Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683754 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

preston

Athens, OH

#406465 Dec 2, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I guess Ontario could be considered a high place.
and if any person on this forum knows anything about being "High", it would be Marge
preston

Athens, OH

#406466 Dec 2, 2012
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Paranoia setting in!??!!
Our Church has NOT “knocked” you off anything. Its your very own ridicules posts that have “knocked" you off, and Topix is the only one that can “knock” you off.
Beware, topix have your IP address![lol]
I wouldnt be Braging about it, if it were me. in fact, it is really something to be ashamed about.

unless he wishes to tell us WHY he was kicked off, and then we can see if your church, based in rome got him kicked off, or is this something that he is making up, if so, this would be a sin of bearing false witness. so he should prove that accusation rather than making a statement that is not factual. OF COURSE HE HAS DONE THAT TO ME MANY TIMES, AND NO APOLOGY WAS FORTHCOMING EITHER, WHEN HE WAS PROVEN WRONG.

on other forums, people curse each other and worse and dont get kicked off
Lets Worship Baby Killer

Eaton Park, FL

#406467 Dec 2, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello LTM...
The worldwide sex abuse scandal, that yes went on in all the dioceses in NEW JERSEY that Regina M. resides in.
1) These abuses and coverups by the clergy was not a mistake by them.
2) This was not an oversight by these men.
3) It was not misjudgement on their part.
4) This was a conspiracy of silence by THE TOP OFFICIALS in the Roman Catholic Church to do one thing.
CONCEAL THE TRUTH...
The only reason the church is now acting is because the number of cases became so overwhelming that they couldn't COVER UP THE TRUTH ANYMORE......
It wasn't these church officials who contacted the police, it was always the brave victims and their families.
Anytime I post these stories I get criticized by the catholics on this forum, the ones who don't care ABOUT THE TRUTH, who should be criticizing their own church not people like me who expose THE TRUTH....
The RCC had no choice but to cover-up and conceal the rash of child sex-abuse cases, because logically, that should not happen on a grand scale within any institution appointed and led by God

-- especially an institution appointed to convey "perfect teachings" on faith and (gulp) MORALS.

Catholics cannot accept the magnitude or the severity of the crime, because by all logic, the crime contradicts a central teaching of the RCC.

So it's denial, denial, and more denial.

"Sins of men," "the Pope didn't know," "it's an invention of the media," etc., etc., etc..

The scandal and above all, the decades-long, worldwide cover-up, has once again showed people of reason and faith that this institution is a fraud.
preston

Athens, OH

#406468 Dec 2, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
It is my responsibility to warn you ...
that just because you are Roman Catholic
IT does not mean that God makes special exception for you..
You can throw yourself a fit and attempt to get as many as you can to
join you in your tantrum ...
but
if you make it to heaven ...you will adhere to, AND OBEY God's word...
and to your evident sorrow..The Roman Catholic Church is not God...
neither is their conjecture GOD'S WORD...never has been ..NEVER WILL BE.
How about you, gif, do you have a"special dispensation'" from God that you can throw around "false accusations" constantly?

does God allow you to disobey His Word ,since you have studied it for over 60 years?

1 Cor 9:14(see, I know a little about His Word too)
Lets Worship Baby Killer

Eaton Park, FL

#406469 Dec 2, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
7,000 consecutive days, and Michael posts about child sexual abuse?
You're just as sick as the guilty for using this topic as a platform to spread your agenda.
I see no difference between you and an actual pedophile. Both are sick.
e.g. you see no difference between morality and immorality.

Your only problem is with the reality of the situation.

It's crystal clear -- Jesus never "appointed" nor does Jesus "guide" the institution at the center of the largest sex abuse scandal and COVER-UP in world history.

Of course, you can claim that Jesus looked the other way and winked as so many children were being abused for decades -- but what does that say about Jesus?

Once again for those in denial -- Jesus had NOTHING to do with enabling or guiding the largest child sex-abuse cover-up in world history.

