Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,191
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#405876 Nov 29, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Truth wrote:
If you can’t lose your salvation, why is Satan STILL tempting you today??????????
Citation please.
....Or probably more accurately, this will be another post that you skip by, or change the topic, or some other diversion tactic to avoid answering.
In honesty, you should change your name to one that is more appropriate for your responses.
<quoted text>
Yep - avoiding the question with more non-answers.
FYI - the Book of Job basically shows us how "God" and "Satan" like to play with humans as toys and part of their game.
If one lets it happen, it probably will.
If one strives to succeed without these character's involved, one will realize that they will.
But the funny thing about the success, the person will probably give credit to "God" and if they failed, they seem to not give the credit to "Satan". Why is that?
A: because they know deep down inside that that failure was of their own making and doing. Nothing more or nothing less.
But being a so-called "Christian", you have a false sense of security through men, that has caused this.
In a nutshell, your dishonesty will only cause more hatred of others.
IMO - you sound as if "Satan" has "his" grip around you and hasn't let go.
NASL good friend

lol

How so very wrong you have the Book of Job!

How so very blind, that you put God and Satan, playing a game, as equals!

Gnosticism at its best is the worst sort of darkness....
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#405877 Nov 29, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too! How could it be?
I don't know.

Maybe one of the deeply enlightened ones can explain it -- how civilizations from Ancient Greece and China to today could possibly figure out that murder is immoral -- without the benefit of the Bible.

Deep.

Location hidden

#405878 Nov 29, 2012
<quoted text>
I can understnd this, because I also believe there is no god that controls this world - only men do.
Unfortunately, many a man, believe that one does, even though they can never explain why, if such a god exists, "He" doesn't stop wars, famine, poverty, homelessness, murder, kids freezing to death trying to get home, etc.
They would just rather blame it on men, even though out of the other side of their mouth, they say "God" created us.
They are so confused in their belief, they only believe what they do, because they want to be part of a larger lie.
Shoot - if honesty is a good example - it is far and few between with the posters on this forum, barring any recent posters sincerity (i.e "Clay").
NASL

If God created a circle, then it can't be a square.
If God created a stick, then it must have two ends.
If God created free-will, then there must be good and bad.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#405879 Nov 29, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder... How does one find out something that they don't know? Maybe a little research would do the trick? Naw! Maybe some self-adulation would work?
Why would I worry about what you think of my writings? You don't seem to worry too much about what the bible says; unless of course it agrees with your point of view, then it is as if god is speaking directly to you! But if you do not like it; then there is something wrong with the reader, the translation, or some other such bullshit.
No worries. I will just quote your god.
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
(Mark 7:9) Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law.

Jesus also criticizes them for washing their hands before eating.

Imagine how much human suffering would have been avoided if Jesus had taught some very basic personal hygiene -- instead of criticizing it!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405880 Nov 29, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the benefit of the Bible, how did the ancient Greeks know that murder was immoral?
How did the Chinese know? How did the rest of Asia know?
How did any civilization ever form and grow, without the benefit of the Bible?
And if the Bible is such a good source of morality, why do Catholic-majority countries have the highest murder rates in the world?
I'm so confused.
As if we couldn't have figured out rules of conduct ourselves.

Thous shalt not kill.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors goods.....
Thou shalt not steal....

all no brainers!

Moses carved these stones up himself, and claimed he ran up an down a mountainside to get them from God, everyone thought he was a hero.

If the stones were chisled in a primative way from God does that mean God was primative back in the day?

end of story.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#405881 Nov 29, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth good friend
When one is baptised in water, aren't sins washed away?
That inludes, past, present, and future....How far into the past?
Two questions:
What about original sin?(Isn't it in the nature of fallen man to sin?)
When does one start to sin after they are born.? Day one, day 8, day 10...?
I know this post wasn't to me, but it did catch my eye as a helpful starting point for others.

It is good to ask questions.....but more importantly, it is also good to be able to understand them as well.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I think where I am going with these questions is that it is the Grace of God that saves.
How do you know this? Is this a perception you acquired through your studies of various cultures, or just throguh the CCC?

I don't think anyone can answer in the way you expect, unless they know the mind of "God", like you imply you do - so why express it with such veracity?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Another way to put it is that God's Faithfulness is vaster than the Creation, and man's faithfulness is at best but a mustard seed....
WOW!! Where does this come from?

Citation please.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you believe that a baby cannot be baptised and saved?

If a little one never did anything to anyone, in order for it to be justified 'to be saved through baptism', what does it matter?

Are you thinking that baptism secures salvation for infants, until they can make their Confirmation of that baptism?

Wouldn't you think that "God", if the baby died before it was baptised, would still accept the baby, instead of "God" sending "His" new creation straight to some unfounded "place of torment"?

Doesn't sound like you have much 'faith' in your "God" to do the right thing at all.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Have the faith of a mustard seed?
If you had used GoThomas, you will see that Jesus explains the meaning of the "seed":
(20)

(1) The disciples said to Jesus: "Tell us whom the kingdom of heaven is like!"
(2) He said to them: "It is like a mustard seed.
(3) <It> is the smallest of all seeds.
(4) But when it falls on cultivated soil, it produces a large branch (and) becomes shelter for the birds of the sky."

