Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649769 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#407694 Dec 7, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
Question: "Should we give gifts at Christmas?"
Answer: Many people take the idea of gift giving at Christmas back to the scripture in Matthew 2:10-11 which talks about the Magi (wise men) giving gifts to Jesus at his home: "When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh."
The Bible gives a wonderful story about the gift God gave us—Jesus Christ—and we can use it as an opportunity to present the gospel and to show love. Giving and receiving gifts can be part of fulfilling what Paul says about giving in 2 Corinthians 8:7-8, "But just as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us—see that you also excel in this grace of giving. I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others." Paul was talking to the churches who were giving him gifts (financial) so that he could keep on in the ministry. We can apply this same lesson to our own lives by giving to others, not just at Christmas, but year round!
So, can gift giving become the focus of Christmas instead of thanking the Lord for the gift of His Son (John 3:16)? Absolutely! Does giving gifts have to take away from the true meaning of Christmas? No, it does not. If we focus on the wonderful gift of salvation the Lord has given us (Isaiah 9:6), giving to others is a natural expression of that gratitude. The key is our focus. Is your focus on the gift, or on the ultimate gift-giver, our gracious Heavenly Father? "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights..." (James 1:17).
QOTW
Oh yeah with the economy the way it is if anyone wants to send me a gift for Christmas or my Birthday of Gold or Silver contact me and we will set up UPS account or something and I will go pick it up they don't even have to deliver it ........lol
08Dec12.....

.....NO. Full stop.

Ps:.....And Christmas should be spelled as Christmas and NOT as Xmas.

Only schidt-for-brains spell Christmas as Xmas.

....they being hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists.

They should join some Islamist topic and refer to mohammed as Xmed. It wouldn't bee too long before one of those maniacs would be standing at the foot of their bed at 2 o'clock in the morning waving their choppedOff let at them.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#407696 Dec 7, 2012
The Apocrypha contains historical errors. Scholors have long noted that, unlike the canonical scriptures, which have historically been proven to be historically accurate, the Apocrypha contains obvious historical and geographacal errors. For example, Tobit contains historical errors- including the idea that Sennacherib was the son of Shalmaneser (1:15- he is actually the son of Sargon.)
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#407697 Dec 7, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Now this post I can respect. The only thing close to it that I can compare it to is Shakespeare's McBeth.I would love to see Richard Burton recite these wonderful lines.
There are few words that inspire me anymore.Perhaps JFK's Ask what you can do for your country" and your "he schidt down into your skull. HE still allowed you to blink, but you were NOT able to wipe yer arseHole..." How different it could have been if Kennedy could have recited this at his inauguration.
08Dec12.....

....'ol unZippedFlyJFK' couldn't keep his drawers on....much like 'ol unZippedFlyBillClinton'.

Why, Bill's wife Hillary's thighs haven't thawed out since 1997 and Bill spent the remaining years of his pResidency sleeping on 'da couch'. This arseHole LIED to the country, the Supreme Court....and worser of all to his wife and family. His young daughter ran rivers of tears in embarrassment. Both Hillary and her daughter deserved a whole lot better. Eventually, Hillary will tell Bill to get lost.....just as soon as she is in a position ...politicallyCorrect to her.....to do so.

....back to JFK...at the time he was murdered, him and Jackie were speaking about separation and divorce. 50 years later, a whole lotta da Truth has come out. Kennedy was shaggin' everything and anything he could get his hands on. Unfortunately for him, one girl was the girlfriend of Mafia Boss Giancanna....and he took care of Kennedy. Big Time.

..Meanwhile, Jackie fared pretty good. She ended up marrying the Greek tycoon (then the richest man in the WholeWideWorld) and for getting laid every 'other' Tuesday...she got 20 million Bucks.

And may there sorry souls rest in Piece.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Sep 12

Arlington, TX

#407698 Dec 7, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
Question: "Should we give gifts at Christmas?"

Answer: Many people take the idea of gift giving at Christmas back to the scripture in Matthew 2:10-11 which talks about the Magi (wise men) giving gifts to Jesus at his home: "When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh."

