Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649826 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#405591 Nov 28, 2012
Michael wrote:
If any of the religious on this forum truly had the smoking gun of truth, this forum would have ended 405,000 posts ago........
....but it carries on with posters claiming...... "MY GOD LOVES ME MORE THAN YOU"........"Jesus loves me but satan loves you"
UNBELIEVABLE!
For you, Michael, your definition,and proof of TRUTH is a "repeat performance" of the words of the Pharisees aS they stood before Jesus, while HE was hanging on the cross---as they said----"Come down from that cross so they we, too, might believe"--that you ARE Christ--the Son of God!!
preston

Athens, OH

#405592 Nov 28, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so I know the rules....
I'm permitted to talk about osas as long as I don't bring it up?
you can bring it up the next time we lose to that team up north and not before.

thats the ground rule. and if YOU break it, you will not be allowed to vote for Miller for the heisman.
preston

Athens, OH

#405593 Nov 28, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.
**This verse has nothing to do with osas and I never said it did. The verse isn't even talking about christians.
That is what I said.glad that you caught on ,at last.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#405594 Nov 28, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Pad"Kay Marie,you are talking to Catholics in 2012,a very candid group that view things much differently than their predecessors.American Catholics especially have heard our evangelical broadcasts on TV and the radio.Many have watched Billy Graham,and even some catholic bishops have encouraged their flocks to attend Billy Graham crusades in their cities when he came there.
The evangelical expression of Catholicism has been ignited by the era of Catholic Charismatic renewal,there is much evangelical fervor amongst priests,sisters in communities and brothers,many of the laity have been involed in the charismatic movement.We are on a thin line when we claim that Catholics today do not know the gospel,in its dynamic evangelical message of personal salvation and unique fellowship with Christ.
Neverthless,Catholics today are experiencing as well a surge of liberalism which threatens that evangelical revival as it were.The liberal factions are the many Catholics who are cultural but not transformed by the gospel.Our evangelical churches and fellowships major in transforming power of Christ,and we have done so ever since the Holy Spirit decided long ago to inspire men and women like the Apostles Peter and Paul,to preach a dynamic personal faith that seeks the continual exchanges of the heart from that of the flesh to that of the Spirit.It is difficult,but true.
Many Catholics have known that truth and for centuries,we can read about dynamic saints and laity who have been transformed by the Lord,all through Catholic history.nevertheless the Catholic church is plagued with several personalities,and each one fights for dominance.Now in this time the evangelical voice within Catholicism is fighting hard for the people to turnfrom their wicked ways,but the cultural Catholics who resist such attend mass regularly and consider themselves every wit Catholic,remain as a thorn in the flesh to the others.It will be interesting to see who will supersede the other,will it be the liberals and cultural Catholics,or will it be those who are evangelical in their practise of Catholicism?
I know this, Pad. The gospel (Good News) has been so well-known in the past century in America, that many in various groups have discovered that Good News.
The problem is that (pride, maybe) has prevented them from leaving the old 'connection'. Thus the new generation is left struggling. The JW's and others have changed some of their approach, but still hold to the name, which causes the world to miss the truth. They are still identified with the 'old' group/name.
We are called to follow Him...to lift HIS name on high...not the name of our de-nom(name)in-ation (action).(A name/action of a group.)
KayMarie
KayMarie
God knows how much I agree with you.You know Kay Marie when I accepted Christ in 68 and than went into the army,I met so many believers,and many were of various groups and denominations.But youknow when all was said and done,we learned to get along with Jesus as our common denominator.Jesus makes the difference,and that is the unity in His Spirit,which is initiated by the Lord Himself,and He alone.Who knows better how to unify His body,than Christ! Right?

I was raised Roman Catholic,and came out of that church in the late 60s,but went back when married in 79,we stayed 5 years and had both of our babies baptized by two different priests.Our older members of the families we came from were so blessed,it was so nice.But my wife and I found that the RCC was not the place for us in the long run,we found another church,and our children both know the Lord,and are walking with Him.Cont.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#405595 Nov 28, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>That is what I said.glad that you caught on ,at last.
you said I think it is indictive of osas...I never said that. If I did show me.
preston

Athens, OH

#405596 Nov 28, 2012
Chuck do you want me to drop it(OSAS) too? I can if you wish. but it only applies to you.

I could care less about the rest of them
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405597 Nov 28, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>a PARROT?
you have only replied to the post that I made to marge around 6 or 7 times, with your same Cliché.
AND IT ISNT BECAUSE YOU ARE DEFENDING MARGE, YOU COULD CARE LESS IF AS THE NIGHT WEARS ON THE STONIER SHE GETS.
it is just a feeble attempt on my part.lol
Get thee behind me, SATAN.
preston

Athens, OH

#405598 Nov 28, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
you said I think it is indictive of osas...I never said that. If I did show me.
if I attributed you as saying that, my bad, I am sorry
Pad

Fishers, IN

#405599 Nov 28, 2012
Continued to Kay Marie.I was very troubled by the fact that every Catholic I met at that time saw things as their church being the only true church because of the cultural aspect.