Get over it.
Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

#406470 Dec 2, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
It is my responsibility to warn you ...
that just because you are Roman Catholic
IT does not mean that God makes special exception for you..
You can throw yourself a fit and attempt to get as many as you can to
join you in your tantrum ...
but
if you make it to heaven ...you will adhere to, AND OBEY God's word...
and to your evident sorrow..The Roman Catholic Church is not God...
neither is their conjecture GOD'S WORD...never has been ..NEVER WILL BE.
Yahweh's word are his laws and yes you will keep them or you will not be their he will not allow heaven to become defiled like this earth.all because they so called nailed the laws to a cross.And your Christians want to say ten commandment they can not even keep 10 much less 613 now don't get me wrong I know a few Christians that are very nice people.but every catholick i have ever know were greedy all about them self's.
Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

#406471 Dec 2, 2012
Look Yahweh When he resurrected Yahshua they took their hands off of this world for us to destroy our self's with sin and hey we are doing a great job.and miracles are only done by evil spirits satan and demons.
Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

#406472 Dec 2, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>How about you, gif, do you have a"special dispensation'" from God that you can throw around "false accusations" constantly?
does God allow you to disobey His Word ,since you have studied it for over 60 years?
1 Cor 9:14(see, I know a little about His Word too)
Again Preston his word are his laws....
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#406473 Dec 2, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know that abortion, homosexual marriage, and wymyn priests were "works of the Lord", did you? She thinks medals should be given out for these causes!
I don't care what she calls me. After all, it's perfectly all right with her for Jesus and His mother to be called a retarded jerk and a narcissistic slut. I'm honored to be in their company.
You Regina do not know what you are talking about I have never called the Lords Mother any such thing never would, never could you have me mixed up with some one else.
Michael

Canada

#406474 Dec 2, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you Michael. Many members of the catholic clergy , do not have kind words for this priest.
My Mother-in-law rest her soul stopped going to church.
When this Pope was elected, she always went to church Michael as did her MOM very devoted.
Several of the catholic churchs in Sudbury are closed, schools as well lack of teachers, people are leaving the churchs.
Our church has standing room most Sundays, we go to Timmy's for coffee afterwards, I talked to many catholic's some don't want to send their children to the catholic churches or schools they are afraid they will be abused.
The catholic's on here think we are lying no one can make up this stuff, its world wide.
Hi LTM........again I never gave you these negative judgies.

My older sister is an extremely devout catholic. Years ago her son was an altar boy, and my sister and her husband often asked him if a priest had ever done anything to him. Nothing ever happened but I can't understand for the life of me that my sister and brother inlaw would put their son in peril, if they believed he could have been molested.

Catholics have a mindset that to criticize anyone in the church is criticizing God, that is why they get so defensive about this issue that has been a WORLD WIDE PROBLEM, but to catholics the only way to deal with it is to be SILENT.....

WRONG!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#406475 Dec 2, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Robert, how many sacriments does the RCC view as salvific?
AS a general rule? Who's general rule. And where do you find scriptural teaching for such?
4GVN good friend

The RCChurch does not view the sacraments as salvific, but that God works by Grace through them....Salvation in the RCChurch is by Jesus Christ alone. Sacraments are signs.

Talking about Purgatory in general....When one becomes a Christian, accepts Jesus as personal Saviour, is baptised, but then goes astray, then sins, and continues to sin, and does not work out their salvation(Philipians 2:12

"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."),

what is God going to do with that person that sins?

God must be a Just Judge(besides being Merciful). Can God call to the Great Feast, those that are not clothed properly? They must be made clean....If we do not start now in this life, then it must be done in the "next" life....

In a sense, consider the journey of the Jew while in the Promised Land...., when they strayed, there was/is a price to be paid, even though God does not forget his covenant with them. God does not forget his covenant with the Christian, but justice must be served....
Michael

Canada

#406476 Dec 2, 2012
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
So…. How biblical is this???????… protestant churches allow homosexual cardinals divorced and living with their lover. You should be questioning this… protestant churches allow divorced minister with several ex wives.
Sigh, you are something else, so confused!
If it is biblical that priests are not suppose to have a wife, why does the catholic church allow former protestant ministers to become catholic priests and bring along a wife and 7 kids!