The Bible gives a wonderful story about the gift God gave us—Jesus Christ—and we can use it as an opportunity to present the gospel and to show love. Giving and receiving gifts can be part of fulfilling what Paul says about giving in 2 Corinthians 8:7-8, "But just as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us—see that you also excel in this grace of giving. I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others." Paul was talking to the churches who were giving him gifts (financial) so that he could keep on in the ministry. We can apply this same lesson to our own lives by giving to others, not just at Christmas, but year round!

So, can gift giving become the focus of Christmas instead of thanking the Lord for the gift of His Son (John 3:16)? Absolutely! Does giving gifts have to take away from the true meaning of Christmas? No, it does not. If we focus on the wonderful gift of salvation the Lord has given us (Isaiah 9:6), giving to others is a natural expression of that gratitude. The key is our focus. Is your focus on the gift, or on the ultimate gift-giver, our gracious Heavenly Father? "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights..." (James 1:17).
QOTW

Oh yeah with the economy the way it is if anyone wants to send me a gift for Christmas or my Birthday of Gold or Silver contact me and we will set up UPS account or something and I will go pick it up they don't even have to deliver it ........lol
I think gift giving is fun for kids. I don't think God will judge you for giving a gift in love to anyone.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#407699 Dec 7, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>08Dec12.....
.....NO. Full stop.
Ps:.....And Christmas should be spelled as Christmas and NOT as Xmas.
Only schidt-for-brains spell Christmas as Xmas.
....they being hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists.
They should join some Islamist topic and refer to mohammed as Xmed. It wouldn't bee too long before one of those maniacs would be standing at the foot of their bed at 2 o'clock in the morning waving their choppedOff let at them.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Yeah whatever you say PERSY !!!!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#407700 Dec 7, 2012
Subject: Hurrican Sandy - Thanks for all the Foreign Support

stop all non domestic aid of any kind untill the books are all in the black...wake up america
Hurricane Sandy (Hats off to whoever wrote this)
As you know, America is the first country to send aid when other countries are in trouble.

It is highly appropriate that we now send THANKS to all of the countries that reciprocated for
our help with their disasters, misgivings, social turmoil, & poverty by sending to the United
States of America monetary and physical help when Sandy ravaged our East Coast leaving dead,
homelessness, and pure disaster.

Listed below are all the Countries and World Organizations that are giving us gracious assistance.
Please assist in thanking these entities by passing on this email so people all over America can join
in and THANK our neighbors, to whom we have invested BILLIONS!!!!

First on the list is…

1.?
2.?
3.?

Maybe now Americans will realize that charity begins at home. With millions of our people in need and
in poverty, let's save our borrowed money and spend it at home instead of sending it to Egypt, Libya, Pakistan,
etc........Staten Island and parts of New Jersey would gladly thank America if we spent the billions there.....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#407701 Dec 7, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
....'ol unZippedFlyJFK' couldn't keep his drawers on....much like 'ol unZippedFlyBillClinton'.
Why, Bill's wife Hillary's thighs haven't thawed out since 1997 and Bill spent the remaining years of his pResidency sleeping on 'da couch'. This arseHole LIED to the country, the Supreme Court....and worser of all to his wife and family. His young daughter ran rivers of tears in embarrassment. Both Hillary and her daughter deserved a whole lot better. Eventually, Hillary will tell Bill to get lost.....just as soon as she is in a position ...politicallyCorrect to her.....to do so.
....back to JFK...at the time he was murdered, him and Jackie were speaking about separation and divorce. 50 years later, a whole lotta da Truth has come out. Kennedy was shaggin' everything and anything he could get his hands on. Unfortunately for him, one girl was the girlfriend of Mafia Boss Giancanna....and he took care of Kennedy. Big Time.
..Meanwhile, Jackie fared pretty good. She ended up marrying the Greek tycoon (then the richest man in the WholeWideWorld) and for getting laid every 'other' Tuesday...she got 20 million Bucks.
And may there sorry souls rest in Piece.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
(weeps over the sins of our Presidents) I would have been proud to take my place beside you in the Rose Garden to stone these 2 perverts.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#407702 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>i Didnt know that. Very interesting and definitely deserving of more thought and inquiry.
4GVN is in error. The Mark and Matthew quote lots of texts not in the Christian Bible. For example:

Matt. 6:19-20 - Jesus' statement about laying up for yourselves treasure in heaven follows Sirach 29:11 - lay up your treasure.

