Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637823 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#406619 Dec 3, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You just judged the Catholic Church and everyone in it in order to side with someone who mocks Christ on a daily basis. He's been playing you like a fiddle and you're allowing it as he feeds the hatred within you which is destroying your soul right before our eyes. You just went to bed with satan, my dear. Preston knew better than to do something like that.
You seem to have this thought in your head that catholicism makes the world go around. I am sure years ago most catholics would agree with you on many issues within the church. Today as you now know that is all changing.

1) MOST catholics do not attend mandatory sunday mass. Bishops conference in 2010 indicate that.

2) MOST catholics use or have used forms of birth control to plan their families so unwanted children aren't born.

3) Recently poll after poll indicates well over 50% of roman catholics in the USA favor same sex marriages.

4) VAST majority of catholic laity and many clergy favor optional celebacy.

5) Many roman catholics today favor women priests.

6) More catholic women per 1000 have abortions in america than protestant women.(I myself am pro-life)

There is nothing wrong with being a lone wolf Regina M. but as you can see catholic attitudes about church doctrines and rules and regulations are changing quickly. In the next few years as young catholics come along their attitudes too will reflect their own personal feelings about issues that disagree with the church.

You can be mad at those catholics but again its a new world and people are using their educated knowledge to decide for themselves, and not have an organization make all their decisions for them as you follow.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#406620 Dec 3, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I got to thinking to day, I cant discuss OSAS any more because of a deal that I made with church. I hate to discuss Baptism with Hank because I like him.

(snipped for space)
Good morning, Preston,

I like you, too, Preston...you know how I feel about you...zealous for the Lord....

When I speak the word "power," listen to these verses:

Matthew 3:11

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more <<<<<powerful >>>>> than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with [[[[[the Holy Spirit and fire.]]]]]

***powerful - Holy Spirit and fire

Mark 1:6-7

7 And this was his message:“After me comes the one more <<<<<powerful >>>>> than I, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie.

8 I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with [[[[[the Holy Spirit.”]]]]]

***powerful - Holy Spirit

Luke 3:16

16 John answered them all,“I baptize you with water. But one who is more <<<<<powerful >>>>> than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with [[[[[the Holy Spirit and fire.]]]]]

***powerful - Holy Spirit and fire

Luke 24:49

49 I am going to ~SEND~ you what my Father has ~PROMISED;~ but STAY in the city until you have been clothed with ~POWER~ from on high.”

***stay in the city - clothed with POWER from on high

Acts 1:2

2 until the day he was taken up to heaven,~~~~~after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit to the apostles he had chosen.~~~~~

***after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit - APOSTLES

Acts 1:4

4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command:“Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.

***COMMAND - DO NOT LEAVE - stay - gift my Father promised - power - SPEAK ABOUT

Acts 1:5

5 For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”

***few days - baptized with the Holy Spirit

Acts 1:8

8 But you ~WILL~ receive <<<<<POWER >>>>> when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

***will receive power - when the Holy Spirit comes on you

THIS IS WHAT THE APOSTLES WHERE WAITING FOR.....

Acts 2:1-4

1 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place.

2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.

3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.

4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.(POWER)

Acts 4:33

33 With great <<<<<power >>>>> the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all

***great POWER - apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus - WITNESSES - God's grace POWERFULLY at work IN THEM ALL

Acts 6:8

8 Now Stephen, a man full of God’s grace and <<<<<power,> >>>> [[[[[performed great wonders and signs among the people.]]]]]

***POWER - performed great WONDERS and SIGNS among the people

Acts 9:22

22 Yet Saul grew more and more <<<<<powerful >>>>> and baffled the Jews living in Damascus by proving that Jesus is the Messiah.

***Saul - more and more POWERFUL

A chosen few obtain this kind of 'POWER' from God...

Now, look at John the Baptist....

John 10:41

41 and many people came to him. They said,“Though John never performed a sign, all that John said about this man was true.”

