Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,438
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Fun Facts

Lake, MI

#407348 Dec 6, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but you said they choose not to repent of future sins, do we agree then that that is impossible, with the Holy Spirit guiding the person to not be lead to repentance?
you may have overlooked...

http://bible.cc/hebrews/6-6.htm

Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#407350 Dec 6, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM. says.......
...In the United States, about 50% of men arrested for pedophilia are married.
Michael says....
...Up until just a few years ago, 100% of the Bishops who knew of priests committing sexual crimes, LIED, DECEIVED, and COVERED up these most heinous sins, from "YOU" and all other catholics.
You OK with that?
So what?

100% of the RCC Bishops responded to abuse claims the same way.

That was just an amazing coincidence ...... or PROOF that RCC Bishops worldwide (e.g. Apostolic Successors) were led by the Holy Spirit/Jesus/God the Father ....... and that's it, because we are told the Popes in Rome knew nothing.

The odds of a coincidence is too great.

Thus, the Holy Spirit obviously is behind the largest child-sex-abuse COVER-UP in world history.

There is one other possibility.

It is possible that these folks are not guided -- "perfectly" or otherwise -- in matters of morals by any Holy Spirit/Jesus/God.

That certainly seems to be a possibility in light of WORLDWIDE EVENTS and REVELATIONS.

PS - Jesus says that being "no worse than the Southern Baptist" is no defense.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407351 Dec 6, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they have a choice. They can CHOOSE to be married or they can CHOOSE to be a priest.
"Should we go beond what Christ required?"
Jesus (and St. Paul for that matter) clearly said that it is better, for the kingdom of heaven, for those who can handle it, to be unmarried.
"And would there have been all of the pedifilia in the church if this requirement had not been mandated?"
That's a low blow. The vast majority of guilty priests were homosexuals who preyed on post-pubescent adolescents.
"Did the mandate produce a blessing or a curse?"
A blessing without question. Absolutely. The Church's history is filled with Godly, blessed, holy, loving, caring, life sacrifying saints who were almost ALL celibate. They did it for the Kingdom of Heaven.
How many protestant pastors do you know that would give up sex in order to completely dedicate their lives to God?
You did not address the fact that Christ nor any of the apostles 'mandated' such a requirement. In fact the RCC didn't do so for the first thousand yrs. So were they right for the first thousand, or were they wrong? No one has a right to make requirements for the man of God(pastors, or any other) that God himself did not require. That falls into the area of adding to or takeing away from what is written. How can man place a requirement on GOD"S servent, when GOD Himself did not do so. It is wrong.
And the cold hard fact is that the requirement created a hideout for homosexuals who somehow appeared normal in thier non-married roles.
You say a blessing 'without question'. Hundreds of thousands of children and thier families who have been devastateded by the sexual abuse would surely disagree with you. So there is a verry real 'question'.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407353 Dec 6, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they have a choice. They can CHOOSE to be married or they can CHOOSE to be a priest.
"Should we go beond what Christ required?"
Jesus (and St. Paul for that matter) clearly said that it is better, for the kingdom of heaven, for those who can handle it, to be unmarried.
"And would there have been all of the pedifilia in the church if this requirement had not been mandated?"
That's a low blow. The vast majority of guilty priests were homosexuals who preyed on post-pubescent adolescents.
"Did the mandate produce a blessing or a curse?"
A blessing without question. Absolutely. The Church's history is filled with Godly, blessed, holy, loving, caring, life sacrifying saints who were almost ALL celibate. They did it for the Kingdom of Heaven.
How many protestant pastors do you know that would give up sex in order to completely dedicate their lives to God?
The passages that you are referring to by Paul were for a specific time, because the church was under such great persecution. Paul spells this out in his writings in the context of those verses.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407354 Dec 6, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I always read your articles, all of them, no matter how long and tedious. I don't think they're a waste of time because I sincerely want to know what you're taught. I wish you felt the same way.
Really, I thought you thought of me as a 'clown'.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#407355 Dec 6, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I always read your articles, all of them, no matter how long and tedious. I don't think they're a waste of time because I sincerely want to know what you're taught. I wish you felt the same way.
A good summation. Just put 4bdn for Engwer.

http://www.catholicintl.com/index.php/protest...
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#407356 Dec 6, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Put "ALL" guilty, sexual predators, married or single in prison, including all! those that protected, and covered up for any predators........AGREED?
You cannot put all RCC Apostolic Successors in jail.

