Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673303 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#406482 Dec 2, 2012
Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>they were to be married but their wives were divorcing them and taking the churches money.so they outlawed marriage and now all they have to do is molest children and become homo's
How about this.

The hirearchy demands their priests and nuns to NEVER MARRY and have CHILDREN so their assets will be willed back to the church.

On the other hand the hirearchy demands catholic followers to GET MARRIED and have LOTS OF BABIES so down the road more children means more money in the collection baskets.

.......and catholics can't see this!
preston

Athens, OH

#406483 Dec 2, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You Regina do not know what you are talking about I have never called the Lords Mother any such thing never would, never could you have me mixed up with some one else.
here is what she said to you and about you.

SHOUT MUCH??

Oh, my!! The venom is just dripping from your fangs, my dear "Christian" woman. Too bad you didn't reserve some of that drool to throw at your beloved atheist friend who called Jesus a "retarded jerk" and His mother a "narcissistic slut".

you ought to be ashamed of yourself by acting like she "said that you said it".

thankfully topix shows just what was said and wasnt said. like I said when you first came on this forum, you cant read nor speak the Queens Langauge, perhaps that first husband who beat you up so often ,damaged some of your brain cells.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#406484 Dec 2, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LTM........again I never gave you these negative judgies.
My older sister is an extremely devout catholic. Years ago her son was an altar boy, and my sister and her husband often asked him if a priest had ever done anything to him. Nothing ever happened but I can't understand for the life of me that my sister and brother inlaw would put their son in peril, if they believed he could have been molested.
Catholics have a mindset that to criticize anyone in the church is criticizing God, that is why they get so defensive about this issue that has been a WORLD WIDE PROBLEM, but to catholics the only way to deal with it is to be SILENT.....
WRONG!
The difference is that your sister has the common sense--(of which you Michael are "woefully lacking") to comprehend and use her "God given" spiritual enlightenment, intellectual discernment, and wisdom to know that the TRUTH of the teachings, doctrine and historical precepts of the Catholic Church are not based upon the actions of "a small hand-ful of priests" within the Catholic Church, who have fallen away and have "denied and rejected their priestly vows" by commiting sexual abuse!! The TRUTH of 2000 years of TRUE Doctrinal Biblical teachings of the Catholic Church are "in no way" based upon the "sinful actions" of a few clergy by their perverted actions...... Besides--these men either have or are being prosecuted!..... We, as Catholics, have no criticizm of God----only of the Catholic "bashing" heretics, and disoriented Protestant preachers, ministers, atheists and agnostic anti-catholics on this forum, such as Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN justachristian1, OLGJG, jethro8 and other half-truth Christians or ex-Christians like yourself!!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#406485 Dec 2, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
It is my responsibility to warn you ...
that just because you are Roman Catholic
IT does not mean that God makes special exception for you..
You can throw yourself a fit and attempt to get as many as you can to
join you in your tantrum ...
but
if you make it to heaven ...you will adhere to, AND OBEY God's word...
and to your evident sorrow..The Roman Catholic Church is not God...
neither is their conjecture GOD'S WORD...never has been ..NEVER WILL BE.
You're completely lost. You think you were given some responsibility by God to warn others about Catholicism? Come on man. You may have victimized unfamiliar Catholics, but to those of us who are aware of our faith, we see the deception written all over you.
Pride is clouding any chance you got. You lie everyday about us and we catch ya!
Michael

Canada

#406486 Dec 2, 2012
...Catholics continue to argue that terms brothers of Jesus and sons of Mary is interpreted incorrectly, but lets not forget it was the CATHOLIC FATHERS themselves! that wrote this stuff in the first place, and today catholics disagree with terminology of their own bible editors.

makes no common sense...
preston

Athens, OH

#406487 Dec 2, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You Regina do not know what you are talking about I have never called the Lords Mother any such thing never would, never could you have me mixed up with some one else.
here is my post(and everyone can see that I am talking about you and reggie responds.

ReginaM
United States
Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
1 hr ago Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>be careful, or the dofus from up north will cuss you like she did me.
she talks about me calling people names but she is worse that i would ever ever be. there is a line of decency and she passes it often.
No christian would call someone" garbage",as we are all Gods Creation

reggie;

I didn't know that abortion, homosexual marriage, and wymyn priests were "works of the Lord", did you? She thinks medals should be given out for these causes!

