Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,658
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#406350 Dec 1, 2012
who seek my life must died..is that story going around..yes still some story..
be good
be bless
be bless
be bless
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#406351 Dec 1, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
There are no successors to the Apostles..there are no apostolic protege's
The bible does not authorize or appoint any.
The person that we are to BE like...
AND FOLLOW IS JESUS...
THE ONE THAT .(guides us in all truth ) IS THE HOLY SPIRIT...
The one that is the objective/focus of our christian faith ...is OUR HEAVENLY FATHER.
There are no CORRUPTIBLE middle men ....NO VICARS, NO CARDINALS NO BLUE JAYS.WRENS NOR SPARROWS..AND CERTAINLY NO MAG-PIES..OR PAPAL PARROTS.
You are aware Kay, that Apostolic succession gave us the New Testament, aren't you?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#406352 Dec 1, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
AND FOLLOW IS JESUS...
The one that is the objective/focus of our christian faith ...is OUR HEAVENLY FATHER.
There are no CORRUPTIBLE middle men ....NO VICARS, NO CARDINALS NO BLUE JAYS.WRENS NOR SPARROWS..AND CERTAINLY NO MAG-PIES..OR PAPAL PARROTS.
~~~

THE FIVE FOLD MINISTRY WAS PRESENTED TO THE CHURCH AFTER THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS...

READ IT FOR YOURSELF

Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

Eph 4:10 He/JESUS that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Eph 4:11 And he/JESUS gave some,

1.apostles; and

2.some, prophets; and

3.some, evangelists; and

4.some, pastors and

5 teachers;

Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

Eph 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

NOTE

Eph 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and

have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#406353 Dec 1, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
AND FOLLOW IS JESUS...
So its puzzling when you say "the Bible does not authorize or appoint any"
Do you see how a person like me, could never take you serious when you ignore such simple truths?
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#406354 Dec 1, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who makes the decision when a person is experienced enough to be considered a 'successor to the Apostles'? You and your husband?
Come on Kay,.
ST. IRENAEUS OF LYON (c. 180-199 AD)

"It is possible, then, for everyone in every Church, who may wish to know the truth, to contemplate the tradition of the Apostles which has been made known throughout the whole world. And we are in a position to enumerate those who were instituted bishops by the Apostles, and their successors to our own times: men who neither knew nor taught anything like these heretics rave about. For if the Apostles had known hidden mysteries which they taught to the elite secretly and apart from the rest, they would have handed them down especially to those very ones to whom they were committing the self-same Churches. For surely they wished all those and their successors to be perfect and without reproach, to whom they handed on their authority.

"But since it would be too long to enumerate in such a volume as this the successions of all the Churches, we shall confound all those who, in whatever manner, whether through self-satisfaction or vainglory, or through blindness and wicked opinion, assemble other than where it is proper, by pointing out here the successions of the bishops of the greatest and most ancient Church known to all, founded and organized AT ROME by the two most glorious Apostles, Peter and Paul, that Church which has the tradition and the faith which comes down to us after having been announced to men by the Apostles. FOR WITH THIS CHURCH, BECAUSE OF ITS SUPERIOR ORIGIN [or "preeminent authority"] ALL CHURCHES MUST AGREE, THAT IS, ALL THE FAITHFUL IN THE WHOLE WORLD; AND IT IS IN HER THAT THE FAITHFUL EVERYWHERE HAVE MAINTAINED THE APOSTOLIC TRADITION." [then follows a list of successors to Peter as bishops of Rome](Against Heresies 3:3:1-3)

Have to go just passing through. For your edification you may wish to read the links I just posted for Robert. Its all good. Good Night.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#406355 Dec 1, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
THE FIVE FOLD MINISTRY WAS PRESENTED TO THE CHURCH AFTER THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS...
READ IT FOR YOURSELF
Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
Eph 4:10 He/JESUS that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
1.apostles; and
2.some, prophets; and
3.some, evangelists; and
4.some, pastors and
5 teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
NOTE
But you say there is no such thing as Apostolic succession. Yet, 35 Popes lived and died (most killed) before there was a New Testament?
How do you answer this without lying?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#406356 Dec 1, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
ST. IRENAEUS OF LYON (c. 180-199 AD)
"It is possible, then, for everyone in every Church, who may wish to know the truth, to contemplate the tradition of the Apostles which has been made known throughout the whole world. And we are in a position to enumerate those who were instituted bishops by the Apostles, and their successors to our own times: men who neither knew nor taught anything like these heretics rave about. For if the Apostles had known hidden mysteries which they taught to the elite secretly and apart from the rest, they would have handed them down especially to those very ones to whom they were committing the self-same Churches. For surely they wished all those and their successors to be perfect and without reproach, to whom they handed on their authority.