***John NEVER performed a sign....

Just explaining myself concerning the word 'POWER' in which we DO NOT receive this kind of power at baptism today....

Nothing to argue about...discussing the Word of God...any time...

I pray people will make the connection....
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#406621 Dec 3, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is running out.
For YOU---"yes"--it SURE is!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#406622 Dec 3, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Our wives are the greatest blessing God has given us. My wife said she weeped on the floor of our home after she returned from the hospital where I had tubes in me. They thought I would go that night. She now takes care of me. Praise God !!!
Great to be bck and joking around with you.
better than 3 hospitals.
Amen!!!

A great wife IS a BLESSING from God...

Praying that our Lord will restore your health, Herme....

Blessings!
Clay

Denver, CO

#406623 Dec 3, 2012
4GVN wrote:
It goes way beyond illogical to believe that Jesus(the greatest teacher who ever lived) spent 3 and a half years with his disciples and taught them all about spiritual matters and about heaven and about hell. And taught them what a man must do to be saved and go to heaven that Jesus prepared for them. But somehow 'forgot' to mention a place as important as purgatory which is the only way that a sinful man can attain heaven. Scripture, nor any of the apostles tell us of this place. No one has ever been to this place and come back to tell us about it. But we are supposed to believe that it is real, and only the Catholics know about it.:{
There are a few other things Jesus 'forgot' to tell the Apostles.
One was to compile a bible, print it, and pass it out to you guys to determine your own Christianity.

Purgatory is biblical. It makes too much sense logically as well. Nothing unclean shall enter Heaven. If you so arrogantly think you're clean, then you're in for a rude awakening.

Why don't you keep it real with everybody. You're asking people to completely ignore the first 1,800 yrs of Christianity, and follow your take on it - based on what YOU think the bible is saying.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#406624 Dec 3, 2012
4GVN wrote:
QUOTE who="preston"]<qu oted text>and I dont mean to brag, but......YOU CAN'T HELP YOURSELF!
she made this statement to me.
"people either love you or they hate you, no in between"..........
AND EVERYONE ON HERE KNOWS WHICH ONE IT IS!
Is this something that God/Jesus would say about His creation?

Hate is a mighty strong word.....

Does God hate us, 4GVN???

Hmmmmm.....

I thought it was SIN that God hates...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#406625 Dec 3, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO.....most of what you believe today is not practiced by those in your faith.
VAST majority of roman catholics practice or have used forms of birth control the church says is sinful.
Millions of catholics are divorced and have new partners.
The bishops have indicated across america that 3/4 of all roman catholics do not practice their faith as required.
MOST roman catholics today support same sex marriage.
http://ncronline.org/blogs/grace-margins/why-...
.....you and other catholics who still support the tenets, rules and regulations of your church are disappearing faster than the door to door milkman did back in 1960.
I know its my fault catholics are leaving.
Your comments are "more laughable" than a 3 stooges comedy act. You Michael are "so out of touch and out of date" with these
"exaggerated and distorted" statistics that you have "no idea" as to what you are taking about!! Millions upon millions of Catholics who have been "duped" by the liberal media (and people like you) are attending Mass in "greater numbers" than ever before in response to the New Evangelization in the Catholic Church. But you wouldn't know ANY of this because you, Michael, are so "caught up" in your anti-catholic anger, vengence and hate that you will "dig up" ANYTHING that some "hack liberal writer" will publish in order to undermine Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church. Stop and think, Michael,(if that is possible). For over 2000 years,anti-Catholic heretics, false teachers, distorted preaching ministers and liberal "liars" have come and gone---YET---THE CHURCH LIVES ON!!--and will "continue" to exist (and grow) despite people like you!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#406626 Dec 3, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>And with Christ's shed blood they are unneccesary.
And, you, 4GVN, want to argue with God and tell Him that His plan is useless....
Clay