Do you have an different opinion of the meaning behind this seed?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think it is the water that washes sins away?
I don't. Water in many cultures and in antiquity represents:
- cleansing
- love
- purity
- life

Albuquerque, NM

#405882 Nov 29, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
God did create Lucifer...and he rebelled against God.
Where's your proof?

Have you ever researched the origin of "Lucifer"?

I did supply you with a couple of links to get you started, but as a "good little Christian" you refused to acknowledge them.

Now, whose fault is that if you don't understand the truth?
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#405883 Nov 29, 2012
The Supremacy of Jesus Christ

Nov

He will glorify Me ...—John 16:14

The holiness movements of today have none of the rugged reality of the New Testament about them. There is nothing about them that needs the death of Jesus Christ. All that is required is a pious atmosphere, prayer, and devotion. This type of experience is not supernatural nor miraculous. It did not cost the sufferings of God, nor is it stained with “the blood of the Lamb”(Revelation 12:11). It is not marked or sealed by the Holy Spirit as being genuine, and it has no visual sign that causes people to exclaim with awe and wonder,“That is the work of God Almighty!” Yet the New Testament is about the work of God and nothing else.

The New Testament example of the Christian experience is that of a personal, passionate devotion to the Person of Jesus Christ. Every other kind of so-called Christian experience is detached from the Person of Jesus. There is no regeneration— no being born again into the kingdom in which Christ lives and reigns supreme. There is only the idea that He is our pattern. In the New Testament Jesus Christ is the Savior long before He is the pattern. Today He is being portrayed as the figurehead of a religion— a mere example. He is that, but He is infinitely more. He is salvation itself; He is the gospel of God!

Jesus said,“... when He, the Spirit of truth, has come,... He will glorify Me ...”(John 16:13-14). When I commit myself to the revealed truth of the New Testament, I receive from God the gift of the Holy Spirit, who then begins interpreting to me what Jesus did. The Spirit of God does in me internally all that Jesus Christ did for me externally.

Wisdom from Oswald Chambers

If there is only one strand of faith amongst all the corruption within us, God will take hold of that one strand. Not Knowing Whither

Albuquerque, NM

#405884 Nov 29, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the benefit of the Bible, how did the ancient Greeks know that murder was immoral?
How did the Chinese know? How did the rest of Asia know?
How did any civilization ever form and grow, without the benefit of the Bible?
And if the Bible is such a good source of morality, why do Catholic-majority countries have the highest murder rates in the world?
I'm so confused.
You aren't confused FM - although you do bring up specific points that are valid when debunking a belief and to show how it is unfounded.

Keep it up - you are most welcome here.

Albuquerque, NM

#405885 Nov 29, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No, man created both lucy and god.
Man created "God" - I agree they did.

Man created "Lucy"?

The "I Love Lucy" show? Yes.

"Lucy" the hominid? Hmmmm.....how?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australopithecus...

Location hidden

#405886 Nov 29, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Robert.
Robert says.
...I don't quite agree. I think atheists are fools.
Michael says...
Why would you make a blanket statement about people you know nothing personally about and ONLY because they don't accept the belief of a deity? Most I am sure live productive lives, follow the laws of the land, just like you, but just because they decided or their families decided that they had no belief in a higher power how does that make them fools?
Kind of arrogant for someone to make such a statement when you can't verifiably prove what you believe is true. Its a belief, and that is all it is.
Michael

I just don't have anything positive to respond to you here, without repeating myself.

:)

Albuquerque, NM

#405887 Nov 29, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
God did create Lucifer...and he rebelled against God.
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No, man created both lucy and god.
My bad - I'm sorry...."Lucy" was in reference to "Lucifer".

Yes, I agree - "Lucifer" is a construct of men.

OOPS!!

;o)

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#405888 Nov 29, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
(Mark 7:9) Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law.
Imagine how much human suffering would have been avoided if Jesus had taught some very basic personal hygiene -- instead of criticizing it!
I see our mistake! We are reading the bible! We should only be reading a few, preselected, verses!

A catholic knows that a man laying with a man as he would a women is wrong! But a trusted priest butt raping a young boy... god never said a word against that!!!

God also said that we should not bare false witness... but he never said anything about killing, bribing, threatening or hiding the the witness!

See! We just don't understand the bible. It's all there, you just have to know how to interpret, rationalize, twist, and/or ignore the written word!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#405889 Nov 29, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know.
Maybe one of the deeply enlightened ones can explain it -- how civilizations from Ancient Greece and China to today could possibly figure out that murder is immoral -- without the benefit of the Bible.
Deep.
So deep that it is right on the surface! LOL!

Albuquerque, NM

#405890 Nov 29, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL good friend
lol
How so very wrong you have the Book of Job!
How so very blind, that you put God and Satan, playing a game, as equals!
Gnosticism at its best is the worst sort of darkness....
You don't get it.

Supposedly - "God" gives permission to another entity to allow abuse of "His" child.

First off, if your "God" allowed this, then it is a game to "Him".

If your "God" was loving, then he would have 'smited' "Satan" immediately, but oh no....."He" allows the abuse to go on.

Unfortunately, you and other so-called "Christians" play the "persistence of faith in God" card.

Our Father doesn't do this, especially being a "being of love".

But you are still in a frame of mind that includes "pain and torture", "destruction", and "abuse" to an individual, so he can show that he will not waver fromt he ordeal, and instead wait for the positives to come after all is said and done ('the game'), without seeing any alternatives.

Most men are not like this. And also IMO - the allegoric symbolism is not "literal".

This is what men have told you to believe - and you've accepted it.

I'm not sure why you just can't believe that all men have "demons" that plummet us. Did you ever think that this is the symbolism that the story refers to?
- we all can overcome difficulty if we are persistant in our stance and there can be a reward at the end of the difficult tasks - if one seeks it out.

Only we can destroy our own life, otherwise, "God" would be stepping in more often. In one instance, would be allowing a little girl to get home, before she froze to death.

You aren't using logic in your faith.

Albuquerque, NM

#405891 Nov 29, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
If God created a circle, then it can't be a square.
If God created a stick, then it must have two ends.
If God created free-will, then there must be good and bad.
Key word in all of the statemenst is "if".

Again you speculate.

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#405892 Nov 29, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
*in his best hippy voice*
Radical, man....real radical!

Albuquerque, NM

#405893 Nov 29, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
As if we couldn't have figured out rules of conduct ourselves.
Thous shalt not kill.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors goods.....
Thou shalt not steal....
all no brainers!
Moses carved these stones up himself, and claimed he ran up an down a mountainside to get them from God, everyone thought he was a hero.
If the stones were chisled in a primative way from God does that mean God was primative back in the day?
end of story.
What would be interesting to find, would be the 10 commandments written in cuniform.

It would change religion!
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#405894 Nov 29, 2012
<quoted text>
Don't you think it is time to step out of the "Catholic" box and research the religion from the outside, just to see what all the hoopla is all about?
I became a Catholic because "I already have" (as you say) stepped out of the Catholic box! Sorry New Age-but I have had "my fill" of all of the inconsistent, contradicting hodge-podge of Protestant (anti-catholic) Reformation beliefs and opinions, for over 35 years. IT IS ALL YOURS!! There is NOT ONE Protestant denomination that (today) numbers over 42,000, which has ANY basis of biblical or historical TRUTH to support ANY of them!.... I am (in no way) saying that they are not Christian!...They mean well, have good intension but speak and proclaim superficial half-truth Christianity.-(Laced with heresy)--- Condemning and passing judgement against the faith and salvation of other Christians, who believe, follow and adhere to the Teachings of Jesus Christ----is the "essence" of the Protestant faith--"always referring back to the Catholic TRUTH,--"always using the Protestant (distortion of the TRUTH) attacks to "rip into the TRUTH of the doctrine and teachings of the Catholic Church...... Bible Only Protestants--have never, nor will ever be able to "stand on its own" beliefs without attacking the TRUTH of Jesus Christ in and through His One True Catholic Church. New Age---I know what bible only Protestantism is all about---YOU CAN HAVE IT!! I'll stick to the TRUTH of (over 2000 years) of biblical and historical PROVEN AND VERIFABLE TRUTH with Jesus Christ and His One True Church at Daily Mass, the Gospel, OT and NT readings, the eucharist, the Sacraments, and 24 hour adormation Prayer Chapel. YOU and other Protestants "can do what you want"---go argue, debate, discuss, dissent, and express your (personal opinions) with the rest of your other 42,000+ other Protestant beliefs who are ALL have "conflicting" ideas and opinions!!
Clay

United States

#405895 Nov 29, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!!! Not Fatima again?
The Church wanted to get rid of Communism. Hitler had just invaded Russia, so the Vatican concocted an absurd story that would curry favor with Mussolini, his pal Hitler, and hopefully help their mutual cause.
So they made up an absurd story that upon inspection, makes Mary sound like a narcissistic slut -- and you believe it!!! Shame on you for ever thinking Mary would be so self-centered as to say:
"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."
Pleeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz!!! World devotion to ME, or World War Two?
The humble and devoted young Jewish girl of the Bible would NEVER say such a thing.
Shame on you and the RCC!!!!
Hey don't get mad at me cuz you're too stupid to read and comprehend things.
At Fatima, the Miracle of The Sun took place.
This is a profound Miracle where God revealed His existence with a terrifying yet beautiful display in the sky...at the exact time three children said it would. Coincidence?
Yet, your free mind focusses on an apparent prophecy that a child declared the Blessed Mother said.
This is typical of gay Ideologues like yourself. Can you say A G E N D A?
Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min onemale 260,253
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min thewordofme 744,295
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 31 min andet1987 4,607
Why are hawaiians so racist against whites??? (Jun '08) 45 min Monet Light 30
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 51 min WasteWater 95,767
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 56 min my little Kitty 264
Is Michelle Obama a Horrible Mother? 1 hr andet1987 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Roberta G 174,213
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Patrick 228,601
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr mike 601,444