"But since it would be too long to enumerate in such a volume as this the successions of all the Churches, we shall confound all those who, in whatever manner, whether through self-satisfaction or vainglory, or through blindness and wicked opinion, assemble other than where it is proper, by pointing out here the successions of the bishops of the greatest and most ancient Church known to all, founded and organized AT ROME by the two most glorious Apostles, Peter and Paul, that Church which has the tradition and the faith which comes down to us after having been announced to men by the Apostles. FOR WITH THIS CHURCH, BECAUSE OF ITS SUPERIOR ORIGIN [or "preeminent authority"] ALL CHURCHES MUST AGREE, THAT IS, ALL THE FAITHFUL IN THE WHOLE WORLD; AND IT IS IN HER THAT THE FAITHFUL EVERYWHERE HAVE MAINTAINED THE APOSTOLIC TRADITION." [then follows a list of successors to Peter as bishops of Rome](Against Heresies 3:3:1-3)
Have to go just passing through. For your edification you may wish to read the links I just posted for Robert. Its all good. Good Night.
Just noticed you live in Saint Paul (according to Topix). Do ya?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#406357 Dec 1, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Your hypothesis is that the apostles and JESUS did not teach everything that was neccessary and therefore the 'church' provided the missing info. So where is this missing info. It is surely recorded somewhere. And is there scripture to support your hypothesis? But does it not make much more sense to believe that Jesus was smart enough to teach the neccessary, important things. The things that were neccessary for salvation and for fellowship. Would you not agree that there could be a vast amount of teaching in three and a half years. DAY AND NIGHT. Is there ONE scripture that tells us to SEEK TRUTH from the church? Or was all of Jesus teaching directing us to the scriptures. Jesus said when quoting scriptures many times 'GOD SAID'. Did He ever refer to the chruch and say that it is 'God's word? While I am in total agreement with you that initially the APOSTLES and disciples taught what they had PERSONALLY learned at the feet of Jesus. ALL that God had ordained to be recorded was put into scripture. There are NO other apostles. Only the originals. Jesus said Thy WORD O' God is truth. NOT the Church O' God is truth.
4gvn regarding the below comment I have clipped from your entire post:

"Your hypothesis is that the apostles and JESUS did not teach everything that was neccessary and therefore the 'church' provided the missing info. So where is this missing info. It is surely recorded somewhere. And is there scripture to support your hypothesis?"

For your reference:

Scripture informs us that not everything that Jesus said and did was recorded in the New Testament. John wrote.

Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book. But these are written so that you may come to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that through believing you may have life in his name (John 20:30,31).

John also wrote:
Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written (John 21:25).
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#406358 Dec 1, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
AND FOLLOW IS JESUS...
Kay, I want you to cut through the crap, and explain your opinion on how the Bible was born.
Would it horror you if you realized a Pope (Damasaeus) over saw the compilation of the New Testament canon? 400 A.D

Do you ever think about the fact that - although the first Christian Bible was completed 400 yrs after Christ - but the second one? who knows? It could of been another hundred yrs.

If you understand this, then Protestant la la land comes crashing down. Don't fear the Catholic Church. What your husband has told you about us is wrong.
preston

Waverly, OH

#406359 Dec 1, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You used the "f" word???!!!! On topix??!!
Oh, Preston!!!!!!!!
yes, I did.

f as in fraud.lol.

and she thanked me for not using it as far as they are concerned.and now you gave ammo for LTM and marge to use against me.

no telling what they will say about my usage of that "f" word.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#406360 Dec 1, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>get back in line, I saw her first.
Hey now! lol
preston

Waverly, OH

#406361 Dec 1, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You used the "f" word???!!!! On topix??!!
Oh, Preston!!!!!!!!
confrinting with the word
"GOD IS FAITHFUL."

"JOHN 14: 2" --"MATT 10:27"
Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
1 hr ago Judged:

who="preston" and i hope that two people who live in Pa have noticed that I havent used that word that starts with an f for several days.
which I kinda agreed with kay marie about the other night.

We certainly did notice, Preston, and appreciate it very much.

KayMarie

#406362 Dec 1, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So its puzzling when you say "the Bible does not authorize or appoint any"
Do you see how a person like me, could never take you serious when you ignore such simple truths?
~~~

