Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692109 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#405756 Nov 29, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Feelings are deceitful...The just does not live by his five senses..
he lives by faith...and is led by the Holy Spirit of God...
Abraham is an example of faith...believing God
Rom 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
Rom 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
Rom 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
You are funny.

You begin with - "Abraham is an example of faith...believing God"

and then end with quoting something from "Paul".

Really???

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#405757 Nov 29, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, GIF!
We are baptized into his death, correct?
So the baptism we receive today is in the Father, <Son,> and the Holy Spirit....
Why?
We are baptized into His death, burial and resurrection....
~~~
Since his church was birth by is

death,

burial,

resurrection,and

ascension

we are a part of his body,

which will soon follow Him ...

(be united with Him,)

as a part of His bride.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#405758 Nov 29, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
Baptism doesn't guarantee salvation. No, I don't think the bad popes, if they died unrepentent, are in heaven. Many self-described 'born again' and 'saved' evangelicals are ungodly and unchristian. That's why belief in OSAS is so dangerous.
This is why that GOD is the judge. He knows the sheep from the wolves, regardless of the denomination they are in.
It is also why that WE should be Christians FIRST, and not be divided over whatever 'denomination' we are in. As one founding father of America declared: If we don't 'hang together', we will "HANG" separately.
The devil is anxious to hang us all...
KayMarie
Nice sentiment Kay, however I believe you speak with a forked tongue. Based on your contstant trouble making and subsequent denial thereof, and your husband's daily blasting of the evil sodomizing and spiritual fornicating Catholics and their Church, I don't believe word you say.

Albuquerque, NM

#405759 Nov 29, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Feelings are deceitful...The just does not live by his five senses..
he lives by faith...and is led by the Holy Spirit of God...
Abraham is an example of faith...believing God
Rom 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
Rom 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
Rom 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
BTW - FYI - Abram (Biblical Abraham) came from UR - Sumer.

Can you please tell me where it shows that Abraham renounces his heritage?

"Sumerians did not worship the God that would later be known as the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Each city in the area was identified with its own god. The god of both Ur and Haran was Nanna, which was the god of the moon, which also was known as "father of the gods" and "creator of all things". Oddly enough, Moslems trace their religious heritage through Ishmael; some believe that Allah's origins lie in Hubal, the god of the moon. Whether Allah was derived from the Sumerian Nanna or not is buried in the sands of time."
http://voices.yahoo.com/abrahams-life-as-abra...
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#405760 Nov 29, 2012
<quoted text>
While you believe in transubstantiation I don't,,
Yet I do not mock you...
Joh 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
Joh 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
Joh 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
Joh 6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
Joh 6:59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
~~~
The word eat defined in Greek as used above New Testaments
Eat
EAT, v.t. pret. ate; pp. eat or eaten.[L. edo, esse, esum.]
. To consume; to oppress.
Psa 14:4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD.
Joh_6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man -->eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
Joh_6:54 Whoso--> eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh_6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
Joh_6:56 He that -->eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
-->In scripture,-->to eat the flesh of Christ,
is to believe on Christ Jesus and be nourished by faith.<--
As The Apostle Paul wrote..
Php_3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
____
At no time in the bible did any one literately drink the blood or eat the flesh of Jesus..
There is no record of such a practice recorded in the Bible.
In 1 Co chapter 11...verses 20,21,22.34
The Apostle Paul voiced disagreement of the way some were eating the Lord's supper...
He wrote
1Co 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
1Co 11:21 For in eating
every one taketh before other his own supper:
and
one is hungry, and another is drunken.
1Co 11:22 What? have ye not houses to eat
and to drink in?
or despise ye the church of God,
and
shame them that have not?
What shall I say to you?
shall I praise you in this?
I praise you not.
1Co 11:34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation.
And
the rest will I set in order when I come.
I know these verses well. You mis-interpret them. I know that because the men who were taught by the authors of these verses say you're wrong. Thanks anyway.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#405761 Nov 29, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Deliberate ignorance is a form of deceit. Convincing yourself that certain verses are saying X, just because you really really want it to say X...is a form of lying. They do it all the time of here.
And yes, SOME have posted scripture verses knowing its wrong.
You can't read either.

I said if one truly believes in their heart passage is true, it's not lying.

Now you don't know what lying means or deceit.

Albuquerque, NM

#405762 Nov 29, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the church really think any halfway rational person would believe such lunacy?
Yep - it does.

How else has it lasted?

IMO - it is mainly because people haven't researched the religion before joining it.

This is the case, because of the parental indoctrination that many people have had.

Fortunately for my generation and the generations that were the result of mine - strating with the introduction of technology - something the so-called "Church" couldn't control, we believe that individuals have a choice, and thus have given these choices to our children.

