Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,294
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#407290 Dec 6, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>sorry for the late reply,been sick,first no such thing as jesus christs one true catholic church,there is no such thing as apostolic succession,jesus is not catholic,he's not even religious,man made him religious,all he did was spread his fathers word,and created a spiritual church,man created the physical churches that we have,none have anything to do with jesus really,except they use his and his fathers words for profit.the church is alive now but won't be for long,people will not forgive them for the cover up of the child molesting that has been going on for 2000 yrs. how could you,it's the most dispicable crime you can commit against a defenseless child,murder is the other,and that is what they did,they killed these poor children phsycologically,i have seen first hand what damage child molesting does to them,did they care? no, they let it go on,the pope writes a letter of apology,big deal,what he and the vatican council should be doing is coming forward and telling the whole truth,but they won't,that is why benny is pope,to make sure he keeps quiet hiding behind diplomatic immunity,don't know if you read newspapers or t.v. news but muslims are upset with the church,they are blowing them up in northern africa,do you see god stopping them? i don't,maybe that is what he wants,destroy the church for 2000 yrs of atrocities,phony traditions,murders and so on. there is no way the catholic church is gods/jesus' true church,it's to corrupt....like to say more but can't gotta go to work,will continue later. have a good day.
Thanks, but you Jethro8 can "believe what you want"! I've listen to your anti-catholicism distortions of TRUE history and biblical truths, repeatedly!! I'll stick to the TRUTH of history and the bible with Jesus Christ at (Daily Mass, the Eucharist, the biblical readings, the Sacraments and the Adoration Prayer Chapel, in and through Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church, which continues to grow (world-wide) each and every day. Hope your atheism, or agnosicism or "whatever -unbelief of the TRUTH--- that you "prefer to hold onto"---works out for you!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#407291 Dec 6, 2012
Crickback wrote:
guys. religions a matter of personal choice. if you choose to be in one then all the power to ya. but.. should you try and PUSH your religion on others like some think they have to. then theyre just making fools of themselves and what they believe in. one can have faith in ones religion WITHOUT BEATING YER FREAKIN CHEST ABOUT IT!
nuff said
This forum is far from a chest beating contest.There may be those who beat their chest,but soon they are just one of the crowd,and there is no one who is chief poster.sll are unique here,and have given their point of view with great precision at times.So good bye,and enjoy going to the next forum and giving them your two cents worth.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#407292 Dec 6, 2012
Gargage spammed from an anti-catholic hate site. However a ration, reason or truth is of no concern to the likes of guests. ;0

Do they preach Jesus as Savior when their Popes -

Yes they do as no one but Jesus could have died for our sins.
-
Do they preach Jesus as their High priest when the Roman priests are drunks, smokers, & Sodomite child rapists?

Nice Christian like blanket statement you got there devoid of fact or reality.

-
Do they preach Jesus peaceful while killing 500 million Christians during the dark ages?

More people than existed in Europe. Good stuff! Foxs book of Martyrs is full of black legends devoid of truth.
-
Do they preach Jesus as infallible while placing tradition over and above His Word?

Yep Jesus is infallible but you are not and traditions are not above his word. An empty claim.

Do they preach Jesus’ death as sufficient when they teach of Purgatory instead of Salvation in Jesus?

Salvation is through Jesus and everyone is tested by fire or purged as nothing unclean will enter heaven is the culmination of Christs sanctification and sacrifice on the cross.

Do they preach Jesus’ cross sufficienwhen teaching you must individually suffer to be saved?

Suffering is part of sanctification as if you are not of the world the world will hate you.

Do they preach Jesus’ cross sufficient when selling Indulgences to escape Hellfire?

Indulgences have nothing to do with escaping hell, but you dont care that you are posting a lie. However you dont know what an indulgence is.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#407293 Dec 6, 2012
who="Clay"
If that religion happens to be the one that Jesus Christ started, then I'm all in.
So far, I find no reason to dismiss the Catholic Churchs claim about their existence. It checks out by independent non-Christian historians.
The Protestants claim does not. Sola Scripture is a foreign concept and is not what Christ wished for.

Jesus declared that He does what He sees His Father do. He said that the Holy Spirit WOULD NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF (his own words), but only that that the Father said.

