Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,237
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#407054 Dec 5, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Freeing your slave
Deuteronomy 15:12
12 If any of your people—Hebrew men or women—sell themselves to you and serve you [six years,] in the seventh year you must let them go FREE.
Slave free after serving 6 years....
You must supply your slave before letting them go....
Deuteronomy 15:14
14 Supply them LIBERALLY from your flock, your threshing floor and your winepress. Give to them as the Lord your God has blessed you.
***Give to them as the Lord you God has BLESSED YOU.....
You do this ONLY FOR YOUR OWN TRIBE, not for people from other nations.

The message is clear. Slavery is OK, for the Bible tells us so.

Period, the end.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#407056 Dec 5, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You are completely lost.
You remind me every time you post, that I indeed belong to the true Church.
What's sad, is I know our side has been explained to you. Yet, you ignore it and continue to spread ideological propaganda.
Please don't refer to yourself as a Christian anymore... Its incredibly insulting.
How can you judge others when you run away from your own ideological propaganda -- Fatima -- when the actual facts are brought forth.

Clay says "Fatima is not church teaching," "belief is optional," blah, blah. More word games!

REALITY CHECK -- all of the Popes since the Fatima Miracle have recognized that the Message is authentic. Several Popes have gone to Fatima in person, including Paul VI, John Paul I and John Paul II. John Paul II said at Fatima in 1982 that "the Message of Fatima imposes an obligation on the Church."

So Clay renounces his Popes when Mary's absurd words are in plain view, claiming Fatima is no big deal.

I don't blame him, because the Vatican lies about Fatima were so absurd and embarrassing -- that the last "secret" was a non-event -- in spite of decades of Vatican warnings to the contrary.

POINT -- no one-true church requires such cheap tricks. BUSTED!!!
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#407057 Dec 5, 2012
995 CE -- Canonization of dead saints, first by Pope John XV

However....

Every believer and follower of Christ is called saint in the Bible.(Romans 1:7; 1st Colossians 1:2).

Why is the RCC always changing the Bible?

Big clue....

Each change gave the Vatican more M-O-N-E-Y and P-O-W-E-R
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#407058 Dec 5, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
But only your "fellow Israelites."
Otherwise, "IF THEY ARE OF OTHER NATIONS," do virtually anything you wish with them.
Come on! There is nothing wrong with slavery, because the Bible tells us so.
Now get over it.
Free Mind...

Do you think I have a problem with slavery???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#407059 Dec 5, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
You do this ONLY FOR YOUR OWN TRIBE, not for people from other nations.
Period, the end.
You wrote:

Now, tell this to Black Sheep...he is the one with a problem of slavery....
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#407060 Dec 5, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Free Mind...
Do you think I have a problem with slavery???
It sure seems so.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#407061 Dec 5, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
Now, tell this to Black Sheep...he is the one with a problem of slavery....
Yep, Black Sheep has a problem with slavery -- along with most Christians today.

Unlike you, they remain in denial of what the Bible teaches.

No wonder the world is going to Hell.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#407062 Dec 5, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure seems so.
Well, I do not have a problem with it....

I was trying to get Black Sheep to understand why there was slavery in the Old Testament....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#407063 Dec 5, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, Black Sheep has a problem with slavery -- along with most Christians today.
Unlike you, they remain in denial of what the Bible teaches.
No wonder the world is going to Hell.
Exactly...

Now, that is what I am talking about....

Too many lost SOULS out there...
Clay

United States

#407064 Dec 5, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
My response
xxxxxxx
So you say it is stupid to try to obey the ten commandments.
Question
What are you saying about Jesus ...Do you consider Him stupid too?
Jesus said..
Mat_19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life,
--> keep the commandments. <--
1Jn_5:2 --> By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.<--
1Jn_5:3 --> For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. <--
Rev_12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Rev_14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Rev 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
Rev 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
Rev 14:11 ===> And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
==>YOU NEITHER KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS NOR DO YOU EXERCISE FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND CALL OTHERS STUPID FOR ATTEMPTING TO DO SO<==
Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Rev 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
THERE IS A DAY COMING WHEN YOU WILL GET A RUDE REVELATION OF WHO WAS/IS STUPID.
Oh golly, some guy who declared himself a minister implies I'm going to hell.... Again!
Scram prophet, you are no authority on Christianity, and I can prove it.
I abide in Christ and He in I through th Eucharist.
Our Lord established this miracle to bind Christians together and protect us from the 40,000 false teachings, that He surely foresaw coming.
There. Now you can puff your chest out. Christ foresaw you coming someday Confrint, so He brilliantly gave us something (His flesh) so we would know what truth is?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#407065 Dec 5, 2012
Slavery in biblical times was very different from the slavery that was practiced in the past few centuries in many parts of the world.