The so-called "Church" doesn't like this, because now they are losing out with followers. The numbers don't lie, people do.
Michael

Canada

#405763 Nov 29, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? There is no mystery why people are leaving the Church. The Vatican is not in a dilema. And there won't be any turnaround either. At least, not on the Vaticans end. How many times do we have to tell you. The Catholic Church isn't dictated my popular opinion or cultural influence. Protestants are.
America and Europe are walking away from Catholicism (and many other moral structures too) Africa and South America are not.
The Church aint going away no matter what. Your great great grandkids will have come and gone mike, and the Church will still be standing with little or no change from the current doctrine.
The catholic church is only as big as the number of adherents it has. Without followers there is no church. With so many catholics today moving on, and new generations of young people not even wanting to get started, it all moves through the system within a generation or two.

France was the flagship for catholicism 50 years ago in europe along with Ireland, Italy. Today 87% of the French are baptized catholics but you can see in one or two generations that those baptized 50 years ago, the younger catholics have given up. Out of the 87%, less than 10% actually practice their faith today. So numbers are very important.

The catholic church does thrive on numbers, your pal HOJO keeps reminding us there are 1.168 Billion members, and don't think for a minute the hirearchy isn't crunching numbers all the time.

30 years ago we all believed the large steel companies, and textile mills were TOO BIG to fail and would be a huge committment to our economies forever. Cheap labor elsewhere changed everything in one generation.

The church will be around 50 years from now, but much downsizing is coming, but that shouldn't matter to you, as long as the church still exists.

Albuquerque, NM

#405764 Nov 29, 2012
who="hojo"
Amen ---Clay and KayMarie! This is a time to "unite in Jesus Christ and in prayer, despite our differences!
Agree. The enemy wants to destroy us because we represent Jesus in this world. He doesn't care about our differences. If we put differences first, we are only helping him to destroy us.
Pray for Israel. I understand that the U.N. is voting on splitting Jerusalem tomorrow. Pray for Herme, and pray for this nation.
KayMarie
Correction - you represent only half of Jesus.

Please be honest when you speak of Jesus.

Albuquerque, NM

#405765 Nov 29, 2012
Pray for Israel. I understand that the U.N. is voting on splitting Jerusalem tomorrow. Pray for Herme, and pray for this nation.
KayMarie
I'm praying that you will be honest to yourself and others.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#405766 Nov 29, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I dislike it to,I guess Anthony you are trying to get back at the evangelicals for claiming the Catholics work their way to salvation.
I do not know too many people who go into the evangelical circles churches and fellowships who deprive themselves of that wonderful gift of salvation and grace from the Lord,and walk in it,live it and proceed to spread it around the best way they can.
Countless numbers of Catholics go to Mass,go through the rituals and come out as cold and dead in their view of the Living Christ as before they entered the church,I lived amongst scores of Catholics for many years,I was raised with them.In my family,everyone went to mass but my grandmother was the only one who tried to live her faith,out of quite a few people in her family,they used to call my grandmother Saint Anne.The rest of us were just regular people of the world,we ate,drank and were merry,we had sex with each other outside of marriage,we cussed,drank a lot,and mocked the things of God.
I have even seen priests drink with the catholic men,cuss with the best of them and so on.Anthony,when I got amongst the evangelicals those who lived hellish lives were the minority.Naturally there were those who did not live the life,but they were a small number compared to those who attended the churches,read their bibles,went to Bible studies,and worked together with their pastors to keep the church alive,abundant in spirit,and a beacon of hope for all who entered in.
I am not saying that they were perfect,but you Catholics on this board better wait till I am dead to prove to the other prots on here your Catholic saints are a majority and not the extreme minority in Catholic communities.
However I do grant you that tides have changed a little,and many Catholics are more serious about their faith than 20 years ago,but still many have no clue as to the GRACE,and the CROSS and what affect it can have on their lives,it is all just ritual to many.
You are in no position to judge the spiritual condition of Catholics after mass and our 'rituals'. The issue DAN, was what is the 'free gift'. You can't rebut my statement, so you go off on another rant about how great your fellow evangelicals are and how terrible the evil Catholics are. I tire of your anecdotes, try 'em on someone else.

Albuquerque, NM

#405767 Nov 29, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And why happens when you follow a different gospel message.....
Galatians 1:6-7
6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—
7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.
In which you refuse to believe that you are following a different gospel....
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#405768 Nov 29, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And why happens when you follow a different gospel message.....
Galatians 1:6-7
6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—
7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.
In which you refuse to believe that you are following a different gospel....
Why do you think "Paul" preached a different 'gospel' than Jesus, and not the one Jesus did promote?

Albuquerque, NM

#405769 Nov 29, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one being dishonest with yourself....
How so?

#405770 Nov 29, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice sentiment Kay, however I believe you speak with a forked tongue. Based on your contstant trouble making and subsequent denial thereof, and your husband's daily blasting of the evil sodomizing and spiritual fornicating Catholics and their Church, I don't believe word you say.
~~~

Evidently the truth of our post is getting to you...since you are continually troubled by them...

Are you living in fear that some one such as your self... just might find out what the Bible really says and what true salvation is, by reading our post

Is it not the truth that irritates....the guilty?

We believe OUR HEAVENLY FATHER as little children...

Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you,

Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he

shall not enter therein.

Luk_18:17 Verily I say unto you,

Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall

in no wise enter therein.

Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Joh_18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king.

To this end was I born, and

for this cause came I into the world,

that I should bear witness unto the truth.

Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#405771 Nov 29, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Deliberate ignorance is a form of deceit. Convincing yourself that certain verses are saying X, just because you really really want it to say X...is a form of lying. They do it all the time of here.
And yes, SOME have posted scripture verses knowing its wrong.
Lets look at this shall we Clay.

You said: "Deliberate ignorance is a form of deceit".

Deliberate means - done consciously and intentionally

Now look at this:

Ignorance means - lack of knowledge

***I guess I have to ask...what the heck does deliberate ignorance mean?

Albuquerque, NM

#405772 Nov 29, 2012
Truth wrote:

If you can’t lose your salvation, why is Satan STILL tempting you today??????????

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Citation please.
....Or probably more accurately, this will be another post that you skip by, or change the topic, or some other diversion tactic to avoid answering.
In honesty, you should change your name to one that is more appropriate for your responses.
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
TRUTH hurts doesn't it.....lol....
Satan's temptations or attacks.....
Job 2:4-7
4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied.“A man will give all he has for his own life.
5 But now stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face.”
6 The Lord said to Satan,“Very well, then, he is in your hands; but you must spare his life.”
7 So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the crown of his head.
Job 2:9-10
9 His wife said to him,“Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!”
10 He replied,“You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?”
In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.
Yep - avoiding the question with more non-answers.

FYI - the Book of Job basically shows us how "God" and "Satan" like to play with humans as toys and part of their game.

If one lets it happen, it probably will.

If one strives to succeed without these character's involved, one will realize that they will.

But the funny thing about the success, the person will probably give credit to "God" and if they failed, they seem to not give the credit to "Satan". Why is that?

A: because they know deep down inside that that failure was of their own making and doing. Nothing more or nothing less.

But being a so-called "Christian", you have a false sense of security through men, that has caused this.

In a nutshell, your dishonesty will only cause more hatred of others.

IMO - you sound as if "Satan" has "his" grip around you and hasn't let go.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#405773 Nov 29, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just stupid.
TBS

I don't quite agree. I think atheists are fools, but not stupid.

Its when they are stupid and fools that they become dangerous.

#405774 Nov 29, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in no position to judge the spiritual condition of Catholics after mass and our 'rituals'. The issue DAN, was what is the 'free gift'. You can't rebut my statement, so you go off on another rant about how great your fellow evangelicals are and how terrible the evil Catholics are. I tire of your anecdotes, try 'em on someone else.
SINCE YOU BELIEVE THAT YOUR CHURCH HAS

THE ONLY WAY

THE MONOPOLY

THE FRANCHISE..

YOU EVIDENTLY WANT US TO YIELD AND PAY HOMAGE

TO THE ROMAN CATHOLICS ...

THAT SIR WILL NEVER HAPPEN,,

NOT ON EARTH NOR IN HEAVEN...

Mat_4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Luk_4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

COPYRIGHT..

Michael

Canada

#405775 Nov 29, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
[52] And the graves were opened: and many bodies of the saints that had slept arose,[53] And coming out of the tombs after his resurrection, came into the holy city, and appeared to many.
Honestly, if this didn't convince them that Jesus is the Messiah, I don't know what would. It puzzles me how so many still refused to believe. Was it just hard-heartedness do you think?
When Christ preached the Good News to the just in Gehenna, wouldn't their souls have gone to Heaven after His resurrection?
ReginaM. Says.......

.....And the graves were opened: and many bodies of the saints that had slept arose,[53] And coming out of the tombs after his resurrection, came into the holy city, and appeared to many.

Let me get this right. Saints are ones who follow Christ. So who could have died or been dead already in their graves, who had followed christ? Lets not forget according christian writers Jesus died a Jew just 3 days before.

If you were in a cemetary today and zombies started coming out of their graves would you believe it, or would you give your head a shake?

You said the dead saints appeared to many. Who were these witnesses? Not one testimony from anyone, named in the scriptures of who they were and what they saw. Anyone can write anything and say 500 or 50,000 people witnessed something, but when you give names of who they were, and what they claimed to see that kind of helps the credability along wouldn't ya think?(lol)

I could say I saw dead people walking and there were 200 people with me who saw it too, would you believe me?

I could write better fiction.(lol)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 min Paul really is dead 462
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min NotSoDivineMsM 47,058
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 28 min Exposing Devil Lies 619,845
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min Tellthetruth 990,699
beware of raymond rotolo / ps inspections llc 2 hr BEWARE_RAY_ROTOLO 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr waaasssuuup 445,850
LeBron James: Should he STAY or should he GO?? 4 hr Exposing Devil Lies 7
More from around the web