Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667936 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#406586 Dec 2, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you will never be man enough that God would grace your presence with a lady as nice and humble as my wife is.
and lest I forget, as a bride, her beauty was breathtaking.
and at work, many of her patients do call her their angel of mercy, all 5.2 of her.
And God graced you with her because(you are man enough). I bet God is so grateful to you for everything you are. When you saw Him on that plane did He just drop in to to praise you and tell you He couldn't do all He does without you? So she's an angel. We all make mistakes. I am sure she realizes hers.
preston

Athens, OH

#406587 Dec 2, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>His poor( and I do mean poor) wife probably doesn't get to say much at all. She is to busy apologizing for the idiot she married. lol Like I haave told you before LTM,just because a dog barks does not mean you have to answer it. Nuff said.
and I dont mean to brag, but you use a very poor choice of a word in saying that my wife is poor.

when I got saved, He told me that He would Save her also and that I would be blessed in all that I set my hands too.

and I have, and the next afternoon, on the main street of my hometown, God Saved Cathie, and a few years ago, our assets ,just from that time of our joint Savation,have approached almost a million dollars.

so she isnt poor, either financially or Spiritualy.

and if she only had a dollar in her bank account, she still would be richer than a morally bankrupt individual such as you are.

and no she never has to apologize for me. she made this statement to me.

"people either love you or they hate you, no in between"
and I must say, I agree with her assessment.

People love the Truth or they hate the Truth.

and I am so pleased that people like you, marge and LTM hate me.

that makes my day.

I would really be worried about my soul if I was loved by degenerates like you three.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#406588 Dec 2, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>and if any person on this forum knows anything about being "High", it would be Marge
WELL AT LEAST SHE WAS NOT ACCUSED OF SELLING IT OR PROVIDING TO SOMEONE LIKE YOU WERE. I am sure the family had liable cause and justified in doing so. Family members concerned about their loved ones would not just make something like that up.
What are you growing on that farm that you have renting to this drug dealer watching over it for you ?
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#406589 Dec 2, 2012
REGINA, how many hours of your day do you spend just lurking on Topix posting little judges?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#406590 Dec 2, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible says "absolutely nothing" about the negativity, heresy or lies that you are spreading about Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church......ONLY WHAT YOU."MAKE UP" ON YOUR OWN!!... ANYONE can see that "everytime" you make a "derogatory comment" and list a bunch of (unrelated) bible verses that you continue to reach the depths "of new lows" in your "condemning and judgmental" heretical ministry. You also have become an "expert fraud" in inserting the word "Catholic" ---any place in the bible----wherever and whenever it supports and fits into your "vengence and hatred" for Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church..... You, Confrinting are the most condemning, judgmental and deceitful (half-truth) Christian that I have ever had the "displeasure" of meeting! Take a lesson "example" from your wife KayMarie! As I have told you before, "she is the only TRUE Christian in your family.
~~~

THE BIBLE SAYS...IN THE BOOK OF JUDE JESUS BROTHER WROTE

Jud 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Jud 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

Jud 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Jud 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Jud 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#406591 Dec 2, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you will never be man enough that God would grace your presence with a lady as nice and humble as my wife is.
and lest I forget, as a bride, her beauty was breathtaking.
and at work, many of her patients do call her their angel of mercy, all 5.2 of her.
My wife is 5 ft 1 inch. Why didnt we go just a little shorter and get ourselves a little person? I have a plan for when I am shown at the funeral home. am going to pay a kncock out female dwarf to walk into the funeral home in spiked heels. Every head will turn. She will walk up to me in the casket. Start sobbing uncontrollably and say "he was the best lover I ever had", then leave.Whatcha think???
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#406592 Dec 2, 2012
QUOTE who="preston"]<qu oted text>and I dont mean to brag, but......YOU CAN'T HELP YOURSELF!
she made this statement to me.
"people either love you or they hate you, no in between"..........
AND EVERYONE ON HERE KNOWS WHICH ONE IT IS!
preston

Athens, OH

#406593 Dec 2, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>' In the latter days there shall come those who will give heed to seducing spirits, teaching for doctrine the commandments of men.
Teaching to abstain from meat.(what other 'church' teaches thier people to 'abstain from meat on certain days)?
And forbidding to marry.(Again, who in all christiandom forbid any of thier people to marry?)
if you believe it relates to catholcism, then explain why their popes have not married for centuries,but Barnes clearly indicates that this would be in the latter or last days.

so can you prove your accusation?

The meaning then will be, "In the last days certain persons will depart from the faith of the gospel. this from 1 tim 4:2
http://bible.cc/1_timothy/4-2.htm .

as I have told LTM and gif, it is easy to make accusations without proof

Going to bed, will read your response and proof in the morning, if you can prove your accusation, that is.lol
Anthony MN

United States

#406594 Dec 2, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, fraid you just don't get it. It is not Jesus' sacrifice plus anything. His sacrifice was all sufficient. Nothing but the blood of Jesus. And "PURGATORY" IS NOT A SACRAMENT. In fact, purgatory is not anything. Just a false hope for those who don't trust fully in Jesus. You know, kind of like limbo. Jesus said thier sins would not be forgiven in this life or the next. But you say they will be forgiven in the nest life.
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Yeah. We've been over this a few times already. if Jesus just showed up and went to the cross, and nothing was required of us, every human being would automatically be save for all eternity. We both agree that we're required to do something more, admit it, we just disagree as to what that is. The Catholic Church has for 2000 years said one thing, your southern baptist denomination has said another for about 100.
truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#406595 Dec 2, 2012
Please tell me!
Why Jesus Christ walk between sinners?
Why he come between poor humans as well horrible sinners..why?
His purpose is?!= save us or judge us..
I think..our lovely Creator know who can take hardship as well much more harder cross then anyone.

Why we choose life like this?

Its ok if you can't understood or don't wanted..many unfortunate people exist in this world..simple left no-where..yes yes yes i say so often necu=no..but i think that i say no too my man..much before i come before on this parts of this world.
Just one moment before i sleep off from trouble..its just tiny mistake why i choose like this.
Did I fill sorry..no i don't fill sorry..if i fill sorry then i will stop love what is most precious for me..3x life which i give from my soul too.

Who told you God not love us?

If not like that we will be destroy totally long time ago.
preston

Athens, OH

#406596 Dec 2, 2012
4GVN wrote:
QUOTE who="preston"]<qu oted text>and I dont mean to brag, but......YOU CAN'T HELP YOURSELF!
she made this statement to me.
"people either love you or they hate you, no in between"..........
AND EVERYONE ON HERE KNOWS WHICH ONE IT IS!
OH, there is a few that kinda like me.however this is a forum and not one person knows me, and only one knows what my voice even sounds like.lol

and that pretty well goes along with what Jesus is teaching.

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and {few ]there be that find it.

Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
KINDA LIKE LTM TAKING UP FOR ORVILLE the false prophet.lol
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#406597 Dec 2, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, you have to take your (BE NICE) meds on sunday to. Did the doctors not tell you that?
Yesterday you came on here almost in tears feeling guilty that you said negative things about confrinting.
Today you are a new man again! Your anger is back to high-level which is your normal.
It's going to take a lot fasting by Christian's who are keeping the commandments of God to exorcist his kind of demonic possesion.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#406598 Dec 2, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>' In the latter days there shall come those who will give heed to seducing spirits, teaching for doctrine the commandments of men.
Teaching to abstain from meat.(what other 'church' teaches thier people to 'abstain from meat on certain days)?
And forbidding to marry.(Again, who in all christiandom forbid any of thier people to marry?)
Yawn...St Paul since he advocated for celibacy must have been evil to you. However there are Protestant sects today that require vegetarianism, but the Catholic Church most certainly does not fit the description. Even in abstinence on a certain day it is not a doctrine but a discipline and it was a common practice. A protestant Canard card of the highest order.

Forbidding to marry, to abstain from meats, &c. Here says St. Chrysostom[1] are foretold and denoted the heretics called Encratites, the Marcionites, Manicheans, &c. who condemned all marriages as evil, as may be seen in St. Irenæus, Epiphanius, St. Augustine, Theodoret, &c. These heretics held a god who was the author of good things, and another god who was the author or cause of all evils; among the latter they reckoned, marriages, fleshmeats, wine, &c. The doctrine of Catholics is quite different, when they condemn the marriages of priests and of such as have made a vow to God to lead always a single life; or when the Church forbids persons to eat flesh in Lent, or on fasting-days, unless their health require it. We hold that marriage in itself is not only honourable, but a sacrament of divine institution. We believe and profess that the same only true God is the author of all creatures which are good of themselves; that all eatables are to be eaten with thanksgiving, and none of them to be rejected, as coming from the author of evil. When we condemn priests for marrying, it is for breaking their vows and promises made to God of living unmarried, and of leading a more perfect life; we condemn them with the Scripture, which teaches us that vows made are to be kept; with St. Paul, who in the next chap.(ver. 12) teaches us, that they who break such vows incur their damnation. When the Church, which we are commanded to obey, enjoins abstinence from flesh, or puts a restraint as to the times of eating on days of humiliation and fasting, it is by way of self-denial and mortification: so that it is not the meats, but the transgression of the precept, that on such occasions defiles the consciences of the transgressors.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#406599 Dec 2, 2012
"You will object,(says St. Chrysostom) that we hinder persons from marrying; God forbid," &c. St. Augustine,(lib. 30. contra Faustum. chap. vi.) "You see (says he) the great difference in abstaining from meats for mortification sake, and as if God was not the author of them." We may observe that God, in the law of Moses, prohibited swine's flesh and many other eatables; and that even the apostles, in the Council of Jerusalem, forbad the Christians,(at least about Antioch) to eat at that time blood and things strangled; not that they were bad of themselves, as the Manicheans pretended.(Witham)--- St. Paul here speaks of the Gnostics and other ancient heretics, who absolutely condemned marriage and the use of all kind of meat, because they pretended that all flesh was from an evil principle: whereas the Church of God so far from condemning marriage, holds it to be a holy sacrament, and forbids it to none but such as by vow have chosen the better part: and prohibits not the use of any meats whatsoever, in proper times and seasons, though she does not judge all kinds of diet proper for days of fasting and penance.(Challoner)--- We may see in the earliest ages[centuries] of Christianity, that some of the most infamous and impure heretics that ever went out of the Church, condemned all marriage as unlawful, at the same time allowing the most unheard of abominations: men without religion, without faith, without modesty, without honour. See St. Clement of Alexandria, lib. 3. Strom.
http://haydock1859.tripod.com/id230.html

The Bible even contains precedents for cutting out all foods on occasion. This is the biblical discipline of fasting. Christ said that his followers would fast once he was taken away from them (Matt. 9:15), and he gave regulations concerning how people are to fast (Matt. 6:16-18).
http://www.armoredcatholic.com/Armored_Cathol...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#406600 Dec 2, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
text>
You just judged the Catholic Church and everyone in it in order to side with someone who mocks Christ on a daily basis. He's been playing you like a fiddle and you're allowing it as he feeds the hatred within you which is destroying your soul right before our eyes. You just went to bed with satan, my dear. Preston knew better than to do something like that.
How can you be sure Preston has not went to bed with Satan. Was yo there when the camera was rolling. According to the Catholic Doctrine anyone who is protestant is sleeping with Satan.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#406601 Dec 2, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>His poor( and I do mean poor) wife probably doesn't get to say much at all. She is to busy apologizing for the idiot she married. lol Like I haave told you before LTM,just because a dog barks does not mean you have to answer it. Nuff said.
I hear you 4gvn, for a while there I wasn't even reading his posts.
then he apologized I thought he was serious.
It was short lived.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#406602 Dec 2, 2012
4GVN wrote:
It goes way beyond illogical to believe that Jesus(the greatest teacher who ever lived) spent 3 and a half years with his disciples and taught them all about spiritual matters and about heaven and about hell. And taught them what a man must do to be saved and go to heaven that Jesus prepared for them. But somehow 'forgot' to mention a place as important as purgatory which is the only way that a sinful man can attain heaven. Scripture, nor any of the apostles tell us of this place. No one has ever been to this place and come back to tell us about it. But we are supposed to believe that it is real, and only the Catholics know about it.:{
If you believe in purgatory, you don't believe in Jesus,(in my best Tickle voice)

Tickle from "Moonshiners", the show.

Tickle for president! hee hee, sorry i'm so weird 4gvn:)
preston

Athens, OH

#406603 Dec 2, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>My wife is 5 ft 1 inch. Why didnt we go just a little shorter and get ourselves a little person? I have a plan for when I am shown at the funeral home. am going to pay a kncock out female dwarf to walk into the funeral home in spiked heels. Every head will turn. She will walk up to me in the casket. Start sobbing uncontrollably and say "he was the best lover I ever had", then leave.Whatcha think???
if you dont mind, I would kinda like it ,if she and i both go to be with the Lord together in the rapture.

If she isnt close or where I can talk to her, I get lonely for her, so i dont want to be seperated for even a short time.

sorry. HS

but glad that you feel good enough to post, was going to bed when i saw your post and had to reply.

a few months ago, I left the hospital and started to have pain in my chest and I took a Nitro, and the actual pain was not from my heart and it disagreed with me and i had a bad reaction, as I lost my vision and everything turned white due to my BP going down, and my wife got very scared, which was a feeling that your wife had when she was going to the hospital with you.

you and I are very lucky to have wives that love us and dont want to lose us.

My wife was praying and I remember her words very well as she cried out to the Lord and told Him that she didnt want to be a widow and asked Him to help me and when we got back to the hospital, my BP was back to normal and I could see again.
preston

Athens, OH

#406604 Dec 2, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>WELL AT LEAST SHE WAS NOT ACCUSED OF SELLING IT OR PROVIDING TO SOMEONE LIKE YOU WERE. I am sure the family had liable cause and justified in doing so. Family members concerned about their loved ones would not just make something like that up.
What are you growing on that farm that you have renting to this drug dealer watching over it for you ?
lol, I was wondering how long it would take for you to bring that up. if I had been guilty of doing that, would I have ever dared to mention it on this forum?

and just to give you more info, when i found out, I told our boss and he was let go.our company couldnt have people that were trusted with lots of money to be wasted.

and sorry to tell you, but eventually his mom found out the truth, and all was forgiven. he is now a very sucessful business man.lots of people tried it in college and grew up, and never used it again.

Mike is now a 32nd degree mason

and since you dont know her, you dont know if she shares or sells her stash that she buys in quanity. most people get started by buying a lot and selling enough to get theirs for nothing.

but who knows, not me nor you. one thing is certain, about this time, her posts get weird sometime.
preston

Athens, OH

#406605 Dec 2, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you 4gvn, for a while there I wasn't even reading his posts.
then he apologized I thought he was serious.
It was short lived.
whoa, back up liar.

you and I made an agreement to be nice to each other, YOU BROKE IT BY LYING AND SAYING THAT I WAS ATTACKING ORVILLE AND I SHOWED YOU DIFFERENTLY.

YOU BROKE THE AGREEMENT , NOT ME.

YOU LIED BY BREAKING THAT OATH AND WE HAVE WENT OVER HIS BEFORE.

I dont believe that you have one ounce of decency in your frail body. did your drunk husband beat it out of you?

you are full of lies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Charlie Sheen 286,074
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 5 min Mr About Town 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min Aura Mytha 92,710
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 33 min Sky Writer 31 183,628
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min Rider on the Storm 979,452
Everyone is a fool 1 hr Truthiness 4
Poll Why does bill clinton hold his mouth wide open? (Feb '08) 3 hr Mszymanski 16
More from around the web