It is good enough for them. It should be good enough for you.
Jesus declared in His temptation: IT IS WRITTEN! He spoke only scripture.

Do you?

KayMarie

#407294 Dec 6, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"IF THERE IS NO ASSURANCE OF ETERNAL LIFE WITH CHRIST AFTER DEATH...."
Catholics believe and are taught that there is assurance of the promise of eternal life with Christ after death.
"WHY DO YO ROMAN CATHOLICS .... GO TO SUCH LENGTH TO DEFEND A RELIGION THAT IS A DEAD END STREET?"
You sir are a liar and bearer of false witness.
You have given me the same OLE SONG AND DANCE as was given the Second that third time I ask the question...calling me names and railing on me...

BUT YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN AN ANSWER FOR YOUR HOPE ...

EVIDENTLY YOU ARE JUST REEVING YOU MOTOR IN VENGEANCE UPON ME

YOU HAVE NO ANSWER...

YOU HONESTLY HAVE NO HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE ..RIGHT

YOU CAN'T GIVE ANS ANSWER BECAUSE THERE IS NONE TO BE FOUND IN YOUR FABLES CONJECTURE, ASSUMPTIONS ANS PRESUMPTUOUSNESS..

IT IS A DEAD END STREET..

A ROAD TO NO WHERE...

AFTER DEATH ? WHAT THEN ?

#407295 Dec 6, 2012
who="hojo"
Thanks, but you Jethro8 can "believe what you want"! I've listen to your anti-catholicism distortions of TRUE history and biblical truths, repeatedly!! I'll stick to the TRUTH of history and the bible with Jesus Christ at (Daily Mass, the Eucharist, the biblical readings, the Sacraments and the Adoration Prayer Chapel, in and through Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church, which continues to grow (world-wide) each and every day. Hope your atheism, or agnosicism or "whatever -unbelief of the TRUTH--- that you "prefer to hold onto"---works out for you!!

Hojo...I recognize your posts before I even see your name. Try praising God instead of your One True Apostolic Catholic Church, Sacraments, and the Adoration Prayer Chapel.

KayMarie
marge

Ames, IA

#407296 Dec 6, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm not saying the Holy Spirit stopped wroking.
marge, have you ever repented for a sin or been sorry and made a concerted effort to stop repeating the same sin AFTER you "got saved"? Isn't that the Holy Spirit working in you?
Yes, but you said they choose not to repent of future sins, do we agree then that that is impossible, with the Holy Spirit guiding the person to not be lead to repentance?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#407297 Dec 6, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
Regarding Fatima -- Catholics are "not required" to believe it.
But how many are led to believe based on the actions of the RCC?
1... All of the Popes since the Fatima Miracle have recognized that the Message is authentic.
2... Several Popes have gone to Fatima in person, including Paul VI, John Paul I and John Paul II.
3... John Paul II said at Fatima in 1982 that "the Message of Fatima imposes an obligation on the Church."
OK, you are not "required" to believe, but if you reject belief in the so-called "Three Secrets," then you are saying that every Pope since 1917 is fundamentally wrong.
This system of "levels of belief" becomes absurd.
Jesus didn't make such a convoluted and confusing religion.
Jesus did not preach absurdity, except maybe not washing one's hands before a meal, and except dignifying slavery, and maybe a couple of more things -- but nothing so convoluted.
"Make them pure and holy by teaching them your words of truth. As YOU sent Me into the world, I am sending them into the world." John 17:17-19.

The Gospel is the good news about the cleansing power of the GODHEAD from the stain of sin caused by the Rebellion in all of our hearts toward the Living God.

We do not automatically have faith in our CREATOR,but we need to be cleansed from the filth which is in this world by association.The Enemy of our souls is already at work,his institutions and enterprises of evil have been sewn deep into the fiber of this planet.When we are born we are already marred by the onslaught of what has been here for time in milenium.

It does not take long for our youth to be corrupted,and we see it in htis age more than ever.So the Christian message is simple and clear,IT is TIME to take a bath! To be cleansed from the ruiments of sin in this world,which none of us can absolve ourselves from. THE third verse in John 17:17-19 is this Free Mind:

"AND I give Myself entirely to YOU so they also might be entirely yours."