I don't care what she calls me. After all, it's perfectly all right with her for Jesus and His mother to be called a retarded jerk and a narcissistic slut. I'm honored to be in their company.
Michael

Canada

#406488 Dec 2, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I waste my time reading your story? Serious. I already know what's in your stories before you post them. Its the same ol crap. Its got nothing to do with the validity of the Catholic faith- which is without error and from God.
Frankly, I find it incredibly bizarre you would obsess so much about the Catholic Church.
Were not even the majority in your country or mine. Your an atheist, yet you care so deeply about what the Catholic Church is doing.
Odd, odd and odd.

CLAY says....

Catholics are not even the majority in your country or mine.

Michael says....

Are you bragging or complaining?

Catholics are the largest single group in the USA. EX-Catholics are the second largest group.

What an embarassment Clay....

Today there are just as many EX-catholics on this forum as there are catholics.

Just keep giving me positive judgies!

preston

Athens, OH

#406489 Dec 2, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE..
"I see no difference between you and an actual pedophile. Both are sick."
~~~~
WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN ...IS OVER THE TOP...
It is the epitome of verbal
attack...
There is no excuse for this kind of rude, crude ... name calling...
EVER!
to say that a person who is sick is "rude", "crude" "verbal attack" is over the top.

michael is constantly attacking everyone and that includes you when he feels like it.

to defend yourself is honorable and isnot name calling.

if this is gif, you make false accusations constantly and then when called, you hide behind your wife, which is why you dont wish for her to have her own nick, you are protected by dual usage of this forum, which is cowardly, a trait that you have mastered very well.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#406490 Dec 2, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>if you read what you wrote, you would see the not so subtle difference between being Filled with the Holy Ghost(Baptsied is the same)and as statesd in teh 21 st verse, "being moved" by the Holy Ghost.
that verse in John says it all, until He was Resurrected, the Holy Ghost did not live inside the Religious person, tho he used People back in the OT as he did many Prophets.
and I am sorry, whoever teaches that a baby can have the baptism of the Holy Ghost is wrong. to receive the Holy Ghost, a person myst have a desire to know as much about God as they can, they must be a Christian First and foremost.
like the eunuch that I just talked about.how can a baby understand the Word of God to know what is being discussed in the Bible? and how can that baby indicate that he/she wishes to be Baptsied. they cant. and until theya re old enough to fully understand, they will not receive the holy Ghost. my daughter was saved in arevival that I preached in 1988, and to this day has not been Baptised in the Holy Ghost, and she is a good girl, and her companion got saved afew weeks ago.
being innocent doesnt mean that the Holy Ghost will fill them.
there are many "innocent men" in Prison, ask them.
preston

I have been thinking on it for awhile, and have come to no definite conclusions....The point rests on God's Will, and as you say desire....Perhaps a baby has more desire to know God, than an adult? When I say to know, I mean in spirit and will, having not the knowledge of the truth....

In general, the "movement" you are writing about in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, may be sudden restructuring of one's life in relationship with God.
preston

Athens, OH

#406491 Dec 2, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not share with any ne their thought about Mary, who would call her such horrible names.
You are making up things as you good.
I hate that the Catholic church has stood by and allowed the innocent child be abused in every way possible.
I hate the suffering that the child did at the hands of this evil institution, with absoultely no remorse what ever.
I hate that people like you would still defend this evil instituation and call it the True church of Jesus how dare you think God would even allow or put his seal of approval on such a abomination.
My Christlike attitude , You better work on "GOD'S TEN COMANNDMENTS" you don't know then at all.
Oh stop talking to dead people they can't hear you .
And that old decorrupted man in the vatican, you know the one who sits on the door way to hell, is responsible for the murder rape and brutal suffering of million of the innocent children and babies. their blood is on his hands. He covered up this evil crimes for decades Regina.
That is who you are following wow Regina , and if you defend him what does that say about your creditablity , I think you better get your priorities in order.
matthew 7:5
Michael

Canada

#406492 Dec 2, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that your sister has the common sense--(of which you Michael are "woefully lacking") to comprehend and use her "God given" spiritual enlightenment, intellectual discernment, and wisdom to know that the TRUTH of the teachings, doctrine and historical precepts of the Catholic Church are not based upon the actions of "a small hand-ful of priests" within the Catholic Church, who have fallen away and have "denied and rejected their priestly vows" by commiting sexual abuse!! The TRUTH of 2000 years of TRUE Doctrinal Biblical teachings of the Catholic Church are "in no way" based upon the "sinful actions" of a few clergy by their perverted actions...... Besides--these men either have or are being prosecuted!..... We, as Catholics, have no criticizm of God----only of the Catholic "bashing" heretics, and disoriented Protestant preachers, ministers, atheists and agnostic anti-catholics on this forum, such as Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN justachristian1, OLGJG, jethro8 and other half-truth Christians or ex-Christians like yourself!!
I don't measure or rate people based on their religious beliefs as you do.

I can't imagine you at a football game and you look around the stands, and start asking people around you if they are catholic or not. How many times have you left a game, because you were outnumbered or just frustrated that the others just don't believe what you believe..... lol!

Organized religion divides.......
Catholic man

Lansing, MI

#406493 Dec 2, 2012
keltec 9mm wrote:
Valkyrian Ride:
Roman Catholic church the only true church, huh? Well, if the pope knew anything about history, he'd know that, although Martin Luther was German, the biggest followers of the protestent beliefs were the dutch and the english (I am both). And they kicked catholic butt. And if you go to Holland (Netherlands) even today, the catholics are not welcome there. So keep saying thing like that, pope, and we'll kick your a** AGAIN.>>>>
So who would want to be English or Dutch anyway? One sounds worse than the other. As an added note the nazis made medallions and coins of Martin Luther who was a virulent anti- semitic.
