Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,411
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#406065 Nov 30, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I always answer your questions. Would that you would give me the same courtesy.
"Then what do you believe was the state of the RCC during the reign of these ungodly men?"
The Church, guided by the Holy Spirit, was preaching the gospel. These "ungodly" men (even though you are in no position to judge) were sinners. Just like you and me.
"Do you believe that a non-christian is indwelt with the holy Spirit?"
No, I don't believe that. Do you believe you are able to judge whether someone is a Christian because they sin?
"Do you believe that the Holy Spirit guides lost people?"
Yes. We're not OSAS.
"Do you believe that one of these lost,unchristian people could be the 'VICAR of CHRIST'?"
We really have a language barrier here. Do you consider every person who sins a "lost, unchristian"? No, I believe a "lost, NON-Christian" could not be appointed the Vicar of Christ. But if you mean to imply that you know for certain that these men weren't Christians and that they did not repent before death and that everyone who is a "saved Christian" never sins, well, you've got quite the line of communication with God that no one else has.
If someone lives like the devil all of thier lives it is only logical to believe that they are not christian. So it would be a matter of being converted before they died. This is possible, but off topic, and there is no evidence to make us believe that that happened.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#406066 Nov 30, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
4GVN good friend
The Church part you got right....Either you are or aren't part of the the Church, born again, and leading a righteous life in Jesus Christ.... The rest of what you write is merely helping to lead a righteous life in Jesus Christ.
As a general rule, someone in Purgatory is heavenbound, just a kind of stopover before the final destination. Time is a relative term we use....
The pope admitted that purgatory was church created.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#406067 Nov 30, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
4GVN
Each question you give is an interesting one....
First off the RCC is not an institution, like a man-made government, that rises and falls as a worldly government or kingdom....
But let me give you a counter-question..., After Jesus was baptised, and went 40 days in the wilderness, he encountered Satan who tempted him. While in the wilderness, Jesus(being filled with the Holy Spirit) was taken(if you read Matthews account) or led(if you read Lukes's account) by Satan, to certain places. Does this mean that Jesus was a follower of Satan?
Likewise, a person following Jesus cannot be taken or led by Satan.
The Church cannot be taken or led by Satan. Individuals in the Church can be tempted and do sin, including Popes, and followers of Popes. But the Church(being filled with the Holy Spirit), being united with Jesus (being filled with the Holy Spirit) does not sin.
If we walk with Jesus, and Jesus walks with us..., if we abide, then we don't sin. It is both a real and metaphysical reality....
What is your basis for the statement that the church is 'filled with the Holy Spirit'? And what is the deffinition of this
church' you speak of?
I would say that Jesus allowed Himself to be tempted in all things so that He could know what His followers would have to endure. He could have said 'Depart from Me and Satan would have had to flee.'
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#406068 Nov 30, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your opinion.
Not merely an opinion. It is a fact that no infants are or could be included in these passages with these qualifications.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#406069 Nov 30, 2012
who="Michael"
Sheep:
It wasn't that long agonThe roman catholic church branded people as heretics who believed the earth wasn't flat, or later that the sun did not revolve around the earth.
Today, the church accepts married couples have sex without the idea of creating children, but they reject the idea that they can use contraceptives.
Not to long ago, the church LEADERS moved pedophiles around to different parishes, protecting the pedophiles and not the children they abused.
It is also intolerable TODAY that the church rejects the ability of one half of our population (women) to serve vital roles in their church, because the old boys clique, in reality don't want any part of women in their club.
...How many ways can we point at illogical ideas by these old men who hate women equal to themselves, before they understand they are harming people more than they are aiding them.
As the old catholic women move off with their attitudes "WHAT EVER THEY SAY IS OK WITH ME JACK" and young catholic women come aboard, its obvious young women today are already in the hunt to bring equality to all, and the biggest LOSER will be the church itself.

Michael: Young catholic women (all young women) who rise up in this feminist movement, are hurting themselves. Men and women ARE equal in God, but there is a definite difference in them. Women CAN do great things, but they simply cannot be 'men'.

While it seems 'logical' that women can do great things, so they should be in competition with men, it is not true. The fabric of our nation is being shattered because women are in competition with men. Our men are being emasculated. FDR and Reagan could speak a word, and world leaders would stand up and take notice. FDR dared the Germans to hold one of our men, even dead ones. He let them know that the U.S. would come over and heads would roll. Reagan said, "Mr. Gorbachev TEAR DOWN THIS WALL." And HE DID.