Jesus said to the people who believed in Him,"You are truly my disciples if you keep obeying my teachings,and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:31-32.

"I could have no greater J O Y than to hear that my children live in the t r u t h." 3 John 3:4.

Free Mind,the TRUTH spoken of in these verses is J e s u s. We cannot appreciate the magnitude of what truth is,until we receive into our lives Jesus Himself. Continued TAPESTRY of the Christian Religion.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#407298 Dec 6, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
-

If the first lines of this post (from guest, I believe) have no effect on you, then you will never change unless God wakes you up.
KayMarie
Thanks KayMarie--but you fail to see is that "God has (already) awaken us" Catholics (especially converts from Protestantism) to the TRUTH of His One True Catholic Church and the FULLNESS of that TRUTH along with the FULLNESS of the Faith!!

A New Exodus of Protestants Stream to Rome
www.catholiceducation.org/Articles/religion/r...

Protestant exodus

What accounts for this Protestant exodus at the twilight of the 20th century? The collapse of Protestant morality in American culture, the centrifugal drift of evangelical Protestantism, and the socioeconomic mobility of evangelical Protestants have all played key roles.

Mainline Protestantism has given tacit, and sometimes explicit, approval to the poisonous fruits of the 1960s — from free love to feminism. Although this accommodation strategy devastated the theological and moral integrity of the mainline, it has, at least in one respect, served clearly providential purposes. For men and women like Ireland, the moral and theological confusion they have found in the mainline is usually the reason they start thinking about heading to Rome.

Take Thomas Levergood, who had considered a vocation to the Episcopal priesthood.“There are so many compromises with our culture, compromises that violate the fullness of truth, especially on moral issues, in the Episcopal Church,” says Levergood, who is pursuing doctoral studies at the University of Chicago.“Being around half-truths and lies awakens in you a hunger for the genuine truth.”

Jeffrey Finch’s crisis of mainline faith came from interacting with his colleagues: Methodist ministers in southern New Jersey.“I remember sitting at annual conference meetings and listening to dilettantes blather on about revisiting doctrinal issues that had been settled centuries ago by ecumenical councils,” he recalls.“They were just making it [the Faith] up as they went along. Whatever its historic origins, Methodism had become a do-it-yourself religion.”

For evangelicals who end up becoming Catholic, two factors encourage them to reconsider their commitment to the evangelical Protestant faith. First, many evangelicals become dissatisfied with the doctrinal and ecclesiastical division that is endemic to Protestantism. Kristin Franklin went to Guatemala in 1992 as a Protestant missionary intent on “[rescuing] Catholics from the darkness of their religion’s superstition and man-made traditions,” as she wrote in a recent conversion piece for Envoy magazine. But she left the mission field a few years later after becoming disillusioned with divisions she saw among the “Bible-believing” Protestant churches she encountered in Central America. On issues from infant baptism to charismatic gifts, she found almost as many opinions as there were churches. She remembers thinking:“The truth doesn’t look like that.”

There is also a powerful sociological factor at work. Evangelicals have experienced dramatic upward mobility over the past 20 years. This mobility — and the educational and cultural opportunities it affords — leaves many evangelicals with the sense that there is more to the Christian faith than the daily quiet times, weekly Bible studies, and Sunday hymn-sermon-hymn worship that they grew up with. Evangelicals seeking a deeper spiritual life, a more transcendent experience of worship, or a richer intellectual tradition begin to look around.

As I have repeated this TRUTH many times:
God is not the author of bible only Protestant condemnation and judgement of other Christians and the Churches that they worship in especially Catholics----NOR is HE the author of Protestant conflicting, and inconsistent--confusion and chaos "clearly revealed in the thousands upon thousands and thousands of contradicting denominations.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#407299 Dec 6, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If that religion happens to be the one that Jesus Christ started, then I'm all in.
So far, I find no reason to dismiss the Catholic Churchs claim about their existence. It checks out by independent non-Christian historians.
The Protestants claim does not. Sola Scripture is a foreign concept and is not what Christ wished for.
"It checks out by independent non-Christian historians."

I like the way you manipulate the meaning of words. You definitely are a Catholic.

Please provide your citation to this statement.

