Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
392,061 - 392,080 of 532,678 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how many verses you quote, you will never erase:
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
Keep trying! It makes you look smart! Seriously!!
Exodus 21:22

22 “If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be <fined> whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows.

Is your fine too much for striking this pregnant woman, then you could be SOLD as a slave for your punishment!

Other assaults could, also, result in slavery, as your punishment...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how many verses you quote, you will never erase:
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
Keep trying! It makes you look smart! Seriously!!
Freeing your slave

Deuteronomy 15:12

12 If any of your people—Hebrew men or women—sell themselves to you and serve you [six years,] in the seventh year you must let them go FREE.

Slave free after serving 6 years....

You must supply your slave before letting them go....

Deuteronomy 15:14

14 Supply them LIBERALLY from your flock, your threshing floor and your winepress. Give to them as the Lord your God has blessed you.

***Give to them as the Lord you God has BLESSED YOU.....
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
According to Catholicism ... 2nd Commandment:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...
Wow. You are completely lost.

You remind me every time you post, that I indeed belong to the true Church.
What's sad, is I know our side has been explained to you. Yet, you ignore it and continue to spread ideological propaganda.
Please don't refer to yourself as a Christian anymore... Its incredibly insulting.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Post "guest."
No its not a great post LTM. Its called BARING FALSE WITNESS.
Its a cult pamphlet. I don't understand why people like you and guest eat this stuff up.
You're victims, and whomever succeeds in convincing you that this is truth, will be in hell someday. That is a very serious matter.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

guest wrote:
why did the Catholics remove the 2nd commandment from the Bible?
As I'm sure you're aware of, there really is no numbering system on the 'ten commandments'.

They were not given 1-10. The Catholic Church added the numbering system to simplify it.

Its actually you guys who misuse the 'ten' commandments, by isolating the bowing down to statues line, and ignoring the actual commandment. We are not to worship false gods.
That is the whole purpose of the commandment.
Any 5th grader can read and comprehend what God is trying to say in Exodus. And its NOT a generalization of statues. Cult members, like yourself are only using this to spread your ideology crap.
Of course, this was already explained to you a number of times, but you continue to play stupid- as if that will wash your hands.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Who wrote the book of Hebrews? When was it written? How do you know that god wanted that book to be in the bible, but not the rest that were not included? When was Hebrews considered part of the bible?
<quoted text>
Who says that he did?
<quoted text>
DNA tells us that they were not. A book, for which you know very little about, claims that they did. I know who I am going to trust!
<quoted text>
Hmmm? You mean, isn't it said that god once overlooked the ignorance of the gentiles. Since jesus died, how many people died not knowing about him? The bible clearly states that no one comes to god, except through jesus. How can both be true?
<quoted text>
Your god demands a lot, but you pick and choose the demands that you like, ignoring the rest and when you fail at the ones you picked, you claim that god has forgiven you... but the 'christian' down the street, who makes a mistake, god does not forgive him so easily! And an Atheist, god will forgive the evil terrorist before the kindest, most giving Atheists. How dumb is that?
Your sins:

“Come now, let us settle the matter,”
says the Lord.
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool.

IF you are <<<willing and obedient,>>>
you will eat the good things of the land;

Willing to do what to save you from your sins???

Obedient to what command given by our Lord???

In the Old Testament, do you want to try to use the blood of bulls and goats to take away man’s/your sins???

Hebrews 10:4-18

4 It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:

“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but a BODY you prepared for me;

6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings
you were NOT pleased.

7 Then I said,‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—
I have come to do your will, my God.’”

8 First he said,“Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them”—though they were offered in accordance with the LAW.

9 <<<<<Then he said,“Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second.>>>>>

10 ~~~~~And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.~~~~~

11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices,*which can NEVER TAKE AWAY SINS.*

12 But when this priest had offered for all time ONE sacrifice for sins, <he sat down at the right hand of God,>

13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool.

14 For by ONE sacrifice he has made PERFECT forever <those who are being made holy.>

15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

16 *“This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”*

17 Then he adds:

~~~“Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.”~~~

18 [[[[[And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.]]]]]

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
As I'm sure you're aware of, there really is no numbering system on the 'ten commandments'.
They were not given 1-10. The Catholic Church added the numbering system to simplify it.
Its actually you guys who misuse the 'ten' commandments, by isolating the bowing down to statues line, and ignoring the actual commandment. We are not to worship false gods.
That is the whole purpose of the commandment.
Any 5th grader can read and comprehend what God is trying to say in Exodus. And its NOT a generalization of statues. Cult members, like yourself are only using this to spread your ideology crap.
Of course, this was already explained to you a number of times, but you continue to play stupid- as if that will wash your hands.
~~~

See my response
xxxxxxx

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

My response

xxxxxxx
So you say it is stupid to try to obey the ten commandments.

Question

What are you saying about Jesus ...Do you consider Him stupid too?

Jesus said..

Mat_19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life,

--> keep the commandments. <--

1Jn_5:2 --> By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.<--

1Jn_5:3 --> For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. <--

Rev_12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev_14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

Rev 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Rev 14:11 ===> And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

==>YOU NEITHER KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS NOR DO YOU EXERCISE FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND CALL OTHERS STUPID FOR ATTEMPTING TO DO SO<==

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

THERE IS A DAY COMING WHEN YOU WILL GET A RUDE REVELATION OF WHO WAS/IS STUPID.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 25:39
39 “‘If any of your fellow Israelites become poor and sell themselves to you, do not make them work as slaves.
These slaves (poor-without money, food, etc.) were to be treated well, workers/employees, not working him like you might want to work a slave.
But only your "fellow Israelites."

Otherwise, "IF THEY ARE OF OTHER NATIONS," do virtually anything you wish with them.

Come on! There is nothing wrong with slavery, because the Bible tells us so.

Now get over it.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Freeing your slave
Deuteronomy 15:12
12 If any of your people—Hebrew men or women—sell themselves to you and serve you [six years,] in the seventh year you must let them go FREE.
Slave free after serving 6 years....
You must supply your slave before letting them go....
Deuteronomy 15:14
14 Supply them LIBERALLY from your flock, your threshing floor and your winepress. Give to them as the Lord your God has blessed you.
***Give to them as the Lord you God has BLESSED YOU.....
You do this ONLY FOR YOUR OWN TRIBE, not for people from other nations.

The message is clear. Slavery is OK, for the Bible tells us so.

Period, the end.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You are completely lost.
You remind me every time you post, that I indeed belong to the true Church.
What's sad, is I know our side has been explained to you. Yet, you ignore it and continue to spread ideological propaganda.
Please don't refer to yourself as a Christian anymore... Its incredibly insulting.
How can you judge others when you run away from your own ideological propaganda -- Fatima -- when the actual facts are brought forth.

Clay says "Fatima is not church teaching," "belief is optional," blah, blah. More word games!

REALITY CHECK -- all of the Popes since the Fatima Miracle have recognized that the Message is authentic. Several Popes have gone to Fatima in person, including Paul VI, John Paul I and John Paul II. John Paul II said at Fatima in 1982 that "the Message of Fatima imposes an obligation on the Church."

So Clay renounces his Popes when Mary's absurd words are in plain view, claiming Fatima is no big deal.

I don't blame him, because the Vatican lies about Fatima were so absurd and embarrassing -- that the last "secret" was a non-event -- in spite of decades of Vatican warnings to the contrary.

POINT -- no one-true church requires such cheap tricks. BUSTED!!!
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

995 CE -- Canonization of dead saints, first by Pope John XV

However....

Every believer and follower of Christ is called saint in the Bible.(Romans 1:7; 1st Colossians 1:2).

Why is the RCC always changing the Bible?

Big clue....

Each change gave the Vatican more M-O-N-E-Y and P-O-W-E-R
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
But only your "fellow Israelites."
Otherwise, "IF THEY ARE OF OTHER NATIONS," do virtually anything you wish with them.
Come on! There is nothing wrong with slavery, because the Bible tells us so.
Now get over it.
Free Mind...

Do you think I have a problem with slavery???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
You do this ONLY FOR YOUR OWN TRIBE, not for people from other nations.
Period, the end.
You wrote:

Now, tell this to Black Sheep...he is the one with a problem of slavery....
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Free Mind...
Do you think I have a problem with slavery???
It sure seems so.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
Now, tell this to Black Sheep...he is the one with a problem of slavery....
Yep, Black Sheep has a problem with slavery -- along with most Christians today.

Unlike you, they remain in denial of what the Bible teaches.

No wonder the world is going to Hell.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure seems so.
Well, I do not have a problem with it....

I was trying to get Black Sheep to understand why there was slavery in the Old Testament....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, Black Sheep has a problem with slavery -- along with most Christians today.
Unlike you, they remain in denial of what the Bible teaches.
No wonder the world is going to Hell.
Exactly...

Now, that is what I am talking about....

Too many lost SOULS out there...
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
My response
xxxxxxx
So you say it is stupid to try to obey the ten commandments.
Question
What are you saying about Jesus ...Do you consider Him stupid too?
Jesus said..
Mat_19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life,
--> keep the commandments. <--
1Jn_5:2 --> By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.<--
1Jn_5:3 --> For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. <--
Rev_12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Rev_14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Rev 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
Rev 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
Rev 14:11 ===> And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
==>YOU NEITHER KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS NOR DO YOU EXERCISE FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND CALL OTHERS STUPID FOR ATTEMPTING TO DO SO<==
Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Rev 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
THERE IS A DAY COMING WHEN YOU WILL GET A RUDE REVELATION OF WHO WAS/IS STUPID.
Oh golly, some guy who declared himself a minister implies I'm going to hell.... Again!
Scram prophet, you are no authority on Christianity, and I can prove it.
I abide in Christ and He in I through th Eucharist.
Our Lord established this miracle to bind Christians together and protect us from the 40,000 false teachings, that He surely foresaw coming.
There. Now you can puff your chest out. Christ foresaw you coming someday Confrint, so He brilliantly gave us something (His flesh) so we would know what truth is?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Slavery in biblical times was very different from the slavery that was practiced in the past few centuries in many parts of the world.

People were not enslaved because of their nationality or the color of their skin.

In Bible times, slavery was more a matter of social status.

People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families. In New Testament times, sometimes doctors, lawyers, and even politicians were slaves of someone else. Some people actually chose to be slaves so as to have all their needs provided for by their masters.

Economics.It is not a perfect match but it does compare somewhat to todays economic realities.
If we examine the economic classes, we can see, on some levels, a degree of slavery.

The Bible often approaches issues from the inside out. If a person experiences the love, mercy, and grace of God by receiving His salvation, God will reform his soul, changing the way he thinks and acts.Someone who has experienced God’s gift of salvation and freedom from the slavery of sin, as God reforms his soul, will realize that enslaving another human being is wrong. He who has truly experienced God’s grace will in turn be gracious towards others. That would be the Bible’s prescription for ending slavery.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

596 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Larry 599,069
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Charlie Sheen 256,471
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Buck Crick 224,136
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min An NFL Fan 115,040
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 14 min Naveen kumar 4,670
girls have you ever caught your brother naked o... (Nov '12) 26 min The Pedo 8
The fear of dying a virgin 32 min The Pedo 9
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 33 min WildWeirdWillie 172,350
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr dirty white boy- 720,421
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr bbbbbb 73
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••