I agree with the pope. And Catholics hung Martin Luther after the battle between the religions
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#406494 Dec 2, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is biblical that priests are not suppose to have a wife, why does the catholic church allow former protestant ministers to become catholic priests and bring along a wife and 7 kids!
From Roman Catholics themselves.....below.
Gallup shows Catholic parishioners favor married, female priests, want priest at last rites and Mass at least weekly. &#8232;A 2005 Gallup Survey found that 68% of all U.S. Catholics are registered at a parish and have some definite opinions about solutions to the priest shortage. Sixty-one percent thought it would be good to ordain celibate women while 54% approved of ordaining married women. Eighty one percent supported the return of priests who have married and 75% favored ordaining married men. Only 20% thought it would be ok if no priest was available to administer the last rites and just 40% thought it was okay to reduce Mass availability to less than once per week.
So what about your bias--one sided--Gallop poles!! Who cares!! The doctrine, teachings, and precept beliefs of the Catholic Church are not based upon "some Democratic voting pole"! The teachings of the Catholic Church are based upon the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, 2000 years of Church Tradition as they parallel Jesus' teaching and obedience to Gods inspired and sacred Word.-------- Michael--"go cry and pout" to someone else about the "injustice" regarding the fact that "not everyone is getting their (own way)"...... Go tell it to the contracting Protestant (inconsistent 42,000 other) denominations and "just down the street" where they will find a "bible only" preacher that will tell them (exactly) what they want to hear!! abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, women ministers, embroyonic stem cell research, homosexual ministers and on and on "whichever way and direction the social/political/Protestant wind happens to blow"
Michael

Canada

#406495 Dec 2, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>here is what she said to you and about you.
SHOUT MUCH??
Oh, my!! The venom is just dripping from your fangs, my dear "Christian" woman. Too bad you didn't reserve some of that drool to throw at your beloved atheist friend who called Jesus a "retarded jerk" and His mother a "narcissistic slut".
you ought to be ashamed of yourself by acting like she "said that you said it".
thankfully topix shows just what was said and wasnt said. like I said when you first came on this forum, you cant read nor speak the Queens Langauge, perhaps that first husband who beat you up so often ,damaged some of your brain cells.
Preston, you have to take your (BE NICE) meds on sunday to. Did the doctors not tell you that?

Yesterday you came on here almost in tears feeling guilty that you said negative things about confrinting.

Today you are a new man again! Your anger is back to high-level which is your normal.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#406496 Dec 2, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LTM........again I never gave you these negative judgies.
My older sister is an extremely devout catholic. Years ago her son was an altar boy, and my sister and her husband often asked him if a priest had ever done anything to him. Nothing ever happened but I can't understand for the life of me that my sister and brother inlaw would put their son in peril, if they believed he could have been molested.
Catholics have a mindset that to criticize anyone in the church is criticizing God, that is why they get so defensive about this issue that has been a WORLD WIDE PROBLEM, but to catholics the only way to deal with it is to be SILENT.....
WRONG!
I know you didn't Michael give me negative judgies.

I understand what you are saying about catholic's still putting their trust in the hands of the Priest and Nuns in this instituation. We are defend the victims (the children of catholic's) and we are the bad guys talk about twisted minds.
My son was an alter boy for a while, he was ok nothing happened to him.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#406497 Dec 2, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>BABIES are precious,how their angels amuse the God of all Creation! Babies should never be considered in any way shape or form destined for hell,or a limbo,or anything but with the LORD.
I cannot imagine the God of all mercy and truth,who weighs all the balances,who sets everything in motion,who CREATED everything we see and cannot see,to take a baby and condemn it to hell or a limbo just because that baby was not baptized.There is something disturbing about a belief that suggests even for a second that God our heavenly Father would destroy infants because they were not baptized.
Can we find a Scripture both in the OLD or NEW Covenants that concludes without a doubt that infants can be damned to an eternity in hell,or placed in a limbo,separated from the presence of God for an eternity? YET,we hear many Christians both in Catholic and Prot circles that will say that an aborted baby goes immediately to heaven and even grows there.Surely that baby was not baptized before its was killed in the womb.It is unthinkable to consider an eternal hell for innocents.
I have personally no problem with infant baptism as far as using it as a rite for introducing the baby into the family of God or as deication to the LORD.But to even hint that the baby if not baptized is destined to a Christless eternity,brings on a character of God that defies His Mercy,Compassion and the New Testament Good News.NONE of us are worthy without Christ.
There is one thing if we are disobedient,and called the children of disobedience,that puts us into Satan's camp,but that does not mean that innocent babies are the children of disobedience,as they are unable to offend God.Sin is of no obstacle to God,dedication and godly parents are a covering to a child's welfare before the Living God.If that baby dies in the meantime,It will not be a matter of the baby's soul to being saved,but that the baby is immediately with the LORD!
Pad good friend

I agree with what you write....

Here is a concern of mine, with all the spilling of innocent blood by abortion, there is coming a day of judgement for the U.S., and other nations that practice this form of what I call "sacrifice to Molech"....

I don't think the time is far off, and we may be seeing signs of this judgement in the environment(weather issues) the heavens already....
Angel

Highland Park, IL

#406498 Dec 2, 2012
If you want to change an educated mind with a bible, you’ll do so far more often and more reliably by beating them with it, rather than reading to them, from it

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#406499 Dec 2, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're completely lost. You think you were given some responsibility by God to warn others about Catholicism? Come on man. You may have victimized unfamiliar Catholics, but to those of us who are aware of our faith, we see the deception written all over you.
Pride is clouding any chance you got. You lie everyday about us and we catch ya!
~~~

THERE ISA NOT ONE SIN THAT HAS BEEN BE COMMITTED AGAINST HUMANITY....

THAT CANNOT BE PLACED....AT THE DOOR OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH....

While you attempt to white wash your PAGAN RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...

You need to realize that the rest of the world is no blind nor are they stupid enough to buy your P.R...

THE DESTRUCTIVE GLOBAL IMPACT THE THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH UPON THE EARTH IS REPREHENSIBLE AND IRREPARABLE..AND EXCEPTIONABLE BY EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD..OF GOD...

READ WHAT THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT YOU CHURCH..

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#406500 Dec 2, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, you have to take your (BE NICE) meds on sunday to. Did the doctors not tell you that?
Yesterday you came on here almost in tears feeling guilty that you said negative things about confrinting.
Today you are a new man again! Your anger is back to high-level which is your normal.
LOL Spit personality, I guess he thinks I can't read he posted everything Regina posted to me
Michael

Canada

#406501 Dec 2, 2012
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
So…. How biblical is this???????… protestant churches allow homosexual cardinals divorced and living with their lover. You should be questioning this… protestant churches allow divorced minister with several ex wives.
Sigh, you are something else, so confused!
STAR C says......

So…. How biblical is this???????… protestant churches allow homosexual cardinals divorced and living with their lover. You should be questioning this… protestant churches allow divorced minister with several ex wives.

MICHAEL says......How biblical is this??????????

Just last year 40 catholic women mistresses in Italy wrote to the POPE demanding celebacy be changed so their lover priests can take care of them! and their church.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/27/i...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min nanoanomaly 981,315
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Buck Crick 104,725
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 58 min Peter Ross 445,814
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 58 min andet1987 10
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 1 hr andet1987 66
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,296
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr _Drifter 4,052
More from around the web