Denver, CO

#406627 Dec 3, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO.....most of what you believe today is not practiced by those in your faith.
VAST majority of roman catholics practice or have used forms of birth control the church says is sinful.
Millions of catholics are divorced and have new partners.
The bishops have indicated across america that 3/4 of all roman catholics do not practice their faith as required.
MOST roman catholics today support same sex marriage.
http://ncronline.org/blogs/grace-margins/why-...
.....you and other catholics who still support the tenets, rules and regulations of your church are disappearing faster than the door to door milkman did back in 1960.
I know its my fault catholics are leaving.
I don't remember the Apostles spreading the faith and then asking the people to take a vote on their teachings. Lol. Silly

Ncr online? Um ok. I believe the Church sued ncr online for using 'catholic' in their address. I can't remember. Either way... They are not Catholic in belief. If they are still claiming to be Catholic, they need to pack up and leave and start their own religion like the Protestants do.
The Church will never be dictated by popular culture. Do you understand that? That's precisely why I know its the true religion.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#406628 Dec 3, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
I gotta hand it to you Preston , we disagree on a lot, but you can always make my day with your sense of humor. I'd love the chance to buy you a non-alcoholic beer one day. Keep on fightin' the good fight my friend .
lol....

That is great Anthony!
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#406629 Dec 3, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>whoa, back up liar.
you and I made an agreement to be nice to each other, YOU BROKE IT BY LYING AND SAYING THAT I WAS ATTACKING ORVILLE AND I SHOWED YOU DIFFERENTLY.
YOU BROKE THE AGREEMENT , NOT ME.
YOU LIED BY BREAKING THAT OATH AND WE HAVE WENT OVER HIS BEFORE.
I dont believe that you have one ounce of decency in your frail body. did your drunk husband beat it out of you?
you are full of lies.
Preston , yes I was the one who spoke out against your nasty remarks to Orville, and confrinting and his dear wife.
I did break what you called our agreement that is true.
I have been married to the same man for 42 years Preston , he is my second husband. He is a very gentle kind man who I love dearly
My first husband, beat me daily for 7 years give or take, starved me and our 3 children and put me in a hospital for a month once, and just over a week once. I had teeth kicked out, nearly drowned in a tub of water, woke up with a Bowing knife pressed against my Adams apple. I was not allowed to wear my glasses, if I was out on the street with him I dear not look up if a man was there he would beat me all the way home and accuse me of staring at him.If I went to a beach I had to sit with a blanket wrapped around me, I was not allowed to go in the water.
Wasn't allowed to watch T.V. just in case there was a good looking man on there and I got turned on by him .
Everything is about control Preston. He was denonced as my Childrens father in court, and was never allowed near me or them, he was so violent.
I have just told you a few things Preston, the good thing is it doesn't even make me flich any more.
I pray fore him, just like I pray for you. I think what makes me dislike you Preston is you want to be in control, you have what I call an acid tongue my Mother did to. she used words to hurt people like you. What my husband did with his fist you and my Mother do with your mouth.
It bothers me when you talk about my brothers and sisters in the Lord, and use vile words against them just because they don't agree with you, and that is really what you are all about its Prestons way or watch out.
If others have attacked you with unkind word as I have, you have to take some of the blame, you provoke them.
You crush your testemony 100 times over Preston , with your nasty remarks.
I take responsiblity for what I have said myself that was out of charachter for a christian, I will not make any excuses my what I have said or do I am guilty.
Now today is a new day, God's Grace and Mercy is fresh each and every morning, I am going to drink from the living waters I am very thirty. May the Good Lord be Praised,
I had to run for my life with 3 children several times, because people kept telling him were we were.
One night he got on the wrong balcony and the lady called the police and he was arrested, and went to jail.
Michael