From Roman Catholics themselves.....below.

Gallup shows Catholic parishioners favor married, female priests, want priest at last rites and Mass at least weekly. &#8232;A 2005 Gallup Survey found that 68% of all U.S. Catholics are registered at a parish and have some definite opinions about solutions to the priest shortage. Sixty-one percent thought it would be good to ordain celibate women while 54% approved of ordaining married women. Eighty one percent supported the return of priests who have married and 75% favored ordaining married men. Only 20% thought it would be ok if no priest was available to administer the last rites and just 40% thought it was okay to reduce Mass availability to less than once per week.

2) There is a womens group that is now worldwide that have instilled women as catholic priests. Click on the photo gallery or the ordained...below.

http://romancatholicwomenpriests.org/

The roman catholic church is in chaos! and the people in the pews want change!

The catholic church is still living as if its 325 AD. Time to clear the cobwebs.

Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

#406477 Dec 2, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is biblical that priests are not suppose to have a wife, why does the catholic church allow former protestant ministers to become catholic priests and bring along a wife and 7 kids!
From Roman Catholics themselves.....below.
Gallup shows Catholic parishioners favor married, female priests, want priest at last rites and Mass at least weekly. &#8232;A 2005 Gallup Survey found that 68% of all U.S. Catholics are registered at a parish and have some definite opinions about solutions to the priest shortage. Sixty-one percent thought it would be good to ordain celibate women while 54% approved of ordaining married women. Eighty one percent supported the return of priests who have married and 75% favored ordaining married men. Only 20% thought it would be ok if no priest was available to administer the last rites and just 40% thought it was okay to reduce Mass availability to less than once per week.
2) There is a womens group that is now worldwide that have instilled women as catholic priests. Click on the photo gallery or the ordained...below.
http://romancatholicwomenpriests.org/
The roman catholic church is in chaos! and the people in the pews want change!
The catholic church is still living as if its 325 AD. Time to clear the cobwebs.
they were to be married but their wives were divorcing them and taking the churches money.so they outlawed marriage and now all they have to do is molest children and become homo's

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#406478 Dec 2, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
7,000 consecutive days, and Michael posts about child sexual abuse?
You're just as sick as the guilty for using this topic as a platform to spread your agenda.
I see no difference between you and an actual pedophile. Both are sick.
~~~
YOU WROTE..

"I see no difference between you and an actual pedophile. Both are sick."

~~~~

WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN ...IS OVER THE TOP...

It is the epitome of verbal

attack...

There is no excuse for this kind of rude, crude ... name calling...

EVER!
preston

Athens, OH

#406479 Dec 2, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You Regina do not know what you are talking about I have never called the Lords Mother any such thing never would, never could you have me mixed up with some one else.
are you really that ignorant? she NEVER SAID THAT YOU CALLED MARY ANYTHING.

NEVER MIND, YOU ARE THAT IGNORANT, but we arent and we know this "innocent " act that you pull constantly
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#406480 Dec 2, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
SHOUT MUCH??
Oh, my!! The venom is just dripping from your fangs, my dear "Christian" woman. Too bad you didn't reserve some of that drool to throw at your beloved atheist friend who called Jesus a "retarded jerk" and His mother a "narcissistic slut". But then we all know your hatred for Christ's church overrides defending Him against slurs and abuse. Now run along and tell Jesus how much you love Him and what a Christlike attitude you display toward your neighbor. Oh, and you might want to work on your Ten Commandment skills. Lying is a sin.
I do not share with any ne their thought about Mary, who would call her such horrible names.
You are making up things as you good.
I hate that the Catholic church has stood by and allowed the innocent child be abused in every way possible.
I hate the suffering that the child did at the hands of this evil institution, with absoultely no remorse what ever.
I hate that people like you would still defend this evil instituation and call it the True church of Jesus how dare you think God would even allow or put his seal of approval on such a abomination.
My Christlike attitude , You better work on "GOD'S TEN COMANNDMENTS" you don't know then at all.
Oh stop talking to dead people they can't hear you .
And that old decorrupted man in the vatican, you know the one who sits on the door way to hell, is responsible for the murder rape and brutal suffering of million of the innocent children and babies. their blood is on his hands. He covered up this evil crimes for decades Regina.
That is who you are following wow Regina , and if you defend him what does that say about your creditablity , I think you better get your priorities in order.
Michael