I of course knew that there were spiritual reasons for the existance of any church that seeks to serve God.But my wife and I were surrounded by those people in the Catholic Church who found no pleasure in being with those who were active in relationship oriented faith in Christ.The people we knew hired a belly-dancer to entertain the priest who was going to leave that particular parish we were in. I knew when we went to the meeting to set up the going away party for the priest,we were in the wrong place.Nothing was said or done in a manner that I knew as an evangelical Christian,my wife was disgusted with the fact that the committee sought to hire a belly dancer,and whatever.Booze was also to be part of the festivities.

It was too gone for me as I had been quite far down the road of evangelical life,having gone to a Bible College and being around evangelicals for years.I did not understand that there were cultural Catholics,my wife was not involved with evangelicals as long as me,but now she is well immersed in the same,and will never look in another direction for praise,worship and fellowship.

All her relatives are staunch cultural catholics,not one of them except one cousin even remotely has a clue as to what the Bible says about Grace,or the Cross,they hear it at the mass,but they want nothing to do with it in their church or their social lives.They are all liberals,and talk very freely about how much they do not like this present pope or the one previous.Even the father who is now dead,spoke to me one time about how much he does not agree at all with Pope John Paul 2.But yet he attended mass every sunday.He supported abortion rights,and was a staunch Democrat.The priest at his funeral said of him that he was a wonderful Christian,father,husband,and a real example of a Christian in action. I am not judging him,but it is so typical of so many who are in a system that perpetuates ritual and observances,rather than to seek a personal relationship with the very Creator who gave them life to begin with.

Its a long story,but the truth is we all need to be converted,it does not get anymore plainer than that.Told tell me your church is the only true one,and totally forget to tell me that Jesus is the ONE I need to be converted to.It is so important that we know Him!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#405600 Nov 28, 2012
preston wrote:
Chuck do you want me to drop it(OSAS) too? I can if you wish. but it only applies to you.
I could care less about the rest of them
Agree

you'll never hear it from me again.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#405601 Nov 28, 2012
May God bless you Preston
marge

Leesburg, GA

#405602 Nov 28, 2012
Don't worry about it 4gvn, he's always been an enemy, of the True Gospel even.
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#405603 Nov 28, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you can bring it up the next time we lose to that team up north and not before.
thats the ground rule. and if YOU break it, you will not be allowed to vote for Miller for the heisman.
What insanities are you talking about?
how many pipes did you smoke before posting?
preston

Athens, OH

#405604 Nov 28, 2012
marge wrote:
May God bless you Preston
I learned avaluable lessson as far as you and LTM are concerned.

neither of you could be trusted to keep your word, therefore, I have nothing but contempt for both of you.

there are other topics that I can set on you two.

I did it because I like Chuck, I dont feel the same about people who give their word and then break it before 24 hours are up.

and the other day, On ONE page, Orville attacked me 6 times.

ONE PAGE.

and yet LTM said that I attacked him.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#405605 Nov 28, 2012
JaciKJ wrote:
Blah blah blah
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH to you too.
preston

Athens, OH

#405606 Nov 28, 2012
where I come from, it is one of the poorest counties in Ohio.

and about the only thing that many possess around here is their word,

and when that isnt any good, then neither are they
Pad

Fishers, IN

#405607 Nov 28, 2012
The next Pope of the RCC will be a unique one to say the least.He will have to either be one who will continue to promote the authentic gospel o f Christ,or he will be a political mesh of varied factions,knowing how to sound like a Christian,but yet at the same time leading his church into the one world church,the Bible symboizes in the Book of Revelation.

Roman Catholicism wants so much to be the only one,true magnificent in splendor and so on,and it will have its chance to once again politically stand before all the world.

Will it have its rites,one liberal and one evangelical and seek to immesh both into one pot? You Catholics better be aware of what is going on in your church,you get disgusted with us who are outside,but I wonder how much you really know is going on within your beloved organization.It is the largest so called Christian institution,and it is well known for its political savvy,how interesting to watch what it does in the pressure of this sick world?

It is so important that the Catholics are aware of the divide within their own institution of God.They are so quick to tell us believers that the Bible although Holy is just a Book that we can use as a resource as it were,but the very Book speaks of mixing oil with water,darkness and light,sin and grace.All of us have to be alert,but the Catholics not only have their souls to watch for,but their church as well that either may lead them to heaven or to H E L L.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#405608 Nov 28, 2012
Of course the Roman Catholic church says it is the only true church. Pretty much every religious sect makes that claim. That's why religion can never bring peace, and will always be at war with itself and everyone else.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#405609 Nov 28, 2012
Prince Helmut Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>
What insanities are you talking about?
how many pipes did you smoke before posting?
Don't you hate when someone opens their piehole about someone else's conversation that they know nothing about....me too.

He was talking to me about the Ohio State/Michigan game...good gravy why am I wasting my time. I'll never get this time of my life back.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#405610 Nov 28, 2012
wilderide wrote:
Of course the Roman Catholic church says it is the only true church. Pretty much every religious sect makes that claim. That's why religion can never bring peace, and will always be at war with itself and everyone else.
Got bored on the atheist's forum eh wildride. Welcome...we'll learn ya!!!

What bring peace wildride....God hating liberals???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min VIKING 56,046
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min onemale 281,473
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Ooogah Boogah 972,385
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 3 hr Ricky F 39,053
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 4 hr Flower-Child 53,840
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 4 hr Danielle 171
Black gay brothers drop your BBM pins 4 hr from uk 2
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web