People were not enslaved because of their nationality or the color of their skin.

In Bible times, slavery was more a matter of social status.

People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families. In New Testament times, sometimes doctors, lawyers, and even politicians were slaves of someone else. Some people actually chose to be slaves so as to have all their needs provided for by their masters.

Economics.It is not a perfect match but it does compare somewhat to todays economic realities.
If we examine the economic classes, we can see, on some levels, a degree of slavery.

The Bible often approaches issues from the inside out. If a person experiences the love, mercy, and grace of God by receiving His salvation, God will reform his soul, changing the way he thinks and acts.Someone who has experienced God’s gift of salvation and freedom from the slavery of sin, as God reforms his soul, will realize that enslaving another human being is wrong. He who has truly experienced God’s grace will in turn be gracious towards others. That would be the Bible’s prescription for ending slavery.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#407066 Dec 5, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I do not have a problem with it....
I was trying to get Black Sheep to understand why there was slavery in the Old Testament....
And the New Testament as well.

Nowhere in the Bible does anyone have a problem with the fundamental morality of slavery.

I am happy that you do not reject the Bible like so many others here.
Clay

United States

#407067 Dec 5, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you judge others when you run away from your own ideological propaganda -- Fatima -- when the actual facts are brought forth.
Clay says "Fatima is not church teaching," "belief is optional," blah, blah. More word games!
REALITY CHECK -- all of the Popes since the Fatima Miracle have recognized that the Message is authentic. Several Popes have gone to Fatima in person, including Paul VI, John Paul I and John Paul II. John Paul II said at Fatima in 1982 that "the Message of Fatima imposes an obligation on the Church."
So Clay renounces his Popes when Mary's absurd words are in plain view, claiming Fatima is no big deal.
I don't blame him, because the Vatican lies about Fatima were so absurd and embarrassing -- that the last "secret" was a non-event -- in spite of decades of Vatican warnings to the contrary.
POINT -- no one-true church requires such cheap tricks. BUSTED!!!
So Marys words are absurd because you're not smart enough to comprehend the context.
Ya ok. Lol

Come on, I want to hear that story about you 'just finding out you were Catholic by baptism- and you never knew it.

Then months later, you made up a story about you being raised Catholic and your parents would not let your protestant friend attend Mass with you and your family.

Busted!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#407068 Dec 5, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
And the New Testament as well.
Nowhere in the Bible does anyone have a problem with the fundamental morality of slavery.
I am happy that you do not reject the Bible like so many others here.
Reject the Word of God???

NEVER!!!

God has His reasons for everything He does....

Are we to question Him???

I don't think so....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#407069 Dec 5, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
995 CE -- Canonization of dead saints, first by Pope John XV
However....
Every believer and follower of Christ is called saint in the Bible.(Romans 1:7; 1st Colossians 1:2).
Why is the RCC always changing the Bible?
Big clue....
Each change gave the Vatican more M-O-N-E-Y and P-O-W-E-R
~~~

They are fulfilling the prophecies of Jesus...

JESUS SAID..

Mat_24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Mar_13:6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Luk_21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying;

I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

~~~

WHILE THE ROMAN CATHOLIC SAYS THAT JESUS IS CHRIST...

THEY ATTEMPT TO DECEIVE THE WORLD BY

EDITING. HIS WORD

DELETING FROM IT...

ADDING TO IT

DISTORTING IT.

DENYING IT...

BY

ATTEMPTING TO REPLACE IT

WITH THEIR OWN

ASSUMPTIONS,

PRESUMPTUOUSNESS, AND

CONJECTURE...

UNTIL IT IS NO LONGER CHRISTIANITY..

BUT

PURE PAGAN ROMAN CATHOLICISM...

WITH THEIR CATECHISM,

THEIR (so called )CHURCH,... AT THE FOREFRONT..