Who would give us perfect teachings on morals?

Who would keep an eye on the nuns?
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#407357 Dec 6, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Put "ALL" guilty, sexual predators, married or single in prison, including all! those that protected, and covered up for any predators........AGREED?
OK, put all RCC Bishops in jail, but with a liberal work-release program. Or perhaps house arrest.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#407358 Dec 6, 2012
Pad wrote:
Free Mind :Tapestry of the Christian Religion.
For all who cannot imagine a Living organism of faith in Christ which is His and His alone,than in another aspect we can see that all the affiliations of Christian endeavor are really ONE in Him and used by Him for His glory.
If we look at the opposite side of a beautiful tapestry,it is many bulges and confusing jabs of material,zig zags and not at all visibly comprehendable.BUT when you turn it over to the right side,you see a beautiful picture of something that keeps your eyes fasted to its message to continuity and truth.
Our faith in Christ from the first century after the Death and resurrection of our Lord till now,has been assailed by every negative and destructive force known to human kind.
We have in our history intense persecution,and self destruction as well,especially in the Reformation years.
But now we have countless affiliations and denominations,and so called churches. If the truth be known we all praise and serve the same JESUS Christ,Messiah of us all.On the flip side of the Tapestry of our Christian titles,is the confusing sig sags and bulges that distort us and make us seem as divided and non related in the least.
But when we flip over to the right side,where there is truly a picture that is comprehended,is Christ with many people of all different backgrounds,ethnicities,races, and occupations,ages all represented.All clergy dressed in their particular garb for service to Christ,and Jesus is holding His Word,the symbols of our faith surround HIM at the Altar.
The Father is in the backgound,and the Dove with the radiance of the Holy Spirit is above the Head of the Lord Jesus.There is no confusion in HIS Face,the Lord Jesus knows all those who are present are His.Many have come through great affliction,and many by faith,but ALL came through the BLOOD.
I cannot hate any group or affiliation in Christ,because they all serve Him,and praise Him and lead others to Him.In the young faces of the youth of all affiliations there is a hunger and a desire to know the Living God,and we must encourage them as they are the C h u r c h of the future.
Recently I went through a concordance and looked up every verse on the C h u r c h,in the New Testament.It is the living organism of the Body of Christ in believers.Our common element is faith in Christ,we all came by the same Body,His Body,and we all were cleansed by the same B l o o d<His.
"NOW to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine,according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the CHURCH and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever! Amen."
Ephesians 3:20-21.
"Keep watch over yourselves, and over the whole flock the Holy Spirit has given to you to guard. Shepherd the CHURCH of God, which he has acquired at the price of His own B l o o d." Acts 20:28.
Wonderful post. One of the most eloquent here I have read. Thanks.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#407359 Dec 6, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
A cult is a religion with no political power.
Faith is faith -- there are no "legitimate arguments" either for or against. That is why it is called faith and not fact.
However, if you start arguing a faith as fact, then there are no legitimate arguments for it and plenty against.
Free Mind, I agree with you.We need to be clear on our basis for belief.As long as we do that, we reduce our vulnerabilities to attack. There is nothing wrong with faith.It is no less of value than the other more wholesome" means of belief.This would include philosophy, which has no means of speaking of the spiritual dimension.

In addition, the Orthodox believe in apophatic philosophy. This means it is difficult to make positive or definitive statements about God because He surpasses the ability of our concepts and language to define him. Apophatic philosophy describe what God is not.

Lastly,being a firm advocate of philosophy, logic, history, etc.,I have no shame whatsoever declaring that Christ lived, lives and is my saviour.I am not in the least doubt hampered by academic onslaught. I believe based on faith.I would add that I know God somewhat through experience. Again, this can not be defined or proven in traditional ways.

I concur that history for prove of Christ is weak. There is some there but it is by no means sufficient to meet firm standards.

So I cakll it as it is. Faith.nd say so not meekly but with confidence. Christ is Lord.