Our 'leaders' today are weak and are begging the jihadists to PLEASE let us alone. This emboldens them to further attack us.

Only women can bear children, and they are uniquely fitted to 'mother' them. Men are physically stronger, and are equipped to protect and provide for their women/families. Our Christian American population is being aborted out of existence...and the world is happy to fill up their places.

Our nation is faltering in its position internationally, because women are being sent as ambassadors to nations who do not use women in such a way. Batting eyelashes will never gain goodwill for us. Men of the world will be quick to take advantage of such a situation.(I understand that our last FOUR Sec'ys of State have been women.) We need men...STRONG men to rule. We need mothers and we need families to sustain our civilization.

'Submit' has been used to make it seem that women are to be second-rate. That word and that concept simply means that the woman's position is second to her husbands; they are to be a team, but because of his strength, he is to lead. Sane civilization is made up of families. Without the father/mother/children pattern civilization will fail.

KayMarie

#406070 Nov 30, 2012
who="Full of Love" I want to thank everyone for your prayers.
I just recieved the call that my nephew Michael Paul passed away at 6:50 pm.
He was only 42 yrs old.
Please continue to pray for the family,especially his daddy,my brother Jerry.
No doubt he's going through a terrible time now, and will continue for quite some time.
Such a sad time in his life.
God bless you all.

May God comfort all of you...and may each of you remember that THIS IS NOT THE END. We miss our loved ones who have gone on ahead of us...but we do not have the final sense of loss that the world has.

Blessings...
KayMarie

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#406071 Nov 30, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
Young catholic women (all young women) who rise up in this feminist movement, are hurting themselves. Men and women ARE equal in God, but there is a definite difference in them. Women CAN do great things, but they simply cannot be 'men'.
KayMarie
Again, you have not read the bible.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#406072 Nov 30, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Spirit guides the Church Christ founded (see Matt.16:18) The Holy Spirit also guides individuals. Individuals can fall away. The Church cannot (see Matt. 16:18)
And actually, I did not agree that a pope was "a wicked unregenerate, unchristian man" and "a non-christian". Essentially, I agreed that some popes were very sinful.
Please do me a favor and answer these questions; If a baptist preacher is having an adulterous affair with one of his congregants, does that mean the gospel he preaches on Sunday is not true? Is he not saved? Is he not a Christian?
1. No.There is only ONE GOSPEL. It is not changed or made incorrect by the preacher. 2.Do you not understand that saved,converted,Christian are all synonymous. There is no such thing as a 'lost christian'.
Warren

Chicago, IL

#406073 Nov 30, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>Go find you a Preacher that will teach you right and dont depend on some filthy mouthed vermin like 4bdn
Preachers love little boys....A woman in town is breaking one of the 10 comm. big time. She is flirting with a preacher and he is flirting right back...both are married!!Where is God? Is he only a fictional charactor? Is the Bible a fantasy to control and muniputate the masses...its a business! First mind control...than sex~
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#406074 Nov 30, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Spirit guides the Church Christ founded (see Matt.16:18) The Holy Spirit also guides individuals. Individuals can fall away. The Church cannot (see Matt. 16:18)
And actually, I did not agree that a pope was "a wicked unregenerate, unchristian man" and "a non-christian". Essentially, I agreed that some popes were very sinful.
Please do me a favor and answer these questions; If a baptist preacher is having an adulterous affair with one of his congregants, does that mean the gospel he preaches on Sunday is not true? Is he not saved? Is he not a Christian?
I don't think you understand(or are trying to understand the difference). We do not make unbiblical pompous claims for Baptist,Pentecostal,Luthern or any other preachers. You are missing the point I am trying to make. And that point is that a lost man can not possibly the 'VICAR OF CHRIST' or a part of an Apostolic succession. Can you understand my reasoning on this matter?