If all the horrendous acts that they have done in the past, is just "checked out" ("looked at" in some manner)- then your statement is true. If it has been validated to be the correct line of action by an outside source, then, and only then, I can agree.

Maybe you need to clarify your statement a little better with honesty.

#407300 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
You have given me the same OLE SONG AND DANCE as was given the Second that third time I ask the question...calling me names and railing on me...
BUT YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN AN ANSWER FOR YOUR HOPE ...
EVIDENTLY YOU ARE JUST REEVING YOU MOTOR IN VENGEANCE UPON ME
YOU HAVE NO ANSWER...
YOU HONESTLY HAVE NO HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE ..RIGHT
YOU CAN'T GIVE ANS ANSWER BECAUSE THERE IS NONE TO BE FOUND IN YOUR FABLES CONJECTURE, ASSUMPTIONS ANS PRESUMPTUOUSNESS..
IT IS A DEAD END STREET..
A ROAD TO NO WHERE...
AFTER DEATH ? WHAT THEN ?
~~~
WE ARE NOT PLAYING BINGO HERE...

LIFE SHOULD NOT BE A GAME OF CHANCE FOR ANYONE...

DAVID SAID...

1Sa_20:3 but truly as the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, there is but a step between me and death.

What does Roman Catholicism offer ...after you leave this earth..

IF A RELIGIOUS SYSTEM OFFERS NOTHING MORE than calisthenics...and at the end of the road it gives no promise of eternal life with Christ..

WHY BOTHER WITH ALL THE FRUITLESS EXERCISES.

EVIDENTLY YOU CANNOT GIVE A SCRIPTURAL REFERENCE

THAT WOULD PROVE THAT YOUR ETERNAL LIFE (IN FOLLOWING YOUR CONJECTURE) IS SECURE.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#407301 Dec 6, 2012
ONIONS! VERY IMPORTANT. Read all the way through...
In 1919 when the flu killed 40 million people there was this Doctor that visited the many farmers to see i
f he could help them combat the flu...
Many of the farmers and their families had contracted it and many died.
The doctor came upon this one farmer and to his surprise, everyone was very healthy. When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different the wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish in the rooms of the home,(probably only two rooms back then). The doctor couldn't believe it and asked if he could have one of the onions and place it under the microscope. She gave him one and when he did this, he did find the flu virus in the onion. It obviously absorbed the bacteria, therefore, keeping the family healthy.
Now, I heard this story from my hairdresser. She said that several years ago, many of her employees were coming down with the flu, and so were many of her customers. The next year she placed several bowls with onions around in her shop. To her surprise, none of her staff got sick. It must work. Try it and see what happens. We did it last year and we never got the flu.
Now there is a P. S. to this for I sent it to a friend in Oregon who regularly contributes material to me on health issues. She replied with this most interesting experience about onions:
Thanks for the reminder. I don't know about the farmer's story...but, I do know that I contacted pneumonia, and, needless to say, I was very ill... I came across an article that said to cut both ends off an onion put it into an empty jar, and place the jar next to the sick patient at night. It said the onion would be black in the morning from the germs...sure enough it happened just like that...the onion was a mess and I began to feel better.
Another thing I read in the article was that onions and garlic placed around the room saved many from the black plague years ago. They have powerful antibacterial, antiseptic properties.
This is the other note. Lots of times when we have stomach problems we don't know what to blame. Maybe it's the onions that are to blame. Onions absorb bacteria is the reason they are so good at preventing us from getting colds and flu and is the very reason we shouldn't eat an onion that has been sitting for a time after it has been cut open.
LEFT OVER ONIONS ARE POISONOUS
I had the wonderful privilege of touring Mullins Food Products, Makers of mayonnaise. Questions about food poisoning came up, and I wanted to share what I learned from a chemist.
Ed, who was our tour guide, is a food chemistry whiz. During the tour, someone asked if we really needed to worry about mayonnaise. People are always worried that mayonnaise will spoil. Ed's answer will surprise you. Ed said that all commercially-made mayo is completely safe.
"It doesn't even have to be refrigerated. No harm in refrigerating it, but it's not really necessary." He explained that the pH in mayonnaise is set at a point that bacteria could not survive in that environment. He then talked about the summer picnic, with the bowl of potato salad sitting on the table, and how everyone blames the mayonnaise when someone gets sick.
Ed says that, when food poisoning is reported, the first thing the officials look for is when the 'victim' last ate ONIONS and where those onions came from (in the potato salad?). Ed says it's not the mayonnaise (as long as it's not homemade mayo) that spoils in the outdoors. It's probably the ONIONS, and if not the onions, it's the POTATOES.