Matt.. 7:12 - Jesus' golden rule "do unto others" is the converse of Tobit 4:15 - what you hate, do not do to others.

Matt. 7:16,20 - Jesus' statement "you will know them by their fruits" follows Sirach 27:6 - the fruit discloses the cultivation.

Matt. 9:36 - the people were "like sheep without a shepherd" is same as Judith 11:19 - sheep without a shepherd.

Matt. 11:25 - Jesus' description "Lord of heaven and earth" is the same as Tobit 7:18 - Lord of heaven and earth.

Matt. 12:42 - Jesus refers to the wisdom of Solomon which was recorded and made part of the deuterocanonical books.

Matt. 16:18 - Jesus' reference to the "power of death" and "gates of Hades" references Wisdom 16:13.

Matt. 22:25; Mark 12:20; Luke 20:29 - Gospel writers refer to the canonicity of Tobit 3:8 and 7:11 regarding the seven brothers.

Matt. 24:15 - the "desolating sacrilege" Jesus refers to is also taken from 1 Macc. 1:54 and 2 Macc. 8:17.

Matt. 24:16 - let those "flee to the mountains" is taken from 1 Macc. 2:28.

Matt. 27:43 - if He is God's Son, let God deliver him from His adversaries follows Wisdom 2:18.

Mark 4:5,16-17 - Jesus' description of seeds falling on rocky ground and having no root follows Sirach 40:15.

Mark 9:48 - description of hell where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched references Judith 16:17.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#407703 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>i Didnt know that. Very interesting and definitely deserving of more thought and inquiry.
Mark and Matthew also quoted the Gospel of Thomas, often word for word.
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#407704 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>(weeps over the sins of our Presidents) I would have been proud to take my place beside you in the Rose Garden to stone these 2 perverts.
08Dec12.....

.....'Four'....include their wives who knew and did NOT tell because of the effects on the political lives of their schidtFace husbands. Money helped.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#407705 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>(weeps over the sins of our Presidents) I would have been proud to take my place beside you in the Rose Garden to stone these 2 perverts.
08Dec12.....

....and by da vey,'ol JoeKennedy' was worser than da sicko son JFK.

Ps:....da vey he treated Rose, his wife and his 109 kids only confirms that he is roasting in Hell.

....right next to his mistress Olivia de Havilland.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#407706 Dec 8, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
4GVN is in error. The Mark and Matthew quote lots of texts not in the Christian Bible. For example:
Matt. 6:19-20 - Jesus' statement about laying up for yourselves treasure in heaven follows Sirach 29:11 - lay up your treasure.
Matt.. 7:12 - Jesus' golden rule "do unto others" is the converse of Tobit 4:15 - what you hate, do not do to others.
Matt. 7:16,20 - Jesus' statement "you will know them by their fruits" follows Sirach 27:6 - the fruit discloses the cultivation.
Matt. 9:36 - the people were "like sheep without a shepherd" is same as Judith 11:19 - sheep without a shepherd.
Matt. 11:25 - Jesus' description "Lord of heaven and earth" is the same as Tobit 7:18 - Lord of heaven and earth.
Matt. 12:42 - Jesus refers to the wisdom of Solomon which was recorded and made part of the deuterocanonical books.
Matt. 16:18 - Jesus' reference to the "power of death" and "gates of Hades" references Wisdom 16:13.
Matt. 22:25; Mark 12:20; Luke 20:29 - Gospel writers refer to the canonicity of Tobit 3:8 and 7:11 regarding the seven brothers.
Matt. 24:15 - the "desolating sacrilege" Jesus refers to is also taken from 1 Macc. 1:54 and 2 Macc. 8:17.
Matt. 27:43 - if He is God's Son, let God deliver him from His adversaries follows Wisdom 2:18.
Mark 4:5,16-17 - Jesus' description of seeds falling on rocky ground and having no root follows Sirach 40:15.
Mark 9:48 - description of hell where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched references Judith 16:17.
Finding passages which contain similar wording is NOT QUOTING. There are many similar phrases in the book of Mormon, But that does not indicate that the apostles quoted from them.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#407707 Dec 8, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Finding passages which contain similar wording is NOT QUOTING. There are many similar phrases in the book of Mormon, But that does not indicate that the apostles quoted from them.
Wow! You are really brainwashed.