#406075 Nov 30, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The Bible is about
Learning about Jesus...
Question...
Have you ever considered how little the Thief on the cross had to go through to be accepted by Christ into paradise..
Have you ever given any consideredration that Jesus never mentioned any of the calisthenics that the Roman Catholic Church requires for a person to become "A Catholic"....
(NOTE HERE I DID NOT SAY TO BECOME "A CHRISTIAN."
BECOMING A CATHOLIC DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN BECOMING A CHRISTIAN,,
DON'T YOU KNOW?
ALL CATHOLICS ARE NOT CHRISTIANS ...NEITHER ARE ALL PROTESTANTS Christians ...
JESUS SAID
Mat_7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
THE EXAMPLES FROM GOD'S WORD IS ...
Act_16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
YOU CARNAL MINDED MANIPULATORS WANT TO ADD TO IT AND MAKE IT COMPLICATED...
BECAUSE YOU CANNOT HAVE FAITH ENOUGH TO BELIEVE WHAT GOD'S WORD SAYS.
AND YOUR CHURCH WANTS TO CONTROL...CREATE RITUALS, AND MAKE GOD'S PLAN
OF SALVATION A WALL OF WORKS TO CLIMB ..INSTEAD OF SIMPLE FAITH..
~~~
WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE...The unmerited favor of God
Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:
it is the gift of God:
NOTE...
ONE DOES NOT HAVE TO WORK FOR A GIFT..
Our works are A LABOR OF LOVE ...TOWARD GOD..BECAUSE .... HE HAS GIVEN US THE GIFT OF SALVATION
Rom_4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
Rom_5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom_5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
YOU DEVALUE THE GIFT WHEN WE ATTEMPT TO ADD OUR OWN CARNAL WORKS TO GOD'S ETERNAL PLAN OF SALVATION..
NO CORRUPTIBLE MAN... CAN ADD TO THE SINLESS SACRIFICE... JESUS GAVE FOR US...AT CALVARY
AND NO MAN CAN TAKE AWAY FROM THE VALUE..OF THE GIFT, OF THE BLOOD.
OF JESUS...WHAT EVER HE ATTEMPTS TO ADD OR SUBTRACT IS IS FRUITLESS,
calisthenics, THAT ARE OF NO ETERNAL CONSEQUENCES..

My suggestion to you mr. confrinting is that you take your wife and go to a "bible for beginners" class and learn the meaning of the 8th commandment (in fundamentalist circles that would be the 9th). Have a nice day.

~~~

Anthony...

I feel sorry for you, that you know so little about god's plan of redemption.

You evidently love attempt to talk down

to my wife and I .

BUT WHEN YOU FACE GOD YOU WON'T TALK DOWN TO HIM...

You will find out that there is no religious organization that can edit GOD'S PLAN OF REDEMPTION,
TO SUIT THEIR OWN RATIONAL..

IT IS EITHER GOD'S WAY OR THE WAY OF ETERNAL DAMNATION FOR YOUR SOUL.

JESUS SAID..

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him,

==>I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.< ==

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS NOT THE DOOR/WAY TO HEAVEN,,,

JESUS IS...

Joh_10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

WHICH ONE ARE YOU?
Anthony MN

United States

#406076 Nov 30, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>If someone lives like the devil all of thier lives it is only logical to believe that they are not christian. So it would be a matter of being converted before they died. This is possible, but off topic, and there is no evidence to make us believe that that happened.
You don't know how they lived "all of their lives". There were a handful of bad popes, the vast majority were decent and holy men. Most importantly, not one of them taught contrary to Church doctrine. The Holy Spirit protected the Church from error, even when a bad pope was in charge.

Can I expect an answer to my question anytime soon?

#406077 Nov 30, 2012
who="preston" >then you would agree that no catholic priests nor any apostles were present when those that you spoke of received the Holy Ghost.
and as I read your post, one that you mentioned was in a bed, and therefore was not being Baptised while in bed.
another example of God working in a persons life and I also told hank that I received the Holy Ghost while I was in bed.
I dont think that anyone should limit God as to when He Works,in bed, at an altar or elsewhere.
when a person committs all, then God will meet that persons desire.

The first one was painfully shy, and couldn't seem to receive at church. But their heart was truly longing, and they awoke from sleep one night experiencing the fulfillment.

No, there were no priests present in either case.

KayMarie

#406078 Nov 30, 2012
Anthony wrote

My suggestion to you mr. confrinting is that you take your wife and go to a "bible for beginners" class and learn the meaning of the 8th commandment (in fundamentalist circles that would be the 9th). Have a nice day.

Thou shalt not bear false witness? Little children understand that one. How does it 'fit' here?