He explained onions are a huge magnet for bacteria, especially uncooked onions. You should never plan to keep a portion of a sliced onion.. He says it's not even safe if you put it in a zip-lock bag and put it in your refrigerator.
cont
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#407302 Dec 6, 2012
cont ABOUT ONIONS

It's already contaminated enough just by being cut open and out for a bit, that it can be a danger to you (and doubly watch out for those onions you put in your hotdogs at the baseball park!). Ed says if you take the leftover onion and cook it like crazy you'll probably be okay, but if you slice that leftover onion and put on your sandwich, you're asking for trouble. Both the onions and the moist potato in a potato salad, will attract and grow bacteria faster than any commercial mayonnaise will even begin to break down.
Also, dogs should never eat onions. Their stomachs cannot metabolize onions.
Please remember it is dangerous to cut an onion and try to use it to cook the next day, it becomes highly poisonous for even a single night and creates toxic bacteria which may cause adverse stomach infections because of excess bile secretions and even food poisoning.
Please pass this on to all you love and care about.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#407303 Dec 6, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, but I have not seen many protestants on a journey. Salvation is not a process its an event. How someone who claims to be a preacher can say sanctification has nothing to with any suffering is beyond me. However nothing will ever be satisfactory for 4bdn because the view of sanctification/justification are not the same. For him/her its all done. The do not understand the churches teaching on grace. It will always boil down to what Paul and James were saying. That was a major shift. What do Catholics know they are the whore of babylon and those early Fathers were all daft according to those in here. I am done with them, but its useless to talk about purification from someone who claims they are completely pure. Its all done. They read some words one day and thats it.
"For just as you presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness, resulting in further lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness, resulting in sanctification." (Rom 6:19)
For you know what commandments we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus. For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality.(1 Thess 4:2-3)
Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and of earthenware, and some to honor and some to dishonor. Therefore, if a man cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.(2 Tim 2:20-21)
The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.... if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us.(1 John 2:4-6; 4:12)
Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and let the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and let the one who is holy, still keep himself holy.(Rev 22:11)
Romans 5:3-5 And not only this, but [we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4 and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; 5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us (What!?) Suffering? Tribulations? Does what!?
2 Thessalonians 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
Dust Storm
Peace

I understand and sympathize with your struggle....

I am coming to understand that when the Gentile mind, which is unconformed to Christ comes to a realization of salvation is in Jesus Christ alone and accepts this Gift, it is the Great Epiphany, they become part of a journey on this earth, a pilgrim.

There are times when we feel anchored(at rest) in this voyage, and also when we are underway....That sense of being at anchor is both salvation and sanctification.

But we must voyage on...,on a pilgrimage, and we carry the Anchor of our Faith, with us. Then comes in the difficult storms, and monotonous time which strengthens our faith, and is sanctification in a process.

Most often in this journey we are not aware of carrying our cross daily. But it still happens. And so we find it easy to remember the big moments, which are like epiphanies in in our sanctification process.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#407304 Dec 6, 2012
who="hojo"
Hojo...I recognize your posts before I even see your name. Try praising God instead of your One True Apostolic Catholic Church, Sacraments, and the Adoration Prayer Chapel.
KayMarie
Daily Mass, the Eucharist, Prayer, Bible Readings, etc.---are ALL giving "glory, adoration, respect, homage, reverence, veneration and PRAISE to Almighty God HIMSELF and to HIS SON Jesus Christ, ALL which is manifested in and through Our Lords Catholic Church--of which HIS bride---IS---the Church!......... Thanks KayMarie and Gods Blessing to you and your family during this season of Advent!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407305 Dec 6, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says....