The ones I cited are recognized by most theologians, biblical scholars and even several early church leaders.

Too bad most Chrisitians don't know anything more than the lies their masters tell them.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#407708 Dec 8, 2012
Not really, all of the protestant objections have been covered in detail in here and by Apologists. The usual are quotes dont match word for word, this book wasnt quoted from by the Apostles but then again all they accept weren't either. So they need to start throwing more books out by that logic. Then there is a historical error, there is witchcraft, blah blah blah. All of it can be dissected down to the minute detail which is often done against atheists who use the same type of arguments with the books they accept. A google search will reveal very quicky Rabbis who accuse Paul of changing or leaving out verses to justify his doctrines. There are also those who claim they are Christian who reject all of Pauls writings as uninspired preaching his own religion.

http://catholiceducation.org/articles/apologe... 5 myths on 7 books.

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-old-testam...

The reason the deuterocanonical books aren’t in his bible is because Martin Luther threw them out. If the Jews rejected them which some did at the council in Jamnia in 90AD primarily because Christians were using them to bolster Jesus. They were in the Septuigant which Jesus and the Apostles used, but we dont see them objecting. Furthermore the Ethiopian Jews do have all the books today.

There are no councils which the stamp of approval the protestants deemed fit 1500 years later. Well Luthers bible was missing 4 more books for 200 years that Protestants deemed worthy. The Council of Rome in 382 under Pope Damasus included the 73 books we honor today. This canon was repeated at Hippo and Carthage (A.D.393 and 397)

Since Luther snidely wrote to the Pope paraphrased closely. "Why do you stare at the phrase faith alone like a cow stares at a gate? I know full well the word alone is not there, but it shall be so, because I Martin Luther will have it so. Pretty arrogant. In his bible he did add the word alone. However the only place where alone appears in conjunction with faith is when James says, "NOT by faith alone." Since paul used the word alone elsewhere not in relation to faith I see no reason why he would not have said it. He could not fit James and the other books into his new doctrines so he set out to discredit them.

Even accepting the books they do is an admission they accept the authority of the Catholic Church on which books were valid.

http://www.cin.org/users/james/files/deuteros...

Location hidden

#407709 Dec 8, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Very helpful. Saved me a lot of time. Great to see you again. Thanks again. Will file this away.