So being a student of philosophy, I know its limits and declare unequivacobly that I believe in Christ based on faith.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#407360 Dec 6, 2012
4GVN wrote:
Robert F, I asked you very specific questions.
I asked you,
'How many of your sins did Jesus die for?"
You didn't answer.
I asked you,
How many did He take upon Himself and carry to the cross?
You didn't answer.
I asked you'
Was Jesus' payment enough?
You didn't answer.
I asked you,
Is there more to be paid?
You didn't answer.
I asked you,
Can we in any way add to the sacrificial payment that Jesus made?
You didn't answer.
And I asked you,
And what did Jesus mean when He stated that "IT IS FINISHED?"
And YOU DIDN"Y ANSWER.
If you want an honest dialog, please answer these questions.
4GVN good friend

I will be brief:

You ask:

'How many of your sins did Jesus die for?"
Answer: All of them.

"How many did He take upon Himself and carry to the cross?"
Answer: None of them. Isaiah 53:5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was on him; and with his stripes we are healed.") It is his sacrifice to death that is the payment for my wages of sin, which is death. So that in his resurrection, I might live.

"Was Jesus' payment enough?"
Answer: Enough for what? My salvation? Yes.

"Is there more to be paid?"
Answer: For what? Salvation? No.

"Can we in any way add to the sacrificial payment that Jesus made?"
Answer: I cannot add to God. It doesn't make sense. I can only return His Love.

"And what did Jesus mean when He stated that "IT IS FINISHED?"
In short he made peace between God and humanity.

After looking at your questions, it seems you are trying to get straight what God as Judge requires. It means you are seeking from me repentence, as John the Baptist, cried in the wilderness. This is a good thing. I applaud your questions.

(Yes God is The Judge, but His Love is even greater. For God is Love.)

And there is little about a personal relationship with Jesus. His amazing sacrifice, has a startling, and bright hope for each and every person. It is blinding to the natural man's mind. So we think in terms of what we consider justice.

Location hidden

#407361 Dec 6, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure we all are guilty of not practicing what we preach unfortunetly.
7th Day

Of course we are guilty. And that is the point. It is in our nature as human beings, even born again, that we fall into sin. Why? Because by our nature we cannot do the law.

Thus the 10 Commandments are moral sign posts for us to observe, and when we go outside of them, we turn to God in his Mercy, having been already been born again, and with penance and contriteness of heart ask forgiveness, and accept go/forward in serving God.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#407362 Dec 6, 2012
A real example of the story as it has been circulated:
THE TABLECLOTH
The brand new pastor and his wife, newly assigned to their first ministry, to reopen a church in suburban Brooklyn, arrived in early October excited about their opportunities.
When they saw their church, it was very run down and needed much work. They set a goal to have everything done in time to have their first service on Christmas Eve. They worked hard, repairing pews, plastering walls, painting, etc. and on Dec 18 were ahead of schedule and just about finished. On Dec 19 a terrible tempest - a driving rainstorm - hit the area and lasted for two days. On the 21st, the pastor went over to the church. His heart sank when he saw that the roof had leaked, causing a large area of plaster about 20 feet by 8 feet to fall off the front wall of the sanctuary just behind the pulpit, beginning about head high. The pastor cleaned up the mess on the floor, and not knowing what else to do but postpone the Christmas Eve service, headed home.
On the way he noticed that a local business was having a flea market type sale for charity so he stopped in. One of the items was a beautiful, handmade, ivory colored, crocheted tablecloth with exquisite work, fine colors and a Cross embroidered right in the center. It was just the right size to cover up the hole in the front wall. He bought it and headed back to the church. By this time it had started to snow. An older woman running from the opposite direction was trying to catch the bus. She missed it. The pastor invited her to wait in the warm church for the next bus 45 minutes later. She sat in a pew and paid no attention to the pastor while he got a ladder, hangers, etc., to put up the tablecloth as a wall tapestry.
The pastor could hardly believe how beautiful it looked and it covered up the entire problem area. Then he noticed the woman walking down the center aisle. Her face was like a sheet. "Pastor," she asked, "where did you get that tablecloth?" The pastor explained. The woman asked him to check the lower right corner to see if the initials, EBG were crocheted into it there. They were. These were the initials of the woman, and she had made this tablecloth 35 years before, in Austria. The woman could hardly believe it as the pastor told how he had just gotten the Tablecloth. The woman explained that before the war she and her husband were well-to-do people in Austria. When the Nazis came, she was forced to leave. Her husband was going to follow her the next week. She was captured, sent to prison and never saw her husband or her home again. The pastor wanted to give her the tablecloth; but she made the pastor keep it for the church.
The pastor insisted on driving her home, that was the least he could do. She lived on the other side of Staten Island and was only in Brooklyn for the day for a housecleaning job. What a wonderful service they had on Christmas Eve. The church was almost full. The music and the spirit were great. At the end of the service, the pastor and his wife greeted everyone
at the door and many said that they would return. One older man, whom the pastor recognized from the neighborhood, continued to sit in one of the pews and stare, and the pastor wondered why he wasnít leaving. The man asked him where he got the tablecloth on the front wall because it was identical to one that his wife had made years ago when they lived in Austria before the war and how could there be two tablecloths so much alike?
CONT
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#407363 Dec 6, 2012
CONT
THE TABLECLOTHE
He told the pastor how the Nazis came, how he forced his wife to flee for her safety, and he was supposed to follow her, but he was arrested and put in a prison. He never saw his wife or his home again all the 35
years in between. The pastor asked him if he would allow him to take him for a little ride. They drove to Staten Island and to the same house where the pastor had taken the woman three days earlier. He helped the man climb the three flights of stairs to the womanís apartment, knocked on the door and he saw the greatest Christmas reunion he could ever imagine.
True Story - submitted by Pastor Rob Reid Who says God does not work in mysterious ways.