Rom 1:14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.

Rom 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

Rom 1:16 -->For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 1:17 -->For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written,

The just shall live by faith.

Rom 1:18 --> For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

~~~

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

WARNING

JUST BECAUSE THE WRATH OF GOD HAS NOT YET COME UPON YOU ...DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT WONT..
preston

Waverly, OH

#406363 Dec 1, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey now! lol
I hope she stays, we could learn something about our joint history.

and I will be extra nice.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#406364 Dec 1, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
READ IT FOR YOURSELF
1.apostles; and
2.some, prophets; and
3.some, evangelists; and
4.some, pastors and
5 teachers;
NOTE
Come on Con. How long have you been on here? You know they don't read, or understand or regard scripture unless it is sprinkled in amonst the pages of thier cathacism. But it is an excellent portion of scripture none the less. Wonder why it left out cardinals and popes?:)
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#406365 Dec 1, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Just noticed you live in Saint Paul (according to Topix). Do ya?
I lived in St. Paul for a while.

#406366 Dec 1, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Come on Con. How long have you been on here? You know they don't read, or understand or regard scripture unless it is sprinkled in amonst the pages of thier cathacism. But it is an excellent portion of scripture none the less. Wonder why it left out cardinals and popes?:)
~~~

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and

-->men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. <---

Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#406367 Dec 1, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
4gvn regarding the below comment I have clipped from your entire post:
"Your hypothesis is that the apostles and JESUS did not teach everything that was neccessary and therefore the 'church' provided the missing info. So where is this missing info. It is surely recorded somewhere. And is there scripture to support your hypothesis?"
For your reference:
Scripture informs us that not everything that Jesus said and did was recorded in the New Testament. John wrote.
Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book. But these are written so that you may come to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that through believing you may have life in his name (John 20:30,31).
John also wrote:
Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written (John 21:25).
Yes, Hermi, I am well aware of these passages. And I have not problem with them. But there is no indication that God intended for us to have every thing that Jesus did or that any one else has a knowledge of those events outside of the inspired writings of sacred scripture. What God has given us ,He said is sufficient.'That the man of God may be COMPLETELY equipped for all good works.' There is no reason to presume that those unrecorded things that Jesus did will be revealed elsewhere. How ya feeling?
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#406368 Dec 1, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>yes, I did.
f as in fraud.lol.
and she thanked me for not using it as far as they are concerned.and now you gave ammo for LTM and marge to use against me.
no telling what they will say about my usage of that "f" word.
Ohhh, THAT 'f' word! Well, thank goodness! I knew it didn't sound like something you'd say.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#406369 Dec 1, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Karen. Pope John Paul II called you guys "our older brothers and sisters; the first to hear the word of God"
I'm Catholic and respect the Jewish faith.
But beware. There are others on here, who claim to be Christian, that will send you to hell. But don't worry, we Catholics will be there to (according to them).
Clay with all do respect there is no one on this thread that has the authority to say who will or won't go to Heaven or hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessari... 739,675
poppyseeddreams cust service 20 min London Poppy Day 4
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 45 min Thinking 227,561
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 1 hr bacon hater 1,101
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ1 259,549
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ1 36,887
Hollywood Libtards dedicated to ASSIST in destr... 2 hr A Tree 4
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr STU PIDE ASS Xposed 95,523
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 16 hr Joana 150

Top Stories People Search