KM

#406079 Nov 30, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
You don't know how they lived "all of their lives". There were a handful of bad popes, the vast majority were decent and holy men. Most importantly, not one of them taught contrary to Church doctrine. The Holy Spirit protected the Church from error, even when a bad pope was in charge.
Can I expect an answer to my question anytime soon?

How do you define Apostolic Succession?

KM
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#406080 Nov 30, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Aside from the fact that all you know about the lives of these popes and the culture in which they lived comes from anti-Catholic sources, can you tell me at what point in a person's life that an act of true repentance would be too late for Christ's forgiveness?
NO<NO<NO, you are missing the point. I am not and did not say that they could not have been saved had they turned to Christ. I am saying that while they were LEADING the RCC in the top position in the church they were not saved, converted, christians. THEREFORE the whole theory of Apostolic Succession is null and void. It has not a leg to stand on. It makes no sense and does not align with what we are taught in scripures.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#406081 Nov 30, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Aside from the fact that all you know about the lives of these popes and the culture in which they lived comes from anti-Catholic sources, can you tell me at what point in a person's life that an act of true repentance would be too late for Christ's forgiveness?
So you are claiming that encyclopdieas are anti-catholic? You are paronoid my friend. Do you believe that anything not catholic is anti-catholic? Bearing false witness?
Anthony MN

United States

#406082 Nov 30, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>1. No.There is only ONE GOSPEL. It is not changed or made incorrect by the preacher. 2.Do you not understand that saved,converted,Christian are all synonymous. There is no such thing as a 'lost christian'.
Thank you. That destroys your argument that someone who is a sinner can't still be leading his flock in the truth.

So this preacher who has been having an affair divorces his wife and marries his mistress (causing her to divorce her husband), and spends the rest of his long life with her. According to Catholic doctrine this man is living in an adulterous relationship, a mortal sin. Is this man, someone who spends years in sin, saved, converted, Christian?
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#406083 Nov 30, 2012
Our Prayer; God’s Will

November 30, 2012— byDave Branon

Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les Lamborn

Read: 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

I pleaded with the Lord three times that [a thorn in the flesh] might depart from me.—2 Corinthians 12:8

Bible in a Year:
2 Corinthians 10-13

The handwritten prayer request was heartbreaking in its seeming impossibility:“Please pray—I have multiple sclerosis, weak muscles, trouble swallowing, increased pain, diminishing sight.” The woman’s body was breaking down, and I could sense despair in her plea for intercession.

But then came the hope—the strength that trumps the physical damage and degradation:“I know our blessed Savior is in full control. His will is of utmost importance to me.”

This person may have needed my prayers, but I needed something she had: unabated confidence in God. She seemed to present a perfect portrait of the truth God taught Paul when he asked for relief from his difficulty—what he called his “thorn in the flesh”(2 Cor. 12:7). His quest for relief turned out to be not just a seeming impossibility; his request was turned down flat by his heavenly Father. Paul’s continual struggle, which was clearly God’s will, was a valuable lesson: Through his weakness, God’s grace could be displayed and God’s strength was “made perfect”(v.9).

As we pour out our hearts to God, let’s be even more concerned with seeking His will than we are with receiving the answer we want. That’s where the grace and the strength come from.
Dear heavenly Father, I bring to You my petitions,but I give to You my heart. While I plead for You toanswer my prayers, I also submit to Your will so thatmy heart may be strengthened and Your work be done.
We pray not to obtain our will in heaven,
but to effect God’s will on earth.

#406084 Nov 30, 2012
Anthony wrote

~~~

SINCE YOU admit that YOU KNOW THE ten COMMANDMENTS...

Why do you bow yourself down to statues, icons, and idols ...

Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Exo 20:5 --> Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God,==> visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

BECAUSE... YOU DO BOW DOWN BEFORE THE ABOVE AND DISOBEY GOD...

==>GOD SAYS YOU HATE HIM...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush, First Lady Lay Wreaths At Ground Zero (Sep '06) 1 min swedenforever 64
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Stilgar Fifrawi 796,216
Homosexuals are servants and human children of ... 6 min Rick in Kansas 27
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min Pegasus 267,539
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 30 min Ricky F 37,645
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 1 hr Martix 508
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 2 hr TrueSoldier70 17
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr truth 607,250
Scientific proof for God's existence 5 hr Make World peace ... 617
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 5 hr Ntakudyaunya 12