Canada

#406630 Dec 3, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments are "more laughable" than a 3 stooges comedy act. You Michael are "so out of touch and out of date" with these
"exaggerated and distorted" statistics that you have "no idea" as to what you are taking about!! Millions upon millions of Catholics who have been "duped" by the liberal media (and people like you) are attending Mass in "greater numbers" than ever before in response to the New Evangelization in the Catholic Church. But you wouldn't know ANY of this because you, Michael, are so "caught up" in your anti-catholic anger, vengence and hate that you will "dig up" ANYTHING that some "hack liberal writer" will publish in order to undermine Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church. Stop and think, Michael,(if that is possible). For over 2000 years,anti-Catholic heretics, false teachers, distorted preaching ministers and liberal "liars" have come and gone---YET---THE CHURCH LIVES ON!!--and will "continue" to exist (and grow) despite people like you!!
So, you disagree with what the OFFICIAL CATHOLIC DIRECTORY STATES (OCD) and what the VATICANS ANNUARIUM STATISTICUM ECCLESIA (ASG) says........you don't believe them?

You a catholic disagreeing with the catholic churches official directory, and the VATICAN STATISTICUM! YIKES!

LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#406631 Dec 3, 2012
Not by Might Not by Power, but by the Spirit of the Lord.

THE HOLY SPIRIT AND HIS GRACE

Growing in the Grace of God, is about the Holy Spirit and the grace of God. This session builds on the foundation of the previous study on living daily by the grace of God. Last time we addressed the question,“How do we live day by day by the grace of God?” This study will provide another perspective in answering that question. This second angle is that the Holy Spirit must be at work in us and on us and through us applying the grace of God to our personal lives. There is a very profound relationship between the Spirit of God and the grace of God.

This is first seen in Zechariah 4:6, 7. The Scripture here demonstrates the correlation between the God’s Spirit and His grace:

6So he answered and said to me: "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel:'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the LORD of hosts. 7'Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain! And he shall bring forth the capstone with shouts of "Grace, grace to it!"' " (Zec 4:6-7)

The work of the Spirit of God relates directly to the grace of God. It is impossible to walk in the grace of God without the work of the Spirit of God. Whenever the Spirit of God is at work in us, it is the grace of God that is being provided. The word of the Lord to His people was,“Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit.” The Holy Spirit must be the dynamic agent in the work of building Christ’s church. This Scripture references a time when Zerubbabel was leading the people back from captivity into the Promised Land so that they would rebuild the temple of God. This act was to be done not by the might and power of man, but by the work of the Holy Spirit.

Today, we are the temple of the Living God. The building up of the church—the building up of our lives—is not by our might or power, but by the work of the very Spirit of God.

Amen
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#406632 Dec 3, 2012
Bob Hoekstra The Holy Spirit and the Grace of God
----------

Click here for an expanded study in RealAudio

Opening Prayer

Father, we give You thanks. We give You praise and glory. We give You honor. We also come humbly before You admitting our great need for You. Not simply a partial need, Lord, but a comprehensive, deep, constant, and daily need. Thank You that You give grace to the humble. And so we humble ourselves before You and ask that You would pour out Your grace in mighty measures today. Graciously speaking to us. Graciously touching our hearts. Graciously working in us to will and to do according to Your good pleasure. And graciously, transforming our lives to the image of Jesus Christ. By Your Holy Spirit, unfold Your Word and make it alive to us. And Lord, we confess that we can only live by every word that proceeds from Your mouth. So speak to us. We are ready to hear what you have to say. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#406633 Dec 3, 2012
marge wrote:
Thank you Jesus!!!
04Dec12.....

......BobLobla is a Roman Catholic...