Location hidden

#407364 Dec 6, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay"
Please explain this:
All data shows the sex abuse scandal that the Catholic Church has endured is NO MORE rampant in the Pentecostals then the CC...
Its no more a problem in the Baptist then the Presbyterian. This is irrefutable evidence.
So my question to you is, why are you even telling me "God needs to wake me up".
Don't you comprehend that if I leave the Catholic Church cuz of the pedophile thing, and I join the Pentecostals... I still got the same issue?
Wake up Kay. Don't ignore these truths.
So I ask again, save me from Catholicism, WITHOUT using deception.
Clay, I trust that you are being serious about this. I don't believe in deception; if I cannot tell you the truth, I WILL NOT lie to you.
I am convinced that this "others do it, too" propaganda is just that: Propaganda. Yes, there are Protestants that have done sick things...but it is just false to say that the offense is rampant in Protestant churches. I've known a few of these incidents (very few), and in those cases, the offenders were not exactly 'devoted' Christians. In no case has any Protestant leader had to produce millions of dollars to calm down the resulting 'fuss' of multiple offenses. In many cases, the guilty party has gone to jail.
The CC problem is largely due to the fact that millions of hopeful youth have gone into that 'ministry', with a real desire to do good. BUT they have been confined to a style that denies their inner command to "be fruitful, and multiply." In defense of that situation, CC's tell me that "no one forces them to enter the ministry, and they agree to celibacy as part of that."
NO young person who has ever been involved sexually would/could sincerely swear that he/she would forever be celibate...except the rare one who is physically or mentally prepared for it. And Jesus said that those were few. To attempt it on a wholesale fashion is to plan for failure...and ask a youth to vow to do something nearly impossible.
Protestants do not require such a vow. Most are married. The few who do offend are those whose relationship ability is impaired. They feel neglected, and look for some fulfillment.(STILL WRONG) "IF we walk in the Light, as He is in the light, WE HAVE FELLOWSHIP with another..."
In every case, the 'cure' is to teach children (by word AND example) to "love one another". A mature individual need not be feared by anyone.
KayMarie
KayMarie good friend

I can accept your viewpoint. But it is not informed....A priest is not a minister. A priest is married to the Church, and his flock(children) is his family here on earth....So having so many to take care of he cannot be like a Protestant minister/preacher.
Live Action

Shawnee, OK

#407365 Dec 6, 2012
Keep the Law.Do not believe in the lie that they were nailed to the cross.with out the law we live in a sin sick world.Truth!!!!!!
The R.C.C. Is the beast lead by satan.
the united states is a hand of the church lead by satan.
Satan is a woman ....
Their are lots of gods but the creator is not a god man changed his name and made him a god....
To me god worship should be destroyed.you sheeple can wright read but can not comprehend .a concordance.Like I said it is much easier to sin than to change much easier to look over the truth than to turn from your sin.

everyone on here say's his word his words are his laws.

Yahweh is not a god...all you have to do is prove this wrong.

Location hidden

#407366 Dec 6, 2012
LTM wrote:
cont ABOUT ONIONS
It's already contaminated enough just by being cut open and out for a bit, that it can be a danger to you (and doubly watch out for those onions you put in your hotdogs at the baseball park!). Ed says if you take the leftover onion and cook it like crazy you'll probably be okay, but if you slice that leftover onion and put on your sandwich, you're asking for trouble. Both the onions and the moist potato in a potato salad, will attract and grow bacteria faster than any commercial mayonnaise will even begin to break down.
Also, dogs should never eat onions. Their stomachs cannot metabolize onions.
Please remember it is dangerous to cut an onion and try to use it to cook the next day, it becomes highly poisonous for even a single night and creates toxic bacteria which may cause adverse stomach infections because of excess bile secretions and even food poisoning.
Please pass this on to all you love and care about.
LTM

Very interesting article....

Location hidden

#407367 Dec 6, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
What I am most happy about is that you have been led back to God. You are chosen and hopefully you can help others grow with you. How often do we see those in the bible who had moments of deep doubt and darkness in both the OT and New. Mother Teresa relates well to what you say here. May you receive blessings beyond your trials.
Dust Storm
Peace

Blessing on you....

Location hidden

#407368 Dec 6, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?!? You really think that I liked it? Murdering a girl because she lost their virginity? Are you nuts?
Why only the girls? Men are in control, so they can screw around as much as they want, but women can't? That's not f'ed up at all!
<quoted text>
Murder is murder, is it not? Murdering a 16yo girl, not the boys, just the girls, for having sex before marriage is just as evil and any other excuse to murder.
TBS

I really didn't think you liked it....In point, I doubt very much that there is anything in the Bible you like....

But where you said it facetiously, I replied with concern for justice....And as I wrote, in Deut 22 there are a lot of offences in rape and adultery that requires death as the sentence(men and women).

But as you prefer, murdering babies in the womb is preferable in massive numbers....Imagine how many fewer murders there would be if rape and adultery were punishable by death?

Well, you may get Sharia Law....At least Christians and Jews might live with them. But for others....well it doesn't look so good....
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#407369 Dec 6, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Free Mind, I agree with you.We need to be clear on our basis for belief.As long as we do that, we reduce our vulnerabilities to attack. There is nothing wrong with faith.It is no less of value than the other more wholesome" means of belief.This would include philosophy, which has no means of speaking of the spiritual dimension.
In addition, the Orthodox believe in apophatic philosophy. This means it is difficult to make positive or definitive statements about God because He surpasses the ability of our concepts and language to define him. Apophatic philosophy describe what God is not.
Lastly,being a firm advocate of philosophy, logic, history, etc.,I have no shame whatsoever declaring that Christ lived, lives and is my saviour.I am not in the least doubt hampered by academic onslaught. I believe based on faith.I would add that I know God somewhat through experience. Again, this can not be defined or proven in traditional ways.
I concur that history for prove of Christ is weak. There is some there but it is by no means sufficient to meet firm standards.
So I cakll it as it is. Faith.nd say so not meekly but with confidence. Christ is Lord.
So being a student of philosophy, I know its limits and declare unequivacobly that I believe in Christ based on faith.
Hermi - that is the BEST POST in a long, long time.

You faith is positive and optimistic. Apophatic philosophy is a very wise approach IMHO. It broadens the spectrum, gives greater glory to God, and leaves the petty dogmatic disputes on the curb.

No one can seriously argue with the VALUE of that kind of faith.

Again, wonderfully insightful post. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Bongo 778,142
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Dr_Zorderz 265,442
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 20 min lovewithin 39,386
Scientific proof for God's existence 37 min God Truth 48
I like underage girls (Apr '09) 53 min TexasCPChampion 16
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 58 min Trannyfucker 136
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 605,329
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Lumajuice 441,821
More from around the web