Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,552
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Karen

Santa Monica, CA

#406324 Dec 1, 2012
When I go to my Jewish service I feel very close to God just as a catholic person would in their church. Jesus was a jew and worship in the temple and said many hebrew prays in his lifetime. I feel that Christian and Jewish faith community could learn a lot from each other.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#406325 Dec 1, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston , you should not cast stones. loose lips sink ships Preston and your ship is at the bottom of the river.
Your vile comments to others speak for them selfs and many on here agree with me.
Your like a cow who gives a good pail of milk then kicks it over.
You give the scripture and a good interpretation of them, then you defile them by calling people names, because they don't have the understand of them.
So keep your sermons and your pomps attitude. I am no longer interested in your Holier then thou crap.
Amen Sister! You pretty well got him pegged. He is one sick puppy.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#406326 Dec 1, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I told her last night that protestants also have them but it probably went over her head.
one is the sacrement of Baptism and the other is taking communion.
marge is on the same plane as LTM. neither know what they are talking about.
That's right, Protestants do have sacraments.
truth

Perth, Australia

#406327 Dec 1, 2012
because rich can't come in kingdom of god..is that you try tell me..
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#406328 Dec 1, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I did say I was leaving the forum a few times I did for a day or so once a little longer but I came back under my own name.
You have a serious problem Preston, you engage people in conversation and get in to a debate of some sort, the minute they don't agree with you you start to boost over how great Preston is .
People get feed up with you don't post for a few days and you continue to bad mouth them to other posters.
Knowing that sooner or later they are going to respond , thats all you need and you are down their throats with I am this and that and you are a lair an idiot etc etc etc. Thats your personality Preston you can't help it.
You need the attention, I don't have time to stroke you ego Preston . You may have alot of ailments and for that I am sorry, I am sorry about the child you lost, no one likes to see people hurt Preston, even an athiest doesn't.
Yes, I know about others who name call etc Preston but you are the one who says they are anointed of God to preach His Holy Word, I for one expected more from you. I would have loved to hear you preach the word of God, and learn because I believe you are very gifted .
to who much is give much is required Preston.
You fault me because you said I thought I was a preacher I never said that you did. Never called myself a preacher.
You crush people Preston, you step all over their desire to please God, do they know what you know probably not, but they could learn, no one will listen to a preacher who calls them an idiot or a lair because they are not as far along spiritual as you are.
God's Holy Spirit is gentle loving, forgiving, I don't see any of that in you.
Your condescending, rude, boostful, self righteous (JERK) yeah I called you a name it fits. I could think of another how about (JACK A---)
Amen Sister. Tell it like it is. lol He is a reproach to the Gospel and a pawn of SATAN.
truth

Perth, Australia

#406329 Dec 1, 2012
We know who first come..someone who try control every soul.. its going look as miracle like never before.
How you call that?=''wide way''!!!..no no no

Its not your real Creator.

This world don't liked God..they liked be bigger then God each and one of them.

Your Creator watching.

Creator don't need anyone of you..no.
Its very nice be poor as well lost.

by

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#406330 Dec 1, 2012
who="preston" and i hope that two people who live in Pa have noticed that I havent used that word that starts with an f for several days.
which I kinda agreed with kay marie about the other night.

We certainly did notice, Preston, and appreciate it very much.

KayMarie
truth

Perth, Australia

#406331 Dec 1, 2012
Remember that ..people liked be bigger then god..

''you are man not god''..

o well
its very nice be last as left alone..
''who is last will be first''
by
preston

Waverly, OH

#406332 Dec 1, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still making it either/or. If one believes, he would necessarily repent AND be baptized for the remission of his sins. This is the problem I see with the multiple fracturing that occurs in Protestantism. Each time a little piece of the puzzle is left out or tweaked.
If you don't consider baptism salvific, then why do you bother to do it? And why did St. Peter say that it remits sin? Christ never commanded anything just for the heck of it, because it was a nice 'symbol'.
How many times do you think we've discussed this on this forum? It must be a slow night for the both of us.
I got to thinking to day, I cant discuss OSAS any more because of a deal that I made with church. I hate to discuss Baptism with Hank because I like him.

I kinda like Clay so no arguments there.HOJO never includes me with the rest of these kooks so cant argue with him.
michael is a kibbitzer of the lowest level, so he isnt worth arguing with.anthony and I see yee to eye on a couple of people from Pa. so it is hard to argue with people that you got something in common with.

that just leaves the dofus duo of marge and LTM and they are so easy it isnt any fun
preston

Waverly, OH

#406333 Dec 1, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Amen Sister. Tell it like it is. lol He is a reproach to the Gospel and a pawn of SATAN.
in your opinion and all that you are doing is agreeing with a admitted liar.

so i should worry?

lol@u
truth

Perth, Australia

#406334 Dec 1, 2012
Don't have God before me!!!

How many Lord you have?

When night gone..its will be 2/3 sun and light only one parts night..where your soul rest..where?

Please tell me why i am liar?!!!
preston

Waverly, OH

#406335 Dec 1, 2012
Karen wrote:
When I go to my Jewish service I feel very close to God just as a catholic person would in their church. Jesus was a jew and worship in the temple and said many hebrew prays in his lifetime. I feel that Christian and Jewish faith community could learn a lot from each other.
welcome aboard, we have another lady by the name of Karen, hope you meet her.

I kinda agree with you. not certain how much you could learn from us but it is for certain that we can learn from you. I really enjoyed Zola Levitt and his teachings about jewish customs and how they relate to christianity

#406336 Dec 1, 2012
who="Robert F"
KayMarie good friend
Apostolic Succession....
I kind of just covered this with 4GVN, in two posts to him....
First Apostolic is from the Apostles....Now the point is, the Apostles were to start evangelizing the Church, and get the message out correctly from the start.
The problem comes in that they had to keep watch, and evangelize at the same time....
So Paul wrote a lot to keep them in line as he heard of their errors, even though they had the right message to begin with....(But could he cover all the problems in his letters?)Paul covered a lot of territory, and this is probably why we have so much written by him.
In sense, because of Paul, we have a pretty well defined picture of his preaching, and understand his beliefs, and theology. But he has not spoken to us directly....
So we need a direct connection to not just Paul, but all the Apostles, and not just in their "follow up" writings(which are part of the N.T.)....This is where Succession comes in....Does that make sense to you?

Not really, Robert. You see, the disciples were 'students' of Jesus; that is what disciple means: student.

An Apostle is a graduate. Paul said to not put a novice (newcomer) into a position of authority. He needs training/experience before being put in charge of young Christians. Some of the spiritual wrecks in ministry happen because a disciple was given authority before he 'graduated'.

Apostolic succession (Succession of Apostles) comes when disciples 'graduate'; when they are experienced in the ministry of CHRIST, not a club.

KayMarie

#406337 Dec 1, 2012
Date: Saturday, December 1, 2012, 9:09 PM

Fastest-growing faith on planet
is not what you think!

Learn about the spiritual 'Megashift' taking place in the world today
"This book is one of the most popular titles ever in the WND Superstore," said Joseph Farah, founder of WND. "In fact, it has been so big for so long that we got permission from the author to reprint it and make it available exclusively at WND."

If you have not already heard about the biggest religious movement in over 1500 years, you will - very soon.

It's the fastest-growing faith on the planet.

And it's not Islam.

Millions of miracles and an explosion of small, Spirit-powered churches are heralding this "Megashift" in Christianity, which has been described as a "vast, cleansing storm" coming to American from abroad.

This biblically-inspired, evangelical Christianity is sweeping through places like China, Africa, India and Southeast Asia – making it, by far, the fastest growing faith on the planet.

In "Megashift," author Jim Rutz coins a new phrase to define this fast-growing segment of the population. He calls them "core apostolics" – or "the new saints who are at the heart of the mushrooming kingdom of God."

Rutz makes the point that Christianity is overlooked as the fastest-growing faith in the world because most surveys look at the traditional Protestant denominations and the Roman Catholic Church while ignoring Christian believers who have no part of either.

He says there are 707 million "switched-on disciples" who fit into this new category and that this "church" is exploding in growth.

"The growing core of Christianity crosses theological lines and includes 707 million born-again people who are increasing by 8 percent a year," he says.

So fast is this group growing that, under current trends, according to Rutz, the entire world will be composed of such believers by the year 2032.

"There will be pockets of resistance and unforeseen breakthroughs," writes Rutz in"Megashift". "Still, at the rate we're growing now, to be comically precise, there would be more Christians than people by the autumn of 2032, about 8.2 billion."

According to the author, until 1960, Western evangelicals outnumbered non-Western evangelicals – mostly Latinos, blacks and Asians – by two to one. As of 2000, non-Western evangelicals outnumbered Westerners by four to one. That moved to seven to one this year.

"There are now more missionaries sent from non-Western nations than Western nations," he writes.

This trend, says Rutz, has been missed by Westerners because the explosive growth is elsewhere.

Hundreds of millions of these Christians are simply not associated with the institutional churches at all. They meet in homes. They meet underground. They meet in caves. They meet, he says, in secret.

And what is driving this movement?

Miracles, he says.

"Megashift" attempts to document myriad healings and other powerful answers to the sincere prayers of this new category of believer, including, believe it or not, hundreds of dramatic cases of resurrections – not near-death experiences, but real resurrections of actual corpses.

"When I was a kid in Sunday school, I was really impressed that 3,000 people were saved on the Day of Pentecost," he writes. "I thought,'Wow, that'll never happen again!'"

But, Rutz says, it now happens around the globe every 25 minutes.

"By tomorrow, there will be 175,000 more Christians than there are today," he writes.

continued

#406338 Dec 1, 2012
continued

The essence of "Megashift" is about how Western Christians can tap into what he sees as a mighty work of God on Earth.

"Very few people realize the nature of life on Earth is going through a major change," he writes. "We are seeing a megashift in the basic direction of human history. Until our time, the ancient war between good and evil was hardly better than a stalemate. Now all has changed. The Creator whose epic story flows through the pages of Scripture has begun to dissolve the strongholds of evil. This new drama is being played out every hour around the globe, accompanied sometimes by mind-bending miracles."
truth

Perth, Australia

#406339 Dec 1, 2012
Jesus cry and watching all of you..he watching your past today as well future=''wide way''.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#406340 Dec 1, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Robert F"
KayMarie good friend
Apostolic Succession....
I kind of just covered this with 4GVN, in two posts to him....
First Apostolic is from the Apostles....Now the point is, the Apostles were to start evangelizing the Church, and get the message out correctly from the start.
The problem comes in that they had to keep watch, and evangelize at the same time....
So Paul wrote a lot to keep them in line as he heard of their errors, even though they had the right message to begin with....(But could he cover all the problems in his letters?)Paul covered a lot of territory, and this is probably why we have so much written by him.
In sense, because of Paul, we have a pretty well defined picture of his preaching, and understand his beliefs, and theology. But he has not spoken to us directly....
So we need a direct connection to not just Paul, but all the Apostles, and not just in their "follow up" writings(which are part of the N.T.)....This is where Succession comes in....Does that make sense to you?
Not really, Robert. You see, the disciples were 'students' of Jesus; that is what disciple means: student.
An Apostle is a graduate. Paul said to not put a novice (newcomer) into a position of authority. He needs training/experience before being put in charge of young Christians. Some of the spiritual wrecks in ministry happen because a disciple was given authority before he 'graduated'.
Apostolic succession (Succession of Apostles) comes when disciples 'graduate'; when they are experienced in the ministry of CHRIST, not a club.
KayMarie
Who makes the decision when a person is experienced enough to be considered a 'successor to the Apostles'? You and your husband?
Come on Kay,.
truth

Perth, Australia

#406341 Dec 1, 2012
i am not care what others think..its within me..
i don't respect any more even if you tell me i love you..today don't have any meaning..

Why people liked be liars?

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#406342 Dec 1, 2012
Karen wrote:
Hi Karen. Pope John Paul II called you guys "our older brothers and sisters; the first to hear the word of God"

I'm Catholic and respect the Jewish faith.

But beware. There are others on here, who claim to be Christian, that will send you to hell. But don't worry, we Catholics will be there to (according to them).
truth

Perth, Australia

#406343 Dec 1, 2012
story of evil
i love you=dok me mamis secerom me hranis a kad me primamis i zraka mi zabranis=death..could you imagine that love..must be very funny as well dangerous

by

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min It aint necessari... 753,264
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min lisw 174,512
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Dorian_Gay 262,015
Dalai Lama in Princeton 21 min DavidAcheson 1
PK Official Trailer Teaser ft Aamir Khan And A... 30 min SraidiMed 1
Does Isaiah 7:14 Prophesize the Virgin Birth of... (Sep '11) 30 min pmscomputers 4,953
Zid Official Trailer 2014 ft Priyanka Chopra ... 33 min SraidiMed 1
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 37 min dubaimassage 121
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Epiphany2 602,716

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE