Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665388 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#405818 Nov 29, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
HOJO:you constantly say "bible only",why i don't know,ok try this,forget the bible exists and all the words in it,now "PROVE GOD/JESUS AND THE C.C. ARE ONE"
Don't need to PROVE IT to especially, you Jethro!~! Since you are so "indoctrinated and obsessed" with your ant-catholic sources of Church History, it is a total waste of my time"..... The Holy Spirit, through His Son Jesus, the Bible and TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY has proven to me (and to the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world) that God, Jesus and the Catholic Church are united in the TRUTH of the One TRUE Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ, in the FULLNESS of the faith and the TRUTH and in Our Lords Sacrificial gift of the Eucharist---and that is ALL THE TRUTH that I need to know!...... Again--believe what you want! Makes no difference to me!......... Other than praying for your heart, mind and soul that God will "open your eyes to the TRUTH" of His One True Catholic Church---you are wasting my time with your anti-catholic (heretical history)
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#405819 Nov 29, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure about the allegations you have made about Benny Hinn. I am not aware of such proof. I am not a fan, but we shouldn't FALSLE accuse anyone.
Google it, you be the judge.

From my perspective, this board is so filled with self-righteous false accusers, the accusation itself has become trivial and inconsequential.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#405820 Nov 29, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Sherlayne"
Believe me, it's not my intent to argue with you. I'm only providing info that a priest told me regarding cavemen not having souls. How can anyone know that?
The assurance that we have is the aforementioned verse: "And man became a living soul." Also "God looked on His creation, and said, "It is GOOD".
Many are not willing to accept what the Bible says...OR they don't know what it says. So they reason that the early man didn't have what we do, so they must have been dumb, ignorant cavemen.
Contrariwise, scripture tells of men writing with diamond tipped pens. It reveals weather patterns...including hurricane's, and also great life lessons.
Mankind has never been 'dumb'...just hard-headed!:)
KayMarie
We can add the following scripture as well:

Ecclesiastes 9:12Moreover, no man knows when his hour will come: As fish are caught in a cruel net, or birds are taken in a snare, so men are trapped by evil times that fall unexpectedly upon them.

Ecclesiastes 3:

17I said in my heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time for every purpose and for every work.

18I said in my heart concerning the condition of the sons of men, that God might reveal them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

19For that which befalls the sons of men befalls beasts; the same thing befalls them: as the one dies, so dies the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man has no advantage over a beast: for all is vanity.

20All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

21Who knows the spirit of man that goes upward, and the spirit of the beast that goes downward to the earth?

22Therefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his lot: for who can bring him to see what shall be after him?

Revelation 16:3

And the second angel poured out his bowl upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man; and every living thing died in the sea.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#405821 Nov 29, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't use links...unless it is BOB EVENS SAUSAGE..
I do have to agree with this one thing - Bob Evans Bisquits and Gravy are the snizzle!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#405822 Nov 29, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go again, making up another supposition about me - "...and not being within faith for you..."
- when did you arrive inside my mind?
- BTW - this is Self, if you think the first part of your first statement is true - "It all comes down to the way of thinking, and not being within faith".
- And yes I have "faith" - everyone does....I am not different than you in that regard. It is just my faith lies in a belief that has given me more - IMO - evidence worthy of believing them to be true. Whereas, you set aside that evidence and only accept what certain men have presented for you to believe and then place faith in those words. Sounds to me you have your 'faith' in men instead of Jesus.
"And when approached correctly, faith with reason is the way..."
- reason, logic and accuracy are more correct traits.
- I use reason, in my faith, everyday. Logic and accuracy came naturally as I researched what I chose to believe. And that doesn't mean to only use a certain selection of texts (as you do), nor does it mean to only use a certain selection of sources that are outside the belief being researched - as one can find nuggets of information and possible details where one least expects it.
NASL good friend

I am sympathetic with your appeal of researching your beliefs..., I too have done so. In fact I studied Buddhism, Hinduism, Sufism, and the Koran. Buddhism and Sufism quite deep.... In all of them are common elements, as you say "nuggets".

It is all to obvious that religions must have some nuggets of truth, and some of these truths are shared. But Christianity amongst all Religions is like the "Nail that sticks must get hammered down", as the Japanese proverb goes....

When one simply goes about collecting nuggets, this is not Truth, but a collection of truths....So collecting more nuggets, just gets you a bigger bag of truths, but this is not Truth.

Jesus Christ not another Buddha, Mohammed, Krishna. One can go about collecting all of their sayings, but that is all it is a bag of sayings even if put into practice, which is a "work". Salvation comes by Jesus Christ the Truth, crucfied, died, a resurrected, for your sin and salvation..., have faith in that.

Albuquerque, NM

#405823 Nov 29, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Robert.
Robert says.
...I don't quite agree. I think atheists are fools.
Michael says...
Why would you make a blanket statement about people you know nothing personally about and ONLY because they don't accept the belief of a deity? Most I am sure live productive lives, follow the laws of the land, just like you, but just because they decided or their families decided that they had no belief in a higher power how does that make them fools?
Kind of arrogant for someone to make such a statement when you can't verifiably prove what you believe is true. Its a belief, and that is all it is.
By now, and having been on this thread for a while, I think you would agree that arrogance is nothing new to these people.

Some play the card as if they have nothing else in their hand. Then there is the other group who only uses it when they know they haven't an answer.

SSDD.

Albuquerque, NM

#405824 Nov 29, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If He appeared in the sky tomorrow, people will look to the Vatican for answers, trust me .
Wrong. I won't.

So far you haven't said anything that would show that you are trustworthy.

Although, if I was present in the spot he is to do this deed, my first question to him would be:
- What took you so long?
- The second one would be, why didn't you step in sooner to fix all the discourse and immoral things?

Albuquerque, NM

#405825 Nov 29, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't need to PROVE IT to especially, you Jethro!~! Since you are so "indoctrinated and obsessed" with your ant-catholic sources of Church History, it is a total waste of my time"..... The Holy Spirit, through His Son Jesus, the Bible and TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY has proven to me (and to the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world) that God, Jesus and the Catholic Church are united in the TRUTH of the One TRUE Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ, in the FULLNESS of the faith and the TRUTH and in Our Lords Sacrificial gift of the Eucharist---and that is ALL THE TRUTH that I need to know!...... Again--believe what you want! Makes no difference to me!......... Other than praying for your heart, mind and soul that God will "open your eyes to the TRUTH" of His One True Catholic Church---you are wasting my time with your anti-catholic (heretical history)
*in his best hojo voice*

So there - you big ninny! I've prove it to myself, and that is all that matters, you big anti-Catholic bigot!!

Hmmm, that made me feel reeally good. Maybe I will become a Catholic!

:o)

"Lighten up Francis"

Albuquerque, NM

#405826 Nov 29, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Salvation comes by Jesus Christ the Truth, crucfied, died, a resurrected, for your sin and salvation..., have faith in that.
Why do you only have "faith" in a portion of what he taught?

Location hidden

#405827 Nov 29, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>here is an interesting prophecy given centuries before.
Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.
Is 26:19
and we know (I think we know) that those who came out of the graves came out after Jesus, since He is the First Fruit.
and we know(I think we know) that these men, probably women too, were Holy Saints that were known(I think)in that Holy City.
now we come to the hard part.
Jesus Preached to those who were left(I think) and those are ,or will be waiting for the Great Resurrection, I think.
guess that anyone can tell how sure that I am.lol
preston

I like that Is 26:19 verse....but the jewish word for herb there means a bit more, it is "like the dew of dawn", it is luminous.

The verse reminds me of the gentle rain that waters the earth...hmmm

Deut 32:2

"My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass...."

And I think you are getting to what I was thinking about last in what you call the Great Resurrection....It is both a physical thing but more a metaphysical thing, and thus a sign for believers..., Those who were resurrected from the grave, did they go back into the grave after Jesus ascended into heaven, or did they follow him, or in some way, they appeared and disappeared after they were seen awaiting the Great Resurrection, or even still, are they among us, without us seeing them....Lots of possibilities here. Something to really ponder.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#405828 Nov 29, 2012
<quoted text>
*in his best hojo voice*
So there - you big ninny! I've prove it to myself, and that is all that matters, you big anti-Catholic bigot!!
Hmmm, that made me feel reeally good. Maybe I will become a Catholic!
:o)
"Lighten up Francis"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =C6cxNR9ML8kXX
New Age---I apologize for "making a comment" with such an opinionated and intolerant manner. I have always believed that whether we are Protestant, Catholic or whatever Christian belief that we are ALL brothers and sisters in Christ. However---it is clear that bible only Protestants do not hold that same opinion of us Catholics and it "irks me" to no end, to hear this anti-catholic bias attacks and distortion of the TRUTH regarding what the Catholic Church "actually believes and teaches"..... I have listened to this "same old" "Protestant trash talking" for over 35 years as a bible only Lutheran and it takes (all the patience that I have) to try and attempt to "suppress" the anger and displeasure towards (so-called Christians) who should know better!!
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405829 Nov 29, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Google it, you be the judge.
From my perspective, this board is so filled with self-righteous false accusers, the accusation itself has become trivial and inconsequential.
I did. You may be right.
Michael

Canada

#405830 Nov 29, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, at the grooms dinner before my daughters wedding our priest had a beer with me in my home. There were no belly dancers, so does that mean we're still "ungodly"?
Anthony said.....

There were no belly dancers.

Michael says...

ONLY! because your wife wouldn't allow them.

preston

Athens, OH

#405831 Nov 29, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
GIF,I know that once our Lord died that His death put an end to the animal sacrifice.
What I was wondering is,why do the Jews not sacrifice animals now?
They do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah.
They still go by the Levitical laws as far as food and such.
Yet,they don't sacrfice like they did back then.
Well,I looked this up just now.
The Torah continues: "Watch yourself! Lest you bring your burnt elevated offerings in any place you see fit. Only in the place that the Lord will choose, somewhere from among your tribes, there shall your bring your burnt elevated offerings, and there you must do all that I command you concerning this." (Deut 12:13-14)
Thus, once King Solomon completed and dedicated the Holy Temple in Jerusalem, animal sacrifices were offered only in the Temple. It would be a sin to offer sacrifices in any other place. And once the Temple was destroyed in 70 CE, no more animal sacrifices were offered.
http://judaism.about.com/od/abcsofjudaism/f/s...
I was surprised that noone answered your question. even now the Isaelittes are training Priests to perform their duties.

all of the dishes have been made plus all of the robes and special clothing. years ago, hal lindsey said that they were buying rocks from Beford Ind to make the temple, which is funny, since if there is one thing that Israel has ,is rocks.

http://israeljewishnews.blogspot.com/2008/07/...
Michael

Canada

#405832 Nov 29, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age---I apologize for "making a comment" with such an opinionated and intolerant manner. I have always believed that whether we are Protestant, Catholic or whatever Christian belief that we are ALL brothers and sisters in Christ. However---it is clear that bible only Protestants do not hold that same opinion of us Catholics and it "irks me" to no end, to hear this anti-catholic bias attacks and distortion of the TRUTH regarding what the Catholic Church "actually believes and teaches"..... I have listened to this "same old" "Protestant trash talking" for over 35 years as a bible only Lutheran and it takes (all the patience that I have) to try and attempt to "suppress" the anger and displeasure towards (so-called Christians) who should know better!!
HOJO said....

New Age---I ""APOLOGIZE" " for "making a comment" with such an opinionated and intolerant manner. I have always believed that whether we are Protestant, Catholic or whatever Christian belief that we are ALL brothers and sisters in Christ.

Michael says.....

After you apologize, the very next paragraph, you go right back into belittling, and trash talking the protestants all over again!(lol)

Can you not help yourself HOJO?

Does the devil make you do it?
dr of history

United States

#405833 Nov 29, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony said.....
There were no belly dancers.
Michael says...
ONLY! because your wife wouldn't allow them.
Catholics make me sick with their perverted priest walikng around with pup tents raunching alter boys up the fudge tunnel and the pope gives them the thumbs up and releases the grey smoke in honor of it.Them pervert bastards!!!!

Location hidden

#405834 Nov 29, 2012
<quoted text>
Why do you only have "faith" in a portion of what he taught?
NASL good friend

I am glad you put the word faith in quotes....It throws me a bit.

But your question is familiar, and so I give the familiar answer. The Bible is the standard text of Christianity.

Though there may be writings outside the Bible which Jesus spoke, and are inspired(I grant you even this), we cannot rely on them as a standard.

Here is the problem....Some of them might not have circulated well enough for the whole Church to include them into the standard Bible. But the standard has more than sufficient meaning for one person in a lifetime to fathom....So there is no loss.

(Your argument might hold water better for Islaam, as it has only one writer, and as we see it, had a big "enlightenment" period, but has not recovered, nor does it seem to be going in that direction, instead envy of the West's(Christianity) advances makes them groan....)

But from what I have seen of the Gnostic teachings of the Gospels, they convey very different meanings than the standard. And even within their own context, get wrapped up in upon themselves, so that knowledge is means of salvation rather than Jesus.

I grant you clarity of thinking is very important, and from that understanding. Being informed and constantly learning is a means of growth. The Foundation is not what Jesus said. It is Jesus. We don't see the foundation(generally speaking) but we know its there.

The world of perceived knowledge, of sayings, of language, of "nuggets of truth" is one that changes meanings with nuances and cultural glasses as time moves forward. It is like shifting sand. Sturdy enough to build on, but shifts....We look and suddenly we see the wall is cracked in the wall.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#405835 Nov 29, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time God revealed Himself (as one of us) we tortured and killed Him.
If He appeared in the sky tomorrow, people will look to the Vatican for answers, trust me .
Then, most likely, WWIII will break out because Muslims will think God Just gave the sign to attack Israel. Atheist will say it wasn't a sign at all, but just a natural event.(Fatima 1917)
You best be careful Clay;

"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."
preston

Athens, OH

#405836 Nov 29, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure about the allegations you have made about Benny Hinn. I am not aware of such proof. I am not a fan, but we shouldn't FALSLE accuse anyone.
they arent allegations about benny hinn,

THEY ARE FACTS. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS?

UPDATE* See JACK HAYFORD TO REMARRY WF HERETIC BENNY HINN TO EX-WIFE

After a report of an alleged affair between top level Word Faith heretics Benny Hinn and Paula White surfaced in The National Enquirer, in posts such as Paula White: Is She, Or Isn’t She? and Benny Hinn And Paula White Side By Side here at Apprising Ministries, I’ve been doing what I can to point you to the facts; as obscure as they appear to be.

In order for you to be able to evaluate this issue for yourself, just the other day AM correspondent Chrystal Whitt of Slaughter of the Sheep posted the videos of Hinn’s “defense” of his relationship with pastrix White in Benny Hinn Defends Himself Against National Enquirer. And now Charisma, flagship magazine for the charismatic movement, has today released Benny Hinn Admits ‘Friendship’ With Paula White But Tells TV Audience It’s Over.

After the Enquirer “pictured them holding hands in Rome on July 13” Charisma reporter Adrienne S. Gaines informs us that at a “crusade in Oakland, Calif.” Benny Hinn “admitted” to his “having a ‘friendship’ with fellow” Word Faith mogul Paula White “while he’s still married”. Gaines then explains that Benny Hinn “says the relationship is over” and continues:

http://apprising.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/...
Michael

Canada

#405837 Nov 29, 2012
<quoted text>
By now, and having been on this thread for a while, I think you would agree that arrogance is nothing new to these people.
Some play the card as if they have nothing else in their hand. Then there is the other group who only uses it when they know they haven't an answer.
SSDD.

I like all people, how can that possibly be wrong?

Our world will always be divided, as long as we have people who keep saying "I AM RIGHTEOUS AND YOU ARE NOT"

For the life of me, I can't see how people can attach themselves to a belief, that shows only hatred towards anyone not like them.

makes no common sense....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 16 min Seentheotherside 589
3 Newspapers in Eagle RIver AK 16 min eljay577 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min RiversideRedneck 977,399
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 30 min RiversideRedneck 88,252
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Pegasus 284,577
The Future of Politics in America 37 min Nohweh 259
I still LOVE YOU SO MUCH, Ewa, Honey 38 min Ewa 8
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Nohweh 176
More from around the web