1) It checks out by independent non-Christian historians.

2) Sola Scripture is a foreign concept and is not what Christ wished for.

Michael says....

1) What non-christian historians? No one at anytime from 7BCE to 30AD said a peep about a son of God, miracle man Jesus. Why?

2) If there was a Christ, how do you know what he wished for? Were you there to witness this wish?

Its all just conjecture, and wishful thinking on your behalf. It was all taught to you, when you were born by CHANCE into your belief system.

BUSTED!

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#407306 Dec 6, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
Celibacy is Church Practice, Not Dogma
This is used to 'explain' why the CC does one thing, but declares that it is not dogma. What it really says is that 'the thing may not be doctrine, but we do it our way, anyhow.'
That offends my intelligence. If it is wrong, it should not be done. If it is right, it should be required.
I Tim.3:3 Bishops must BE the husband of one wife.
I Tim.3:11 Deacons wives must BE...
I Tim.3:12 LET (allow) deacons to BE the husband of one wife...
What part of BE (present tense) do you not understand?
And where is there any mention of a widower?
Widows are not to remarry? That does not explain putting youthful...never married girls into a house next door to youthful unmarried men...and having them work together. It is a recipe for temptation/trouble.
KayMarie
As is usual you cherry pick verses in order to condemn the Catholic Church. The grammar in the text is intended not as a command but as a restriction, i.e., they are not to have MULTIPLE wives or marriages.

Why do you ignore;

Matt. 19:11-12
Matt. 19:29
Matt. 22:30
1 Cor 7:1
1 Cor. 7:7
1 Cor. 7:27
1 Cor. 7:32-33, 38

?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407307 Dec 6, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
You think anybody's gonna understand your jibberish?
Do you think anybody wants to?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#407308 Dec 6, 2012
Clay...were it me...I would leave in writing MY WORDS...so that one could see/know exactly what I wished them to know. I would not leave such an important matter to men who may distort them.
...and yet it was.

Why do you believe men?
This would assure me that IF ANYONE distorted my words, honest people could read THEM and see what "I" had to say.

*looks around for honest people*

Hmmmm.....we have a conundrum.
If I could then leave my spirit to guide the readers, I could be confident that 'those who had my spirit' would understand my words with his help.

You don't believe in the Spirit [Self]- remember?
And I would know that those who distorted my words obviously did not have my spirit.
Is this like you distorting "God's Word" to your own liking?
Is the Bible distorted?
Yes.
Has it been mis-interpreted?
Yes.
You think that GOD can't do better than that?
Yes.
The Bible has stood for centuries.

Not really - it has changed its meaning over many centuries.

http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Wars-Patriarchs-E...
It has brought peace, redemption, healing, prosperity (and everything else we need), and remains the best selling book ever. EVEN IF THERE WERE NO GOD, that Book is the greatest material ever given to man.

"best-selling book" - profit off of Jesus.
- Only in America can you do this.
- The Bible also has caused wars and murder, but also condones rape, hatred and slavery.
- Maybe you decided to skip over those passages because they didn't sit well with you?
But of course, we KNOW that GOD IS, and HIS WORD LIVES FOREVER.
You don't know "God" or what "He" can or can't do, so please stop lying to otehrs that you do.
The Bible is our anchor.

For the feeble-minded, yes, because they don't know how to take responsibility for their actions or admit they are dishonest. Like you.
The Holy Spirit does abide with us forever.
Citation please.
But there are evil spirits that would whisper doubt and fear, etc. to us.

Citation please.
When this occurs the Holy Spirit WILL BRING TO OUR REMEMBRANCE those things that Jesus taught...and the Holy Spirit WILL AGREE with "IT IS WRITTEN".
And no doubt - you have some proof to support this, right?
No man can minister to us with such power. "I am not ashamed of the gospel, for IT is the POWER OF GOD unto salvation.
KayMarie
They did - you lose.

#407309 Dec 6, 2012
who="LTM"
Hi Jethro sorry to hear you were ill, hope you are ok now.

Same here. Praying for you.

Gif and KM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min onemale 267,466
Is Wicca a religion or an Occult? 36 min Stuart Cudahy 21
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min Hidingfromyou 795,616
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 43 min mike 607,215
I live with my cousin, we had sex and we loved it. 1 hr this is my first ... 4
Scientific proof for God's existence 2 hr BenAdam 589
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr bad bob 175,867
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr Fix that rodentloder 120,740
More from around the web