Canada

#406481 Dec 2, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know that abortion, homosexual marriage, and wymyn priests were "works of the Lord", did you? She thinks medals should be given out for these causes!
I don't care what she calls me. After all, it's perfectly all right with her for Jesus and His mother to be called a retarded jerk and a narcissistic slut. I'm honored to be in their company.
Regina M. says....

Michael says....

Maybe you should volunteer your services in an abortion clinic and help those young girls in making proper decisions in their lives.

Your talking tough on here isn't helping anyone.

You blow like a weathervane!
Michael

Canada

#406482 Dec 2, 2012
Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>they were to be married but their wives were divorcing them and taking the churches money.so they outlawed marriage and now all they have to do is molest children and become homo's
How about this.

The hirearchy demands their priests and nuns to NEVER MARRY and have CHILDREN so their assets will be willed back to the church.

On the other hand the hirearchy demands catholic followers to GET MARRIED and have LOTS OF BABIES so down the road more children means more money in the collection baskets.

.......and catholics can't see this!
preston

Athens, OH

#406483 Dec 2, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
here is what she said to you and about you.

SHOUT MUCH??

Oh, my!! The venom is just dripping from your fangs, my dear "Christian" woman. Too bad you didn't reserve some of that drool to throw at your beloved atheist friend who called Jesus a "retarded jerk" and His mother a "narcissistic slut".

you ought to be ashamed of yourself by acting like she "said that you said it".

thankfully topix shows just what was said and wasnt said. like I said when you first came on this forum, you cant read nor speak the Queens Langauge, perhaps that first husband who beat you up so often ,damaged some of your brain cells.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#406484 Dec 2, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LTM........again I never gave you these negative judgies.
My older sister is an extremely devout catholic. Years ago her son was an altar boy, and my sister and her husband often asked him if a priest had ever done anything to him. Nothing ever happened but I can't understand for the life of me that my sister and brother inlaw would put their son in peril, if they believed he could have been molested.
Catholics have a mindset that to criticize anyone in the church is criticizing God, that is why they get so defensive about this issue that has been a WORLD WIDE PROBLEM, but to catholics the only way to deal with it is to be SILENT.....
WRONG!
The difference is that your sister has the common sense--(of which you Michael are "woefully lacking") to comprehend and use her "God given" spiritual enlightenment, intellectual discernment, and wisdom to know that the TRUTH of the teachings, doctrine and historical precepts of the Catholic Church are not based upon the actions of "a small hand-ful of priests" within the Catholic Church, who have fallen away and have "denied and rejected their priestly vows" by commiting sexual abuse!! The TRUTH of 2000 years of TRUE Doctrinal Biblical teachings of the Catholic Church are "in no way" based upon the "sinful actions" of a few clergy by their perverted actions...... Besides--these men either have or are being prosecuted!..... We, as Catholics, have no criticizm of God----only of the Catholic "bashing" heretics, and disoriented Protestant preachers, ministers, atheists and agnostic anti-catholics on this forum, such as Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN justachristian1, OLGJG, jethro8 and other half-truth Christians or ex-Christians like yourself!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min Bongo 16,021
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Trumpler 983,100
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 2 hr BLACK LIVES DONT ... 108
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 4 hr George Justapose 2
News The Latest: Trump lawyer says there's no pardon... 5 hr George Justapose 2
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 5 hr George Justapose 15
News Trump Says He Has - Complete Power' to Pardon 6 hr Les 1
More from around the web