Location hidden

#407710 Dec 8, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, all of the protestant objections have been covered in detail in here and by Apologists. The usual are quotes dont match word for word, this book wasnt quoted from by the Apostles but then again all they accept weren't either. So they need to start throwing more books out by that logic. Then there is a historical error, there is witchcraft, blah blah blah. All of it can be dissected down to the minute detail which is often done against atheists who use the same type of arguments with the books they accept. A google search will reveal very quicky Rabbis who accuse Paul of changing or leaving out verses to justify his doctrines. There are also those who claim they are Christian who reject all of Pauls writings as uninspired preaching his own religion.
http://catholiceducation.org/articles/apologe... 5 myths on 7 books.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-old-testam...
The reason the deuterocanonical books aren’t in his bible is because Martin Luther threw them out. If the Jews rejected them which some did at the council in Jamnia in 90AD primarily because Christians were using them to bolster Jesus. They were in the Septuigant which Jesus and the Apostles used, but we dont see them objecting. Furthermore the Ethiopian Jews do have all the books today.
There are no councils which the stamp of approval the protestants deemed fit 1500 years later. Well Luthers bible was missing 4 more books for 200 years that Protestants deemed worthy. The Council of Rome in 382 under Pope Damasus included the 73 books we honor today. This canon was repeated at Hippo and Carthage (A.D.393 and 397)
Since Luther snidely wrote to the Pope paraphrased closely. "Why do you stare at the phrase faith alone like a cow stares at a gate? I know full well the word alone is not there, but it shall be so, because I Martin Luther will have it so. Pretty arrogant. In his bible he did add the word alone. However the only place where alone appears in conjunction with faith is when James says, "NOT by faith alone." Since paul used the word alone elsewhere not in relation to faith I see no reason why he would not have said it. He could not fit James and the other books into his new doctrines so he set out to discredit them.
Even accepting the books they do is an admission they accept the authority of the Catholic Church on which books were valid.
http://www.cin.org/users/james/files/deuteros...
I appreciate your bringing me up to par with this. I was completely in the dark about the issue. Also the Luther-Pope exchange is amazing.Great info re something I knew nothing about Thanks.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#407711 Dec 8, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....BobLoblah speaks to ALL you 'wannabee' Christians in da only language dat you unnastand.
You are a schidt-for-brains.
Ps:.....and den sum tooooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
~~~

SPEAKING OF FOREVER AND EVER,

HELL IS FOREVER AND EVER...AND ALL GATES SWING INWARDLY..

Rev_20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Rev_20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

#407713 Dec 8, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="TheBlackSheep"
One would think! Several times in the bible, god made it clear to some very small group, that he existed. Never to a large group and never caught on film. Why?
Why will he not restore a limb?
Christians claim that god will not be tempted, yet many times, in the bible and in other non verifiable places, god did or was tempted and did show himself. Just never where we could verify it.
Urban legends are the same way,yet their are not willing to see it.
A few years ago a group from Tennessee went to Bulgaria on a mission trip.
Most of them were college students. One of them video taped portions of the trip. In one church service a group of them prayed for a blind lady...and she was healed.
Later viewing the tape, they saw the group gathered around the blind lady as they were praying for her. But there was something in the picture that was astounding. Standing in back of the group was a man in a white robe. The interesting part was that He was larger than all of the people there...and no one had seen Him in the church. I saw the video, and had no problem knowing who He was.
KayMarie
~~~

I also saw the video....

If it had been a Catholic gathering ..they would have made a shrine

of the place where Christ appeared..and the picture broadcasted over the earth..

But To those that have the tape it is/was only visual conformation of the words of Jesus,

He said...

Mat_28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo,

==>I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. <==

Jesus also said,

Mat_18:20 For where two or three are gathered together

in my name,

there am I

in the midst of them.

#407714 Dec 8, 2012
The following verses help to clarify God's handling of our uneven ways. Iniquity is uneven ways; we sin in our pouty ways, we treat some people better than others. God says that He hates an uneven (unfair) scale, that weighs out a good measure to a favored one, but a skimpy measure to others. It is not as terrible as murder, but is offensive to God, nevertheless.

We all 'fall short of the glory of God', often we are unaware of how iniquitous (uneven) are our ways. God in mercy 'remembers that we are flesh', and if our hope is in Him, He does not count those 'sins of ignorance' against us. As with Abraham, He counts our faith in Him for righteousness, and does not impute that 'sin' against us.

This is not to say that He does not see our 'ways', nor to say that He does not care. Nor does it say that we should carelessly 'overlook' such ways in ourselves, but that He continuously leads us in ways of righteousness AS WE TRUST IN HIM.

Psa 130:3 If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities (uneven, unfair ways), O Lord, who shall stand?
Psa 130:4 But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

If our heart trusts in Him, He will continue to cleanse us from all sin.

KayMarie

#407715 Dec 8, 2012
who="Christy Swanson" I am Catholic.
Being Catholic is difficult, but I believe in forgiveness.

Why do you feel that it is difficult? Just curious.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr It aint necessari... 55,916
Massage for ladies in Muscat 2 hr Ziyad 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr River Tam 972,382
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 4 hr Steve III 427
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 4 hr Steve III 70
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 5 hr Johnny 39
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 5 hr Al Capone 2,292
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web