIBLE; Makes Union workers, consumers, taxpayers, and Americas grandchildren's children life UNAFFORDABLE; and created Ohio’s $1.35 trillion budget deficit, the $40 trillion social security and the $16 trillion national debt. America’s grandchildren’s children are responsible to pay Chinese, Foreign and Domestic Investors and Stockholders interest with this debt until they are 18 years old.

America’s grandchildren’s children cannot afford life and pay this debt with the $7.25 per hour Government mandated labor wage in a hundred million years.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407580 Dec 7, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to give you the benfit of the doubt and assume you have a sincere desire to know the history of clerical celibacy and aren't belaboring this just to argue with me. The following is from wiki and it will hopefully meet your standard of an unbiased source;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clerical_celibac... (Catholic_Church)
Sorry Anthony, not interested in chasing down your spam references. I asked you the question for your response. Can't answeer? Just man up and say so.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407581 Dec 7, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I'm not uncomfortable in the least. Neither is "wrong". It's a choice.
So to teach that marriage is o.k. for the priesthood for 1000 yrs. and then to reverse that teaching and say that marriage is NOT o.k. for the priesthood are BOTH(though diametrically opposite)BOTH CORRECT? O.K. And you wonder why we think you aare being a little less than honest? Absurd.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407582 Dec 7, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I'm not uncomfortable in the least. Neither is "wrong". It's a choice.
If there is no RIGHT position, why did the RCC impose a restriction? And why do they impose on those who believe that they are called of God, when GOD HIMSELF did not make that restriction? Your catholic jig is quite amusing, but it is getting tiresome.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#407583 Dec 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're blowing this topic up for your personal satisfaction/vendetta. Since it involves the evil of child sexual abuse, you're just as filthy as any guilty priest.
If it wasn't for me reading and responding to your post..you'd have no one to talk to on here.
And because I took allot of time and energy to give you a proper rebuttal and you just ignored it and kept on with your anti catholic propaganda, makes me sad. All that time wasted.
The same thing that's going to happen to me ..we been dumbed away by a brick walk of ignorance and unbearable bigotry.
Wow! Still not taking the blame. Still trying to push the blame off onto others. Fu['king GDamned christians.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#407584 Dec 7, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>HOHO you little clown, you claim 2000 yrs of truth. Then how is it that the RCC for 1000 yrs. taught and practised that it was 'ALRIGHT' for thier priests to be married, and then changed thier minds and for the last 1000 yrs. have taught that it is 'NOT ALRIGHT' for thier priests to be married? Which position is biblical. Which position aligns with God's requirements for ministers? Was or is the RCC wrong to make requirements that GOD HIMSELF DID NOT MAKE? BTW, spare me the PARROT routine and just answer the question if you can be honest enough.
You go and figure it out "for yourself". I'm not playing your (merry-go-round "question and answer" anti-Catholic games! You've have (already) decided on your "pre-determined" bible only (heretically distorted answers)---therefore ---- it has, is, and continues to be a "total waste of my time"!---- Check with Ron Rhodes and James McCarthy and they will tell you (exactly) "what you want to hear!"
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#407585 Dec 7, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it up HOJO!
You keep up your "one man band crusade" that gives bogus numbers of PRACTICING baptized catholics, you base your one true church on stories written by men that you haven't got the foggiest personal clue who the actual men were that wrote these stories, you don't know where these stories were written and you don't know the dates these stories were written as you continue with your one man drum beating crusade, another bunch of catholics have left the fold.
Keep believing we don't care, if you check the numbers on this forum you will find there are probably just as man EX-CATHOLICS as there are practicing catholics. Not good is it?
BUSTED!
Like I have told you before, Michael----anti-catholic heretics, false teachers, over-zealous exaggerating (gossipers), angry preaching agnostics, and atheists (like you) and others like you, have come and gone for over 2000 years (Protestants for 450+years)---YET---Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church HAS, IS and will CONTINUE to "LIVE ON".
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#407586 Dec 7, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you I thought it was also, my Mom who was a nurse, use to wrap a raw onion up in an old sock and put it around our throat when we had the flu or a common cold.
Some of these old remedies really work . some people are allergies to sprays to freshen the house I use vinegar. Just place a bowl in a room and the odors are gone with in about half and hour
Sock It To Me......I never heard of that one before......lol.........seeing I have the flu or something going on at the moment should I stick to my Z-Pac or tie a onion around my neck ?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#407587 Dec 7, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you I thought it was also, my Mom who was a nurse, use to wrap a raw onion up in an old sock and put it around our throat when we had the flu or a common cold.
Some of these old remedies really work . some people are allergies to sprays to freshen the house I use vinegar. Just place a bowl in a room and the odors are gone with in about half and hour
LTM good friend

We use a slice of fresh ginger in the room to clean up the air, and also in "old" oil, will take out odors...

I use it slightly burned as a poultice on sprains and swelling for problems with my kneejoints. It really works....
Clay

Chicago, IL

#407588 Dec 7, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Still not taking the blame. Still trying to push the blame off onto others. Fu['king GDamned christians.
I don't think its a case of not taking the blame.
We're dealing with people hell bent on making Catholicism go away.
They are clearly sensationalizing this topic for personal gain. The statistics don't warrant such lopsided devotion to this topic. Obviously its other issues that fuel this devotion.
When Catholics stand up and present evidence that:
1. Its not a fraction of the scandal you make it out to be. Its no more an issue in the Church than any other group of people.
2. The Church has made more strides than any other group to rid this evil in their midst.(no bigot on here would dare acknowledge this)
3. The blame shift as you say is not denying sins of some members of our Church. Its merely pointing out that peoples biased agenda is not because they actually are concerned about victims. Its because they hate us for other reasons not related to the scandal.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#407589 Dec 7, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
SOME OF YOUR PRIEST seem to be unable to grasp the concept of
WHAT being a TRUE SERVANT OF GOD IS.
Our Catholic Priests speak, proclaim and LIVE the Gospel of Jesus Christ each and every day at Daily Mass in faith, in humility, and in charitable LOVE!! You have proven over and over and over again---to anyone and everyone of this forum that serving you "own pride and ego", comes first by using your bible only condemning, judgmental and heretical anti-catholic ministry as a means of keeping that ego of yours inflated!!!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407590 Dec 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says.......OK! one more response and thats it!

Michael says.......What does Clay do? He responds again.

...FACT: I didn't create this issue. The media didn't create this issue. Your church leaders did, and if people are walking away from your church there is no one to blame but the church leaders themselves........ RIGHT?

For 40 years the nuns have been off track......therefore it must be the nuns fault. Wayward priests, its all their fault, vatican bank money laundering scandal, not our fault!.

When are your church leaders going to fess up, and be truthful and honest and say "ITS OUR FAULT"?.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#407591 Dec 7, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>I am afraid that you have a very flawed view of who is able to wash us from the penalty of sin and remove them as far as the eaxt is from the west. CHRIST'S SACRIFICE was ALL that was needed. He does not need the help of a RCC invention to make us clean and KEEP us clean. I sincerely hope that you come to that level of faith in HIS FINISHED WORK. And are able to place all of your faith in HIM. IT IS FINISHED. The SACRIFICE for our sins has been completed by a spotless LAMB OF GOD. There is NOTHING lacking. There is no more payment for sin. JESUS PAID IT ALL.
4GVN good friend

Thank you for your concern.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#407592 Dec 7, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Anthony, not interested in chasing down your spam references. I asked you the question for your response. Can't answeer? Just man up and say so.
Well, I tried. Thanks anyway.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407593 Dec 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says........The same thing that's going to happen to me ..we been dumbed away by a brick walk of ignorance and unbearable bigotry.

Michael says........ What! for posting the truth? The canon laws and papal documents on that website are not true?

Sometimes the truth hurts Clay, and you have to put your big boy pants on and put the blame where it really belongs..........on those responsible.

Why would you get mad at me who did nothing wrong, and not show your anger towards those that created these messes in the first place? Why?

makes no common sense!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Bongo 775,432
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min WildWeirdWillie 175,658
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 29 min Ugly Truth from d... 605,032
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 29 min Anti-Christ 441,777
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 30 min coco the zionist ... 119,661
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 31 min rachel stallings 661
Electrolüx Servis Levent Eksiksiz hizmet 342 OO... 31 min electrofersen 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Aura Mytha 265,158
More from around the web