Ps:....and you 'smarge' are a fake and a schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#406634 Dec 3, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you disagree with what the OFFICIAL CATHOLIC DIRECTORY STATES (OCD) and what the VATICANS ANNUARIUM STATISTICUM ECCLESIA (ASG) says........you don't believe them?
You a catholic disagreeing with the catholic churches official directory, and the VATICAN STATISTICUM! YIKES!
The Catholic Directory is as "out of date" as you are Michael. Statistics, polls, surveys, studies and samplings have as much credibility, truth and authenticity as "your own" personal distorted opinion,----- which is "zilch"...... All one has to do is to look at the polls that were taken prior to the presidential, to see how inaccurate surveys and samplings (REALLY ARE). Most polls projected Romney as the winner.-----So with that in mind, why don't you "Go and "play" you anti-catholic statistic (poll games) with the other 42,000+ Protestants on this forum.---You can all cry, complain, pout, grieve and find fault with each other as ALL OF YOU continue to live in the "bondage of anti-catholic hostility, venegence and hate,(feeling sorry for yourselves" with and against each other.----The only sympathy that we have for you is to "continue" our commitment to God, Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church, "continuing to pray for you, Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian1, OLDJG, jethro8, and the rest of you "Catholic Bashers" that God (through His Son Jesus) with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit will work HIS Miracle of healing in your hearts, mind and souls, to come the TRUTH of Salvation!!
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#406635 Dec 3, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ltm big sister,
Don't worry about Preston, he will curse us whether we talk to him or not it's what his Father the devil does because he can't touch us.
Many blessings to you Sis you and your family, I love you:)
04Dec12.....

.....ListenUp. Yer sittin' in da wrong phew.

.....and just 'how' can you love someBody on a TOPIX Forum, ya eeejit.

Ps:....You are fulla schidt to the eyeballs.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#406636 Dec 3, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says.....
Michael---YOU ARE THE ONE who consistently throws around (bogus and exaggerated)% numbers of Catholics who (say that they believe or don't believe this or that)
MICHAEL says....
Not true my friend. Below is where I get much of my information. Catholic news sources.
....CARA gets many inquiries from The Roman
Catholic Church and the media about the numbers for vocations, seminary enrollments, priests and vowed religious, parishes, Mass attendance, schools and the Catholic population.
Below are some comparative statistics from 1965. Generally, these data reflect the situation at the beginning of the calendar year listed. The sources for this information include The Official Catholic Directory (OCD), the Vatican's Annuarium Statisticum Ecclesiae (ASE), and other CARA research and databases. All data are cross checked as much as possible. For the U.S, the numbers reported here include only figures for those 195 dioceses or eparchies who belong to the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This includes the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and all U.S. military personnel stationed overseas.
I would never give you false information Hojo. That is just wrong.
Just "distorted, exaggerated, twisted and perverted information, that is skewed and out of date!...Poll, statistics,and opinions that are UNBELIEVABLE!!!----(using your own rhetoric)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#406637 Dec 3, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Now this I will admit, most Christians do not go farther into seeking than the Bible.(Not because it may be a challenge, or contrary to their understanding.) They have no NEED, hierarchical need(in a real, psychological, and spiritual sense) to go farther....So they have a sense of satisfaction/completion in accomplishing what is in the Bible, and this "justifies" their works, while faith is justifed in Jesus Christ....
Does that make sense?
Unfortunately, it does.

It just goes to show how we get to choose what to believe, no matter how complete or incomplete one's belief may seem to theirself.

Cheers!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#406638 Dec 3, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a few other things Jesus 'forgot' to tell the Apostles.
One was to compile a bible, print it, and pass it out to you guys to determine your own Christianity.
Purgatory is biblical. It makes too much sense logically as well. Nothing unclean shall enter Heaven. If you so arrogantly think you're clean, then you're in for a rude awakening.
Why don't you keep it real with everybody. You're asking people to completely ignore the first 1,800 yrs of Christianity, and follow your take on it - based on what YOU think the bible is saying.
We would just be reading individual books tha pertained to the subject of Christ then right.

Compilring them I am sure was no big effort on mans part. Of course translating the may have too some effort during that time period only no big task today since knowledge has increased.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min Card Carrying Zio... 181,925
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Insults Are Easier 280,513
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min karl44 29,366
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min truth 618,234
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 20 min LAWEST100 44,211
Why was Prince cremated SO SOON after autopsy??? 28 min andet1987 3
Play "end of the word" part 2 35 min andet1987 1,445
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Ooogah Boogah 968,837
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 13 hr Paul is dead sinc... 3,691
More from around the web