AND THE BIBLE (the word of God)

COMPLETELY/BLATANTLY IGNORED...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#407070 Dec 5, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Slavery in biblical times was very different from the slavery that was practiced in the past few centuries in many parts of the world.
People were not enslaved because of their nationality or the color of their skin.
In Bible times, slavery was more a matter of social status.
People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families. In New Testament times, sometimes doctors, lawyers, and even politicians were slaves of someone else. Some people actually chose to be slaves so as to have all their needs provided for by their masters.
Economics.It is not a perfect match but it does compare somewhat to todays economic realities.
If we examine the economic classes, we can see, on some levels, a degree of slavery.
The Bible often approaches issues from the inside out. If a person experiences the love, mercy, and grace of God by receiving His salvation, God will reform his soul, changing the way he thinks and acts.Someone who has experienced God’s gift of salvation and freedom from the slavery of sin, as God reforms his soul, will realize that enslaving another human being is wrong. He who has truly experienced God’s grace will in turn be gracious towards others. That would be the Bible’s prescription for ending slavery.
Thank you, Herme!

Hope you are feeling better and getting stronger every day....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#407071 Dec 5, 2012
God has His reasons for everything....

We are to do His Will...
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#407072 Dec 5, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So Marys words are absurd because you're not smart enough to comprehend the context.
Ya ok. Lol
Come on, I want to hear that story about you 'just finding out you were Catholic by baptism- and you never knew it.
Then months later, you made up a story about you being raised Catholic and your parents would not let your protestant friend attend Mass with you and your family.
Busted!
Again, you lie about things I have posted in order to avoid the point.

OK, I don't understand the context of Mary's Second Secret of Fatima.

Here are Mary's words: Please explain.

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."

Please explain why this "secret" was only released after-the-fact, in 1941 after Pius XI was already the Pope and after WW2 had already begun?

Why didn't the RCC warn the world in advance?

Why did the RCC wait until Hitler had invaded Russia?

Could it be that the Vatican wanted to get rid of Communism and appease Hitler?

Why did God murder so many Chinese and poor Russian peasants, yet Mary said it would be the Church that would suffer?

How does devotion to Mary's Sacred Heart save souls? Did Jesus make her a god?

It's all COMPLETELY ABSURD. But I'm sure you can explain. And if you cannot explain, then just lie and attack the messenger.
Clay

United States

#407073 Dec 5, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
They are fulfilling the prophecies of Jesus...
JESUS SAID..
Mat_24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mar_13:6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Luk_21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying;
I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
~~~
WHILE THE ROMAN CATHOLIC SAYS THAT JESUS IS CHRIST...
THEY ATTEMPT TO DECEIVE THE WORLD BY
EDITING. HIS WORD
DELETING FROM IT...
ADDING TO IT
DISTORTING IT.
DENYING IT...
BY
ATTEMPTING TO REPLACE IT
WITH THEIR OWN
ASSUMPTIONS,
PRESUMPTUOUSNESS, AND
CONJECTURE...
UNTIL IT IS NO LONGER CHRISTIANITY..
BUT
PURE PAGAN ROMAN CATHOLICISM...
WITH THEIR CATECHISM,
THEIR (so called )CHURCH,... AT THE FOREFRONT..
AND THE BIBLE (the word of God)
COMPLETELY/BLATANTLY IGNORED...
Liar. You're not doing a very good job of freeing me from Catholicism. I told you if what you say is the truth, I'll leave the Church today. So far everything you say is completely engulfed in deception, gossip, falsehoods and stereotypes.
How could I possibly think Confrint is doing the will of God?
You're so filled with pride that you can't even see that Christ was talking about YOU, when He said "many will come in my name... "
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#407074 Dec 5, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite true! As far as the Latin Mass goes, anyone who didn't understand the language had no problem because Missals back then had the English translation on the opposing pages. So much for those just nodding their heads as if they understood when they didn't. What a crock! Another fairy tale from the faux "former Catholic". I feel sorry for the gullible protestants who believe them.
lol. The fairy tales are flying. These are the same folks who believe if it's on the internet it has to be true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Buck Crick 749,849
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 10 min Paul really is dead 2,911
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 11 min Kid_Tomorrow 131
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 34 min bacon hater 96,065
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 44 min bacon hater 37,246
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 48 min Pegasus the Patriot 261,601
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 50 min Dave Nelson 229,858
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 1 hr ffort 116
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 11 hr nikki 124

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE