Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650572 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#406497 Dec 2, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>BABIES are precious,how their angels amuse the God of all Creation! Babies should never be considered in any way shape or form destined for hell,or a limbo,or anything but with the LORD.
I cannot imagine the God of all mercy and truth,who weighs all the balances,who sets everything in motion,who CREATED everything we see and cannot see,to take a baby and condemn it to hell or a limbo just because that baby was not baptized.There is something disturbing about a belief that suggests even for a second that God our heavenly Father would destroy infants because they were not baptized.
Can we find a Scripture both in the OLD or NEW Covenants that concludes without a doubt that infants can be damned to an eternity in hell,or placed in a limbo,separated from the presence of God for an eternity? YET,we hear many Christians both in Catholic and Prot circles that will say that an aborted baby goes immediately to heaven and even grows there.Surely that baby was not baptized before its was killed in the womb.It is unthinkable to consider an eternal hell for innocents.
I have personally no problem with infant baptism as far as using it as a rite for introducing the baby into the family of God or as deication to the LORD.But to even hint that the baby if not baptized is destined to a Christless eternity,brings on a character of God that defies His Mercy,Compassion and the New Testament Good News.NONE of us are worthy without Christ.
There is one thing if we are disobedient,and called the children of disobedience,that puts us into Satan's camp,but that does not mean that innocent babies are the children of disobedience,as they are unable to offend God.Sin is of no obstacle to God,dedication and godly parents are a covering to a child's welfare before the Living God.If that baby dies in the meantime,It will not be a matter of the baby's soul to being saved,but that the baby is immediately with the LORD!
Pad good friend

I agree with what you write....

Here is a concern of mine, with all the spilling of innocent blood by abortion, there is coming a day of judgement for the U.S., and other nations that practice this form of what I call "sacrifice to Molech"....

I don't think the time is far off, and we may be seeing signs of this judgement in the environment(weather issues) the heavens already....
Angel

Highland Park, IL

#406498 Dec 2, 2012
If you want to change an educated mind with a bible, you’ll do so far more often and more reliably by beating them with it, rather than reading to them, from it

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#406499 Dec 2, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're completely lost. You think you were given some responsibility by God to warn others about Catholicism? Come on man. You may have victimized unfamiliar Catholics, but to those of us who are aware of our faith, we see the deception written all over you.
Pride is clouding any chance you got. You lie everyday about us and we catch ya!
~~~

THERE ISA NOT ONE SIN THAT HAS BEEN BE COMMITTED AGAINST HUMANITY....

THAT CANNOT BE PLACED....AT THE DOOR OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH....

While you attempt to white wash your PAGAN RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...

You need to realize that the rest of the world is no blind nor are they stupid enough to buy your P.R...

THE DESTRUCTIVE GLOBAL IMPACT THE THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH UPON THE EARTH IS REPREHENSIBLE AND IRREPARABLE..AND EXCEPTIONABLE BY EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD..OF GOD...

READ WHAT THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT YOU CHURCH..

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#406500 Dec 2, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, you have to take your (BE NICE) meds on sunday to. Did the doctors not tell you that?
Yesterday you came on here almost in tears feeling guilty that you said negative things about confrinting.
Today you are a new man again! Your anger is back to high-level which is your normal.
LOL Spit personality, I guess he thinks I can't read he posted everything Regina posted to me
Michael

Canada

#406501 Dec 2, 2012
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
So…. How biblical is this???????… protestant churches allow homosexual cardinals divorced and living with their lover. You should be questioning this… protestant churches allow divorced minister with several ex wives.
Sigh, you are something else, so confused!
STAR C says......

So…. How biblical is this???????… protestant churches allow homosexual cardinals divorced and living with their lover. You should be questioning this… protestant churches allow divorced minister with several ex wives.

MICHAEL says......How biblical is this??????????

Just last year 40 catholic women mistresses in Italy wrote to the POPE demanding celebacy be changed so their lover priests can take care of them! and their church.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/27/i...

ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

#406502 Dec 2, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE..
"I see no difference between you and an actual pedophile. Both are sick."
~~~~
WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN ...IS OVER THE TOP...
It is the epitome of verbal
attack...
There is no excuse for this kind of rude, crude ... name calling...
EVER!
Another one who'll attack a Catholic but give a wide pass to Jesus being called a retarded jerk and His mother a narcissistic slut by one of the forum atheists all because he's just as much an anti-Catholic bigot as you are. Clay happens to be right, so you would do well to mind your own business and stop making trouble.
LRonHubard

Highland Park, IL

#406503 Dec 2, 2012
Wouldn't Godists believe that Satanists believe God exists?
I think that would put them a step above atheists in Godists' minds.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#406504 Dec 2, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>matthew 7:5
Why don't you read it Preston Judging others is your thing.
Heaven

Highland Park, IL

#406505 Dec 2, 2012
"The mind of a "Believer" is like the pupil of the eye. The more light you shine on it, the more it will contract."
preston

Athens, OH

#406506 Dec 2, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, you have to take your (BE NICE) meds on sunday to. Did the doctors not tell you that?
Yesterday you came on here almost in tears feeling guilty that you said negative things about confrinting.
Today you are a new man again! Your anger is back to high-level which is your normal.
oh, I have never felt guilty about anything that I have said to gif or about him.

WHEN A PERSON SPEAKS THE TRUTH(and the truth is never negative), THEY DONT HAVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR IT SINCE THE TRUTH DOESNT NEED TO BE APOLOGIZED FOR.

and to help you out, this is jsut a forum and I seldom ever get angry, even at your ignorance and kibbitzing. I realize that you have some sort of mental unbalance as everyone can easily recognize
Hell

Highland Park, IL

#406507 Dec 2, 2012
Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way to do it would be start his own religion. -L. Ron Hubbard
preston

Athens, OH

#406508 Dec 2, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
with my new prescription, my eyesight is 20/25.

and not only can I see what is written by people, I can understand it.

unlike YOU!
cupid

Highland Park, IL

#406509 Dec 2, 2012
"An atheist believes in everything that is, and nothing that is not".

#406510 Dec 2, 2012
who="DEFENDER of Blessed MARY" Jesus could be a real jerk sometimes.
Examples...
1... Jesus condemns entire cities to dreadful deaths and to the eternal torment of hell because they didn’t care for his preaching. Matthew 11:20
2... Jesus, whose clothes are dipped in blood, has a sharp sword sticking out of his mouth. Thus attired, he treads the winepress of the wrath of God.(The winepress is the actual press that humans shall be put into so that we may be ground up.) Revelations 19:13-15
3... Jesus says he is the only way to salvation yet he purposely disillusions us so that we will go to hell:
Jesus explains that the reason he speaks in parables is so that no one will understand him,“lest ... they ... should understand ... and should be converted, and I should heal them.” Matthew 13:10-15
4... Jesus explains why he speaks in parables to confuse people so they will go to hell. Mark 4:11-12
I suppose some early writers just couldn't let go of that angry, vengeful Old Testament god.
Jesus advocates child abuse:
Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment:“He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” Matthew 15:4-7
Abandon your wife and children for Jesus and he’ll give your a big reward. Jesus asks that his followers abandon their children to follow him. To leave your child is abuse, it’s called neglect, pure and simple. Matthew 19:29
Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark 7:9

If you truly studied the Bible, you would see that none of your ranting is the truth. Jesus instructed His followers to "love your enemies". He advocated none of the garbage that you talk about.

A study of the King James English might get you some understanding of these things.

Or do you just WANT to mock the Bible?
repent

Highland Park, IL

#406511 Dec 2, 2012
“Belief in nonsense will continue as long as faith in nonsense is seen as a virtue.”
preston

Athens, OH

#406512 Dec 2, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Spit personality, I guess he thinks I can't read he posted everything Regina posted to me
it is evident that you cant read.

regie NEVER SAID THAT YOU SAID THAT.

she was wondeing WHY YOU NEVER SAID ANYTHING TO michael Who did say it.

now see how easy that was for me to understand what she was saying and you saying that she said that you said it.

and you wonder why I think that you are stupid?

read your posts. most times we think it is marge posting, they dont make any sense, like a person who is stoned would say.
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

#406513 Dec 2, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You just judged the Catholic Church and everyone in it in order to side with someone who mocks Christ on a daily basis. He's been playing you like a fiddle and you're allowing it as he feeds the hatred within you which is destroying your soul right before our eyes. You just went to bed with satan, my dear. Preston knew better than to do something like that.
Richard Feynman

Highland Park, IL

#406514 Dec 2, 2012
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself-and you are the easiest person to fool."

#406515 Dec 2, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>to say that a person who is sick is "rude", "crude" "verbal attack" is over the top.
michael is constantly attacking everyone and that includes you when he feels like it.
to defend yourself is honorable and isnot name calling.
if this is gif, you make false accusations constantly and then when called, you hide behind your wife, which is why you dont wish for her to have her own nick, you are protected by dual usage of this forum, which is cowardly, a trait that you have mastered very well.
~~~

I HAVE GIVEN Mitchael THE WORD OF GOD..I HAVE WARNED HIM TO FLEE THE WRATH TO COME...

THAT IS MY FORTE.

~~~

NAME CALLING IS CHILDISH AND SERVES NO CREDIBLE PURPOSE IN DEBATE.

IT JUST SHOWS THAT THE INDIVIDUAL HS RUN OUT OF INTELLIGENT MATERIAL

TO SUBSTANTIATE THEIR SIDE OF THE ARGUMENT.

IF I DISAGREE WITH Micheal IT DOES NOT GIVE ME THE EXCUSE TO DEMEAN HIM

I HAVE NOT CALLED HIM NAMES..

I AM NOT HERE TO DEMEAN PEOPLE...

MY ONE PURPOSE IS TO CONFRONT WITH GOD'S WORD..

AS FOR THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION ...

IT IS NOT A HUMAN BEING MADE IN THE IMAGE OF GOD..

IT IS NOT A CREDIBLE

BIBLICALLY VALIDATED CHRISTIAN INSTITUTION...I HAVE NO QUALMS ABOUT

EXPOSING IT FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#406516 Dec 2, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't measure or rate people based on their religious beliefs as you do.
I can't imagine you at a football game and you look around the stands, and start asking people around you if they are catholic or not. How many times have you left a game, because you were outnumbered or just frustrated that the others just don't believe what you believe..... lol!
Organized religion divides.......
Michael---YOU ARE THE ONE who consistently throws around (bogus and exaggerated)% numbers of Catholics who (say that they believe or don't believe this or that) which (in your distorted way of thinking) is suppose to prove that the Catholic Church is not authentic, not true, and not suppose to be believed. It makes "absolutely no difference" to me WHAT others choose to believe--especially Protestants, since they have become so anti-catholic indoctrinated with vengence and hostility--NOTHING that I, Anthony, Clay, Regina or ANY OTHER Catholic can or will change their hearts, minds and souls except by the Grace of God, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. and TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ!---Again--take time to look in the mirror Michael and you will begin to see "what the problem REALLY is ---and who is REALLY causing the division!!..... ALL Christians are ecumentically united body of believers--- in Jesus Christ---we may disagree on certain doctrine of beliefs but still unified under the body of Christ!! YOU have chosen to remain on the outside--always looking in---like the defiant and rebellious Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11, who separated himself from the Father--(just like you have done)
Division---YES---look in the mirror!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does any kids want to be completely naked for 2... 57 min Susan 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Aura Mytha 56,165
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 hr Steve III 446
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 2 hr Thinking 73
Need someone to talk here, are you in for sexua... 2 hr sanchezjason48 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Steve III 44,972
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr bad bob 182,967
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Hangman 971,867
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 hr ChristineM 445,930
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Thu kobechi3 71
More from around the web